Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,632 members, 7,951,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:50 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (521669 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:51am On Dec 11, 2012
Don Cipher: Ok...would do that
....its a necessary evil...just dont get sucked in ...cos dem get sweet mouth ....some reps get commissions on each card signed up... grin .... lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mekusinc: 3:23am On Dec 11, 2012
I have a similar case as you.I am currently 28 and have gotton admission 3times to ULETH for undergraduate but was denied visa the 3times.I have HND in computer science so I have applied bak to ULETH again 4 fall 2013 but this time it is for a post diploma BSC which is an alternative to PGD and d prog will last 2 years.all u need is your transcript and transfer course catalogue of niger studied courses,so I tink,this will help
kanayogod:
Nice one, my project was titled 'A data mining approach to sales monitoring and evaluation: a case study of dangote industries'
I had a 2:2 but having challenges getin admisssion for msc due largely to the low grades. My friendat Uleth has began admission process for BSC into eother Uleth or Mount Royal, my main concern is at 35, single and going back for another Bsc, what are my chances? I have 3 proposed sponsors: my dad, my brother who is an american citizen, and my friend's brother with a canadian PR, what are my chances?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 6:30am On Dec 11, 2012
Helo house, just tracked my medicals and it has bin delivered in france...my legs crossed, waiting for CDHC's final decision
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 11, 2012
lillaowow: Reading through d thread and smiling...
Thanks to those that asked of me...
To the new TRV holders, congrats
To those waiting to get their TRV, congrats in advance
To those waiting for medicals, all d best
To those denied, words fail me here, anyways, good luck in your future endeavÓurs ( we handle denials different ways)
Now to d gist

My Ðenial was dated, 22nd of Nov. I got to know on d 23rd
Cldnt inform my sponsor will she got to Nigeria on d 29th cos she was SOOOO certain I'd get it (in fact she traveled wit my Tuition, I was amazed when I saw it)...

Reason--- no sufficient balance without blah blah blah.... Sponsor not credible..

Still in lag, wld upload ma denial letter/note/ whatever when I get home tomorrow.

Everything I submitted was intact including the police character certificate

A question for the house, does No sufficient balance always comes with sponsor not credible??

I THINK d mistake I made was trying to be over confident with TWO sponsors. My main sponsor already said I was alright with her documents and balance. But I wanted to be soooo sure I wldnt have issues.

Welcome back to the thread. I think d major reason for ur denial is sponsor nt credible. If u check ur denial paper, it will be d reason written in pen. Once ur sponsor isn't credible, there is no how u will have enough funds to study in Canny witout working.

Now who is ur sponsor to u? What doc did u submit to prove dt?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 11, 2012
Rapuziaokwu: Helo house, just tracked my medicals and it has bin delivered in france...my legs crossed, waiting for CDHC's final decision

Please what kinda test do they conduct in d medical test?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:53am On Dec 11, 2012
LIST OF FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

1) owenklay : PG
2) galala123: PG
3) Goldie20: UG
4) ronakoks : PG
5) earthgreeners: PG
6) kanayogod: UG
7) freshdude: PG
8.) adim02: PG
9) jman77: UG
10) dommakavelli: PG
11) bukahands: PG
12) just_thinking: PG
13) mekusino: PG
14) blink6: UG

NB: Those whose names are yet to be added should indicate their proposed program, level, University / college.

Last Update: 11/12/2012 06:52pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 6:58am On Dec 11, 2012
mercylicious:

HIV ,TB n chest X-ray . Those are the ones they make obvious. There could be more however. But they just take a blood sample

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:59am On Dec 11, 2012
Jokzoh:

In your affidavit of support letter(s), did you state what each sponsor was going to be responsible for? Like A is going to pay rent and B pay tuition? Did you make them write the letters? Did you use "just" a notary public or a court oath stamp thing? Did you explain the relationship between the sponsors and yourself? And why they wanted to sponsor you? These are some of the holes most left in their applications for CAHC to fill in for them. Fill in the holes and re-fire. God help us!

OH BOY!!!!!!!
I think yu nailed it.........
If there was any problem at all, it wld definitely be from the affidavit and not sufficient balance whatever......
My sponsor's affidavit was from a notary public.. It was so short like " I'm Mrs X, d mother of. XYZ,and I'll be responsible for his tuition in N uni. Thank you"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:04am On Dec 11, 2012
Don Cipher:
My observation thus:
1. Probably CDHC verified your sponsors accounts but like u said ur sponsor travelled with ur tuition so they couldn't see the money stated in account.
2. From the docs u submitted, u indicated ur brother (Co-sponsor) had less than 100K if i'm right in his acct because he had withdrawn a large sum for business but he had good inflow & outflow. Putting 1 & 2 together, CDHC just assumed.

Sorry, I had already been denied before ma sponsor traveled. I couldn't tell her till she reached 9ja.infact, I haven't told her I was denied..I just said "I don't think I'll get it this time, lemmie go to Lagos and check what's going on".....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by harrymann(m): 7:54am On Dec 11, 2012
mercylicious:

Nice post. Plz harry, siga and all, throw more light on No 5.
Is there an option of nt using credit card at all? I prefer debit card and won't want credit card. In cutting coat according to pocket, is Indomie noodles cheaper in canny than in naija. Garrium sulphide is a must, I don't even mind doing waybill for it. Hahaha, faith in action.
@harry, am heading to Regina and would want to ask u sumthings offline.
My email is mercylicious@mtnnigeria.blackberry.com

@ mercylicious, oh yes, there is . But just that it is better to start building your credit history like Siga said. it will help you when you want to get a mortgage. about indomie, lol.., i have not seen indomie here yet oh. but there are different varieties of noddles available. you can hit me with; engineer_harry@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 9:15am On Dec 11, 2012
mercylicious:

Sir P!:

HIV ,TB n chest X-ray . Those are the ones they make obvious. There could be more however. But they just take a blood sample

Hepatitis is also included - a type of it is sexually transmitted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 9:31am On Dec 11, 2012
Don Cipher:

Hepatitis is also included - a type of it is sexually transmitted.

I think it Hepatitis B.. Not Too Sure.!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 9:56am On Dec 11, 2012
It is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 11:26am On Dec 11, 2012
I think its good for all fall 2013 to look for sponsor that have same surname this would reduce the stress of CDHC and fast in giving out TRY.

Parent- 100%sure
brother-100%sure
sister-100%sure
selfsponsor-100%sure
uncle-40%
cosine 40%.
Please there is more time for US all to look for same surename.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:48am On Dec 11, 2012
adim02: I think its good for all fall 2013 to look for sponsor that have same surname this would reduce the stress of CDHC and fast in giving out TRY.

Parent- 100%sure
brother-100%sure
sister-100%sure
selfsponsor-100%sure
uncle-40%
cosine 40%.
Please there is more time for US all to look for same surename.

You are right, and you are wrong.
I think u have a point, but as for the uncle, cousins and other relatives, It depends on how you package ur documents, how well you are able to prove your relationship, and what they stand to gain by funding ur studies in Canada....

As for parents and siblings, you can be denied if you dont package well, and if ur sponsors are unable to show sufficient proof of their income, sufficient funds for the duration of ur studies and for their other dependents.

Parents: 60%, the other 40 depends on how u package. (Sufficient funds, proof of income, other dependents)

Siblings: 55%, the other 45 depends on how u package.
(Proof of Relationship, sufficient fund, proof of income, other dependents, home ties)

Personal: 50%, the other 50 depends on how u package. (home ties, proof of sufficient fund, income, dependents)

Uncle, Cousins etc: 40%, the other 60% depends on how u are able to prove relationship, sufficient fund, income, what they stand to gain by financing ur studies in canada, proof dat they have supported u in d past, home ties.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hi, I'm new here and I must say you guys have really helpful tips. I plan on travelling to manitoba by Jan and I really need to know how much money I'll need to survive comfortably monthly. Looking forward to your replies guys...cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
I didn't get a tracking number after I did my medicals. Is this necessary?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
Cori_corde: I didn't get a tracking number after I did my medicals. Is this necessary?

its not neccesary
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
Bee_Mee_Nee: Hi, I'm new here and I must say you guys have really helpful tips. I plan on travelling to manitoba by Jan and I really need to know how much money I'll need to survive comfortably monthly. Looking forward to your replies guys...cheers

Pls I am also interested in this questions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
Jokzoh: Pls I am also interested in this questions

Answer to this question is quite complex....

It depends on your lifestyle, what you can afford and what you are willing to give out on comfort, it also depends on the cost of living of the province you find yourself..

Typically, an international student would require between 700 and 900 CAD monthly as living expenses.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Salomeh: 1:20pm On Dec 11, 2012
Cori_corde: I didn't get a tracking number after I did my medicals. Is this necessary?

I didnt get a tracking number too and I was told at the Ikoyi hospital that the results would get to CDHC by the end of the week. I was at d hospital on a monday...

Doesnt d Ikoyi hospital send to France lyk d Abuja hospital Just wondering...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
earthgreeners:

Answer to this question is quite complex....

It depends on your lifestyle, what you can afford and what you are willing to give out on comfort, it also depends on the cost of living of the province you find yourself..

Typically, an international student would require between 700 and 900 CAD monthly as living expenses.

Thanks @earthgreeners...also I'd like to find out if it better doing my shopping here in Nigeria or in Canada..and if its better in canada how much I'll need for a complete winter wardrobe..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
Bee_Mee_Nee: Thanks @earthgreeners...also I'd like to find out if it better doing my shopping here in Nigeria or in Canada..and if its better in canada how much I'll need for a complete winter wardrobe..

Bros abeg go pick ur akube jacket for Yaba / katangua (super busstop).... It depends on what u wanna have in ur shopping cart.. U can also buy a winter jacket in canada..

As a JJC, I suggest u do ur shopping here in Nigeria. Subsequently,as u get used to the canadian socio-economic system, u can buy things out there..

There are certain things u wld still need to buy when u get there..weigh ur options and try to be economical....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
@earthgreeners read my post what i said to get trv fast without delay.Let me ask you how many applicant that receive their TRv 2012 without same name please qoute me if my wrong.just few CDHC believe that all Nigeria are suspect cos of high corruption in the country even if genuine applicant are been denial Visa so they feel that their is no how a cosine or relative can help where he/she has a dependant i think we better encourage applicant for 2013 to strive heard on geting same name before considering cosine,relative that is what i feel.we are good to go

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
Have we all voted? US is winning.
Even if Siga doesn't win, lets give US thread a run

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
mercylicious: Have we all voted? US is winning.
Even if Siga doesn't win, lets give US thread a run

What do u mean give a US thread a run, i have been away from this thread for a while, and might be missing some info
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2012

tot u have got ur visa.what cnditns dey d attachment?lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2012
adim02: @earthgreeners read my post what i said to get trv fast without delay.Let me ask you how many applicant that receive their TRv 2012 without same name please qoute me if my wrong.just few CDHC believe that all Nigeria are suspect cos of high corruption in the country even if genuine applicant are been denial Visa so they feel that their is no how a cosine or relative can help where he/she has a dependant i think we better encourage applicant for 2013 to strive heard on geting same name before considering cosine,relative that is what i feel.we are good to go

@adimO2, we are saying the same thing, I was just trying to let you know that no visa application is 100% sure. We all have to package well, and with appropriate documents...

And besides we dont have to discourage those dat dont have same surname sponsor. With the right packaging and appropriate documentation, they can surely be successful with their application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
Fhemmmy:

What do u mean give a US thread a run, i have been away from this thread for a while, and might be missing some info

vote for your Travel Section poster of the year here, the nomination has ended, three people that got the highest number of nominations are up for vote..

https://www.nairaland.com/1127287/vote-travel-section-poster-year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by humanshado: 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
@Log1: I applied for course-based masters in U of Calgary. Waiting for decision.

@Don Cipher: My ultimate aim is to complete a PhD by transferring from MSc after competing coursework. I learnt that it is easier to get a supervisor when one is on ground. Thanks

@Siga: Thank you for the advice. I do not plan to hide any info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
Goldie20:

vote for your Travel Section poster of the year here, the nomination has ended, three people that got the highest number of nominations are up for vote..
https://www.nairaland.com/1127287/vote-travel-section-poster-year

OK, thanks for the update . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
adexcube: It is well.

Dear Visa applicants,

We are pleased to inform you that your study permit applications had been assessed.

Please kindly check with the Visa Application Centre where you submitted, on or before Friday 14th, December 2012 for further instructions.

We are sorry for the delay, it was due to high volume of applications received and the commitment by Immigration Canada to regulate the number of study permit issued per annum.

We wish you a successful stay in Canada.

Best Regards,
Earthgreeners
Visa Officer
CDHC

cc: VAC
All Winter 2013 study permit applicants

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.