Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,658 members, 7,979,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:58 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (524497 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:06pm On Dec 13, 2012
dommakavelli: I'm from Ikija

Omo Olumo!!!

@all, we need input on dommakavelli's case....he intends to use his aunt (maternal) as sponsor..different surname...what documents do u think he shld submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wuralulu: 10:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
Mehn!dis memorial university of newfoundland is cheap oooo!kai I want
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2012
wuralulu: Mehn!dis memorial university of newfoundland is cheap oooo!kai I want

As he cheap, na so the competition high..due to high volume of application...No be only u like cheap tins ooooo...Indians, pakistanis, chinese etc sef dey on the queue..

They now charge $953 per semester for 6 semesters (2years)....with exceptions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2012
earthgreeners:

Omo Olumo!!!

@all, we need input on dommakavelli's case....he intends to use his aunt (maternal) as sponsor..different surname...what documents do u think he shld submit?
...@dommakavelli.....if ur aunt can giv u her marriage certificate which will mos def show her maiden name that would be ok...and u sandwich it will ur mum's marriage certificate as well...and label them a and b....with a note detailing who is who....then whoever is handling ur application can find it easy to understand and move on to other docs.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
wuralulu: Mehn!dis memorial university of newfoundland is cheap oooo!kai I want

Dont be too Sure of that . . . . Here is there updated fee:

Cost ($CAD) Canadian Students International Students
Tuition
30 credit-hours $2,550 $8,800
Check here for more infor: http://www.mun.ca/become/undergrad/admissions/fees/

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Tuition
....Fhemmmy....na wa for u ooo....u sabi deliver bad news in a good way....all man don dey pop champagne thinking MUN dey cheap....guys no worry......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
Siga: ....Fhemmmy....na wa for u ooo....u sabi deliver bad news in a good way....all man don dey pop champagne thinking MUN dey cheap....guys no worry......

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa . . . Never oh,ok make i delete am quick cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:24pm On Dec 13, 2012
Siga: ...@dommakavelli.....if ur aunt can giv u her marriage certificate which will mos def show her maiden name that would be ok...and u sandwich it will ur mum's marriage certificate as well...and label them a and b....with a note detailing who is who....then whoever is handling ur application can find it easy to understand and move on to other docs.....

tanx bro...but the fact is my mum does not have any birth cert at the moment (she don lost am tay tay).. am worried about the issuing date if i ask her to get a new one.
in addition, which brth cert is the best? is it the one issued by the local government?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wuralulu: 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
earthgreeners:

As he cheap, na so the competition high..due to high volume of application...No be only u like cheap tins ooooo...Indians, pakistanis, chinese etc sef dey on the queue..

They now charge $953 per semester for 6 semesters (2years)....with exceptions

My brother!no be small tin,I applied to dat scul,dem no give me admission o,applied for environmental policies,d scul for make sense abeg!but why r dey so cheap?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
Siga: ....Fhemmmy....na wa for u ooo....u sabi deliver bad news in a good way....all man don dey pop champagne thinking MUN dey cheap....guys no worry......

Yeah Ofcourse, MUN is the cheapest....Can u give me a University that is cheaper?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wuralulu: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Tuition

Na wa for u bros,u can fit to burst someone buble!lol,but I think even at dis dey are cheap o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
wuralulu: My brother!no be small tin,I applied to dat scul,dem no give me admission o,applied for environmental policies,d scul for make sense abeg!but why r dey so cheap?

I think the Provincial government dey fund the school wellar. Besides, they wan attract people (brains) to their Province......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
dommakavelli:

tanx bro...but the fact is my mum does not have any birth cert at the moment (she don lost am tay tay).. am worried about the issuing date if i ask her to get a new one.
in addition, which brth cert is the best? is it the one issued by the local government?
...Mr Oga...I said marriage certificate...not birth certificate....but if she can go for a new birth certificate, it will be accepted....people loose it all the time...mine was destroyed and I had to go for another one from my local government....and it was accepted....so, tell her to go for another one...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
earthgreeners:

Yeah Ofcourse, MUN is the cheapest....Can u give me a University that is cheaper?....

Yes, they are still cheap . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
earthgreeners:

...my Oga....I never said MUN is not the cheapest or otherwise....all I did was comment on @Fhemmy's post....$8000 is not cheap ooo....might be cheap for person wey dey naija...but, when u settle wella for Canada and work tire...u go know say $8000 is not cheap....@Fhemmmy....I lie?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
wuralulu:

Na wa for u bros,u can fit to burst someone buble!lol,but I think even at dis dey are cheap o.

Compared to some, yes, they are cheap . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Tuition

bros fhemmmy, if u shuld go thru d list i provided earlier u will notice dat we are both saying dsame thing:

Memorial University $8,800 (undergraduate)

Memorial University $5,718 (graduate)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wuralulu: 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
dommakavelli:

I don't like contributing cause I don't know zilch abt dis canada people,but I know dat if u go to any court,u can swear an affidavit which is wat we call declaration of age,on dat affidavit,her maiden name will definitely reflect.d issue of date is not a problem,birth certificates r lost all d time,(tho u can back date d declaration of age,but pls don't oooo).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
Siga: ...Mr Oga...I said marriage certificate...not birth certificate....but if she can go for a new birth certificate, it will be accepted....people loose it all the time...mine was destroyed and I had to go for another one from my local government....and it was accepted....so, tell her to go for another one...

bro, No vex say my probs too much....My parents no get marriage cert oo...where dey one see am...lolz...they didn't go to court when the got married...they just give demself belle ni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
Siga: ...my Oga....I never said MUN is not the cheapest or otherwise....all I did was comment on @Fhemmy's post....$8000 is not cheap ooo....might be cheap for person wey dey naija...but, when u settle wella for Canada and work tire...u go know say $8000 is not cheap....@Fhemmmy....I lie?

My brother, you are very right oh . . . So many people worked all year and cant even show a 1000$ in their account as a balance in the account for that one year . . . . . Lol, but even for someone coming from Nigeria, if not how they do their own thing, how many people can show a balance of 8000$$ for the year, thus why always in need of co-sponsor . . . Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wuralulu: 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2012
earthgreeners:

I think the Provincial government dey fund the school wellar. Besides, they wan attract people (brains) to their Province......

Tor....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
xtus:

bros fhemmmy, if u shuld go thru d list i provided earlier u will notice dat we are both saying dsame thing:

Memorial University $8,800 (undergraduate)

Memorial University $1,896 (graduate)

The fee you put up there for the graduate is for the Graduate Diploma and not graduate per se. . . . http://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/fees_funding/Graduate_Tuition.php
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wuralulu: 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
dommakavelli:

bro, No vex say my probs too much....My parents no get marriage cert oo...where dey one see am...lolz...they didn't go to court when the got married...they just give demself belle ni

Haaaa bros,u don dey over disclose for here ooo,lol!calm down naaa,sorry am such a clown ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
earthgreeners:

Yes, since 1999 they have frozen the school fees and that is why is like the cheapest in town . . . How many people wanna go there? so they have to do something to attract the students . . . . cos when international students are there, they inject money into their economy too, cos they will rent, eat and buy and pay taxes, smart move, if you ask me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:43pm On Dec 13, 2012
dommakavelli:

....u be confirmed bad boy.....moving on....then go with the birth declaration....it is acceptable....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 10:43pm On Dec 13, 2012
Fhemmmy:

The fee you put up there for the graduate is for the Graduate Diploma and not graduate per se. . . . http://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/fees_funding/Graduate_Tuition.php

thanx boss....... I don go correct am
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
dommakavelli:

Bad guy trying to make him papa and mama look bad . . . anyhow, that is not the end of the world, such is what will be refereed to as common-law relationship and it is not illegal, i am sure they can get some kinda legal documents to show that they are your parents and then, find a way to link her to your sponsor like Siga mentioned.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
wuralulu:

Haaaa bros,u don dey over disclose for here ooo,lol!calm down naaa,sorry am such a clown ooo

hmmmm....a dead man must not hide body for person wey won bath am na....yoruba adage...lolz

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
Siga: ...my Oga....I never said MUN is not the cheapest or otherwise....all I did was comment on @Fhemmy's post....$8000 is not cheap ooo....might be cheap for person wey dey naija...but, when u settle wella for Canada and work tire...u go know say $8000 is not cheap....@Fhemmmy....I lie?

I get ur point sir...we are saying the same thing....

In summary, Studying abroad is not cheap but in comparism some are cheaper than the other...
It all depends on what you can afford and what you desire to get.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
Siga: ....u be confirmed bad boy.....moving on....then go with the birth declaration....it is acceptable....

That is a very good one too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:47pm On Dec 13, 2012
earthgreeners:

In summary, Studying abroad is not cheap but in comparism some are cheaper than the other...

That is true and better than the universities in Nigeria that it is strike all year round and you are sure you are getting your money's worth too in Canada. . . . I promise you too that you will have electricity to read most of the times and you wont have to study using lantern
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:47pm On Dec 13, 2012
earthgreeners:

...100 % correct....now lets move on to visa questions....money issue don dey cos too much english....

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.