Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:47 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (514967 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
Danyl:

what if you are going for a course to combine with another course you already have of which without a thorough knowledge of the two it will be hard to have a go. for instance, bioinformatics is a course that combines computer science especially software programming/algorithm designs and biology/biochemistry, and you are going for an undergraduate course in computer science to support ur previous degree in biological sciences.. what do you have to say to that...

If u must do such i believe u should have a strongly worded letter of intent of ur study in Canada detailing ur reasons behind ur choice of study. Even if they have any doubts with your by the time they see ur logical reason and line of argument they will accept.

The reason why some are called for interview by the embassy is because they have probably seen some slight inconsistencies which they doubt and they need u to come sway their doubts. Just like newacca highlighted in an earlier post that he strongly packaged his 2nd application n was later called for an interview after which he was told to go do his medicals after 13days.

So really packaging is key to a successful application because is what they see that u have stated n provided as a supporting document that will convince them to give u a visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2012
Danyl: @ebugirl, thanks for the infor, please do you have the link to the questionaire form....

No, I don't dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 50pips: 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
ebugirl:

No, I don't dear

andrew dont check out, Nigeria go beta embarassed embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 50pips: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
Andrew no check out, Nigeria go beta embarassed embarassed

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
@ galala123
These are criterias for the investors PRV program in Canada :
* Are u worth $1,600,000 (in assets,investment n cash)?
*Have u managed a business for at least 2years in the past 5years?

Alternatively,

*Have u in the course of Managerial cadre employment overseen 5 full time jobs for @ least 2years in the last 5years?
*Are u ready to make a passive investment of $800,000 in a Canadian bank for 5years ,after which your money will be returned?

Alternatively,

Are u ready to make an investment of $180,000 in a Canadian bank for 5years; for which the bank will finance the difference of $620,
000?

IF U MEET ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA ,then u are prequalified to appy for immigration to Canada under the investors class
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DrealGio: 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2012
@galala123: only the handle self na confirm grin Baba relax, the VO fear u!. Lol...he would have said, "who is this enterprising Nigerian that wants to attend postsecondary school in Canada with all these qualifications and investments, not forgetting his travels?!" With that said, bro, u won. Just repackage your application and GUN for something BIGGER. Maybe a 2nd Msc in another area of concentration, and don't forget to put all those things u narrated above,,,,,,, then make we see whether oyibo no like gbalaries! Them go GRAB you > > > "your one leg don they there self 'cos they will be expecting u to reapply." Don't be surprise if they hala your phone shortly!. Go get your transcript and do d needful. Cheers man!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DrealGio: 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
pauloman: @ galala123
These are criterias for the investors PRV program in Canada :
* Are u worth $1,600,000 (in assets,investment n cash)?
*Have u managed a business for at least 2years in the past 5years?

Alternatively,

*Have u in the course of Managerial cadre employment overseen 5 full time jobs for @ least 2years in the last 5years?
*Are u ready to make a passive investment of $800,000 in a Canadian bank for 5years ,after which your money will be returned?

Alternatively,

Are u ready to make an investment of $180,000 in a Canadian bank for 5years; for which the bank will finance the difference of $620,
000?

IF U MEET ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA ,then u are prequalified to appy for immigration to Canada under the investors class

I second this post @galala123"" this will just do if u fall in any of these categories, otherwise u try with your transcript. I c ya spirit Soaring @dis ..my brother...!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
pauloman:

Wow u mean u have all these credentials and u went so low as to apply as a student visitor in Canada? To even worsen the situation u now went and applied for a pgd or was it a diploma when u evidently have an MBA?

My brother having a credential as urz and reviewing your application by the VO,he must have been suspicious of ur true intentions to come and study. With my little experience with the embassy,they dont fancy inconsistencies in any application. Hence,ur trv refusal !

Since u obviously have that much money as u claim,then u should be applying for ur PRV directly instead of a trv. You can do this through the Canadian Investor Program or the Canadian Enterprenuership Program since u are a business man. All u need do is package ur application very or better still get an immigration lawyer in Canada that will package one for u and rep u all the way to get PR visa.

Ur case is just like having a diamond or gold in ur hands and u are busy still picking stones. Please be progressive in ur plans and not otherwise,the VOs value that alot and that is why they want to have a feel of ur history when u apply for a visa. All the best Bro. Cheers !

Thanks Pauloman. Will study your suggestions deeper now. Problem is that assets and cash at hand are 2 very different things, for instance, I have been working on my hotel for the past 3 years even though it is operational re-investing / ploughing back every kobo from that business back and even moving money from other sources there. Such businesses are very capital intensive but you get a long flow of income which will can be of benefit to you children and grand children unborn. And remember, your workers will be cutting your throat too.

Sometimes these folks expect you to cough out the kind of cash that they don't even see in their society as they mostly live on credit by spending money not yet earned. I wont go and start selling stuff for this purpose. I also read about people waiting for years (some 8 years) in que and then even being disappointed eventually. I also believe that all these things can be done much more easily, within shorter waiting times and with dignity if you are applying from within their country. That's why I wanted to get there first. See how we wait like refugees for student visa? Sometimes you stoop to conquer once you know what you want. I was not going for any program or certificate to use to feed eventually so I chose something that will give my brain enough free space as , believe me, it is hot enough everyday already trying to survive in a business environment where people hardly keep their promises and always have very good reasons for failing to keep their commitments. Even if you succeed "relatively" in such an environment, you wont want your kids to go through such stress. Sometimes you do supply and the people in house want to corner everything from security man at the gate to ....... so you end up with nothing sef, but then you console yourself and say, maybe I will hammer another day and...well I have the records to show VO! grin

Like USA, once you get there and see street begging, you will begin to wonder what all the fuss at the embassy is about. At that stage, you see less "shakara" from them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2012

@VCTROKOYE
I intend to study computer science in Canada but all schools denied me admission because of my second class lower(3.27/5). Please I want the house to please give me suggestions. I want to study computer science.

@Dany
are u going for undergraduate or masters

I am going for masters
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
DrealGio: @galala123: only the handle self na confirm grin Baba relax, the VO fear u!. Lol...he would have said, "who is this enterprising Nigerian that wants to attend postsecondary school in Canada with all these qualifications and investments, not forgetting his travels?!" With that said, bro, u won. Just repackage your application and GUN for something BIGGER. Maybe a 2nd Msc in another area of concentration, and don't forget to put all those things u narrated above,,,,,,, then make we see whether oyibo no like gbalaries! Them go GRAB you > > > "your one leg don they there self 'cos they will be expecting u to reapply." Don't be surprise if they hala your phone shortly!. Go get your transcript and do d needful. Cheers man!!!

Thanks, I also forgot to mention that I included my open ended contract with a world bank project based in washington, DC. I am a research assistant/ consultant to the organisation earning $400 per day (A day is 8 work hours) upon agreeing to perform a request for service (RFS). catch is that the work is not constant, when they need information from a ministry or agency, they write to ask if you can get it and then you agree on the number of days and once you submit your report, you also submit your bill and the payment is wired from the US. I put the contract in my package too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2012
DrealGio:

I second this post @galala123"" this will just do if u fall in any of these categories, otherwise u try with your transcript. I c ya spirit Soaring @dis ..my brother...!

I can work on the 3rd alternative once I make it a "priority" coz a mans life is not static as I have no pending project at hand now. I will need some time to build up the money and serious austerity measure with little or no overseas family vacation for now (We are now 5 and each time I buy tickets, I think of all my problems the money could have solved and then you will spend again oh -That's why I hate visitor visa's so much now. They are just drain pipes, no health insurance, no social security, the UK banks even refused to open account for me!, eventually they opened one account and gave me a "cash card" which can not be used online but to withdraw cash from their ATM machine only! see visitor visa insult). No account opening issues in USA only they charge me a token monthly fee ($6) if I dont make up to 5 POS purchases with the card every month. Online purchases dont count
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
galala123:

Thanks Pauloman. Will study your suggestions deeper now. Problem is that assets and cash at hand are 2 very different things, for instance, I have been working on my hotel for the past 3 years even though it is operational re-investing / ploughing back every kobo from that business back and even moving money from other sources there. Such businesses are very capital intensive but you get a long flow of income which will can be of benefit to you children and grand children unborn. And remember, your workers will be cutting your throat too.

Sometimes these folks expect you to cough out the kind of cash that they don't even see in their society as they mostly live on credit by spending money not yet earned. I wont go and start selling stuff for this purpose. I also read about people waiting for years (some 8 years) in que and then even being disappointed eventually. I also believe that all these things can be done much more easily, within shorter waiting times and with dignity if you are applying from within their country. That's why I wanted to get there first. See how we wait like refugees for student visa? Sometimes you stoop to conquer once you know what you want. I was not going for any program or certificate to use to feed eventually so I chose something that will give my brain enough free space as , believe me, it is hot enough everyday already trying to survive in a business environment where people hardly keep their promises and always have very good reasons for failing to keep their commitments. Even if you succeed "relatively" in such an environment, you wont want your kids to go through such stress. Sometimes you do supply and the people in house want to corner everything from security man at the gate to ....... so you end up with nothing sef, but then you console yourself and say, maybe I will hammer another day and...well I have the records to show VO! grin

Like USA, once you get there and see street begging, you will begin to wonder what all the fuss at the embassy is about. At that stage, you see less "shakara" from them.

Lol i feel u my brother ! I am also into business too but also a professional civil/building engineer. But i had to weigh my options @ getting to Canada. First i applied as a student which was not successful. Then i decided to apply as a skiilled worker in the Federal skilled worker program ,since i am a professional with two seperate degrees and a good amount of years of experience. Right now i am just waiting for my PRV after i did my medicals about a month ago although i have applied since 2010.

What i am trying to say is that u use what u have to get what u want and move to the next level of your life. As per the long wait times. I think CIC is gearing to change all that and besides if u will apply as i recommended in my earlier post its better you apply over there in Canada using an immigration lawyer who can oversea things better for you. I can link u up if and when u are ready.

Also with this program u are set to migrate to Canada with all your family members which i feel is better.

I forgot to mention that with this investor class program u are pre-qualified for an initial Business Exploratory Trip to Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2012
DrealGio: @galala123: only the handle self na confirm grin Baba relax, the VO fear u!. Lol...he would have said, "who is this enterprising Nigerian that wants to attend postsecondary school in Canada with all these qualifications and investments, not forgetting his travels?!" With that said, bro, u won. Just repackage your application and GUN for something BIGGER. Maybe a 2nd Msc in another area of concentration, and don't forget to put all those things u narrated above,,,,,,, then make we see whether oyibo no like gbalaries! Them go GRAB you > > > "your one leg don they there self 'cos they will be expecting u to reapply." Don't be surprise if they hala your phone shortly!. Go get your transcript and do d needful. Cheers man!!!

Ahhh, I was planing to reduce some of the stuff oh! I think I put too much docs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
Sir P!:
@olami1224 How far? My application got to cdhc same day as yours.. I guess we are partners in waiting lool

@Sir P... let's hope for the best....Insha Allah we'll scale through
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moty4all: 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2012
You have to start by searching for schools that offer the program u intendt to study and apply to them.. And also be apply to this schools, just make sure that you can get all the required document for visa are ready and okay...

kenniology: Pls,i just finishd from a sch of nursin n i av ma registered nurse cert(rn)...i wud lik 2 go 4 bsc nursin in canada but i dont knw d process involved..can any1 shield light on dis? Mind u im a fresher n i dunno anyfin bout visa bla bla bla stuffs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2012
@galala123,
sorry abt d refusal. Pauloman has offered a very good advice money can't buy.
@Pauloman,
damn! u are 5star rated!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by fflowers: 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2012
Hello house, I'm sooo happy to tell the house that I juust collected my TRV today. Thanks all! Thee list of doc submitted is coming soon! Thank u all for ur support αη∂ advices! I don dance Azonto αη∂ Etighi tire o! Make I activate Salsa! LOLL

@Ola αη∂ galaala, I'm so sorry! But giving up is neva an option! We r here to help y'all work it out nxt time!

One love
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2012
Congrat fflowers, see you in manitoba someday...Im really happy.....i gat alot of things to ask u , can u please send me ur phone number on my email is oyegunle14@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2012
fflowers: Hello house, I'm sooo happy to tell the house that I juust collected my TRV today. Thanks all! Thee list of doc submitted is coming soon! Thank u all for ur support αη∂ advices! I don dance Azonto αη∂ Etighi tire o! Make I activate Salsa! LOLL

@Ola αη∂ galaala, I'm so sorry! But giving up is neva an option! We r here to help y'all work it out nxt time!

One love

Thanks and congrats. We wont give up. I'm used to struggling till I succeed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2012
Congrat fflower.....see u in Manitoba someday...the president of UMGSA is a Nigerian..

fflowers: Hello house, I'm sooo happy to tell the house that I juust collected my TRV today. Thanks all! Thee list of doc submitted is coming soon! Thank u all for ur support αη∂ advices! I don dance Azonto αη∂ Etighi tire o! Make I activate Salsa! LOLL

One love

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2012
galala123:

Thanks for the feedback.

I am married with 3 kids. My wife is a co director of all our companies and I stated in my application that she will be on ground to see to the day to day running of the businesses. My wife also has 5 year UK visa and we all had 2 years US visa which recently expired. My 2 kids have 2 years UK visa too which have expired. I am about to apply for 5 years UK for them. The third child does not need visas to travel. I am open to honest opinion even if it does not sound nice. Thanks

But with the money and connection you have, you shouldn't be subjecting yourself to the rigors of getting a student visa from Nigeria. Applying for a visiting visa and then doing a short term program like a 6wks course could have set the ball rolling because after the course, you can get an extension and another admission then return home to re-apply base on that. I guess your packaging too is over blown may be you should bring it down a little bit. Too much money can be a threat sometimes don't you think so?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
Obamacare:

But with the money and connection you have, you shouldn't be subjecting yourself to the rigors of getting a student visa from Nigeria. Applying for a visiting visa and then doing a short term program like a 6wks course could have set the ball rolling because after the course, you can get an extension and another admission then return home to re-apply base on that. I guess your packaging too is over blown may be you should bring it down a little bit. Too much money can be a threat sometimes don't you think so?

Just working on the web and realised I made a big mistake from the start. I went to register on Ontario colleges and so I was just looking at the small picture all along. At the end of the day, I was not even sure if I wanted the program so I was relieved that the application was turned down. I might as well pay for a better program. I have a 2/2 in Acctg with the MBA so it's not like I do not have the pre-requisite qualification for better courses.

I too know (ITK) can sometimes make a person make a fool out of himself. I saw an agent who said I should pay like 200k for admission! I ran away and paid $95 and processed my admission by myself! Maybe I would have learnt a few things from the agency!

The same agency said I should pay $2k for visa! that the $2k is refundable if I do not get the visa. I was shocked and felt that only an ignorant person will pay such amount when the rules are spelt out clearly, so I went and paid my 20k or so to CDHC! smiley (In my mind, I said "go and collect the money from aje butters whose parents will pay the money for them, no be me"!

I put on my spike shoes and ran away! One can learn a lot from this forum.

Abeg who has info on reasonably priced Msc in Business management field in a town that is easily accessible from International airport in English speaking regions. I just saw Royal Roads University Msc (Global Management) for $28,880 per September 2012 intake (so It will be like $30k by September 2013). MBA in the same institution is $44,000 for September 2012! down from $56,000 in Sept 2011 (Seems recession is catching up on them so the cut the fees down by $12,000)

Since I have MBA, I am guess an Msc will be more ideal now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DrealGio: 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2012
galala123:

Thanks, I also forgot to mention that I included my open ended contract with a world bank project based in washington, DC. I am a research assistant/ consultant to the organisation earning $400 per day (A day is 8 work hours) upon agreeing to perform a request for service (RFS). catch is that the work is not constant, when they need information from a ministry or agency, they write to ask if you can get it and then you agree on the number of days and once you submit your report, you also submit your bill and the payment is wired from the US. I put the contract in my package too.

The VO must have found it difficult to turn down your application. I believe that if you try again, u will get. More grease to your elbows bro. You dey fly < < <>!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
DrealGio:

The VO must have found it difficult to turn down your application. I believe that if you try again, u will get. More grease to your elbows bro. You dey fly < < <>!!!

The program was completely off course. I will look for a more reasonable Masters program next year. If you have suggestions, please assist (Management/ finance courses)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 21, 2012
hi does anyone know if memorial university of newfoundland accepts 2:2 for msc oil and gas engineering? which is better meng or msc...? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jeffc4real: 6:20am On Jul 21, 2012
Someone please help me,im a nigerian and i want to study in the university of prince edward island,can you help me detail my way and how life is in there. Is the school a good one?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 50pips: 8:02am On Jul 21, 2012
make ona no check out, Nigeria go better embarassed embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2012
[quote author=galala123]

Just working on the web and realised I made a big mistake from the start. I went to register on Ontario colleges and so I was just looking at the small picture all along. At the end of the day, I was not even sure if I wanted the program so I was relieved that the application was turned down. I might as well pay for a better program. I have a 2/2 in Acctg with the MBA so it's not like I do not have the pre-requisite qualification for better courses.

I too know (ITK) can sometimes make a person make a fool out of himself. I saw an agent who said I should pay like 200k for admission! I ran away and paid $95 and processed my admission by myself! Maybe I would have learnt a few things from the agency!

The same agency said I should pay $2k for visa! that the $2k is refundable if I do not get the visa. I was shocked and felt that only an ignorant person will pay such amount when the rules are spelt out clearly, so I went and paid my 20k or so to CDHC! smiley (In my mind, I said "go and collect the money from aje butters whose parents will pay the money for them, no be me"!

I put on my spike shoes and ran away! One can learn a lot from this forum.

Abeg who has info on reasonably priced Msc in Business management field in a town that is easily accessible from International airport in English speaking regions. I just saw Royal Roads University Msc (Global Management) for $28,880 per September 2012 intake (so It will be like $30k by September 2013). MBA in the same institution is $44,000 for September 2012! down from $56,000 in Sept 2011 (Seems recession is catching up on them so the cut the fees down by $12,000)

Since I have MBA, I am guess an Msc will be more ideal now.[/

Forgot to ask a few questions @Galala123. Did you pay your tuition fee before submission?, What was your closing bank balance on your statement (A rough estimate) When did you submit your application and when are you meant to resume? I have a word of advise for you if you can answer this questions and drop an email address
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2012
@bakorede What stage are you? Awaiting admission, awaiting medicals, awaiting trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2012
[quote author=Obamacare][/quote]

@obamacare, I paid half ($6,500) before submission, paid the balance in June coz of deadline. Send payment evidence and reason for payment before visa decision to CDHC.
Had about $35k in my personal USD dom account.
I submitted mid march. Was to resume early Sept.

I am relieved by the refusal however as I realised during the wait that the program level was completely off point. I am planning to go for my transcripts now having contacted ICAS again to upgrade my credentials.

What advice do you have? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 8:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
Pls what is "Preliminary Statement of Marks"? Is it same as transcript?

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.