Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,743 members, 7,875,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:41 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (514263 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 3:49am On Jul 22, 2012
@ SirP! I'm still waiting 4 medicals but i went 2 His office at festac,infact i met alot of pple collecting their trv while some av been called for Medicals.i just pray i'm fortunate too.He is even coming over to 9ja cos of d delay at d embassy.i think u said u av been given ur TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:58am On Jul 22, 2012
@ Bakorede

Stop posting that material from your 'agent' in Canada, not needed here. Please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 9:51am On Jul 22, 2012
justwise: @ Bakorede

Stop posting that material from your 'agent' in Canada, not needed here. Please.

I concur. I posted my experience, though negative here for others to learn from as I have learnt from other peoples experiences here.

This forum is DIY inclined, so let's keep it that way. We are here to learn from each other because no agent will let go of their "trade secret" even if they see you falling into a trap unless you engage their services.

I completely agree with justwise while wishing Bakorede the best and thanking him/ her for sharing the experience from "agency/ agent" (it just crossed my mind that this could also eventually serve as a learning point). Problem is that the post was leaning towards advertisement and hence the yellow card.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 9:54am On Jul 22, 2012
@justwise-u shudn't av problem wit my post because it wasn't directed 2u.end of discusion!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2012
Bakorede: @justwise-u shudn't av problem wit my post because it wasn't directed 2u.end of discusion!

I have problem with your posts and i have being keeping an eye on it since you started it.

Nobody is interested in sending money to an 'agent' in Canada for student visa issue that should be done in Nigeria.

Anymore of such post you will say goodbye to your ID.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:41am On Jul 22, 2012
galala123:

I concur. I posted my experience, though negative here for others to learn from as I have learnt from other peoples experiences here.

This forum is DIY inclined, so let's keep it that way. We are here to learn from each other because no agent will let go of their "trade secret" even if they see you falling into a trap unless you engage their services.

I completely agree with justwise while wishing Bakorede the best and thanking him/ her for sharing the experience from "agency/ agent" (it just crossed my mind that this could also eventually serve as a learning point). Problem is that the post was leaning towards advertisement and hence the yellow card.

That is exactly what its all about here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
@bakorede No, I'm awaiting medicals. My app got to cdhc two thursdays ago
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2012
justwise:

I have problem with your posts and i have being keeping an eye on it since you started it.

Nobody is interested in sending money to an 'agent' in Canada for student visa issue that should be done in Nigeria.

Anymore of such post you will say goodbye to your ID.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2012
@justwise-u said it wil b bye bye 2my ID.wat do u mean?moreso u shudn't b boderd abt my post.i didn't say pple shud giv him money neither do i advatise 4him.i only feel dat smthin some pple don't know,others can know beta.u ar only tryin 2make it pasonal,even if u are d owner of nairaland,u shudn't av talkd as if u own d world.i av no issues with u at all.i'm only tryin 2 giv options 2 dose u might need it because i know how trustworthy and transparent dis person is.wat wil even take sm1 2 make a call abt d whole issue?wil dat cal mean he would ask 4money?and mind u he has his Nigerian office at festac town.Even u urself culd note 4rm @Galala 123 post dat He admited dat he was doing ITK wen he had d opportunity of talking 2 a person(agent)u is more xprienced dan himself.So please!dis stuff shuld just b put 2 rest indefinitely.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 2sexy(m): 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2012
Bakorede: @justwise-u shudn't av problem wit my post because it wasn't directed 2u.end of discusion!
If your aim is to advertise an agent, I would advice that you ply your trade elsewhere. A lot of people have been fortunate enough to get their TRV without any agent and they did with the information that they got from here FREE!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
@ Sir P!-alrite,d LORD wil do it 4 us and We will b fortunate 2geda in Jesus Name.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2012
@ 2 sexy-don't b sicken abt my post.it would av been beta if u'ad ignord it!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 2sexy(m): 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
Bakorede: @justwise-u said it wil b bye bye 2my ID.wat do u mean?moreso u shudn't b boderd abt my post.i didn't say pple shud giv him money neither do i advatise 4him.i only feel dat smthin some pple don't know,others can know beta.u ar only tryin 2make it pasonal,even if u are d owner of nairaland,u shudn't av talkd as if u own d world.i av no issues with u at all.i'm only tryin 2 giv options 2 dose u might need it because i know how trustworthy and transparent dis person is.wat wil even take sm1 2 make a call abt d whole issue?wil dat cal mean he would ask 4money?and mind u he has his Nigerian office at festac town.Even u urself culd note 4rm @Galala 123 post dat He admited dat he was doing ITK wen he had d opportunity of talking 2 a person(agent)u is more xprienced dan himself.So please!dis stuff shuld just b put 2 rest indefinitely.
My Guy, Ogbeni... Hold am dia. This is Nigeria and we know how things work with people when something involve money.

If the situation between your agent and somebody get bad what guarantee do have to tender in order for the person to get back his money? Stop that non-sense now!

And did I hear you say he is honest?

I raise a RED FLAG. House and whoever is reading this shouldn't dare it or contact this agent o oo. Whoever does so is only doing at his own detriment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2012
Bakorede: @justwise-u said it wil b bye bye 2my ID.wat do u mean?moreso u shudn't b boderd abt my post.i didn't say pple shud giv him money neither do i advatise 4him.i only feel dat smthin some pple don't know,others can know beta.u ar only tryin 2make it pasonal,even if u are d owner of nairaland,u shudn't av talkd as if u own d world.i av no issues with u at all.i'm only tryin 2 giv options 2 dose u might need it because i know how trustworthy and transparent dis person is.wat wil even take sm1 2 make a call abt d whole issue?wil dat cal mean he would ask 4money?and mind u he has his Nigerian office at festac town.Even u urself culd note 4rm @Galala 123 post dat He admited dat he was doing ITK wen he had d opportunity of talking 2 a person(agent)u is more xprienced dan himself.So please!dis stuff shuld just b put 2 rest indefinitely.

You really don't get it, this thread is the fastest growing thread here in Travel Section, many members here have being great helping others with their inquiries and results comes in.

Last yr here an agent scammed more than[b] 8 thousand[/b] Nigerians with Canadian visa issue, he has an office in Lagos, advertised the scam on radio and newspaper in Nigeria but still thousands were scammed.

What else will that Canadian agent do that people have not done here?

Please just don't go there, keep your dealings with him off-nairaland and good luck with that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2012
2sexy:
My Guy, Ogbeni... Hold am dia. This is Nigeria and we know how things work with people when something involve money.

If the situation between your agent and somebody get bad what guarantee do have to tender in order for the person to get back his money? Stop that non-sense now!

And did I hear you say he is honest?

I raise a RED FLAG. House and whoever is reading this shouldn't dare it or contact this agent o oo. Whoever does so is only doing at his own detriment.

That will not happen because the post will be hidden before anybody sees it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
galala123:

@obamacare, I paid half ($6,500) before submission, paid the balance in June coz of deadline. Send payment evidence and reason for payment before visa decision to CDHC.
Had about $35k in my personal USD dom account.
I submitted mid march. Was to resume early Sept.

I am relieved by the refusal however as I realised during the wait that the program level was completely off point. I am planning to go for my transcripts now having contacted ICAS again to upgrade my credentials.

What advice do you have? Thanks

Good: Meaning you could match your asset for a physical cash. Submitting mid March was a little early though. First week in April may have been better. Base on what you have shared, I can conclude you have very bright chance of getting your TRV at another attempt. I still think you should consider visiting Canada first before re-applying for study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2012
Obamacare:

Good: Meaning you could match your asset for a physical cash. Submitting mid March was a little early though. First week in April may have been better. Base on what you have shared, I can conclude you have very bright chance of getting your TRV at another attempt. I still think you should consider visiting Canada first before re-applying for study permit.

@Obamavare, thanks for the advice. Hope to reapply but, at a higher educational level after collecting my transcript. I thank God it was rejected coz, the September timing is coming much faster than expected and it would have been difficult to go.

What good reason do I have to apply for visit visa? Will they not think I am planning to take off? Especially having applied for study permit EARLIER which prima facie establishes a case that will not favour me? If a visitor visa application is turned down, it may affect my next student visa application adversely.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2012
galala123:

@Obamavare, thanks for the advice. Hope to reapply but, at a higher educational level after collecting my transcript. I thank God it was rejected coz, the September timing is coming much faster than expected and it would have been difficult to go.

What good reason do I have to apply for visit visa? Will they not think I am planning to take off? Especially having applied for study permit EARLIER which prima facie establishes a case that will not favour me? If a visitor visa application is turned down, it may affect my next student visa application adversely.

I will advise you not to apply for visit visa because if they turn it down again,your chances of going to canada will be narrowed.Just get another admission like Msc or professional certificate programme,and reapply.With the info that you got here,i believe you will fly.I feel that your earlier chosen course is what make them think that you are not a genuine candidate and thereby suspending further processing.You have more than expected requirements to secure trv but you only lack proper documentation,and i strongly believe that as soon as you follow this thread till you submit your visa application,you must be 90perc sure of you trv.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
Noswaa:

I will advise you not to apply for visit visa because if they turn it down again,your chances of going to canada will be narrowed.Just get another admission like Msc or professional certificate programme,and reapply.With the info that you got here,i believe you will fly.I feel that your earlier chosen course is what make them think that you are not a genuine candidate and thereby suspending further processing.You have more than expected requirements to secure trv but you only lack proper documentation,and i strongly believe that as soon as you follow this thread till you submit your visa application,you must be 90perc sure of you trv.

Thats not bad either but I wasn't expecting him to do any submission again till next year by the way. I didnt mean immediately. if you have visited the US several times as claimed, then you shouldn't have problem visiting Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2012
Noswaa:

@Noswaa: Long time: Let me ask your opinion on this. Is it advisable to submit an old passport together with a new one when applying for study permit? Also what do you think is the chances of getting a study permit when one has been refused visiting. the person was refused over 2years ago though?
Thanks your inputs are always genuine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
Obamacare:

Thats not bad either but I wasn't expecting him to do any submission again till next year by the way. I didnt mean immediately. if you have visited the US several times as claimed, then you shouldn't have problem visiting Canada

I buy lots of stuff from US, UK and UAE. I have relatives in UK and USA. Believe me, I did not want to state my circumstances in this forum, but just wanted honest opinions as you have to tell a doctor your problems for right diagnoses. I appreciate your advice but take exception to the word "claim". I need not tell lies here. What will I gain by telling lies? Will I tell CDHC that, "I have been to USA, UK and UAE and other countries so give me visitor visa?"

On my former passport with 2 and 5 years USA and UK visas respectively, I was given only 10 days single entry schenghen tourist visa (perhaps coz I said I was going to spend 10 days) even though I expected @ least 1 year multiple entry. So visa cases don't add up that way because of sovereignty. Even a Kenyan VO can say "well good for you Mr. Traveller, but this is Kenyan matter and I won't give you visa!".
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2012
Obamacare:

@Noswaa: Long time: Let me ask your opinion on this. Is it advisable to submit an old passport together with a new one when applying for study permit? Also what do you think is the chances of getting a study permit when one has been refused visiting. the person was refused over 2years ago though?
Thanks your inputs are always genuine.

Yes brother,Submitting an old passport with visa on it whether expired or not will be an advantage,some embassy do make it compulsory unless otherwise,but i will not advise you to submit any old passport with visa refusal.Denying of visit visa have nothing to do with your study permit decision.I understand that Canada visa decision is quite different from that of most embassies in Nigeria,since your are able to provide the necessary documents,i don't see them denying you visa.To my own understanding,this people are more interested on how you are closely related to your sponsor and if you are self sponsored,you must prove to them that you are capable and back it up.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2012
galala123:

I buy lots of stuff from US, UK and UAE. I have relatives in UK and USA. Believe me, I did not want to state my circumstances in this forum, but just wanted honest opinions as you have to tell a doctor your problems for right diagnoses. I appreciate your advice but take exception to the word "claim". I need not tell lies here. What will I gain by telling lies? Will I tell CDHC that, "I have been to USA, UK and UAE and other countries so give me visitor visa?"

On my former passport with 2 and 5 years USA and UK visas respectively, I was given only 10 days single entry schenghen tourist visa (perhaps coz I said I was going to spend 10 days) even though I expected @ least 1 year multiple entry. So visa cases don't add up that way because of sovereignty. Even a Kenyan VO can say "well good for you Mr. Traveller, but this is Kenyan matter and I won't give you visa!".

My brother don't get it twisted. Never called you a lier and won't ever do that. The word as claimed is used to imply your quote and not mine neither is it my insinuation. Please don't be offended. Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 2sexy(m): 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2012
justwise:

You really don't get it, this thread is the fastest growing thread here in Travel Section, many members here have being great helping others with their inquiries and results comes in.

Last yr here an agent scammed more than[b] 8 thousand[/b] Nigerians with Canadian visa issue, he has an office in Lagos, advertised the scam on radio and newspaper in Nigeria but still thousands were scammed.

What else will that Canadian agent do that people have not done here?

Please just don't go there, keep your dealings with him off-nairaland and good luck with that.
i heard and watched it on the news. No b that 1 wey people go gather 4 National Theater and waiting to check out? Lol... You need to hear the stories of some of those preys. You would pity them. Some borrowed money, some quit their jobs, some sold their property and so on and had nothing to fall back on after mishap.
But what people who scam others do not know is that they too will suffer.
Now imagine the number of curse that the scammer will receive from the somewhat 8k victims. O boy no pray make somebody naked swear for you o o o. I tell you, if it happens, whoever it's swore on may not live to see his own children and if he did, he may not see them reach to seem finish primary school sef. Bottom in that they don't live long. I have seen happen and I can give an account of 3 guys it happened to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2012
2sexy: i heard and watched it on the news. No b that 1 wey people go gather 4 National Theater and waiting to check out? Lol... You need to hear the stories of some of those preys. You would pity them. Some borrowed money, some quit their jobs, some sold their property and so on and had nothing to fall back on after mishap.
But what people who scam others do not know is that they too will suffer.
Now imagine the number of curse that the scammer will receive from the somewhat 8k victims. O boy no pray make somebody naked swear for you o o o. I tell you, if it happens, whoever it's swore on may not live to see his own children and if he did, he may not see them reach to seem finish primary school sef. Bottom in that they don't live long. I have seen happen and I can give an account of 3 guys it happened to.

Yes its that case, it was played out here https://www.nairaland.com/706047/crystal-service-immigration-scam/23#9124151

See page 23 for pictures of victims in National Theater with their bags waiting for be lifted to Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 2:25am On Jul 23, 2012
@ 2sexy and justwise i'm not disputing dat there are no scamers.d only thn is dat God wil save us 4rm any of them.amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:16am On Jul 23, 2012
Fall 2013 hopefuls...Can we start talking about our Admission and TRV?
@Bakorede, u r a mere distraction on dis thread...If u wan advertise go radio station, u never even get ur TRV u don dey advertise ur agent.....abeg hold am...
@justwise, good job
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 23, 2012
earthgreeners: Fall 2013 hopefuls...Can we start talking about our Admission and TRV?
@Bakorede, u r a mere distraction on dis thread...If u wan advertise go radio station, u never even get ur TRV u don dey advertise ur agent.....abeg hold am...
@justwise, good job
u need to take it easy bro!!!!, Abi Shey u no see say the guy don apologise for mentioning his agent on here?.....Abi Wetin be your own sef? Over Sabi pple for NL

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 9:21am On Jul 23, 2012
This Nairaland is just too funny. You get to read the most laughable things on the internet here.
grin grin grin
Beats my imagination Nigerians would troop to National Theater waiting to be air lifted to Canada. Are u kidding me? Na hajj??

@Bakorede - Am sure you would't blame the house for the apathy towards this "AGENTS" thingy. One whose father was struck in the head by a bullet uses an iron pot to make himself a helmet.
@justwise - Great work you are doing here sir. I hope the reward is handsome too. My small advise; while you go about doing this brilliant censoring task, I do not think "ID Withdrawal" threats should be a tool ready for early deployment at the slightest provocation.
@all TRV hopefuls - Please keep keeping on, it is nearer than you can imagine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:32am On Jul 23, 2012
bumdish: This Nairaland is just too funny. You get to read the most laughable things on the internet here.
grin grin grin
Beats my imagination Nigerians would troop to National Theater waiting to be air lifted to Canada. Are u kidding me? Na hajj??

@Bakorede - Am sure you would't blame the house for the apathy towards this "AGENTS" thingy. One whose father was struck in the head by a bullet uses an iron pot to make himself a helmet.
@justwise - Great work you are doing here sir. I hope the reward is handsome too. My small advise; while you go about doing this brilliant censoring task, I do not think "ID Withdrawal" threats should be a tool ready for early deployment at the slightest provocation.
@all TRV hopefuls - Please keep keeping on, it is nearer than you can imagine.

That is the only way of stopping that person from posting that material again, i can't keep hiding people's post because it doesn't look good when people keep seeing hidden posts.

I don't enjoy hiding posts of banning people but sometimes after several warnings that becomes the only option.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 10:07am On Jul 23, 2012
justwise:

That is the only way of stopping that person from posting that material again, i can't keep hiding people's post because it doesn't look good when people keep seeing hidden posts.

I don't enjoy hiding posts of banning people but sometimes after several warnings that becomes the only option.

I totally agree with the fact that the sanctity of Threads must be kept, the "Hidden Post" thingy is also very annoying as readers become even more curious to know what the Moderators are hiding. You can imagine what facebook would have become by now if you keep seeing "Hidden Post" on comment threads or some dude issuing out a profile deletion threat. I had rather that posts are secretly hidden while the poster is privately engaged by the way of email , some red alert message on the individual's profile or outright profile deletion if need be. Same thing goes for threads closure, participants should be pre-informed by email or something else rather than the rude red THREAD CLOSED stamp.

Nairaland has done well, guess it time to make the system even more intelligent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.