Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,455 members, 7,978,462 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:47 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (524446 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 6:07am On Jan 13, 2013
Not heard nufin from MErcylicious, wia r u dear?
come out come out werever u r!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 7:40am On Jan 13, 2013
earthgreeners: @all, As I await acceptance from a Canadian university and gather documents for my study permit application. I need advise from forumites on my case file.

My profile is as follows,
Graduated in 2011 (Bachelors in Environmental Mgt, 4.39/5.0), NYSC Completed- October, 2012. Currently working as a High School teacher

My sponsor - Brothers (Self employed and Employed), Same Surname

I applied for courses in: Environment and Sustainability
Natural Resources Management.

Here are the documents I intend to submit to CDHC;
EMBASSY DOCUMENTS
1) Application Checklist
2) Application Form
3) Questionnaire
4) Family information form
5) Bank Draft (N19,500)

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
1) Letter of acceptance from the University.
2) Official fee schedule from the University.

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1) Passport
2) Two Passport Photograph
3) Birth Certificate
4) Police Character Certificate
Academic Credentials,
1) WAEC Certificate
2) High School Testimonial
3) Degree certificate
4) University Transcripts
5) NYSC certificate,
6) Curriculum Vitae
7) Letter of intent

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
1) Originals of the last 6 months of sponsor’s Bank account statement
2) Letter of reference from Bank.
3) Sponsor’s letter of sponsorship
4) Affidavit of Support
5) Sponsor's employment letter
6) Letter of reference from sponsor's employer
7) Pay Slips (6month)
cool Landed properties documents, shares certificates.
9) Passport Datapage photocopy
10) Birth Certificate

For my Self employed sponsors: In addition to 1,2,3,4,8,9,10 above.
1) Tax Clearance
2) Company Registration

FAMILY INFO DOCUMENT
1) Dad's death Cert. (Deceased)
2) Siblings Birth Certificates or passport data page or Nat. ID..
3) Married Siblings' Marriage certificates

MY QUESTIONS
1) Can I submit a letter from the High school I work (25K salary) or should I just fill unemployed?
2) I am the last child of d family, shld I include details of all my siblings (we plenty small) on the family info form?, all employed and okay...
3) shld I include a letter (acknowledging brothers as sponsor) and document from my mum (she has abt 1M in her account and a landed property), she is not my sponsor o?.
4) Is it wise to include any of my dad's documents? (Deceased)
5) What are the missing documents on the list above?

^
HELP
Mr. Earthgreeners, where is No.8?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 13, 2013
dealexad: Not heard nufin from MErcylicious, wia r u dear?
come out come out werever u r!!!
My dear, I dey ooo. My guy gave me serious assignment to find sch for am in Canny, if possible,Sask so dt we can stay close. Also Sask is much better to survive as a student. I don't search tire. The few colleges I saw don't do anything close to elect eng. Uni of sask does pgd but its 2years, I won't want him to do a pgd for 2 years plus the financial proof to embassy being a self sponsor.
Please u guys should help me in d search.
I saw a good pgd in MUN - safety and risk Engineering but they didn't specify d duration, so I wrote them to let me know d duration. I also asked them his chances of getting msc there with cgp of 3.3.

kunle2: hello, please, i would like to know the school(s) one can apply to in Canada with a Nigerian 2.2(3.1/5) in engineering asap. thanks
There are a lot of schools. U may not get admisn for masters cos of ur grade, I advise you to search for uni's and colleges dt do advanced diploma or graduate diploma.
I will also advise u to stay away from Toronto for now if you have a choice, u can still go back there after graduation. Reason, its easier to get job and cope in other province that have lesser population than in Toronto. Its also easier to get ur stay papers in other province too. I know this will cause an uproar in d house bt dts my opinion.

mozo: @Siga, mercy and all, need your opinion. If had like 3.5 in my own current account and my sponsor has like 1m in fixed deposit, and 900 in his salary account, will that fly? Or does he need to add more money to that?

To answer ur question, what is the total cost of tuition and living expense for a year?
What is your course duration? U said ur sponsor works in a bank, what is his status (contract or main staff ( I know UBA makes some contract staff product manager.) Do you know his payment per annum? Is he married? How many dependants does he have?
Just answer d ones you know their answer so dt we can proceed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 13, 2013
My status is still d same, I feel they removed my file from the queue after they called me on Dec 10th.Am going to send them a mail tommorow morning by 8am (so dt the mail will be among the 1st they will see) .
Today makes it 4 months frm submission date. Ill ask them if I should get a deferal letter - more like a psyching questn.
Am yet to be advised if my deferal has been approved nor received any offer letter to dt effect. Ill write my supervisor a reminder on tuesday if I don't get response from him by Monday.

Keep the hopes alive, cos we must get to Canny sumday.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:04am On Jan 13, 2013
kanayogod: Mr. Earthgreeners, where is No.8?

No 8 dey there sir..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:08am On Jan 13, 2013
mercylicious: My status is still d same, I feel they removed my file from the queue after they called me on Dec 10th.Am going to send them a mail tommorow morning by 8am (so dt the mail will be among the 1st they will see) .
Today makes it 4 months frm submission date. Ill ask them if I should get a deferal letter - more like a psyching questn.
Am yet to be advised if my deferal has been approved nor received any offer letter to dt effect. Ill write my supervisor a reminder on tuesday if I don't get response from him by Monday.

Keep the hopes alive, cos we must get to Canny sumday.

Madam I feel you
As for the PDG stuff....Try the colleges in province close to Saskatchewan..
Manitoba (Red River) and Alberta (SAIT)....Newbrunswick (Newbrunswick Community College) etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 9:45am On Jan 13, 2013
mercylicious:

To answer ur question, what is the total cost of tuition and living expense for a year?
What is your course duration? U said ur sponsor works in a bank, what is his status (contract or main staff ( I know UBA makes some contract staff product manager.) Do you know his payment per annum? Is he married? How many dependants does he have?
Just answer d ones you know their answer so dt we can proceed.

Well, he is a main staff, been there over 7years, yeah he is married with a son, payment per annum is a little above 6m. Dependants just two, my tuition is 28080, living expense for a year for accommodation alone is 5000 for a year.. That's all the answer I can confirm at the moment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 13, 2013
mozo:

Well, he is a main staff, been there over 7years, yeah he is married with a son, payment per annum is a little above 6m. Dependants just two, my tuition is 28080, living expense for a year for accommodation alone is 5000 for a year.. That's all the answer I can confirm at the moment

Well, I see 28080 a year for tuition alone as being on d high . Please crosscheck again.
Avg living expense for schools in Canny is between 10k to 12k.

Min proof of financial requirement for a year course is ;
=Tuition(for a year) + living expenses (10kcad to 12kccad) + transport (N500k)
D 500k will take care of flight, local trans and miscelleneous. This calc is for self sponsors going for a year course. If u are sponsored, its the above + money for dependants. Very likely a double of the above calc. The source of funds shld also tally should also be clearly shown. You cannot be earning 200k pa and have an acnt statement of N5M. It shows source of money in the account is nt accounted for.

I have not been able to know the financial requirement for a 2 year course. Frm their guideline form, they said proof of funds for one year (tuition , living expense and transport) + source of funds for the remaining duration.
6million PA earning for a sponsor is impressive, but your sponsor should try and increse his closing balance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eldredthedon(m): 11:10am On Jan 13, 2013
Finally in Ottawa noww......mehhhhn o boy, dis cold no be joke oooooo......and pole here are saying its not even bad yet......God dey.....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 13, 2013
eldred the don: Finally in Ottawa noww......mehhhhn o boy, dis cold no be joke oooooo......and pole here are saying its not even bad yet......God dey.....

Congrats. Remember to keep focused and make us proud.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 11:55am On Jan 13, 2013
Mercilicious what about someone with cGPA 3.52 out of 5, applying to MUN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
mercylicious:

Well, I see 28080 a year for tuition alone as being on d high . Please crosscheck again.
Avg living expense for schools in Canny is between 10k to 12k.

Min proof of financial requirement for a year course is ;
=Tuition(for a year) + living expenses (10kcad to 12kccad) + transport (N500k)
D 500k will take care of flight, local trans and miscelleneous. This calc is for self sponsors going for a year course. If u are sponsored, its the above + money for dependants. Very likely a double of the above calc. The source of funds shld also tally should also be clearly shown. You cannot be earning 200k pa and have an acnt statement of N5M. It shows source of money in the account is nt accounted for.

I have not been able to know the financial requirement for a 2 year course. Frm their guideline form, they said proof of funds for one year (tuition , living expense and transport) + source of funds for the remaining duration.
6million PA earning for a sponsor is impressive, but your sponsor should try and increse his closing balance.

Sorry that tuition is for 2years,for a year its $16195, what about if the closing balance is like 2.5.. Thanks for the response @mercy, its appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2013
earthgreeners:

No 8 dey there sir..
Ogbeni, you skipped No.8
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 13, 2013
mozo:

Sorry that tuition is for 2years,for a year its $16195, what about if the closing balance is like 2.5.. Thanks for the response @mercy, its appreciated

My dear, 2.5M no go anywhere ooooo.
Like I said, I've nt confirmed exactly wat they need as proof of funds for 2years course (whether it is as they stated- one year tuition and living expense and source of funds for remaining stay.)

Confirm again, d 16165cad is also high for tuition alone(except for flight school) for a year. Is it tuition and living expense and other fees? I know sum schools pay up to 12kcad but I've nt heard of 16kcad.
@house, plz put mouth for dis one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
bukahands: Mercilicious what about someone with cGPA 3.52 out of 5, applying to MUN

3.52 is 2.1 . Wit a good statement of interest and good referal letter, it shld get u admission in MUN. Getting admission also depends on the number of students they have space for and the qualification and number that applied.
If u can, apply for more than 1 school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2013
mercylicious:

3.52 is 2.1 . Wit a good statement of interest and good referal letter, it shld get u admission in MUN. Getting admission also depends on the number of students they have space for and the qualification and number that applied.
If u can, apply for more than 1 school.

Which other school will u suggest for me, I am apply for msc biochemistry am also writing GRE to supplement ma application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by terryhill: 1:27pm On Jan 13, 2013
ples tell me more about the application and how did u applied for it plesss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
terryhill: ples tell me more about the application and how did u applied for it plesss

What do you want to apply for and what is your purpose?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 13, 2013
bukahands:

Which other school will u suggest for me, I am apply for msc biochemistry am also writing GRE to supplement ma application.

@earthgreeners and all , plz help .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 1:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
mercylicious:

My dear, 2.5M no go anywhere ooooo.
Like I said, I've nt confirmed exactly wat they need as proof of funds for 2years course (whether it is as they stated- one year tuition and living expense and source of funds for remaining stay.)

Confirm again, d 16165cad is also high for tuition alone(except for flight school) for a year. Is it tuition and living expense and other fees? I
know sum schools pay up to 12kcad but I've nt heard of 16kcad.
@house, plz put mouth for dis one.

Yeah, it includes other fees as well, bearing in mind the 3.5 in my account
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 13, 2013
@ missahoy, I can see u.
Sumone asked a question how u went about with your work permit. If u had a job offer, etc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2013
@mozo,6m in your sponsors account is not that bad,the most important thing is the way you present your case,even if your for 4 years course does not mean all the money for the 4 years will be in your account,they may like to know the source of the money so as to be convinced that he is capable to sponsor you,if you have more than 6m, please don't hesitate to add it but if not go ahead with your application. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
eldred the don: Finally in Ottawa noww......mehhhhn o boy, dis cold no be joke oooooo......and pole here are saying its not even bad yet......God dey.....
...lol...Mr Eldorado...u call this one cold...I laugh in Atawapiskat (a Native Town for Canada) ...infact...this year don break records already...this one na Spring weather.... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kemdee: 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2013
Please I'ld like to ask if there's any clinic at Ikeja where I can do my medicals instead of going all the way to the island...and is it possible to go to d VAC to collect my med instruction and do medicals the same day?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
kemdee: Please I'ld like to ask if there's any clinic at Ikeja where I can do my medicals instead of going all the way to the island...and is it possible to go to d VAC to collect my med instruction and do medicals the same day?

Your Schedule schuld be as follows:

Day 1 : Visit VAC in Ikeja to obtain medical instructions.
Proceed to Hospital in Ikoyi to make payment and other enquiries

Day 2: Proceed to Hospital for Medical Check...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:04pm On Jan 13, 2013
kemdee: Please I'ld like to ask if there's any clinic at Ikeja where I can do my medicals instead of going all the way to the island...and is it possible to go to d VAC to collect my med instruction and do medicals the same day?

Depending on time factor, from VAC to Traffic to Hospital factors.

I think between 1-2days

Your Schedule should be as follows:

Day 1 : Visit VAC in Ikeja to obtain medical instructions.
Proceed to Hospital in Ikoyi to make payment and other enquiries..

Day 2: Proceed to Hospital for Medical Check...(This might be possible on Day 1 depending on so many factors)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
mercylicious: My status is still d same, I feel they removed my file from the queue after they called me on Dec 10th. Am going to send them a mail tommorow morning by 8am (so dt the mail will be among the 1st they will see). Today makes it 4 months frm submission date.
U're very active online 2day (9ice); 2mr wuld be 5wks since u were contacted, wat on earth are they still confused abt?

Sent a mail for the 1st time on friday but got an out of office response, i shuld not resend email my inquiries would be treated & i would get a feedback if required; did u ever get this? (what was the response interval whn u mailed CDHC) dnt knw if it's because i mailed arnd 1pm (guess they close early on fridays). My app is 4mths dis wk as well, I wuld be @CDHC 2mr mrn; it seems filling dt inquiry form @ the gate wakes them up 4rm slumber. Kudos to @bryanhumber & @omosanyaolak; u guys are very strong - it is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
mercylicious: @earthgreeners and all , plz help .

@Mercylicious, Me nor sabi admission requirement tins ooo....
I think it all depends on the available space and the number of students that applied.. They rank applicants based on so many criteria....e.g CGPA, Potential supervisor (research based), Referees, Statement of intent etc...

Memorial University, University of Regina, University of Saskatchewan and University of Manitoba are the surest bet I could think of....

There is competition everywhere but a Nigerian students with a 1.1 or 2.1 stand a chance.....

I would advise him to apply for a course based program in his field (If available).....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Hinxx: 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
Don Cipher:
U're very active online 2day (9ice); 2mr wuld be 5wks since u were contacted, wat on earth are they still confused abt?

Sent a mail for the 1st time on friday but got an out of office response, i shuld not resend email my inquiries would be treated & i would get a feedback if required; did u ever get this? (what was the response interval whn u mailed CDHC) dnt knw if it's because i mailed arnd 1pm (guess they close early on fridays). My app is 4mths dis wk as well, I wuld be @CDHC 2mr mrn; it seems filling dt inquiry form @ the gate wakes them up 4rm slumber. Kudos to @bryanhumber & @omosanyaolak; u guys are very strong - it is well.

Please keep us posted about ur visit to their office tmrw...its really getting on my nerves,if they are going to call someone for medical,they should,and if not give me my passport to do something else with it,its really annoying na. About 4 months now...Msheeeeewwww
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 8:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
earthgreeners:

@Mercylicious, Me nor sabi admission requirement tins ooo....
I think it all depends on the available space and the number of students that applied.. They rank applicants based on so many criteria....e.g CGPA, Potential supervisor (research based), Referees, Statement of intent etc...

Memorial University, University of Regina, University of Saskatchewan and University of Manitoba are the surest bet I could think of....

There is competition everywhere but a Nigerian students with a 1.1 or 2.1 stand a chance.....

I would advise him to apply for a course based program in his field (If available).....

There's is no course based biochemistry in these schools anyway I mailed MUN earlier they said I am eligible to apply, lemme package wella will make sure my referrals are proffesors
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:06pm On Jan 13, 2013
bukahands: There's is no course based biochemistry in these schools anyway I mailed MUN earlier they said I am eligible to apply, lemme package wella will make sure my referrals are proffesors

Gettings a potential supervisor is also a plus...If they dnt reply, dnt bother..just go ahead with ur application...

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.