Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,547 members, 7,921,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:32 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (519217 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 7:57am On Jan 16, 2013
Seen, will get back to you by COB today.
ezme: @TRV_IJN you got mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:58am On Jan 16, 2013
check your email.
ezme: @TRV_IJN you got mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:59am On Jan 16, 2013
greeners check your email
earthgreeners:

Did you bother to seek for information?. Well, that 10days (even for Visitors visa) na Joke of 2012. It's just CDHC's new year resolution. Just like the snail made a resolution that he would walk faster than a hare in 2013..

The 10 days hypothesis would be a miracle if it actually happens........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 9:34am On Jan 16, 2013
lft:

He looks like oyinbo since he don marry lol and with flat nose ... grin
Hahhahhahhahhaha. K ooooo visualising till I see wit my cro cro eyes. He is a very good elder brother. Was imagining him to be big, tall wit broad shoulders dose kind wan wey dey protect dem kid sis from bad boys. Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iwinosajack: 9:59am On Jan 16, 2013
Pls all d gurus in d House, I need ur advise. I submitted application for study permit in Dec 2012, I just discovered that my School made a mistake in d course duration stated on my final letter of acceptance. Instead of 2yrs, they stated 1yr on d letter. I hav written to d school, they acknowledged d mistake and promised to send a corrected copy to me. My question is dis: do I notify CDHC of the Error in my letter or leave my application as it were? If I notify them, will they allow me to substitute d corrected copy for d old one without asking me to submit a fresh application? Pls pls I need ur urgent reply. Thanks @ all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 10:11am On Jan 16, 2013
TRV_IJN: check your email.
you got mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 16, 2013
iwinosajack :
Pls all d gurus in d House, I need ur advise. I submitted application for study permit in Dec 2012, I just discovered that my School made a mistake in d course duration stated on my final letter of acceptance. Instead of 2yrs, they stated 1yr on d letter. I hav written to d school, they acknowledged d mistake and promised to send a corrected copy to me. My question is dis: do I notify CDHC of the Error in my letter or leave my application as it were? If I notify them, will they allow me to substitute d corrected copy for d old one without asking me to submit a fresh application? Pls pls I need ur urgent reply. Thanks @ all

When you were filling your application,did u fill 2 years visa? If u did, get the acceptance leta 4rm school and go to embassy Lagos, explain to them, retrieve it and submit d new one, its easy.
On the other hand, if what you filled on the form is one year, u might have to reapply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iberoje: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2013
thanks much brother...i will do the application from here and also show my letter of employment when i was in nigeria i hope that can scale me through.
Siga: ....well...ur friends carry point for hand but that's not always true....I know few people that have done somethin similar from UK and got their visas....I even have a friend from that ur Malaysia that got his US study visa , even though some of his paddies were denied...so...its pretty much how u package ur apps...u can pretty much say u couldn't go to naija to apply cos u dey finish April, u didn't wanna miss any classes or exams ...this is becos Naija processing time is almost 6months which will eat into ur study time in Malaysia...hence u decide to apply in Malaysia....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iwinosajack: 10:59am On Jan 16, 2013
mercylicious:

When you were filling your application,did u fill 2 years visa? If u did, get the acceptance leta 4rm school and go to embassy Lagos, explain to them, retrieve it and submit d new one, its easy.
On the other hand, if what you filled on the form is one year, u might have to reapply.

@ mercylicious,thanks for ur prompt response. I filled 1yr on d form. is it not possible for me to retrieve both d letter and d form and submit fresh ones since my application has not been processed? Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 11:23am On Jan 16, 2013
I would advise you not to complicate your issues. even me who isn't a CDHC staff find the story phoney because you were consistent with your acceptance letter when filling the form (my own thoughts). when you get to Canada you can apply to extend your stay.
i advise you to be 100% truthful.
iwinosajack :

@ mercylicious,thanks for ur prompt response. I filled 1yr on d form. is it not possible for me to retrieve both d letter and d form and submit fresh ones since my application has not been processed? Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 11:25am On Jan 16, 2013
goodlinks: hello how you all this is your time and year to be ok in lief what visa do you need call me on 00233545024936 i will like you up

See this mumu oooo! Wetin agberu dey do for canny thread? Haba.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 11:27am On Jan 16, 2013
TRV_IJN: I would advise you not to complicate your issues. even me who isn't a CDHC staff find the story phoney because you were consistent with your acceptance letter when filling the form (my own thoughts). when you get to Canada you can apply to extend your stay.

I agree with Mercylicious. But it's your call!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by afamefa: 11:44am On Jan 16, 2013
Heello, Please i want advice on hw to travel to canada .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 11:52am On Jan 16, 2013
Plenty molue dey Oshodi wey dey go Canada at affordable price
grin.
afamefa: Heello, Please i want advice on hw to travel to canada .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 11:53am On Jan 16, 2013
afamefa: Heello, Please i want advice on hw to travel to canada .
Visiting or schooling
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 16, 2013
A lot of mails flying - personal things. grin

@iwinosajak,
I wanted to suggest u send a mail to cdhc, bt if u do, it may give them the impression that you did not do enough research concerning d course, so u may have another motive for travelling. This is cos d mistake is from both u and school.
The best bet is to withdraw and reapply.
@house, what do u think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 11:54am On Jan 16, 2013
efosa12345: Plenty molue dey Oshodi wey dey go Canada at affordable price
grin.
Abi ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2013
TRV_IJN: I would advise you not to complicate your issues. even me who isn't a CDHC staff find the story phoney because you were consistent with your acceptance letter when filling the form (my own thoughts). when you get to Canada you can apply to extend your stay.

What if at the time cdhc writes d school to confirm the admission status, they reply dt its a 2 year course? Cdhc will think that he reduced the duration to be able to meet up financial proof ( my tot), dt may earn him a ban for misleading cdhc.

Also if he goes to Canny wit a 2year visa, he will get a 3 year post graduate permit as against a 1 year permit if he goes for a year's course.

Guy, my advise is withdraw and re-apply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 12:25pm On Jan 16, 2013
You may have a point there mercy, but i believe that if the initial acceptance letter is original (directly from the school) and he filled 1 yr (of course based on the info he got from the school) then CDHC will not penalize him if they scanned a copy of the letter for confirmation by the said school.

Also on the PGWP you get a PGWP for the duration of the program you graduated from but up to a maximum of 3yrs. please see link below, i just felt i should correct you on that.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp
mercylicious:

What if at the time cdhc writes d school to confirm the admission status, they reply dt its a 2 year course? Cdhc will think that he reduced the duration to be able to meet up financial proof ( my tot), dt may earn him a ban for misleading cdhc.

Also if he goes to Canny wit a 2year visa, he will get a 3 year post graduate permit as against a 1 year permit if he goes for a year's course.

Guy, my advise is withdraw and re-apply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
TRV_IJN: You may have a point there mercy, but i believe that if the initial acceptance letter is original (directly from the school) and he filled 1 yr (of course based on the info he got from the school) then CDHC will not penalize him if they scanned a copy of the letter for confirmation by the said school.

Also on the PGWP you get a PGWP for the duration of the program you graduated from but up to a maximum of 3yrs. please see link below, i just felt i should correct you on that.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp

mercylicious is still correct
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seedgie(m): 1:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
@TRV IJN nice one. I Wanted to say d same thing.pls live ur application like that or u may end up spoiling every thing if u want to do as mercy said. CDHC will call you for correction if they are not clear or ok with your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 1:49pm On Jan 16, 2013

Although I would go with this, but Just ensure you have a letter from the school acknowledging they were at fault, just in case
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by EASY32: 1:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
I have applied for M.Sc fall 2013 admissions @ MUN.I currently work for an oil servicing coy. My fees for a session is about 1800 cad. How much will my account hold to satisfy my student visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
iwinosajack :

I think the first thing was when you filled your application, how many years did you specify on it, 1 year or 2 years?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
iwinosajack :
....bro...dont cause wahala....since u filled in 1yr when u filled ur application and u advised that the initial letter u submitted was 1yr...why u dey wahala urself....when u reach Canada u can extend anytime....use the new letter to specify reason for renewal and ask ur school to write u a supporting letter stating their mistake....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
iwinosajack :

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2013
imadebaby:
Hahhahhahhahhaha. K ooooo visualising till I see wit my cro cro eyes. He is a very good elder brother. Was imagining him to be big, tall wit broad shoulders dose kind wan wey dey protect dem kid sis from bad boys. Lol
....Far from big my sister....Im Athletic, an inch short of 6ft.....dont look my age as confirmed by alot of people....even @Henkys was shocked when he saw me....I dey sexy as ever (make I show off small now)lol ....dark skinned and little hair for head...lol...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
Siga: ....bro...dont cause wahala....since u filled in 1yr when u filled ur application and u advised that the initial letter u submitted was 1yr...why u dey wahala urself....when u reach Canada u can extend anytime....use the new letter to specify reason for renewal and ask ur school to write u a supporting letter stating their mistake....

That was gonna be my advice to him, leave things as they are and as long as he still remain in school in Canada, extension will be given to him . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
EASY32: I have applied for M.Sc fall 2013 admissions @ MUN.I currently work for an oil servicing coy. My fees for a session is about 1800 cad. How much will my account hold to satisfy my student visa?

People to be careful of just how much the account need to hold . . . I always advice people that the history on the account and proof of how to sustain yourself is very important, but if you could show 3M Naira in that account, wont be a bad idea, the more the better, but dont lodge the money at once all cos you wanna show huge amount, they are not only blondes at the embassy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by alezdegr8: 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2013
I agree with you fhemmy,the most important thing is the inflow and outflow of cash in account,then the source.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
goodlinks: hello how you all this is your time and year to be ok in lief what visa do you need call me on 00233545024936 i will like you up

Who be dis one sef....
Even if na Ghana Visa u dey do, with dis english I no dey buy....
Abeg I go tell you when Kings College form come out......
How can this guy even fill the Questionaire form?, he dare not write a letter of intent....

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
Don Cipher: lol...one thing i've noticed is that some peeps don't take time to read up pages they've missed, so they just post comments; else this guy 4 no come here dey find prey. We will fish out all dem scam pple.

Make earthgreeners sight dis guy post first.

@Don cipher, abeg no mind am, na dose mufu dey cause am.....
Na person like Onye Oma we need for this thread...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.