Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,497 members, 7,951,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:55 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (521643 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
TRV_IJN: No yawa bro.Ne BA I dey speak for...prices may differ from day to day. But I believe N225k isn't bad for the comfort BA offers.it works for me

What I mean is return ticket being more expensive than one way. Am not saying whether its expensive or not and I had to check from the net before posting that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uyogabie(f): 11:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
Pls house,i need urgent advice.A Brother of mine applied to study for his phd in corcordia university for over a year now.Unfortunately,just when he thought it was going to work out,he was told there's no supervisor for his course.Dont know if he should forget the uni. Or try a different country.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
uyogabie: Pls house,i need urgent advice.A Brother of mine applied to study for his phd in corcordia university for over a year now.Unfortunately,just when he thought it was going to work out,he was told there's no supervisor for his course.Dont know if he should forget the uni. Or try a different country.

He could try other schools in Canada, however, if he think there is better nation than Canada that could satisfy his need, by all means, he shd try it, cos at the end of the day it is important he gets what will make him happy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uyogabie(f): 7:13am On Jan 18, 2013
Fhemmmy:

He could try other schools in Canada, however, if he think there is better nation than Canada that could satisfy his need, by all means, he shd try it, cos at the end of the day it is important he gets what will make him happy
Thanks for your response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 7:57am On Jan 18, 2013
ticklin:

Thank you very much Siga.
Dude, its Prof Siga!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Emblem(m): 8:12am On Jan 18, 2013
dealexad:
this schools looks phoney o, see their website sef, and dats supposed to be an IT based skul

Funny dude. As for IT guys, we love keeping things simple to avoid confusion. Indian websites are so ugly. But my guy, they r d best wen it comes to IT( U̶̲̥̅̊ knw wat I mean).....wetin do your bb since you enter canny? Its goin to 2 weeks man.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ticklin: 8:23am On Jan 18, 2013
dealexad:
Dude, its Prof Siga!!! angry

Ahh! Excuse me, Prof Siga! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 9:15am On Jan 18, 2013
bro, let me do it over this weekend so i can be thorough
ezme: @TRV_IJN, I'm waiting on your feedback
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 9:26am On Jan 18, 2013
please, does Canadian embassy stamp passport when visa is denied?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 9:57am On Jan 18, 2013
VCTROKOYE: please, does Canadian embassy stamp passport when visa is denied?
No..tbmk
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 18, 2013
uyogabie: Pls house,i need urgent advice.A Brother of mine applied to study for his phd in corcordia university for over a year now.Unfortunately,just when he thought it was going to work out,he was told there's no supervisor for his course.Dont know if he should forget the uni. Or try a different country.

I chatted wit a coursemate of mine, he has an UG cgpa of 3.86 bt regina rejected him. He wrote a prof in d school and the prof accepted him. He then informed d admissn dept and his status changed to accepted.

My advice - ur bros shld try and get a supervisor in d school. Dt was d mistake he made. For most phd or research courses, u shld get a supervisor b4 applying, but nt being able to get supervisor shld nt stop u 4rm applying. If u have sumone in d sch/dept, they shld help u speak to d profs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uyogabie(f): 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
mercylicious:

I chatted wit a coursemate of mine, he has a cgpa of 3.86 and regina rejected him. He wrote a prof in d school, they guy accepted him , he wrote the admissn dept and d dept changed to accepted.

My advice - ur bros shld try and get a supervisor in d school, dt wasd wat he did wrong. For most phd or research courses, u shld get a supervisor b4 applying, but nt being able to get supervisor shld nt stop u 4rm applying. If u have sumone in d sch/dept, they shld help u speak to u.
.thanks Bro.yes,his mistake was that he didnt request for a supervisor before applying.Now he has been given the names of profs in the dept to contact them individually.unfortunately,they are all engaged this yr except two that are yet to respond.He doesnt know anyone in canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
ticklin:

Ahh! Excuse me, Prof Siga! smiley
...lol...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
uyogabie: .thanks Bro.yes,his mistake was that he didnt request for a supervisor before applying.Now he has been given the names of profs in the dept to contact them individually.unfortunately,they are all engaged this yr except two that are yet to respond.He doesnt know anyone in canada.
...@mercy na woman ooo...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
225,000k return ticket is a really good deal. How many hrs Stopover in London? My flight had a one hr stopover at Rome to refuel technically I have been to Rome right? Smiles. Wish you and others journey mercies bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
Jokzoh: 225,000k return ticket is a really good deal. How many hrs Stopover in London? My flight had a one hr stopover at Rome to refuel technically I have been to Rome right? Smiles. Wish you and others journey mercies bro
....very funny...."technically I have been to Rome" right? ...Nope...u need step out of the airport now.... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 4:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Siga: ....very funny...."technically I have been to Rome" right? ...Nope...u need step out of the airport now.... grin
ooo nooo! r u now telling me i'v never been to Qatar?!.. no jo angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
kenniy:
ooo nooo! r u now telling me i'v never been to Qatar?!.. no jo angry
...Ok ooo...I rest my case ooo... una don enter Qatar, Rome and anywhere u stopped ooo... lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 4:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
Siga: ...Ok ooo...I rest my case ooo... una don enter Qatar, Rome and anywhere u stopped ooo... lol
Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 4:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
2hrs 25mins stop over in London.... smiley you are right bro, technically you have been to Rome.... i was in Milan during Easter 2012 but i never go Adis Ababa smiley
Jokzoh: 225,000k return ticket is a really good deal. How many hrs Stopover in London? My flight had a one hr stopover at Rome to refuel technically I have been to Rome right? Smiles. Wish you and others journey mercies bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
TRV_IJN: 2hrs 25mins stop over in London.... smiley you are right bro, technically you have been to Rome.... i was in Milan during Easter 2012 but i never go Adis Ababa smiley
2hrs is enough 4 my friends in UK to throw a small bash 4 me.
Cdhc, wia is my trv?
Sept n aug applicants, any update?
I feel dec and Jan applicants shld compile their names d way other ppl did.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
Feeling sorry for my NL guys wey dey Manitoba .... windchill -37c ...sorry guys...no wonder we no see una comments...fingers don freeze finish ... drink enough ogogoro guys... grin ....dont cry if u miss ur bus ooo...cos the tears fit freeze, glue ur eyes... grin grin grin ...my bad...I cant but joke...grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Waleabimbola(m): 6:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Please does Canada embassy stamp your passport when tourist visa is denied sir/ma?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pj5(f): 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hello everyone. I need advice on what to do regarding my visitor's application. I was accepted into a short term study program last year commencing late march this year. I got full scholarship covering travel, stipend, accommodation etc. I applied for visa on the 31st of December and it arrived the embassy on the 2nd of January and I'm yet to hear anything from the embassy. I just got an email from the program coordinator now saying there will be deadlines for obtaining visas as they still have a wait list and that they will be contacting me soon with the deadline, meaning if i don't get my visa by that day i will be deemed to have forfeited being part of the program. I am afraid CDHC may not have reached a decision then because i was told they will be giving other wait list applicants period to obtain their visas to. What should I do? Should I start considering emailing or visiting CDHC? Thank you all in advance smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2013
@pj5....Sis...ur application is still pregnant, yet to deliver...like u said it got there Jan 2.... I may be wrong, but ur application is still filled up...no action yet...CDHC still get boat load of applications they are dealing with from last year....I doubt if they have even opened any 2013 application....but u know wat...start to dey pray wella...u never know...a rep might pick ur application up thinking its 2012 and realised it after the fact that its 2013...and may just decide to give u visa....na that one we dey call divine intervention....but outside that...nna...na long thing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
@All you may want to know that an existing EU law demands that all EU airlines provide passengers whose flights are cancelled, accommodation and feeding etc for the duration of the delay. Eg it's been snowing crazily all day in the UK especially in London and flights have been cancelled consequently. What this means is that for example all passengers flying an EU airline need not worry about Hotel or feeding...EU law demands the airlines provide this...this law doesn't necessarily exist for other continental airlines. I remembered this from Richard Quest sometime last year... This may be a factor you wanna consider as your flight may transit in any city that may be experiencing heavy snow storm or worse at the time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ulo123: 10:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hi all,
Yesterday, I got a call from cdhc inviting me to come to their office (embassy) first thing today to pick up my medical forms.
I was there today, picked up the medical forms and successfully completed my medicals.

I submitted my application October 8th...got to cdhc on the 9th.

God is good!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
ulo123: Hi all,
Yesterday, I got a call from cdhc inviting me to come to their office (embassy) first thing today to pick up my medical forms.
I was there today, picked up the medical forms and successfully completed my medicals.

I submitted my application October 8th...got to cdhc on the 9th.

God is good!
Congrats dear. A call? Did u submit direct to cdhc or thru vac??
If thru Vac, did ur status on d portal change? Any mail on ur e-mail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
Siga: Feeling sorry for my NL guys wey dey Manitoba .... windchill -37c ...sorry guys...no wonder we no see una comments...fingers don freeze finish ... drink enough ogogoro guys... grin ....dont cry if u miss ur bus ooo...cos the tears fit freeze, glue ur eyes... grin grin grin ...my bad...I cant but joke...grin grin grin

In such situations, do students still attend lectures?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 10:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
[quote author=mercylicious]

I wonder ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
mercylicious:

...By his grace, they have to be in class....heaven dey fall? ... its only when its extreme that they may halt classes...one year it got to -52c...so, business and schools were closed....or if there is a snow storm....those are the conditions..... u go dress warm ni...thats why alot of those natives and whites drinkin alot of shepe and paraga.... lol grin ....and ladies stay close to their men or go find man... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ulo123: 10:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
Thanks Mercy,
Yes a phone call. I submitted thru VAC...wonder why it wasnt sent thru them too.
I am even more confused where to return the document to...to cdhc directly or vac. I guess i'll mail them to confirm.
My status hasnt changed on the portal either.

I don't think it would be a bad idea if u visit cdhc to find out whats happening to yours...cause its quite clear that they are currently processing october applications...my thoughts. However your patience would be rewarded soonest! IJN

mercylicious:
Congrats dear. A call? Did u submit direct to cdhc or thru vac??
If thru Vac, did ur status on d portal change? Any mail on ur e-mail?

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.