Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,447 members, 7,978,424 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:10 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (524444 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 11:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
ulo123: Hi all,
Yesterday, I got a call from cdhc inviting me to come to their office (embassy) first thing today to pick up my medical forms.
I was there today, picked up the medical forms and successfully completed my medicals.

I submitted my application October 8th...got to cdhc on the 9th.

God is good!

Yes He always is o! Congratulations ulo123, i rejoice with you my bro!!!!

Are you for January 2013 start date?
What conditions were you asked to fulfill-Tuition payment,boarding payments, new start date?
Are you going for UG or PG?
Who is your sponsor/are you self sponsored?
what was your a/c bal like (in the neighborhood of how much)?

Plenty questions se?.....lol.... sowwy and tnx for answering.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ulo123: 11:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
Thank you!
Im a female ooo! smiley
Yeah, Im for Jan 2013.
The only condition I was given was to get a new start date.
Got full scholarship...a PhD program

Invincible1:

Yes He is o! Congratulations ulo123, i rejoice with you my bro!!!!

What conditions were you asked to fulfill-Tuition payment,boarding payments, new start date?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 11:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
ulo123: Thank you!
Im a female ooo! smiley
Yeah, Im for Jan 2013.

Oops!!! my bad, sorry ma and Tnx for responding. Congratulations once more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 11:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
Could u please list the documents u submitted to vac, what was ur acct bal, are u self sponsored? My understanding is that too much documents causes delay. Just my tot.

ulo123: Thank you!
Im a female ooo! smiley
Yeah, Im for Jan 2013.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sewuun(m): 12:10am On Jan 19, 2013
please can i get the names of any very cheap university or polytechnic in canada that does not have a limit pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ulo123: 12:18am On Jan 19, 2013
Documents submitted
Applications form
Family information
Questionnaire
Family members birth certs
Transcripts
certificates
Proof of employment
Personal bank statement
Acceptance letter stating full scholarship

...that is basically all

efosa12345: Could u please list the documents u submitted to vac, what was ur acct bal, are u self sponsored? My understanding is that too much documents causes delay. Just my tot.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adonai36: 12:30am On Jan 19, 2013
Hello Gurus in the house, please I havee couples of questions to ask;
1. I want to apply for a canadian student visa together with my spouse as a dependant from their embassy in the UK, how long does it take, and do I stand a chance, considering I am applying together with my spouse?
2. I intend using my Nigeria bank account with a balance of N4.5M and a UK account balance of £12000. Is it tenable, considering I am applying from the UK, and I am using a Nigerian account? And is it neccessary that there should be transaction in the account or they interested in the closing balance?
3. Is it the embassy that do asked students to pay school fees after submission or the school? In other words, am I required to pay part of the school fees before applying?

Prof Siga, Fhemmy, mercillous and other gurus, please kindly help to do justices to my questions.

Shalom
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by djay1: 1:16am On Jan 19, 2013
I have always followed this tread so far you guys have been impressive , educative and very cordiinated . Thanks a mill wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Dehonourable: 3:23am On Jan 19, 2013
Hi house, pls is anyone in UBC, Vacouver? I learntd d schl gives sm stipend automatic to all graduates students out of the Tuition fees per annum and dat wuld covers living xpenses. because am planning to apply for Msc Chemical engineering. Pls, how competitive is their admission And hw much is accomodatn either one room selfcon or shared?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:24am On Jan 19, 2013
ulo123: Documents submitted
Applications form
Family information
Questionnaire
Family members birth certs
Transcripts
certificates
Proof of employment
Personal bank statement
Acceptance letter stating full scholarship

...that is basically all

Okay.Are they all original documents? My baby bro is applying soon against this Fall.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wemi85: 6:27am On Jan 19, 2013
Hi all. Please does anyone know anything about Vancouver. I am in Toronto at the moment rounding up a programme soon. And i want to extend my study permit to do a post graduate diploma for a year in Vancouver Island University. Are there opportunities for part time jobs there because i plan to pay my way through school for that one year. So i need expert opinion here. Uncle Siga and my nairaland people i need your input oh... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 19, 2013
wemi85: Hi all. Please does anyone know anything about Vancouver. I am in Toronto at the moment rounding up a programme soon. And i want to extend my study permit to do a post graduate diploma for a year in Vancouver Island University. Are there opportunities for part time jobs there because i plan to pay my way through school for that one year. So i need expert opinion here. Uncle Siga and my nairaland people i need your input oh... Thanks

You're in Canada already and with these?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 6:29am On Jan 19, 2013
TRV_IJN: 2hrs 25mins stop over in London.... smiley you are right bro, technically you have been to Rome.... i was in Milan during Easter 2012 but i never go Adis Ababa smiley

Yay! Don't my @Dr Siga. I was on Roam for a whole 1hr. It's possible you spend a week in a country and wear sucks all through that doesn't mean you hadn't been there lol if na so o never been to Canada self cos na so so winter suck and gloves since I came here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 6:47am On Jan 19, 2013
Invincible1:

Yes He always is o! Congratulations ulo123, i rejoice with you my bro!!!!

congrats...House help me thank God as well,i got an email from cdhc labelled medical instructions,it was a form with my name on it, a barcode and spaces for passport photographs,i submitted on october 11th and got this email yesterday ,my status has not updated on the vfs website,so i do not have my passport,what do i do?should i use my drivers license to go for the medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by MissAhoy: 7:12am On Jan 19, 2013
@mosquitoaway, check VFS website they will definitely update on Monday, try and go later in the day to pickup from VFS, as it takes a while for the package to get there!. You can go to the clinic with the forms to get the bankslip and make payment on Monday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 7:33am On Jan 19, 2013
MissAhoy: @mosquitoaway, check VFS website they will definitely update on Monday, try and go later in the day to pickup from VFS, as it takes a while for the package to get there!. You can go to the clinic with the forms to get the bankslip and make payment on Monday.
i called the clinic and they said i should bring my passport data page and come and do the medicals,so i cant pay the medical fees in cash at the clinic?pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 8:03am On Jan 19, 2013
mosquitoway: i called the clinic and they said i should bring my passport data page and come and do the medicals,so i cant pay the medical fees in cash at the clinic?pls help
please if i have not gotten my passport from vfs and i print out the email sent to me by cdhc to go for my medicals,would this be a problem?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 8:05am On Jan 19, 2013
List of Applicants through with Medicals, awaiting TRV

@Kayce 43 January 7th, Asaju, Lagos
@Kenniy
@missAhoy
@Kemdee
@mosquitoway
@seedgie's friend January 9th
@ulo123

I included everyone's name, including dose that were jst called, guyz jst give me the dates u did ur medicals, lemme add dem, also if ur awaiting TRV, lemme know, will include ur name.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 8:09am On Jan 19, 2013
mosquitoway:

congrats...House help me thank God as well,i got an email from cdhc labelled medical instructions,it was a form with my name on it, a barcode and spaces for passport photographs,i submitted on october 11th and got this email yesterday ,my status has not updated on the vfs website,so i do not have my passport,what do i do?should i use my drivers license to go for the medicals?
Did mine with my driver's license and medical instructions, my passport came later but I believe u can use ur driver's license, if ur passport doesn't get to you on time, also u cld wait 4 it if u aint in a hurry to do it, cus wat u need d passport 4 is majorly to identify urself datz all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 8:11am On Jan 19, 2013
kayce43: List of Applicants through with Medicals, awaiting TRV

@Kenniy
@missAhoj
@Kemdee
@mosquitoway
@ulo123

I included everyone's name, including dose that were jst called, guyz jst give me the dates u did ur medicals, lemme add dem, also if ur awaiting TRV, lemme know, will include ur name.
@kayce43, pls help..i want to go to the asaju clinic this morning with my id ,and get the medicals done,can i pay cash and what would i need boss?i also want to ask if i havent gotten my passport from vfs ,would this be a problem?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Burningflamz: 8:19am On Jan 19, 2013
Congrats,
There's a zenith bank not too far from children's practice,raymond njoki,ikoyi where you would pay.If they would accept a photocopy of your data page,then go very early in the morning to do the medicals.
mosquitoway: i called the clinic and they said i should bring my passport data page and come and do the medicals,so i cant pay the medical fees in cash at the clinic?pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 8:28am On Jan 19, 2013
mosquitoway:
@kayce43, pls help..i want to go to the asaju clinic this morning with my id ,and get the medicals done,can i pay cash and what would i need boss?i also want to ask if i havent gotten my passport from vfs ,would this be a problem?
Ok, in my own case, I was sent an e-mail on d 19th Dec to do medicalz only for me to receive d instructions on d 7th of january still with no passport, so I had to tell dem @ d clinic dat d embassy dint send my passport but I wld use my driver's license, they agreed, I used an agency, so my medical fees were included in d fee already but wen I was thr I hrd dem giving them bank details to go pay, so if u want to go today, u wld jst be trying ur luck to see if they accept cash, my opinion is if ur not in a hurry, I tink u shld jst chill till monday, also to see if ur passport will be sent but u have to let the embassy knw about the e-mail, so they'll send ur passport to vfs asap.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 19, 2013
@mosquitoway, congrats.
Wen did u submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 8:51am On Jan 19, 2013
mercylicious: @mosquitoway, congrats.
Wen did u submit?
oct 11 he said
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 8:54am On Jan 19, 2013
Prof Siga.. abeg.. bin send u one email.. thanks as always smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 9:01am On Jan 19, 2013
kayce43:
Ok, in my own case, I was sent an e-mail on d 19th Dec to do medicalz only for me to receive d instructions on d 7th of january still with no passport, so I had to tell dem @ d clinic dat d embassy dint send my passport but I wld use my driver's license, they agreed, I used an agency, so my medical fees were included in d fee already but wen I was thr I hrd dem giving them bank details to go pay, so if u want to go today, u wld jst be trying ur luck to see if they accept cash, my opinion is if ur not in a hurry, I tink u shld jst chill till monday, also to see if ur passport will be sent but u have to let the embassy knw about the e-mail, so they'll send ur passport to vfs asap.
thanks a lot..im on my way there,arghhhh im in a hurry ooo...lol..i dont mind goin to the clinic to attempt not like i had anything doin neway..this is all i have been waiting for..thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ulo123: 9:07am On Jan 19, 2013
yes, all original

ferdimako:
Okay.Are they all original documents? My baby bro is applying soon against this Fall.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ulo123: 9:12am On Jan 19, 2013
18th Jan
kayce43: List of Applicants through with Medicals, awaiting TRV

@Kenniy
@missAhoy
@Kemdee
@mosquitoway
@ulo123

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ulo123: 9:21am On Jan 19, 2013
Congrats...
For mine, I got the email and a phone call same day requesting me to come to cdhc for my medical forms...there i was also given my passport.

mosquitoway:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 9:28am On Jan 19, 2013
ulo123: 18th Jan
Gr8, got it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 9:29am On Jan 19, 2013
mosquitoway: thanks a lot..im on my way there,arghhhh im in a hurry ooo...lol..i dont mind goin to the clinic to attempt not like i had anything doin neway..this is all i have been waiting for..thanks
Hehehehe...nuffin do u @ all, I knw d feeling
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 19, 2013
ulo123: yes, all original

Thanks...whao!Siblings' original birth certs. Pls wld he need to include biodata pages of our passports?

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.