Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,184 members, 7,974,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:02 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (523880 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 9:16am On Jan 20, 2013
sleekydot: Hello peeps, pls i'll like to know if international students in canada can work outside campus, and how many hours are allowed?. Thanks.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
you sef wan dey hide for inside church abi?

wetin concern schooling with working ( at least for the first 6 months)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Paschal137(m): 9:20am On Jan 20, 2013
Yea,international students can work off campus if they have an off campus work permit.They are only allowed to work 20 hours a week during school period, or full time during school breaks like summer and xmas break.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2013
earthgreeners: @newacca, I need your email addy cos I want you to help me proof read some of my letters, I also need a sample of your letter of consent as reference...
earthgreeners@gmail.com

maplelandnewacca@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sleekydot: 12:22pm On Jan 20, 2013
Paschal137: Yea,international students can work off campus if they have an off campus work permit.They are only allowed to work 20 hours a week during school period, or full time during school breaks like summer and xmas break.
thanks, the only reason i asked the question was that, I thought they av similar rules with US. How can student get work permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sleekydot: 12:25pm On Jan 20, 2013
uchechuwku:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
you sef wan dey hide for inside church abi?

wetin concern schooling with working ( at least for the first 6 months)
Na where u see me mention church? And ur 2nd question?? Are u for real?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:51pm On Jan 20, 2013
sleekydot: Na where u see me mention church? And ur 2nd question?? Are u for real?

You are a learner if u havent heard the story of the 2 Female Nigerian students of University of Regina that resorted to hiding in a Church after violating the off campus work rules....

Be careful oo, u better carry enough money when u dey go Canada cos Canada no be Malaysia wey u fit sell ur Kidney ooo....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 1:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
kayce43: Updated List of Applicants through with Medicals, awaiting TRV

@Kayce 43 January 7th, Asaju, Lagos
@seedgie's friend January 9th
@missAhoy January 9th, Ikoyi clinic
@Kenniy. Date? Ikoyi clinic
@Kemdee January 17th Asaju, Lagos
@ulo123 January
18th
@mosquitoway January 19th, Asaju, lagos

same date and venue as pretty MissAhoy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
Paschal137: Yea,international students can work off campus if they have an off campus work permit.They are only allowed to work 20 hours a week during school period, or full time during school breaks like summer and xmas break.

Paschal, long time. Nice seeing u popped in.
After d 2 naija babes case, I heard Canada was abt to make a law dt gives int students right to work off campus witout having to apply for work permit.
How far wit d law? Has it been passed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
kenniy:

same date and venue as pretty MissAhoy
Got it , gr8, will add it up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
kayce43:
Got it , gr8, will add it up.
but wait.. think should be jan 8 for both of us
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
mercylicious:

Paschal, long time. Nice seeing u popped in.
After d 2 naija babes case, I heard Canada was abt to make a law dt gives int students right to work off campus witout having to apply for work permit.
How far wit d law? Has it been passed?
...Where u hear that one Angel?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
kenniy:
but wait.. think should be jan 8 for both of us
ok, will correct it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sleekydot: 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
earthgreeners:

You are a learner if u havent heard the story of the 2 Female Nigerian students of University of Regina that resorted to hiding in a Church after violating the off campus work rules....

Be careful oo, u better carry enough money when u dey go Canada cos Canada no be Malaysia wey u fit sell ur Kidney ooo....
o boi nawa o. . . I only asked a question, u just dey para. Person wey sabi the question don answer sef.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
Siga: ...Where u hear that one Angel?
On nairaland. Sumone opened a thread on it and even gave d link. It was put in d travel section.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonwis(m): 7:07pm On Jan 20, 2013
mercylicious:
On nairaland. Sumone opened a thread on it and even gave d link. It was put in d travel section.

.......Under the proposed amendments, CIC would work with provinces and territories – which are constitutionally responsible for education – to develop a framework to designate educational institutions that will be permitted to host international students. If a school is not designated, it would be able to continue offering programs of six months or less to foreign nationals in Canada on regular visitor visas. Visitors who wish to enroll in short-term courses do not currently require a study permit, and this would continue to be the case.

Eligible international students attending designated institutions would also be able to work part-time off-campus, without having to apply for a separate work permit. This new flexibility would contribute to Canada’s appeal in attracting the best and brightest students from around the globe.

Furthermore, to help eliminate abuse of student visas, changes are being made to ensure that the primary intent of an international student in Canada is to study. Currently, foreign nationals are able to apply to any Canadian school or business offering training in Canada and need only demonstrate an intent to study – there is currently no requirement for them to actually pursue studies once in Canada and no way of tracking whether they do. These changes would provide CIC the authority to request evidence from study permit holders to verify their compliance with study permit conditions. International students would be removed from Canada if they fail to meet new requirements.

The proposed changes respond to findings from a 2011 evaluation of the International Student Program, which concluded that gaps in the program leave it open to abuse and fraud. Similar reforms have already been implemented by Canada’s key competitor countries for international students. These changes will strengthen Canada's position as a leader in international education.

“By improving the International Student Program, we are strengthening Canada’s reputation as a destination of choice for international students,” said Minister Kenney. “In addition to the economic impact, international student graduates are a great source of potential permanent immigrants. For those who choose to stay in Canada, their Canadian education and their language skills are important factors for success.”.....

Source:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-28.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
Thank u my broda.

When will d amendment be done? Will they propose this forever?

Australia don start am tey tey.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
If anything....they might push this through fast cos this will attract more international students and in turn, government go make more money through taxes....might not be this year sha...we go see...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
mercylicious: Thank u my broda.

When will d amendment be done? Will they propose this forever?

Australia don start am tey tey.

This might start same time as the 10 days processing time stuff, I think.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
Siga: If anything....they might push this through fast cos this will attract more international students and in turn, government go make more money through taxes....might not be this year sha...we go see...

@Siga abeg I been ask question earlier, any info on the City of Victoria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2013
mozo:

@Siga abeg I been ask question earlier, any info on the City of Victoria
Sorry my Oga...the thread is becoming clumsy and too long, so man go dey miss enough thingz...my bro, I dont know anything about Victoria...but that its a beautiful place and expensive.... i may ask around...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Siga: Sorry my Oga...the thread is becoming clumsy and too long, so man go dey miss enough thingz...my bro, I dont know anything about Victoria...but that its a beautiful place and expensive.... i may ask around...

Thanks bros, you know say na there I wan pitch my tent,so I no mind any info at all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
out of general curiosity, what's it like in ottawa? cost/standard of living.. job prospects..other ish.. lol cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Emblem(m): 12:37am On Jan 21, 2013
Pls can anyone gimme info on Prince Edward Island? I'm considering Holland college for sept... Egbon Siga. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cessna150(m): 10:23am On Jan 21, 2013
kayce43:
Amen n Amen, tanks and so shall u be called too and we will celebrate together by Gods grace.

Don't worry, they gonna call you soon IJN,just keep praying.

Sky is my office
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lalla89: 10:37am On Jan 21, 2013
Any 1 with similar problem with me ,i aplied since september 19th 2012 but up to now my status didnt change ,my docx is stil procesing at embasy for morethan 4 months. Can any 1 tel me why cdhc are delayng in procesing documents and why is 2 long like that.tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
lalla89: Any 1 with similar problem with me ,i aplied since september 19th 2012 but up to now my status didnt change ,my docx is stil procesing at embasy for morethan 4 months. Can any 1 tel me why cdhc are delayng in procesing documents and why is 2 long like that.tnx

You are not the only one, if you read the last 5pages of the thread you will observe that there is a list of Aug and Sept applicants yet to be called by CDHC. However, visiting CDHC in person gives a clearer picture of what is going on with your application. Some tried it and it worked thou they are yet to call them. Hope this helps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
Emblem: Pls can anyone gimme info on Prince Edward Island? I'm considering Holland college for sept... Egbon Siga. grin
...PWI na long thing bro...Infact, I never heard of any Naija there at all....but I am 100% sure my people go dey there...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
@all,i want to ask a simple question...is it possible for one to get medical call up via his email without his vfs portal updated? Probably due to delays...all the gurus in the house,pls help out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
lucky Don: @all,i want to ask a simple question...is it possible for one to get medical call up via his email without his vfs portal updated? Probably due to delays...all the gurus in the house,pls help out

Oga lucky, you've not been following the thread for some days now if not you would have noticed that it has been occurring again and again. CDHC sends the mail when they approve while vfs changes your status when CDHC informs them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 1:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
Do Aug and Sept applicants still track at all cos me no dey track again ooo. Just waiting for the mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
adexcube:

Oga lucky, you've not been following the thread for some days now if not you would have noticed that it has been occurring again and again. CDHC sends the mail when they approve while vfs changes your status when CDHC informs them.
@ adexcube...i went to vfs today and they still do not have my passport,they told me it isnt compulsory your passprt comes back until trv is issued after medicals ,if cdhc doesnt have other requirements.I just wanted to know if this is true as it seems everyone else had contact with their passport after being called for medicals?pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
mosquitoway: @ adexcube...i went to vfs today and they still do not have my passport,they told me it isnt compulsory your passprt comes back until trv is issued after medicals ,if cdhc doesnt have other requirements.I just wanted to know if this is true as it seems everyone else had contact with their passport after being called for medicals?pls help

Since you've done your medicals and no other condition then you are good to go. Just keep praying for God's favour. Not over until its over.

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.