Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,857 members, 7,945,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (521220 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 11:49am On Jan 23, 2013
grin. Am a prospective student of Lambton college, you can only apply via their representative here in Nigeria, if you wish to do that I suggest u visit Maple education.

coldgate: @earthgreeners: Hi, Pls. do you know if Lambton College take application fees? I want to apply for the Human Resources PG program but can't find this info on their site. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 11:59am On Jan 23, 2013
Goldie20: Oga Siga, And Others, ''Funds available for my stay". ''Again'' does this refer to the entire course or just for one year.. ?

Thank You..

1year tuition+accommodation+living expenses+airfare+ little change

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by terryhill: 12:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
ples brothers, i want to apply for student visa in canada university, ples how do i go about it,, ples brothers update me. thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by coldgate(f): 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
@Efosa12345: Thank You.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
terryhill: ples brothers, i want to apply for student visa in canada university, ples how do i go about it,, ples brothers update me. thanks.
do u mean u want to apply for a university in canada or u want to apply for study visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
Dehonourable: @ all pls A frnd of mine had PGD in Chemical wit Upper credit & want to go for Msc in chemical engr. Hope there ar Chances of her securingg admission. Secondly, she is self sponsor frm her savings worth 3-3.5 million. Wuld d embassy grant her study vis? Or does she need to save more mon

He/She stands a good chance of getting admission if her final year undergraduate result together with the PGD result meets the school's requirement in CGPA equivalent. In this calculation, they would consider his/her final year result and the PGD result on the transcript. I.e last 60 credit or last 2 years result.
Suggestion : He/she should send an email to the admission office of the school and the graduate secretary of the department he/she intends to apply to. They are in better position to explain admission requirements

As for the 3.5Million issues, I think it depends on her Tuition fees, accomodation etc, her source of income, and the duration of studies....you can figure that out yourself.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
terryhill: ples brothers, i want to apply for student visa in canada university, ples how do i go about it,, ples brothers update me. thanks.

Bros you are confused, to understand what u want... kindly read from Part 1 - Part 3 of this thread ...It would take approximately 4days at the rate of 5hours/day....

In summary, you need to first gain admission into a University or College in Canada....use google to search for the list of Universities and colleges...
Some of these universities are;
University of Regina
University of Saskatchewan
University of Manitoba
University of Alberta
University of Waterloo
University of Toronto
University of Newbrunswick
Memorial University
University of Prince Edward Island
University of British Columbia
University of Western Ontario
Dalhousie University
Humber College
Lambton College
Seneca College
Newbrunswick Community college
Niagara College
etc......

After you gain admission into any of these universities / colleges, you then apply for a study permit (i.e Student Visa) at the Canadian Deputy High Commision (CDHC) in Lagos either through their Visa application centre (VAC) located in Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos...

You would submit some documents together with your admission letter, these document includes but not limited to;
Admission letter
Bank Statement (6months)
Academic documents (certificates and transcript)
Passport
Birth certificate
etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
newacca:

1year tuition+accommodation+living expenses+airfare+ little change

Thank you !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
@mosquitoway: The best thing i can suggest to you is that you try and pay the School fees and get the receipt online on time as instructed then back-it up with a letter stating you want to get a better Accommodation outside the School, you don't wanna stay in the Hostel, and give reasons like you want to see the place that will be suitable for you.

DON'T LEAVE A PENNY OUT OF THE SCHOOL PAYMENT FEE, AND MAKE SURE YOU PAY FULL PAYMENT AS INCLUDED IN YOUR ADMISSION LETTER. " I HAD THIS SAME ISSUE" THIS CANADIAN EMBASSY BADT'GAN"

All the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Dehonourable: 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
@ Heart greener, she had CGPA 2.32 undergraduate & dat d reason she did PGD in oda to rememdy dat & she had upper credit in PGD wit 3.8 CGPA. D source of her income is her Savings tuition fees is 11kusd for 2yrs Msc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
Dehonourable: @ Heart greener, she had CGPA 2.32 undergraduate & dat d reason she did PGD in oda to rememdy dat & she had upper credit in PGD wit 3.8 CGPA. D source of her income is her Savings tuition fees is 11kusd for 2yrs Msc.

In calculating her CGPA, they would only use the marks in her final year (1year) and the PGD (1year)...or only her PGD....thatz why I told you to contact the admission office of the school or the graduate secretary of the department......Besides, most universities would advise you to look for a potential supervisor, if she can get one its a plus.....

I know source of income is her savings, but what is she doing to have that kind of savings (employment status, salary, position and place of work)..except her source of income is steady, even while in Canada. I suggest he/she looks for a sponsor to compliment

@siga, mercylicious, xtus, TRV, Jokzoh , newacca, fhemmy , seedgie, lillawow,et all. what do you guys think about @Dehonourable's post?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
@earthgreeners....I cant say much as most of these questions are pure repetition of what we have discussed over and over again in this forum.....in terms of funds....CDHC would like to see minimum of 6 months bank statements...which means, they wanna see how money comes in and out monthly...plus the closing balances each month....plus u have to show where the money dey come from.....everyone knows this.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by khemthar: 4:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
Dear all,

Good day everyone. Been following this thread quietly and I have received plenty education from it!! God bless all the folks who have tried to help others out in any way.

I need some info please. I have an offer from uVictoria for MBA but I am a bit skeptical about really going there. I have heard Victoria is expensive (does anyone know, in what ways exactly is it expensive?) and I'm concerned it'll be boring- it doesn't appear there are many Nigerians there. Anyone with any info on this??

NB:: I have another offer from uRegina, also for MBA. But since I will be returning to work in Nigeria, I want a uni that's higher up on the world rankings. My employers here (it's a bank) are quite particular about the popularity and reputation of the school as well as its ranking.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2013

whteva u are applying for........ In ur best interest i would advise u go thru d part 1 to 3 of this thread and get all d info u need so as to know wht u doing and getting ur self into..

Wish u all d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dosunmumatilda: 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hello everyone pls does anyone knows or have news or detaıls as to when d 10 workıng days processıng tıme wıll start.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
khemthar: Dear all,

Good day everyone. Been following this thread quietly and I have received plenty education from it!! God bless all the folks who have tried to help others out in any way.

I need some info please. I have an offer from uVictoria for MBA but I am a bit skeptical about really going there. I have heard Victoria is expensive (does anyone know, in what ways exactly is it expensive?) and I'm concerned it'll be boring- it doesn't appear there are many Nigerians there. Anyone with any info on this??

NB:: I have another offer from uRegina, also for MBA. But since I will be returning to work in Nigeria, I want a uni that's higher up on the world rankings. My employers here (it's a bank) are quite particular about the popularity and reputation of the school as well as its ranking.
....Bro, the ranking is below :

Uni of Toronto
Uni of Western Ontario
York Uni
Uni of British Colombia
Uni of Alberta.

Those are the top 5....pick at will....competition plenty wella and pretty pricy....so, if ur employer is paying, I will pick the best ....lol .... free money no de tear pocket.....

As per Victoria...Una the place na we te re ego.... grin .... hope I said it right...I be Yoruba boy.... Naija boys no too dey....no one plan to spend all hin money for Canada.....as previous stated....BC na province for Asians...pretty much....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
My fellow Nairalanders wey dey Canada at the Mo..... please, please and 1million please....dress warm and stack up wella....only got out if necessary.....there are extreme cold alert every single province....so, please take care....I take God beg una ooo....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
Siga: My fellow Nairalanders wey dey Canada at the Mo..... please, please and 1million please....dress warm and stack up wella....only got out if necessary.....there are extreme cold alert every single province....so, please take care....I take God beg una ooo....

True that! Be sure to layer up y'all-- thermal underwear, sweaters, jackets, hats, scarves, gloves, ski masks, etc! Stay warm!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
earthgreeners:

Bros you are confused, to understand what u want... kindly read from Part 1 - Part 3 of this thread ...It would take approximately 4days at the rate of 5hours/day....

In summary, you need to first gain admission into a University or College in Canada....use google to search for the list of Universities and colleges...
Some of these universities are;
University of Regina
University of Saskatchewan
University of Manitoba
University of Alberta
University of Waterloo
University of Toronto
University of Newbrunswick
Memorial University
University of Prince Edward Island
University of British Columbia
University of Western Ontario
Dalhousie University
Humber College
Lambton College
Seneca College
Newbrunswick Community college
Niagara College
etc......

After you gain admission into any of these universities / colleges, you then apply for a study permit (i.e Student Visa) at the Canadian Deputy High Commision (CDHC) in Lagos either through their Visa application centre (VAC) located in Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos...

You would submit some documents together with your admission letter, these document includes but not limited to;
Admission letter
Bank Statement (6months)
Academic documents (certificates and transcript)
Passport
Birth certificate
etc
You have done the job for him!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
This is to help prospective students and also those looking to inspire dia faith, took me sometime but this a list of Nairalanders that have been successful in getting their TRV over the years, u can simply Google their names exactly how u see it and read their posts 4 inspiration or knowledge or watever purpose u wish , for example google; "slamdunk99 nairaland posts" and it will take u to where u can read all the posts the person ever posted on d "travelling to canada thread, u may learn one or two tins and how d TRV journey was 4 dem. Enjoy!

@Lyfe (successful)

@Slamdunk99 (successful)

@Lanreade (successful)

@Bancan ( successful visiting visa)

@Eo2002(Denied once and re-aplied using direct uncle #successful)

*Oluweri (successful self sponsor)

*De-humph ( successful asked to provide extra documents)

*Geotherm (succesful applicant with Wife and Kids frm Austria or Germany)

@pharmow(successful)

@Shavel ( successful used dad n dad's coy acct)

@spencer3705( successful using parents as sponsor)

@wealth 21sad successful) used uncle as sponsor

@Fflowers (succesful applicant, she listed documents she submitted)

Watch out for more!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:11pm On Jan 23, 2013
efosa12345: grin. Am a prospective student of Lambton college, you can only apply via their representative here in Nigeria, if you wish to do that I suggest u visit Maple education.

Are you saying that within Maple Education, you cant apply into Lambton College or am i misreading you ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
@epicwin (succesful, self and aunty sponsor wiv $70, 000) *has list of succesful applicants (sep 7 2011)

@Aiweha(successful) sponsored by law firm

@harrymann (successful used non relative as sponsor) *listed documents*

@Bashtee *successful* after 8months

@Charlie193( successful using brother in-law in the USA)

@Guddylover( successful tru maple)

@Paschal137 (succesful applicant)

@Lft: Successful sponsored by brother

@eldred d don (succesful using mum as sponsor)

@cori_corde (successful UG using parents)

@ TRV_IJN (successful self sponsor with a relation also)

@Jokzoh (successful)

@artmostfair (successful)

@idomaboi (successful)

@dealexad (successful)

Rili hope this list helps some pple out thr....This is all I got , as u read d thread more u'll discover a lotta other nairalanders that were succesful in dia application! God bless...Enjoy!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
^^^ Chairman, you try oh . . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 7:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
Fhemmmy: ^^^ Chairman, you try oh . . . .
Thanks boss smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
kayce43:
Thanks boss smiley

you over try sef.. more palm oil to ur elbow wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Are you saying that within Maple Education, you cant apply into Lambton College or am i misreading you ?

yes you cant apply directly to them without maple,i did send my documents to them they redirected me to maple that they are their representative in Nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
surecan:

yes you cant apply directly to them without maple,i did send my documents to them they redirected me to maple that they are their representative in Nigeria
...Im guessing they have a deal with Maple that restrict them from corresponding with Nigerian applicants directly....nice deal by Maple.... Baba monopoly...lol grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
Siga: ...Im guessing they have a deal with Maple that restrict them from corresponding with Nigerian applicants directly....nice deal by Maple.... Baba monopoly...lol grin

Chairman, we have to do something about this oh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 8:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
kenniy:

you over try sef.. more palm oil to ur elbow wink
hahahahahaha, all of dem join
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Chairman, we have to do something about this oh
...Bro, there is pretty much nothin we can do....Schools are pretty much independent entities when it comes to recruitments and fund raising....they can choose whichever way they want to seek funds...... FYI, I will be having a phone convo with a rep at the Commerce Dept of the Canadian Embassy in Nigeria next month....already inked correspondence with her but she advised they have seminars in Lagos and Abuja this month and are very busy....so, she proposed next month....so, I go call her and see where we go from there....I gat few things planned...hope it works out.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 8:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
kayce43: This is to help prospective students and also those looking to inspire dia faith, took me sometime but this a list of Nairalanders that have been successful in getting their TRV over the years, u can simply Google their names exactly how u see it and read their posts 4 inspiration or knowledge or watever purpose u wish , for example google; "slamdunk99 nairaland posts" and it will take u to where u can read all the posts the person ever posted on d "travelling to canada thread, u may learn one or two tins and how d TRV journey was 4 dem. Enjoy!

@Lyfe (successful)

@Slamdunk99 (successful)

@Lanreade (successful)

@Bancan ( successful visiting visa)

@Eo2002(Denied once and re-aplied using direct uncle #successful)

*Oluweri (successful self sponsor)

*De-humph ( successful asked to provide extra documents)

*Geotherm (succesful applicant with Wife and Kids frm Austria or Germany)

@pharmow(successful)

@Shavel ( successful used dad n dad's coy acct)

@spencer3705( successful using parents as sponsor)

@wealth 21sad successful) used uncle as sponsor

@Fflowers (succesful applicant, she listed documents she submitted)

Watch out for more!!!
Good research work. Keep it up. How I wish nairaland will fund this ur research lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 8:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
Siga: ...Bro, there is pretty much nothin we can do....Schools are pretty much independent entities when it comes to recruitments and fund raising....they can choose whichever way they want to seek funds...... FYI, I will be having a phone convo with a rep at the Commerce Dept of the Canadian Embassy in Nigeria next month....already inked correspondence with her but she advised they have seminars in Lagos and Abuja this month and are very busy....so, she proposed next month....so, I go call her and see where we go from there....I gat few things planned...hope it works out.....

Kai, see how this man refused to understand me . . . . cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.