Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,151 members, 7,973,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 09:49 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (523863 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by terryhill: 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
yes bro, i want to apply for both..
either thru scholarship or citizenship
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
TRV_IJN: i wish all hopefuls God's grace and favour. Abeg make una no vex for this my post

kindly refer to http://www.beaware.gc.ca/english/brirape.shtml before answering my question below.

Please does this mean i can't carry some dried/fried meat/chicken from Nigeria. Also someone advised we come with our own peak milk (as per mostly 0% fat in Canadian milk. does this mean i can't? i planned on carrying these items as well
1.Garri (as advised by @ Siga)
2.Egusi, Ogbono, some dried vegetables (Ukazi and bitter leaf)
3.2 packets of Knor, 2 cartons of indomie, enough grounded dry pepper (normal and cameroonian)
4.Some spiced and fried local chicken and meat
5. dried fish. abeg evaluate my list

Bro...Peak Milk na equivalent of Cream for here....if u want 10% fat cream ...e d ey wella.... U can by Homo Milk here which is 3.25%..... there is Butter Milk as well....so, the notion that every milk is 0% ...na lie.....

As per Chicken...be very careful....there are some stuffs u cant bring too much oo...if u do and u no declare...if dem catch u....na $800 fine oo, plus u loose the stuffs join....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 5:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Siga, I got admission to Niagara college -PG today. I hope to get admission for same program at Humber next week. From a distance with the info at hand, I prefer Humber. Any advice? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
TRV_IJN: i wish all hopefuls God's grace and favour. Abeg make una no vex for this my post

kindly refer to http://www.beaware.gc.ca/english/brirape.shtml before answering my question below.

Please does this mean i can't carry some dried/fried meat/chicken from Nigeria. Also someone advised we come with our own peak milk (as per mostly 0% fat in Canadian milk. does this mean i can't? i planned on carrying these items as well
1.Garri (as advised by @ Siga)
2.Egusi, Ogbono, some dried vegetables (Ukazi and bitter leaf)
3.2 packets of Knor, 2 cartons of indomie, enough grounded dry pepper (normal and cameroonian)
4.Some spiced and fried local chicken and meat
5. dried fish. abeg evaluate my list

You might have to pay customs to help you destroy the stuff once they are done with their analysis . . . Be careful, some of these things are in Canada, expensive but available. . . Like Siga said, you dont declare, you will start paying even before you sleep a night in Canada, the govt need money for development so some from Nigeria wont be a bad idea . . . tongue
In one word, avoid wahala and delay and just come as you are and buy most in Toronto
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
adexcube: When my uncle told me to come over to the uk and apply for my canada trv from their embassy over there i told him its not necessary but now i know i took a very wrong decision of turning his offer down. AM TIRED OF CDHC. By next tuesday it will be 18weeks, for what now? Even visa to heaven sef no reach 5mins.

Patience is a always a great thing, so dont give up . . . applying from UK does not guarantee express service.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 5:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
adexcube:

By Gods grace we will all get our trv. When i get to Canada i will send a mail to CDHC that they are the most inefficient embassy ive ever seen. i go write article of my story send am to newspapers sef but make i get the trv first. grin

Why not write the article now with your name and application number on it and send it to all the newspaper in Canada and all over the internet too, why wait till later to do something you could do right now . . . Lol?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
mercylicious: I have refused to allow cdhc give me BP, lai lai.
See as dem dey do inyanga as if we dey beg dem to give us visa to heaven. Mtcheeeeeew!

Lol . . . Canada could be a mini-heaven oh . . . Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2013
galala123: @Siga, I got admission to Niagara college -PG today. I hope to get admission for same program at Humber next week. From a distance with the info at hand, I prefer Humber. Any advice? Thanks.
...Like I have said before....I be Humber Alumni ....but leaving that aside...Humber better pass am...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Siga,do u know of Mohawk college in Hamilton Ontario?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:05pm On Jan 25, 2013
lucky Don: @Siga,do u know of Mohawk college in Hamilton Ontario?
...just heard about it from one of the Nairaland guys last yr.....believe never knew there is a college with that name ...lol...that tells u how big the school is...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 6:17pm On Jan 25, 2013
Siga: ...just heard about it from one of the Nairaland guys last yr.....believe never knew there is a college with that name ...lol...that tells u how big the school is...lol
from my researches,i learnt that the school is very good in building and business programmes...what do u suggest?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
lucky Don: from my researches,i learnt that the school is very good in building and business programmes...what do u suggest?
....I honestly have zero knowledge of the school until last yr...so, I cant really say much about it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 6:26pm On Jan 25, 2013
Siga: ....I honestly have zero knowledge of the school until last yr...so, I cant really say much about it...
i knew of Humber college recently from this thread.and i have already applied for trv with MOHAWK.is it possible to change school after i have arrived Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
lucky Don: i knew of Humber college recently from this thread.and i have already applied for trv with MOHAWK.is it possible to change school after i have arrived Canada?
...Oh yes...u can change anytime bro...but u may need to apply for a refund on time from Mohawk to get full or part tuition back...but, since u said ur research shows Mohawk is a good school as well....I would suggest to go there...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
lucky Don: i knew of Humber college recently from this thread.and i have already applied for trv with MOHAWK.is it possible to change school after i have arrived Canada?

Yes, you can switch between schools after you arrive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 6:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
Siga: ...Oh yes...u can change anytime bro...but u may need to apply for a refund on time from Mohawk to get full or part tuition back...but, since u said ur research shows Mohawk is a good school as well....I would suggest to go there...

Bros what can u say abt georgian college
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
Siga: ...Like I have said before....I be Humber Alumni ....but leaving that aside...Humber better pass am...lol

Thanks Siga. There is a saying that "person wey dey ask questions no dey lost" & another that "na person wey dey under tree know how breeze dey shake the tree" and yet another that "wetin small picken no fit see even from tree top, elder fit see from on top his chair". Enough sayings for one day before I go turn to MKO.

Most grateful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
xtus:

Bros what can u say abt georgian college
...Well known....infact...I have a Diploma from there as well...got my Automotive Certification from there....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 6:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
Siga: ...Well known....infact...I have a Diploma from there as well...got my Automotive Certification from there....

Are there much nigerian student in dat sch
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 6:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
Siga: ...Well known....infact...I have a Diploma from there as well...got my Automotive Certification from there....

Bros abeg check your box
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
xtus:

Are there much nigerian student in dat sch
....Me no go the classes ooo....I just bought the book, read it and sat for exam....and I pass...lol...I just need the certificate to become a Car salesman...with that...I can go to dealer auctions to buy cars....so, not sure...but its not far from Toronto...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
mozo:

Bros abeg check your box
...replied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
Siga: ....Me no go the classes ooo....I just bought the book, read it and sat for exam....and I pass...lol...I just need the certificate to become a Car salesman...with that...I can go to dealer auctions to buy cars....so, not sure...but its not far from Toronto...

Bros, u na strong man!!!! Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
xtus:

Bros, u na strong man!!!! Lol
...Oboy...if i show u the number of certificate ur man get...fear go catch u....lol grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2013
Siga: ...Oboy...if i show u the number of certificate ur man get...fear go catch u....lol grin

Bros I just sent u an email.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 7:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
@TRV_IJN, you got mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 7:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Baba Siga,whats the employability of business management graduates in ontario?is it easy to get a job immediately after graduation?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:53pm On Jan 25, 2013
lucky Don: @Baba Siga,whats the employability of business management graduates in ontario?is it easy to get a job immediately after graduation?
...Ah bros...nothing is guaranteed...all na God, there are few jobs in business analysis that may interest u....but experience matters...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
@mercilicious I have been trying to mail supervisors in reginna but the emails are not going through always delivery error those emails that ends with @ureginna.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
bukahands: @mercilicious I have been trying to mail supervisors in reginna but the emails are not going through always delivery error those emails that ends with @ureginna.ca
...regina na one 'n'...na 2 n u put there....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
@baba siga,which school is gud in dis course wireless telecomunicatn btw humba college nd fleming college?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
lovesavvi: @baba siga,which school is gud in dis course wireless telecomunicatn btw humba college nd fleming college?
...Did PGD Wireless Telecomms at Humber...pretty good...

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.