Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,848 members, 7,945,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 02:29 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (521219 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Dextra(f): 6:20pm On Jan 24, 2013
What are the requirements for obtaining a Canadian Temporary Resident Visa from Nigeria? I have an invitation letter from a Regulatory Board addressed to the Embassy permitting me access into the country to take an exam. Anyone who has gone through this process should kindly tell me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:09pm On Jan 24, 2013
Minister Kenney Announces New Start-Up Visa, First of its Kind in the World

Toronto, January 24, 2013 — Canada will launch a brand new program on April 1 to recruit innovative immigrant entrepreneurs who will create new jobs and spur economic growth, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“Our new Start-Up Visa will help make Canada the destination of choice for the world’s best and brightest to launch their companies,” said Minister Kenney. “Recruiting dynamic entrepreneurs from around the world will help Canada remain competitive in the global economy.”

The Start-Up Visa Program will link immigrant entrepreneurs with private sector organizations in Canada that have experience working with start-ups and who can provide essential resources. The Program is part of a series of transformational changes to Canada’s immigration system that will make it faster, more flexible and focused on Canada’s economic needs.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-01-24.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by abnice2004: 7:43pm On Jan 24, 2013
Can someone pls explain d issue of this credit hour to me. Winnipeg says 2,248cd per credit hour and I don't undastand.tks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
abnice2004: Can someone pls explain d issue of this credit hour to me. Winnipeg says 2,248cd per credit hour and I don't undastand.tks

I'm guessing you're referring to the dollar cost of a university course. If so, then this might help: courses typically have credit hours attached to them, and you're required to take a certain number of credits in order to graduate. One course might be a 1 credit course, 3 credit course, 6 credit course, etc, depending on the university's course weighting convention. You'd then be charged a dollar fee per credit/per course, so that a 6 credit course would typically cost twice as much as a 3 credit course.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by STUNTS007: 8:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
For someone that has any part of his original document misspelt e.g birth certificate or University degree or even WAEC .What effect does it have on the application to the university and the Embassy?Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2013
STUNTS007: For someone that has any part of his original document misspelt e.g birth certificate or University degree or even WAEC .What effect does it have on the application to the university and the Embassy?Thanks.
....Going by the bad rep all those b4stards gave us good Nigerians....its a long thing...the University will not believe you nor the embassy...so, U might wanna involve a lawyer or fight hard to have it all corrected.... undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
I wish all d awaitee- trv and medicals gud news 2moro.

@august applicants, any update?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
STUNTS007: For someone that has any part of his original document misspelt e.g birth certificate or University degree or even WAEC .What effect does it have on the application to the university and the Embassy?Thanks.
Thats not a problem at all.It happened in my degree statement of result,just go to any high cout and swear ano affidavit.when applied for my addmission,i explained to the school and they understood.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by abnice2004: 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2013
ifegy:

I'm guessing you're referring to the dollar cost of a university course. If so, then this might help: courses typically have credit hours attached to them, and you're required to take a certain number of credits in order to graduate. One course might be a 1 credit course, 3 credit course, 6 credit course, etc, depending on the university's course weighting convention. You'd then be charged a dollar fee per credit/per course, so that a 6 credit course would typically cost twice as much as a 3 credit course.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by abnice2004: 9:41pm On Jan 24, 2013
Tanks bro. I just want to apply for undergrad and I need a school dat is not expensive. Will I also be asked to pay full tuition and accomodation? Pls I will appreciate response frm any1. Tks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
abnice2004: Tanks bro. I just want to apply for undergrad and I need a school dat is not expensive. Will I also be asked to pay full tuition and accomodation? Pls I will appreciate response frm any1. Tks
...based on the trend...its pretty much 1yr tuition and accommodation can be just a month or 2months....but u must show enough funds that would cover u thru ur program....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by abnice2004: 10:09pm On Jan 24, 2013
Tnks oga siga but I dnt undastand that just a month and two month dat u said. I wud also appreciate the names of schools dat are not expensive and how many days ultimatum wud be given to pay the money.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
abnice2004: Tnks oga siga but I dnt undastand that just a month and two month dat u said. I wud also appreciate the names of schools dat are not expensive and how many days ultimatum wud be given to pay the money.
1. 1 month rent or first month rent and last month's deposit
2. CDHC controls Tuition payment, so wait till they tell u to
3. Can someone plz help with list of schools....we have them on previous pages....if u can read through...u will find the list...besides...what is ur program of choice, that would help....

And lastly, how much do u think u can afford? Nothing u go see wey no go enter milla oooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by abnice2004: 10:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
Siga: ...
1. 1 month rent or first month rent and last month's deposit
2. CDHC controls Tuition payment, so wait till they tell u to
3. Can someone plz help with list of schools....we have them on previous pages....if u can read through...u will find the list...besides...what is ur program of choice, that would help....

And lastly, how much do u think u can afford? Nothing u go see wey no go enter milla oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by abnice2004: 10:23pm On Jan 24, 2013
Sociology. Not more than 10k(cd) tuition.can sum1 aslo work and pay for second year?am sori if am inquisitive.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 10:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
abnice2004: Sociology. Not more than 10k(cd) tuition.can sum1 aslo work and pay for second year?am sori if am inquisitive.

You can work after 6 months but it's very, very unlikely you will earn enough to cover all your expenses.

Take some time and go through the thread; there's a lot of useful info for people in your stage of the process.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
abnice2004: Sociology. Not more than 10k(cd) tuition.can sum1 aslo work and pay for second year?am sori if am inquisitive.
....Bro...check this link out...go thru each tab...answers to any questions u may have at this stage dey there

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by genep: 1:46am On Jan 25, 2013
lucky Don: can i have your email?i wana ask u something pls
gene.philips@ymail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by STUNTS007: 6:49am On Jan 25, 2013
Thanks a lot Mr Lucky don and Mr Siga.The advice is appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 10:03am On Jan 25, 2013
When my uncle told me to come over to the uk and apply for my canada trv from their embassy over there i told him its not necessary but now i know i took a very wrong decision of turning his offer down. AM TIRED OF CDHC. By next tuesday it will be 18weeks, for what now? Even visa to heaven sef no reach 5mins.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 10:32am On Jan 25, 2013
mosquitoway: thanks,im working on the school fees matter,in your own case did u end up paying the accomodation ?

I could'nt make up $48,000, so i had to withdraw my application, cos even if i have that cash, i no go go Canada oo.

all the best bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 25, 2013
adexcube: When my uncle told me to come over to the uk and apply for my canada trv from their embassy over there i told him its not necessary but now i know i took a very wrong decision of turning his offer down. AM TIRED OF CDHC. By next tuesday it will be 18weeks, for what now? Even visa to heaven sef no reach 5mins.

Hahahaha.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 11:00am On Jan 25, 2013
adexcube: When my uncle told me to come over to the uk and apply for my canada trv from their embassy over there i told him its not necessary but now i know i took a very wrong decision of turning his offer down. AM TIRED OF CDHC. By next tuesday it will be 18weeks, for what now? Even visa to heaven sef no reach 5mins.
My brother,dis CDHC de give person pressure oh.if say we don old,dis people fit cause us high blood pressure.lol.i dont even know their reasons for dis delay.but i have absolute faith that God pass them and God will surely give us our TRVs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 11:16am On Jan 25, 2013
What was your intending major then?...so you did not make any payment at all?
Olami1224:

I could'nt make up $48,000, so i had to withdraw my application, cos even if i have that cash, i no go go Canada oo.

all the best bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 11:17am On Jan 25, 2013
lucky Don: My brother,dis CDHC de give person pressure oh.if say we don old,dis people fit cause us high blood pressure.lol.i dont even know their reasons for dis delay.but i have absolute faith that God pass them and God will surely give us our TRVs.

By Gods grace we will all get our trv. When i get to Canada i will send a mail to CDHC that they are the most inefficient embassy ive ever seen. i go write article of my story send am to newspapers sef but make i get the trv first. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 11:20am On Jan 25, 2013
Olami1224:

all the best bro!

Were you intending to go to a flight school and who was the sponsor? You should have just paid the amount you were able to get and send it to them. Miracles still happen you know, if you believe.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by biggybanking: 11:51am On Jan 25, 2013
HI all,am new here but I hav followed from prt 1!please I need a name of a reliable school that I can apply τ̅☺ and follow up everytin on time before the next admission!I am prepared!if there is any agent that is effective, I don't mind using one.I cout on ur advices as soon as possible! Cheers guyz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 25, 2013
I have refused to allow cdhc give me BP, lai lai.
See as dem dey do inyanga as if we dey beg dem to give us visa to heaven. Mtcheeeeeew!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by biggybanking: 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
I can be reached on innocentoguche@yahoo.com or 08030842474
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
i wish all hopefuls God's grace and favour. Abeg make una no vex for this my post

kindly refer to http://www.beaware.gc.ca/english/brirape.shtml before answering my question below.

Please does this mean i can't carry some dried/fried meat/chicken from Nigeria. Also someone advised we come with our own peak milk (as per mostly 0% fat in Canadian milk. does this mean i can't? i planned on carrying these items as well
1.Garri (as advised by @ Siga)
2.Egusi, Ogbono, some dried vegetables (Ukazi and bitter leaf)
3.2 packets of Knor, 2 cartons of indomie, enough grounded dry pepper (normal and cameroonian)
4.Some spiced and fried local chicken and meat
5. dried fish. abeg evaluate my list
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
hello bro, if you truly read from part 1 why did you post this when you know no one will send you a mail or call you (unless you are open to being scammed)? most people here aren't at the age of being easily fooled. Scan the last few pages of this thread and locate earthgreeners he has enumerated what you need to do, but heads up for you, he will not do the searching and application for you.

Cheers
biggybanking: I can be reached on innocentoguche@yahoo.com or 08030842474
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mercy the summary of the thing is you will get your visa in time for May start date....just channel your energy to your extra certifications... CDHC made me not put in my best during my professional exams in December don't let them do that to you too...it is well
mercylicious: I have refused to allow cdhc give me BP, lai lai.
See as dem dey do inyanga as if we dey beg dem to give us visa to heaven. Mtcheeeeeew!

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.