Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,172 members, 7,973,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:37 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (523871 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
earthgreeners: @siga
@newacca
@TRV IJN
@creamy...please check ur mail
...Siga checked, Siga replied...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Dehonourable: 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
@ Earth greener, pls do u hav idea if Mun, Uni Saska & uni brunswick exempt Test of english Lang for students 4rm Naij?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
Dehonourable: @ Earth greener, pls do u hav idea if Mun, Uni Saska & uni brunswick exempt Test of english Lang for students 4rm Naij?

yes they do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 5:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
hi guys..i got my passport back from cdhc today with my conditions to pay full fees and board and also get a new start date.my fees a re ridiculous to be paid once bbut God dey,what i was wondering is the board , the accomodation part i am meant to show for one year,is it possible i get someone in canada that owns a house to show a receipt that i paid for the year,cos rily cant pay the full accomodation now,and again does it have to be in the york region where my school is?i really dont know how i would prove the payment of the one year accomodation..any ideas in the house plsss?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
Dehonourable: @ Earth greener, pls do u hav idea if Mun, Uni Saska & uni brunswick exempt Test of english Lang for students 4rm Naij?

Yes, they exempt Nigerians from English language proficiency tests

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
mosquitoway: hi guys..i got my passport back from cdhc today with my conditions to pay full fees and board and also get a new start date.my fees a re ridiculous to be paid once bbut God dey,what i was wondering is the board , the accomodation part i am meant to show for one year,is it possible i get someone in canada that owns a house to show a receipt that i paid for the year,cos rily cant pay the full accomodation now,and again does it have to be in the york region where my school is?i really dont know how i would prove the payment of the one year accomodation..any ideas in the house plsss?
....If u can find anyone living pretty much in GTA to giv u a receipt, u should be fine....there are buses u can hop on to make it anywhere....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 6:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
earthgreeners:

Nice one, but the Original copy might take a little longer cos of the NIPOST strike........any word from CDHC?

@DonCipher and prolly anyone that it concern: if you can use the scanned copy..no problem, but if you absolutely need the original copy, and you know the school sends through regular snail mail, you might consider requesting a pickup through DHL or Fedex or any.. I did that when I needed to get another start date..(that was when I was hoping to meet Winter resumption).. I paid about 18k, but at least I got mail in 3 days from when i requested.. I only instructed the school not to send it, and I instructed DHL to pick up..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
Siga: ....If u can find anyone living pretty much in GTA to giv u a receipt, u should be fine....there are buses u can hop on to make it anywhere....

does it make more sense to go this route (finding receipt)? than say to indicate that he cant make payment for accommodation without been physically present..as was previously suggested for same issue..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
kenniy:

does it make more sense to go this route (finding receipt)? than say to indicate that he cant make payment for accommodation without been physically present..as u had previously suggested?
...both can be done....there are alot of people that dont know anyone here....so, u can go that route....also, go on the school site....most schools now have list of landlords...and u can get in touch with one....have him hold the place for u and use the correspondence ....then let CDHC know u wanna see the place before paying and that the landlord agreed....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 7:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
Siga: ...both can be done....there are alot of people that dont know anyone here....so, u can go that route....also, go on the school site....most schools now have list of landlords...and u can get in touch with one....have him hold the place for u and use the correspondence ....then let CDHC know u wanna see the place before paying and that the landlord agreed....
i'm thinking i should get someoone in d gta to get a receipt for me...a house owner or something..im on my magic jack calling everyone possible,thanks guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Siga: ...both can be done....there are alot of people that dont know anyone here....so, u can go that route....also, go on the school site....most schools now have list of landlords...and u can get in touch with one....have him hold the place for u and use the correspondence ....then let CDHC know u wanna see the place before paying and that the landlord agreed....

I remember when I call one landlord like that, the guy say na only female tenants im dey find.. Ashawo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
mosquitoway: hi guys..i got my passport back from cdhc today with my conditions to pay full fees and board and also get a new start date.my fees a re ridiculous to be paid once bbut God dey,what i was wondering is the board , the accomodation part i am meant to show for one year,is it possible i get someone in canada that owns a house to show a receipt that i paid for the year,cos rily cant pay the full accomodation now,and again does it have to be in the york region where my school is?i really dont know how i would prove the payment of the one year accomodation..any ideas in the house plsss?

Pls check out www.ca.roommates.com, don't know if it will be helpful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
mozo:

I remember when I call one landlord like that, the guy say na only female tenants im dey find.. Ashawo
...Not necessarily Ashawo....Male tenants can be wahala bro...boys dont clean, they are involved with gangs and drugs...they fight landlords cos they dont wanna pay...and here...u cant kick anyone out....u fail to pay, the landlord gives u letter to leave and if u refused, he has to take u to court which make take over 6months and u stay in the house rent free....so, the wahala is way too much....u see now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2013

This doesn't make any sense. How will they say you should pay full tuition for a flight training and they know how much that is involved. Make then give themselves brain oo cos my full tuition no dey ground now ooo. What about duration of time in which you must pay, did they state that at all? Talk to your school they should give you a document to cover the CDHC wahala for accommodation if they don't provide accommodation for their students. Goodluck bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
earthgreeners: @siga
@newacca
@TRV IJN
@creamy...please check ur mail
I responded. If it doesn't come inbox,then check ur spam. It's kinda bulky. as per the letters attached.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
newacca: I responded. If it doesn't come inbox,then check ur spam. It's kinda bulky. as per the letters attached.

Thanks Bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 11:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
Siga: ...Not necessarily Ashawo....Male tenants can be wahala bro...boys dont clean, they are involved with gangs and drugs...they fight landlords cos they dont wanna pay...and here...u cant kick anyone out....u fail to pay, the landlord gives u letter to leave and if u refused, he has to take u to court which make take over 6months and u stay in the house rent free....so, the wahala is way too much....u see now

Oh, now I see shocked , noted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
mozo:

Oh, now I see shocked , noted
....Make no one go try am ooo...cos, if u do and landlord call 5-0 (Police)....u don carry record be that....and i dont think anyone wants to start Canadian life with a Police record....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 6:35am On Jan 23, 2013
Oga Siga, And Others, ''Funds available for my stay". ''Again'' does this refer to the entire course or just for one year.. ?

Thank You..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 7:13am On Jan 23, 2013
Siga: ....u wey be fake man....u no call ontime when u land Toronto....I still dey fight u ...
cheesy Prof abeg, u know as e be now for 1st tym jjc...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 8:02am On Jan 23, 2013
Please guys, I need your help in obtaining my Canada study visa. I have gotten admission into a Canadian University and I am seeking help as per the various documents I'll need to submit to Canada embassy to ensure approval. Please help me out people.

Also through some write-ups here, I discovered there is need to convince them that U are coming back after studies. How do I go about this?

Please help me peeps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 8:05am On Jan 23, 2013
@debie,just take your time and go through this thread.u will see them there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 8:15am On Jan 23, 2013
adexcube:

This doesn't make any sense. How will they say you should pay full tuition for a flight training and they know how much that is involved. Make then give themselves brain oo cos my full tuition no dey ground now ooo. What about duration of time in which you must pay, did they state that at all? Talk to your school they should give you a document to cover the CDHC wahala for accommodation if they don't provide accommodation for their students. Goodluck bro.
brotherman i taya ooo...they said i should pay in 30days...i dont even have an idea on how i would pay that plus accomodation alomost $40k in 30days,i have called the school and i have asked them for help,i am waiting on what they would say today,thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 8:55am On Jan 23, 2013
mosquitoway: brotherman i taya ooo...they said i should pay in 30days...i dont even have an idea on how i would pay that plus accomodation alomost $40k in 30days,i have called the school and i have asked them for help,i am waiting on what they would say today,thanks bro

Your own fees self no reach mine, na $47k excluding accommodation. From what I had you can only send $10k in one week so you are still on track. Once the school gives you the necessary info you need you just move on. Na my own dey fear me now cos all the money not ready for now but I know God will solve the problem. Be fast bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lokzie: 9:10am On Jan 23, 2013
lokzie: I really think i should clarify this. i don't TOTALLY agree with Spencer and slamdunk, and i hope i am allowed to. i will do this in a civil way.

[b]Background: Invisible transfer: normal transfer any customer makes to any beneficiary without disclosing the full details of the transfer
Visible transfer: transfers for payment of invoiced goods and services - You can use a FORM A (for school fees) or form M (for payment of imports and all)

We are concerned with School fees so i will explain how and when we can use either of invisible or visible transfers for this but first, There is an existing CBN regulation that limits weekly international funds transfers to USD10,000 per individuals and states that any cash lodgement of >= USD10,000 can only be withdrawn by OTC (over the counter) transactions. ie. for a visible transfer, once i pay in USD10,000 CASH or more through ONE deposit slip, i cannot transfer that particular fund, i must withdraw it over the counter. ways around this is by breaking the payments into parts not exceeding USD9,999.99 each but please note even with this you can only transfer only a maximum of USD10,000/week.This means that if you must do it this way and you want to pay say USD15,000 then week 1 transfer USD10,000 and after that week you can do the next. Week in the case means Mon-Fri so you can transfer on firday like today and then on monday next week.

Form A (visible transfer) you need to fill out a form A @ your bank and provide the invoice/ bill the school gave you for your fees, if you are an undergrad, provide the bank with you O'levels, postgrad a copy of your undergrad- These are CBN policies and any bank that circumvents this would be penalized if CBN detects this.

My conclusions: CBN policy doesn't hinder anyone from paying school fees even if it is USD75,000 for Harvard MBA. Also, the weekly limit was relaxed recently but the Banks have to get approval from CBN for pre-listed customer's who require weekly transfers over USD10,000.

Note: if the lodgement into an account is an inflow (wire transfer) you can transfer any amount even with an Invisible transfer means.

Cheers
[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Dehonourable: 10:15am On Jan 23, 2013
@ Earth Greener, A frnd of mine had PGD in Chemical wit Upper credit & want to go for Msc in chemical engr. Hope there ar Chances of her securingg admission. Secondly, she is self sponsor frm her savings worth 3-3.5 million. Wuld d embassy grant her study vis? Or does she need to save more moni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Dehonourable: 10:28am On Jan 23, 2013
Pls, am stl waiting........need answer

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by coldgate(f): 10:48am On Jan 23, 2013
@earthgreeners: Hi, Pls. do you know if Lambton College take application fees? I want to apply for the Human Resources PG program but can't find this info on their site. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 10:55am On Jan 23, 2013
coldgate: @earthgreeners: Hi, Pls. do you know if Lambton College take application fees? I want to apply for the Human Resources PG program but can't find this info on their site. Thanks.

you cant apply directly from Nigeria,they have representative,definitely they will refer you to them,or better look for another college
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Dehonourable: 11:14am On Jan 23, 2013
@ Earth Greener, A frnd of mine had PGD in Chemical wit Upper credit & want to go for Msc in chemical engr. Hope there ar Chances of her securingg admission. Secondly, she is self sponsor frm her savings worth 3-3.5 million. Wuld d embassy grant her study vis? Or does she need to save more moni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Burningflamz: 11:25am On Jan 23, 2013
Lambton would refer you to Maple as only maple recruits international students from nigeria for them.
coldgate: @earthgreeners: Hi, Pls. do you know if Lambton College take application fees? I want to apply for the Human Resources PG program but can't find this info on their site. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Dehonourable: 11:45am On Jan 23, 2013
@ all pls
A frnd of mine had PGD in Chemical wit Upper credit & want to go for Msc in chemical engr. Hope there ar Chances of her securingg admission. Secondly, she is self sponsor frm her savings worth 3-3.5 million. Wuld d embassy grant her study vis? Or does she need to save more mon

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.