Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,286 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:56 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (515678 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2012
shavel: hope say u sabi drive?,,,if yes go get your international driver's permit to save u stress going thru driving lessons all over again in canada.just got mine today, i applied on monday it takes just 5days

Wats the process of getting it. Help me highlight them out bro . Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 11:29pm On Aug 17, 2012
kelly4top: WHO KNOWS ANY UNIVERSITY OR COLLEGE IN CANADA THAT ADMITS AND OFFERS ENGINEERING COURSES FOR THE WINTER/JANUARY START DATE OR MAY SESSIONS? PLEASE REPLY OS I WANT TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION. THANKS.

University of Toronto just opened their registration portal for the winter /january 2013 start date and it ends in october
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 17, 2012
pauloman:

Wats the process of getting it. Help me highlight them out bro . Thanks
the requirements are 2 passport photos and u must have a valid national driver's license and if u don't have then you must apply for the two(both national and international) i submitted the requirements to an agent, u can contact frsc for enquiries.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 12:01am On Aug 18, 2012
earthgreeners:

what do u want dem to do for u, we can as well be of help

1)I saw it on the school's website that prospective students are required to send 2 copies of academic transcripts.

I want to know if i can send one instead, cos am planning to send 2 transcripts from two different schools.

one for poly n one for uni
thats about 20k..2 copies= 40k

2) it was written that admission form should be sent to the graduate department and all other supporting documents should be sent to the program department. I want to know if i can send everything in one envelope through Mail or if i can scan and send them through email.

I need an advice from peeps dat as done it before.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:06am On Aug 18, 2012
dommakavelli: 1)I saw it on the school's website that prospective students are required to send 2 copies of academic transcripts.

I want to know if i can send one instead, cos am planning to send 2 transcripts from two different schools.

one for poly n one for uni
thats about 20k..2 copies= 40k

2) it was written that admission form should be sent to the graduate department and all other supporting documents should be sent to the program department. I want to know if i can send everything in one envelope through Mail or if i can scan and send them through email.

I need an advice from peeps dat as done it before.

1) send 2 copies of ur University Transcript, forget poly tinz

2) you are to send them via post (especially Transcript which is to be sent directly from ur school), some school allow u to send ur letter of intent and CV thru email...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:14am On Aug 18, 2012
kelly4top: WHO KNOWS ANY UNIVERSITY OR COLLEGE IN CANADA THAT ADMITS AND OFFERS ENGINEERING COURSES FOR THE WINTER/JANUARY START DATE OR MAY SESSIONS? PLEASE REPLY OS I WANT TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION. THANKS.

check Memorial University of Newfoundland or University of Manitoba, not sure though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:16am On Aug 18, 2012
austin dove: @earthgreeners thanks for the respond...i sent u am email though......try and respond to it ,meanwhile the colleges was St. Clair College Civil Engineering.......and the college...dalhousie.plz i need someone to put me trow......

plz resend ur email to oyegunle14@gmail.com, wld get back to u asap...sorry for d inconvenience
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:18am On Aug 18, 2012
Danesikemi: @earthgreneers,God bless u.tanks so much

Amin, and plz take good kia of ur daughter ooo cos she might end up being my wife......lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:21am On Aug 18, 2012
xtus: @ all, plz can I used τ̲̅ђe SOP I used in applying for admission to apply for ♍y trv?

you can use it with some modifications....Try include statements on ur finances during your studies and the prospects of ur course in Nigeria ( which wld make u return after d program) i.e ur future plan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:24am On Aug 18, 2012
Bakorede: i think d most outstanding personnel in 2day's interaction in d house is @Earthgreeners!Kudos 2u Man!keep it up,u are so wondaful 2day.@d rest member in d house let us b active and b helpful 2 others.GOD wil bless us all.AMEN!.you might think som1 else has been active 2day than @earthgreeners,no wahala,u are free 2xpress ur self.it's just a way 2 encourage us more and 2 b active on a daily bases!

Thanks for ur encouragement...u knw things works better when we walk 2gether......May God help us all.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:27am On Aug 18, 2012
Briony84: Wow Dallhousie seems to be a popular school...haven't seen ppleon dis thread talk about memorial university in newfound land

Tai, who no like cheap tin....
MUN is d most popular oooooo
Their application for Fall 2013 wld be opened early september...I called their graduate admission to confirm....start preparing ur Transcript and letter of appraisal, statement of interest etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:29am On Aug 18, 2012
shavel: man reach me on my number, Na d same day we dey move be dat.....I sent u my number some days ago check ur mail!

My broda from anoda Mama, abeg gimme ur number make I halla u before u leave area ooooo.....I hope to join u in Winnipeg someday.......bon Voyage
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 2:31am On Aug 18, 2012
shavel: hope say u sabi drive?,,,if yes go get your international driver's permit to save u stress going thru driving lessons all over again in canada.just got mine today, i applied on monday it takes just 5days

I will call you for †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ details.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:36am On Aug 18, 2012
geotherm: Please can some1 confirm that I am not the only person experiencing lack of status update with the Uni. Saskatchewan. All my documents and referee form has been sent and the secretary no longer returns my mail. Well I am still hopeful. Its 1month today.

true talk, they r quite slow in updating application stats..the grad sec. are just not it....what course are u going for and ur start date?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:38am On Aug 18, 2012
donnet: I will call you for †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ details.

donnet, u owe me some docx before u cut abeg send me ur email make I tell u wetin I need
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:41am On Aug 18, 2012
oyegunle14@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 3:18am On Aug 18, 2012
earthgreeners:

Their application for Fall 2013 wld be opened early september...I called their graduate admission to confirm....start preparing ur Transcript and letter of appraisal, statement of interest etc

Lmao. Good to know pple like cheap stuffs...they offer very good oil and gas engineering there cos a lot of the people I know there are taking the msc course there....Walachia everyone like cheap something jare.....I just discovered there is a huge bunch of Nigerians in Newfoundland mostly students tho apart from those with exxonmobil tho....yes am waiting for September and am preparing all my document.....@erthgreen ur really a friend and I hope to see you in Canada same day same time I leave cos come fall 2013, we will be going for our course....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 3:21am On Aug 18, 2012
earthgreeners:

Yes I called their graduate office too some 5weeks go and they told me tat the applications will be out erly September to be precise the twelveth according to Elizabeth noseworthy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by amby147: 4:37am On Aug 18, 2012
For those looking for admission into a Canadian University, try applying to University of Prince Edward Island Canada. I think they're offering admissions with less stress of compiling document. Just submit d relevant docs required and chill 4 2wks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:43am On Aug 18, 2012
Briony84: Lmao. Good to know pple like cheap stuffs...they offer very good oil and gas engineering there cos a lot of the people I know there are taking the msc course there....Walachia everyone like cheap something jare.....I just discovered there is a huge bunch of Nigerians in Newfoundland mostly students tho apart from those with exxonmobil tho....yes am waiting for September and am preparing all my document.....@erthgreen ur really a friend and I hope to see you in Canada same day same time I leave cos come fall 2013, we will be going for our course....

I say Big Amen to that, we shall surely fly on the same plane ...
*By the grace of the Almighty, the all knowing*..Have u written ur statement of interest and did ur department require u to search for a potential supervisor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 5:50am On Aug 18, 2012
earthgreeners:

I say Big Amen to that, we shall surely fly on the same plane ...
*By the grace of the Almighty, the all knowing*..Have u written ur statement of interest and did ur department require u to search for a potential supervisor?

I am gng in for masters of public health specializing in public health n population.....it's course based withb praticum of about three months in Canada there....don't need a potential superisor wink....yes I am writing my statement of interest , taking my time so that it will be will composed....meanwhile somebody said I o not need to write GRE examsr. How true Is this??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:11am On Aug 18, 2012
Briony84: I am gng in for masters of public health specializing in public health n population.....it's course based withb praticum of about three months in Canada there....don't need a potential superisor wink....yes I am writing my statement of interest , taking my time so that it will be will composed....meanwhile somebody said I o not need to write GRE examsr. How true Is this??

u dont need GRE ooooo, d person was right......
Lovely course, I guess u wanna b the WHO regional co ordinator someday....lol...........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 6:11am On Aug 18, 2012
@all pls do I need to write GRE or GMAT exams....cos I really can't find it as a requirement in MUN cos in the other school i wanted to get into in America.....it was an admission requirement. I really didn't check until about a few dys ago...I need answers ASAP before I waste my time and money
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 6:13am On Aug 18, 2012
earthgreeners:

Lovely course, I guess u wanna b the WHO regional co ordinator someday....lol...........

Sometime bigger...am following the footsteps of my dearest mum...she got to WHO but guess what I would surpas her by the grace of God...she is my mentor..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 6:14am On Aug 18, 2012
earthgreeners:

Tanks for the info...ur a blessing....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:44am On Aug 18, 2012
Briony84: Sometime bigger...am following the footsteps of my dearest mum...she got to WHO but guess what I would surpas her by the grace of God...she is my mentor..

God wld surely make u bigger.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 6:47am On Aug 18, 2012
earthgreeners:

God wld surely make u bigger.....

Amen....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 18, 2012
@ bashtee et al

please what are the basic things one needs to know about immigration and border checks both in nigeria and on arrival in canada. please kindly give details.

also please kindly confirm if one is asked to present cash, credit or debit card equivalence of CAD 10000.
THANKS....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:56am On Aug 18, 2012
I GOT THIS SCAM MESSAGE FROM MY MAIL BOX, THEY WENT THROUGH THE STRESS OF COMPILING OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES.
Guys, lets be more careful with our email.
Btw, lots of scam messages in my yahoomail. Anyways, it ain't my official email.

Meji Group, Inc. To: kodeblurr@yahoo.com, okereke84@yahoo.com, yinka_agape@yahoo.com, dadasawdick@yahoo.com,
steamhelp@yahoo.com, dadasawdick@yahoo.com,
oyegunle14@gmail.com, lillaowow@yahoo.com,
earthgreeners@gmail.com, floxybrown_4u@yahoo.com,
grandjury_5@yahoo.com
TRAVEL TO CANADA WITHOUT A VISA Thu, Aug 16, 2012 8:53 AM EDT View full HTML message
Hello, This is not a spam mail. I got your mail address after looking at some comments on Nairaland about travelling to Canada. Incidentally, I have a business partner of mine though he is a trader (importer/exporter) that buys commodities around the world, he also helps people travel via ship anytime is onshore to Canada for a certain fee. He is looking for a minimum of 500 and a maximum of 1000 people to indicate interest and make actual payment for the voyage before the ship journey down to Nigeria. The cost total is $5000 only, paid in 2 installments cash. No need for visa, your papers will be prepared for you when you get to Canada by him. If you are interested or you want to partner me in searching for clients, you can call me on 07033146262 Thank you Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 7:08am On Aug 18, 2012
lillaowow: I GOT THIS FROM MY MAIL BOX, THEY WENT THROUGH THE STRESS OF COMPILING OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES.
Guys, lets be more careful with out email.
Btw, lots of scam messages in my yahoomail. Anyways, it ain't my official email.

u wil ignor and discard it ni.abi wat do u wan na do?since u don't av and want 2 av any thing 2do with them.dis might 4rm all dis scammers.Give them money and u are trown in2 d Ocean...lolz!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:13am On Aug 18, 2012
Bakorede: u wil ignor and discard it ni.abi wat do u wan na do?since u don't av and want 2 av any thing 2do with them.dis might 4rm all dis scammers.Give them money and u are trown in2 d Ocean...lolz!

lolzz, i had to post it to make people aware of posting their email and also let them know there ain't anything like travelling to candada (or any of this western countries) without a visa. except the fellow wants to ruin his/her life foreva

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.