Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,834 members, 7,872,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (514064 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
Goodday my fellow Nairalanders

Thanks for all your contribution you've been giving here on Nairaland.

Please I need your advise on this; I just completed my nysc and intend furthering my career in Canada on any related course to my field, I read computer science back in school I have a broda in Canada (toronto). I have written to a school in toronto humber college but no luck in getting any reply. I need a school in Canada close to toronto where accomodation wouldn't be a problem for me since I will be stayin with my broda. I'd appreciate if you know any school which ofcoz d tuition fee is not too much and situated close to ontario toronto, please I need procedures as my broda in Canada is too busy to help me on the lookout, he only advised I look for a public college as I graduated with 2.2 and intend applying for a work visa after college. I have googled the internet for answers, still to no avail. Please help me here

My email: kodeblurr@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by emiaby(m): 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
efosa12345:

What are the reasons? I don't want to be hearing this, all I want to hear is mediacal and trv sucess
Denied.

Financial reasons.
Not a bonafide student
Not credible.
Not sure I would return to nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
[quote author=seir405][/quote]

I didnt include statement of purpose in my package. I didn't see it as a requirement on their website, therefore I didn't deem it important
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 10:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
Don Cipher: @donnet congrats, c u soon in canada

Yea thanks a lot. I also hope to see you in canada soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 11:02pm On Aug 15, 2012
Don Cipher: @ebugirl, the letter u talk'd abt endorsing in court(notarized), was it letter of sponsorship or affidavit of sponsorship..thnx

Its affidavit of support that is endorsed in court. This is different from the letter of sponsorship,however I drafted both letters. I went on the internet and saw different formats, with that I was able to draft mine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
Briony84:

Hi I need to know the agent you used too.....pls do you mind sending me an email okereke84@yahoo.com

Have send it to you, check your email

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 11:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
phemmy88:

dnt know too... Am planning against Nxt yr too...bt still in service... Need alot of info too

I applied as a corper, submitted all my posting letters including khaki pics. I got my visa a week after my passing out. I think its better to apply as a corper rather than being unemployed #my thoughts#. however, I wrote a cover letter stating when I will conclude the mandatory program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johnkent(m): 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
kodeblurr:

Please I need your advise on this; I just completed my nysc and intend furthering my career in Canada on any related course to my field, I read computer science back in school I have a broda in Canada (toronto). I have written to a school in toronto humber college but no luck in getting any reply. I need a school in Canada close to toronto where accomodation wouldn't be a problem for me since I will be stayin with my broda. I'd appreciate if you know any school which ofcoz d tuition fee is not too much and situated close to ontario toronto, please I need procedures as my broda in Canada is too busy to help me on the lookout, he only advised I look for a public college as I graduated with 2.2 and intend applying for a work visa after college. I have googled the internet for answers, still to no avail. Please help me here

If your brother isn't willing to help you, I doubt if anyone would. That's my two cents. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by creamygirl(f): 1:50am On Aug 16, 2012
@ donnet, pls I need to ask you some questions via your mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 5:50am On Aug 16, 2012
kodeblurr:

Go to www.ontariocolleges.ca That should help U out. About getting admission in the college of your choice, U need to send your transcript and pay application fee. There could also be need of you sending your statement of purpose to them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 6:36am On Aug 16, 2012
dommakavelli: Hello nairalander pls help me wit d following issues

Thanks for ur email..
Pls kindly help me with the following.

1 a sample of letter of intent.

2 I went to one study abroad agent n I was told that I'll av to present a toefl test score @ d embassy...ow tru is dat?

3 I entered the university tru direct entry, can i ask my school to include a photocopy of my polytechnic transcript wit my university transcript since dey already av a copy wit them. Or i should apply for new transcript frm d poly.

4 I wish to apply to 2 or 3 schools which means I av to prepare 3 transcripts and that would cost me a lot of money cos my school charge 15k per copy excluding the courier service which is 7k....kindly advice me on how to go abt it

5. My school is very far from where i reside. Can i write the reference letter by myself on my lecturer's behalf?

6 names of schools dat doesn't request for toefl test

Email dadasawdick@yahoo.com

@domma, follow this thread from day one u will get vital answers to all ur questions, forget about entrusting ur money with agent pple do it here by demself, canadian embassy doest care whether u have toelf score or not, and don't waist ur money in producing 3 transcripts, just do one and send the photocopy to any school of ur choice, keep the original for embassy. There re money colleges/universites tht doest need toelf frm student in nigeria please google is ur frd in this case.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 6:36am On Aug 16, 2012
dommakavelli: Hello nairalander pls help me wit d following issues

Thanks for ur email..
Pls kindly help me with the following.

1 a sample of letter of intent.

2 I went to one study abroad agent n I was told that I'll av to present a toefl test score @ d embassy...ow tru is dat?

3 I entered the university tru direct entry, can i ask my school to include a photocopy of my polytechnic transcript wit my university transcript since dey already av a copy wit them. Or i should apply for new transcript frm d poly.

4 I wish to apply to 2 or 3 schools which means I av to prepare 3 transcripts and that would cost me a lot of money cos my school charge 15k per copy excluding the courier service which is 7k....kindly advice me on how to go abt it

5. My school is very far from where i reside. Can i write the reference letter by myself on my lecturer's behalf?

6 names of schools dat doesn't request for toefl test

Email dadasawdick@yahoo.com

@domma, follow this thread from day one u will get vital answers to all ur questions, forget about entrusting ur money with agent pple do it here by demself, canadian embassy doest care whether u have toelf score or not, and don't waist ur money in producing 3 transcripts, just do one and send the photocopy to any school of ur choice, keep the original for embassy. There re many colleges/universites tht doest need toelf frm student in nigeria please google is ur frd in this case.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 6:45am On Aug 16, 2012
Thnx, very helpful.

ebugirl:

Its affidavit of support that is endorsed in court. This is different from the letter of sponsorship,however I drafted both letters. I went on the internet and saw different formats, with that I was able to draft mine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 16, 2012
donnet:

My dad is my sponsor.

Hi I need to know the agent you used too.....pls
do you mind sending me an email
Kodeblurr@yahoo.com

Hope to see u in Canada soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 16, 2012
neeyee88: HI, ANYONE COMING TO WATERLOO/WINDOSR/GUELPH OR TORONTO IN SEPTEMBER? I COULD HELP ARRANGE ACCOMMODATION. I AM STARTING A MASTER'S PROG IN SEPT AT UNI. OF . WATERLOOCONTACT ME ASAP IF YOU ARE. CHEERS!

Yes, I would prefer toronto, please help me with info on any school that doesn't require toefel, any useful information on the application processing will be appreciated. My email address is kodeblurr@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 7:17am On Aug 16, 2012
The week isn't over yet...may medical invites n trv's flood the house, IJN....AMEN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2012
donnet:

Have send it to you, check your email
@donnet,av just sent u a mail,i want u 2 send d details of d agent u used.tankz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 7:50am On Aug 16, 2012
creamygirl: @ donnet, pls I need to ask you some questions via your mail. my email addy is yinka_agape@yahoo.com

This is my e-mail add: steamhelp@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 16, 2012
efosa12345:

@domma, follow this thread from day one u will get vital answers to all ur questions, forget about entrusting ur money with agent pple do it here by demself, canadian embassy doest care whether u have toelf score or not, and don't waist ur money in producing 3 transcripts, just do one and send the photocopy to any school of ur choice, keep the original for embassy. There re many colleges/universites tht doest need toelf frm student in nigeria please google is ur frd in this case.
Are you sure one can just make photocopies of transcripts and just send to schools in Canada? I think that information is wrong, universities in canada insist on a sealed original transcript, even sent by the issuing institution themselves... Pls can anyone verify this statement ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seedord247(m): 7:54am On Aug 16, 2012
grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2012
ogbeche77:
Are you sure one can just make photocopies of transcripts and just send to schools in Canada? I think that information is wrong, universities in canada insist on a sealed original transcript, even sent by the issuing institution themselves... Pls can anyone verify this statement ?

@domma, I am telling what I did, I sent photocopy of my transcript to Lambton college in Sarnia ontario, 2nd of june 2012, before 10th of june I received my acceptance letter and I have submitted all other relevant documents to the embassy early this month coupled with my full tuition fee receipt. All my origial documents have been submitted to the embassy. To get admission is an easy thing, where the problem lies is ur study permit. If u think u have much money to spend, u can do what u feel is best for u instead of doubting me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 8:25am On Aug 16, 2012
ebugirl: The week isn't over yet...may medical invites n trv's flood the house, IJN....AMEN

What sch n program are u going for and what will u be studying ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 8:34am On Aug 16, 2012
@ogbeche77 some schools might allow the photocopy of transcripts or for u to scan the copy of the transcripts to them for evaluation purpose before admission is given to u or not and if u are granted admission u have to send the sealed sch transcripts copy to them . Normally the instructions on how to go abt these things are well spelt out on each sch admission page ,so i suggest u check ur intended sch page and do as instructed and not follow wat another applicant to another sch did .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 16, 2012
pauloman: @ogbeche77 some schools might allow the photocopy of transcripts or for u to scan the copy of the transcripts to them for evaluation purpose before admission is given to u or not and if u are granted admission u have to send the sealed sch transcripts copy to them . Normally the instructions on how to go abt these things are well spelt out on each sch admission page ,so i suggest u check ur intended sch page and do as instructed and not follow wat another applicant to another sch did .
Roger that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 8:44am On Aug 16, 2012
ogbeche77:

I concur. I dnt think photocopies r acceptable. Infact, my skool insisted that it must b in a sealed envelope and signed across.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 8:46am On Aug 16, 2012
pauloman:

What sch n program are u going for and what will u be studying ?

Dalhousie university, to study MA economics
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2012
Normally the instructions on how to go abt these things are well spelt out on each sch admission page ,so i suggest u check ur intended sch page and do as instructed and not follow wat another applicant to another sch did . [/quote]

Well said!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 8:59am On Aug 16, 2012
ebugirl:

I concur. I dnt think photocopies r acceptable. Infact, my skool insisted that it must b in a sealed envelope and signed across.

@ebugirl, it depends on the skul, some accepts scanned copy or photocopies. But if domma want to produce as many copies of transcript as he want he should go ahead, but remember canadian embassy need original copy of ur transcript.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:10am On Aug 16, 2012
This thread too much..newbies just dey flock in.....ebugirl, shavel, donnet, fflower, pauloman, solomon, and odas go soon retire....I shall join lead the Train of Fall 2013.....anyone here wan follow me?...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moty4all: 11:53am On Aug 16, 2012
Yes
Same ohh..I'm Gonna re-apply next year

earthgreeners: This thread too much..newbies just dey flock in.....ebugirl, shavel, donnet, fflower, pauloman, solomon, and odas go soon retire....I shall join lead the Train of Fall 2013.....anyone here wan follow me?...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 11:57am On Aug 16, 2012
Ceejay2: @slamdunk99, congrats to u and all TRV hopefuls. pls i need the sample of your letter of intent, can you pls forward to my email address: brianceej@yahoo.com thnx

abeg inbox me ur letter of intent, my email is cletus161@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
anybody goin to georgian college for the winter 2013. Am yet to submit my visa application, would b needing all d advise i could get

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.