Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,119 members, 7,880,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:13 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (514956 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:44am On Aug 15, 2012
Someone told me canadian embassy ask for toefl test frm masters student. How true is this? Am confused
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2012
de-humph:
JUST GOT BACK FROM VAC. @all. I AM REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING WITH MY MEDICALS:

(1) RECEIPT OF PAYMENT OF TUITION FEE. @ ALL. DO I NEED TO PAY THE FULL TUITION FEE SINCE IT WAS NOT STATED TO PAY FULL TUITION FEE ?
(2) UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT@ALL. UNFORTUNATELY MY SCHOOL DON'T GIVE BY HAND, I WOULD HAVE TO ADDRESS IT TO THEM, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?
(3) NYSC C
ERTIFICATE
. I JUST CONCLUDED MY NYSC. BATCH B 2011

SPONSOR : DAD
UNIVERSITY : DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY.
START DATE : 1ST SEPTEMBER

Congrats! U will def. Get ur visa, I hope to see u on sept 4th 4 international student day. Cheers!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 11:57am On Aug 15, 2012
neeyee88: HI, ANYONE COMING TO WATERLOO/WINDOSR/GUELPH OR TORONTO IN SEPTEMBER? I COULD HELP ARRANGE ACCOMMODATION. I AM STARTING A MASTER'S PROG IN SEPT AT UNI. OF . WATERLOOCONTACT ME ASAP IF YOU ARE. CHEERS!

Hey bro, good to have u on. Im currently applying for Masters in Engineering @ the university of Waterloo @ the department of Civil Engineering for January 2013 start date. They only take applications from Canadians and Permanent Residents. I just got my PRV here in Nigeria but will be landing by december/january. Do u think my application will be processed while i am yet to land in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 11:58am On Aug 15, 2012
neeyee88: HI, ANYONE COMING TO WATERLOO/WINDOSR/GUELPH OR TORONTO IN SEPTEMBER? I COULD HELP ARRANGE ACCOMMODATION. I AM STARTING A MASTER'S PROG IN SEPT AT UNI. OF . WATERLOOCONTACT ME ASAP IF YOU ARE. CHEERS!

Hey bro, good to have u on. Im currently applying for Masters in Engineering @ the university of Waterloo @ the department of Civil Engineering for January 2013 start date. They only take applications from Canadians and Permanent Residents. I just got my PRV here in Nigeria but will be landing in Toronto by december/january. Do u think my application will be processed while i am yet to land in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 11:59am On Aug 15, 2012
shema: Just got back from a UBA branch around me. Told them what I wanted, they told me to come with a proof/request form.

Tell dem u want to raise a draft in favour of canadian embassy. Its 19,500.... If they still refuse, just go to UBA in ilupeju n get it done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
pauloman:

Hey bro, good to have u on. Im currently applying for Masters in Engineering @ the university of Waterloo @ the department of Civil Engineering for January 2013 start date. They only take applications from Canadians and Permanent Residents. I just got my PRV here in Nigeria but will be landing by december/january. Do u think my application will be processed while i am yet to land in Canada?

Congrats pauloman!!! Am sorry its coming late
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
ebugirl:

Congrats pauloman!!! Am sorry its coming late

Thanks dearie,better late than never lol. How u preparing for ur trip?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
pauloman:

Thanks dearie,better late than never lol. How u preparing for ur trip?

Thanks for understanding.....am good to go but still enjoying the weather, I av being able to fix up off campus accomodation and also booked my flight. I de store solar energy, so I go fit the use the reserve if cold too much, lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
donnet:

Yea that's true. I don't know, maybe is because I submitted my receipt and passport late which †ђε̲̣̣̣̥y required for. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Relax...I got my visa 5weeks after medical, so jst chill and pray 4 the best, de av no choice other dan 2 grant u dat visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
Do i need to take English Language Proficiency test (toefl) to gain admission in the uni of waterloo?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
dommakavelli: Do i need to take English Language Proficiency test (toefl) to gain admission in the uni of waterloo?

Contact the department to know the requiremnts
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
dommakavelli: Do i need to take English Language Proficiency test (toefl) to gain admission in the uni of waterloo?

Check out the requirement for graduate student... http://grad.uwaterloo.ca/students/prospective/ESLinstitutions.html for undergraduates.... http://findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/admissions/elr.php
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
@ebugirl. I'm going to dal also. when r u leaving?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
ebugirl:

Thanks for understanding.....am good to go but still enjoying the weather, I av being able to fix up off campus accomodation and also booked my flight. I de store solar energy, so I go fit the use the reserve if cold too much, lol

Lol...i feel u. Wish u a safe flight to Canada !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
To GOD be †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ glory, all glory to JESUS... I just collected my trv from my agent today. For those still waiting and those denied don't give up. I pray for you all in JESUS name AMEN. I got my visa in just 22 working days from †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ day of medical.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SOTAJ: 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hello guys. I have actually been following this thread for sometime and all I can say is that every contributor has been wonderful.

Please I need some clarification on an issue. I intend to apply for a Masters programme at Dalhousie University but there is a column on the form where the applicant is required to show proof of how the study will be financed.

Is the applicant expected to enclose a bank statement with the supporting documents to be forwarded to the University or how can one show such proof?

I intend to finance it myself though.

@Ebugirl, please I need your input on this having gone through the same process too in the same University
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
donnet: To GOD be †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ glory, all glory to JESUS... I just collected my trv from my agent today. For those still waiting and those denied don't give up. I pray for you all in JESUS name AMEN. I got my visa in just 22 working days from †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ of medical.

congrats,wish others Goodluck on their trv and those waiting for medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
donnet: To GOD be †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ glory, all glory to JESUS... I just collected my trv from my agent today. For those still waiting and those denied don't give up. I pray for you all in JESUS name AMEN. I got my visa in just 22 working days from †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ day of medical.
Congrats bro!!!! Welcome on board bro...... Go book ur flight sharparly!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
de-humph:
JUST GOT BACK FROM VAC. @all. I AM REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING WITH MY MEDICALS:

(1) RECEIPT OF PAYMENT OF TUITION FEE. @ ALL. DO I NEED TO PAY THE FULL TUITION FEE SINCE IT WAS NOT STATED TO PAY FULL TUITION FEE ?
(2) UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT@ALL. UNFORTUNATELY MY SCHOOL DON'T GIVE BY HAND, I WOULD HAVE TO ADDRESS IT TO THEM, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?
(3) NYSC CERTIFICATE. I JUST CONCLUDED MY NYSC. BATCH B 2011

SPONSOR : DAD
UNIVERSITY : DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY.
START DATE : 1ST SEPTEMBER
Congrats bro!, as par the tuition receipt u just have to include it, I was asked to include full one year tuition receipt when submitting my pp after Medicals and my school neva stated such on my letter of acceptance so u just have to do dat within 30days to avoid being refused, and as for the number of semesters to pay for, just two semesters make a year u should know dat.......all the best bro and hope to see u soon in canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
donnet: To GOD be †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ glory, all glory to JESUS... I just collected my trv from my agent today. For those still waiting and those denied don't give up. I pray for you all in JESUS name AMEN. I got my visa in just 22 working days from †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ day of medical.
Congratulations, bro.
I rejoice with you. I am still believing God for mine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
J20:
Congratulations, bro.
I rejoice with you. I am still believing God for mine.

Thanks man, I also pray for you. AMEN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2012
shavel: Congrats bro!!!! Welcome on board bro...... Go book ur flight sharparly!!!!!!

Thanks man, hope to see you there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
This week has been such a good week for Nairalanders and so shall it be Insha allah. Alhamdulillah robiliallami Am so happy too because I received my medical call yesterday and I have sharply gone to do it today. May these happy news continue on this thread by the name of God almighty. For the January start dates applicants yours are on the way Insha allah. Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2012
Congrats bro, am so happy for U. See in canada Insha allah.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
@earthgreener,
I remain humble sir. I just dey busy with a kinda business plan and execution. U knw man must wack nah... Thx 4 d buzz.

@donnet,
Congratzzzzz. I wish u good luck and safe flight.

@pharmow,
Maa-sha Allah! Shukralillah. Ur TRV is on the way,Congratzzzz in advance Bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
pharmow: This week has been such a good week for Nairalanders and so shall it be Insha allah. Alhamdulillah robiliallami Am so happy too because I received my medical call yesterday and I have sharply gone to do it today. May these happy news continue on this thread by the name of God almighty. For the January start dates applicants yours are on the way Insha allah. Amen

when did u submit and what documents did u submit.who is your sponsor.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2012

thank God for your success...
Share ur documents for d sake of dose who wana submit.who is ur sponsor guy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
newacca: @earthgreener,
I remain humble sir. I just dey busy with a kinda business plan and execution. U knw man must wack nah... Thx 4 d buzz.

@donnet,
Congratzzzzz. I wish u good luck and safe flight.

@pharmow,
Maa-sha Allah! Shukralillah. Ur TRV is on the way,Congratzzzz in advance Bro.

how far with ur treatment?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
pharmow: This week has been such a good week for Nairalanders and so shall it be Insha allah. Alhamdulillah robiliallami Am so happy too because I received my medical call yesterday and I have sharply gone to do it today. May these happy news continue on this thread by the name of God almighty. For the January start dates applicants yours are on the way Insha allah. Amen
Congratulations, bro!
I say a big AMEN to your prayer; my start date is January.

Good news is flowing freely on this thread. Thank God for His wonderful mercies and also for the good advice one gets on this thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
spencer3705:

how far with ur treatment?

going steadily bro. Due to complete in June,2013. Thx 4 ur concern.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moty4all: 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
I'm happy 4 u..
U have just given hope to re-apply.

eo2002: My Status changed today to (Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest).
Just when i have given up all hope, i was denied in April, i dint give up and i reapplied again June 1st with a good packaging.

I just feel its all about how you package you doc and GOD.

I swear to God i had a dream i was denied today when i called VAC in my Dream, i woke up and prayed and called them behold i was asked to come for my med. no be GOD?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by canadianboy(m): 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
I submitted my application for TRV in May 15 and my status has not changed since then, meanwhile i am scheduled for Sept 1, 2012 resumption and i am also given funding amounting to $8,176 @ Univ of Sask for my Master's program. Wont you think the school would want to reassign the scholarship award to another person. Please not again that, i am applying the second time as i was refused visa the first time based on insufficient funding( having used an uncle as a sponsor) but now i am sponsoring myself with enough funds in my account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.