Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,133 members, 7,890,812 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:10 PM

British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' (4615 Views)

TYRANNY: Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Allegedly Insulting Buhari On Facebook / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / VP Osinbajo In Sudan - For The Inauguration Of Sudanese President (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 04, 2007
I-man:

You are forgetting that all land belongs to Allah,thus,Muslims have a special right to make demands in foreign territories.
In Arab land is there anything like freedom of speech, so they should not practise it in another man's country.
davidylan:

when the French government enacted laws that prohibited girls from wearing hijabs to school you and your fellow muslim brothers were the first to cry foul . . . claiming an infringement of your "rights". Why didnt you just vacate France if you didnt like the law? Hypocrites!
Exactly my point. This people don't have rights (especially women angry angry)in their own countries. But when they come to Europe they start talking about "rights."
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Blatant: 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2007
davidylan:

when the French government enacted laws that prohibited girls from wearing hijabs to school[b] you and your fellow muslim brothers were the first to cry foul [/b] . . . claiming an infringement of your "rights". Why didnt you just vacate France if you didnt like the law? Hypocrites!

Okay. You are one of those people:
How did you come to the conclusion that I am a "muslim brother"? because you live in your world where you cant accept people who see different things: maybe because you cant really see the right things.

Why did Gillian go to Sudan if they are so backward and they dont know how to apply anything, especially law?
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Blatant: 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2007
naijaking1:

For you and Olabowale, I remain astonished that you would stay in UK and US, appreciate the orderly nature of things, and yet take every opportunity possible to promote lawlessness- via religious intolerance when Africa is involved.

For Nigeria, you guys want a strict and self limiting forms of your religion via sharia, restriction of movement and freedom for women, and worst of all death sentence for anybody you think went against your percieved interpretation of your holy book.

Same thing has happened in Kano and othe northern cities in naija, now you're arguing that it's an applicable law in Sudan.

Please call a spade a spade.

I am amazed that you have grouped me with someone else whom I am not sure I ever read from/about.

Do you not know that promotion of lawlessness is to tell a Nation not to apply it's own laws? Why must that nation follow what Britain and America consider as proper? Must everyone else become daft and brainwashed to accept everything thrown at them by Britain and America? If you want to live your life by what others do, it's your prerogative but you should not expect that everyone else has to be the same way.

Narrow-mindedness of oppresors and the acceptance of same by many who consider themselves inferior is one of the reasons certain sections of the world will never rise to greatness. they already believe they are inferior and have no place in striving for greatness in their own unique way!
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2007
Blatant:

Why did Gillian go to Sudan if they are so backward and they don't know how to apply anything, especially law?

and why do you hypocrites keep trooping into the very same western nations you accuse of being the great shaitan?

Blatant:

Do you not know that promotion of lawlessness is to tell a Nation not to apply it's own laws? Why must that nation follow what Britain and America consider as proper? Must everyone else become daft and brainwashed to accept everything thrown at them by Britain and America? If you want to live your life by what others do, it's your prerogative but you should not expect that everyone else has to be the same way.

If America and Britain adopted similar laws as Saudi Arabia and Sudan, islamic hypocrites would be the first to cry "rights"!

Blatant:

Narrow-mindedness of oppresors and the acceptance of same by many who consider themselves inferior is one of the reasons certain sections of the world will never rise to greatness. they already believe they are inferior and have no place in striving for greatness in their own unique way!

hmmm most muslim nations including Sudan fall straight into this category.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Blatant: 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2007
davidylan:

and why do you hypocrites keep trooping into the very same western nations you accuse of being the great shaitan?

If America and Britain adopted similar laws as Saudi Arabia and Sudan, islamic hypocrites would be the first to cry "rights"!

hmmm most muslim nations including Sudan fall straight into this category.

Do you only know how to insult people? I am not a hypocrite and I did not 'troop' to any western nation.

America and Britain have their own laws that some nations dont necessarily like. Any foreigner who does not like British laws and it's applications should stay away from Britain, same for America.

You failed to answer the question about how I suddenly became a muslim. it would appear that your whole life is dominated by a hatred of muslim people. I hope this does not impact on the use to which you put your brain.

One of the main reasons Nigeria has failed to progress is the fact that Nigeria stupidly copies everything from the west without consideration for it's own uniqueness in terms of social life and cultural differences
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 04, 2007
Blatant:

Do you only know how to insult people? I am not a hypocrite and I did not 'troop' to any western nation.

Take a chill pill, not everything you read is an insult. Grow up.

Blatant:

America and Britain have their own laws that some nations don't necessarily like. Any foreigner who does not like British laws and it's applications should stay away from Britain, same for America.

You very well know muslims dont obey that rule, rather they misuse the priviledge of free speech (a tool that is alien to the laws of their home countries) to go on rampage demanding for "their rights" (another facility that is unavailable to them in their home countries).
Muslims were outraged when France came out with its no-hijab laws . . . did they stay away from France? Your guess is as good as mine.

Blatant:

You failed to answer the question about how I suddenly became a muslim. it would appear that your whole life is dominated by a hatred of muslim people. I hope this does not impact on the use to which you put your brain.

1. I'm not obliged to answer any question.
2. I dont waste my entire life hating muslims, they do a pretty good job with that themselves.
3. If i didnt put my brain to good use i'd be just like you today, unable to think outside the box.

Blatant:

One of the main reasons Nigeria has failed to progress is the fact that Nigeria stupidly copies everything from the west without consideration for it's own uniqueness in terms of social life and cultural differences

And nations like Sudan, who stupidly copied everything from the quran, are paragons of progress?

Isnt it surprising that the West, with all their laws are light yrs ahead of your non-law copying nations?
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Blatant: 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2007
davidylan:

Take a chill pill, not everything you read is an insult. Grow up.

You very well know muslims don't obey that rule, rather they misuse the priviledge of free speech (a tool that is alien to the laws of their home countries) to go on rampage demanding for "their rights" (another facility that is unavailable to them in their home countries).
Muslims were outraged when France came out with its no-hijab laws . . . did they stay away from France? Your guess is as good as mine.

1. I'm not obliged to answer any question.
2. I don't waste my entire life hating muslims, they do a pretty good job with that themselves.
3. If i didnt put my brain to good use i'd be just like you today, unable to think outside the box.

And nations like Sudan, who stupidly copied everything from the quran, are paragons of progress?

Isnt it surprising that the West, with all their laws are light years ahead of your non-law copying nations?

Telling me to grow up is rude when you dont even know how old I am.

You have resorted to insults! It seems to be your lifestyle.
If you were properly bred by your parents, you will not become such a loose dog prowling and hurling insults at everyone who disagrees with you. It would be great to see what kind of home such an ill-mannered fool like you emanated from.

not only are you ill-mannered, you are also brainless being unable to realise that there are some muslim people who are French Nationals and have no other country. You are too stupid to realise that so you advocate that all of them should vacate their own nation and migrate to foreign lands. You cannot see anything in it's true light as your mind is not developed enough to see them and your parents did not offer you the background to enable a rounded development of your brain.

You think that Nations are built on religious beliefs.

I will now ignore you as you have succeeded in making me do what I did not set out to do.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2007
Blatant:

Telling me to grow up is rude when you don't even know how old I am.

huh you do have an excellent way of showing "how old you are". With what you posted above i'm judging maybe 16-19yrs old thereabout.

Blatant:

You have resorted to insults! It seems to be your lifestyle.
If you were properly bred by your parents, you will not become such a loose dog prowling and hurling insults at everyone who disagrees with you. It would be great to see what kind of home such an ill-mannered fool like you emanated from.

not only are you ill-mannered, you are also brainless being unable to realise that there are some muslim people who are French Nationals and have no other country. You are too stupid to realise that so you advocate that all of them should vacate their own nation and migrate to foreign lands. You cannot see anything in it's true light as your mind is not developed enough to see them and your parents did not offer you the background to enable a rounded development of your brain.

huh? shocked Talk of "resorting to insults".
hmmm majority of those "french nationals" are actually immigrants. Perhaps people like you with big brains shld have realised this by now.

Blatant:

You think that Nations are built on religious beliefs.

I think? I thought it was pretty obvious that in muslim nations the state = religion and vice versa. Oh well i made the mistake of assuming everyone was intelligent enough to understand such simple home truths.

Blatant:

I will now ignore you as you have succeeded in making me do what I did not set out to do.

Yup i hardly get on the same wavelength with toddlers.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Blatant: 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2007
when your father starts teaching you right from wrong, you will be able to determine who is a toddler and who is not. I'm sure your father is more of a toddler than I am
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2007
Blatant:

when your father starts teaching you right from wrong, you will be able to determine who is a toddler and who is not. I'm sure your father is more of a toddler than I am

Yet another brilliant gem from the minds of "adults". grin
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by mrpataki(m): 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2007
Now that Gilian is safely back in Liverpool, it is time for nairaland members to start hurling insults at each other.

It is time for Seun to starting his own form of Sharia law on the forum. grin
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by BigB11(m): 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2007
Posted by Seun:
Lesson leaned:  Muslims can be ungrateful.  They can turn against you at the slightest unintentional "provocation"
No matter what you've done for them.   So keep away from them if you don't want to lose your head.  Literally.

This statement is unfair and absolutely doesn't speak well of your exceptional tutelary saint character or your profound reasonableness.
A man in your position should always operate by showing off great examples.
I am disappointed and I hope you reinforce your integrity as a man by apologizing before it's too late.

May God continue to bless unity among all Africans.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by naijaking1: 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2007
Blatant:

I am amazed that you have grouped me with someone else whom I am not sure I ever read from/about.

Why do you even have to go to Sudan to appreciate lawlessness among muslims?
All yo u need to do is go to any northern city like Kano.

Do you need a lecture on the frequency of lawless muslim rioting at Kano?
British and American laws do not make almajiris fill up the streets, looting, stealing and killing without proper justification.

You really have to be completely daft and brainless not to see the mayhem caused by your fellow muslims in Nigeria without transposing the situation to Sudan.

Muslims don't riot and kill in US, UK, France, etc, but guess what? They do so for every imaginable provocation in Africa.

Why?
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by mrpataki(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2007
Big B1:

Posted by Seun:
This statement is unfair and absolutely doesn't speak well of your exceptional tutelary saint character or your profound reasonableness.
A man in your position should always operate by showing off great examples.
I am disappointed and I hope you reinforce your integrity as a man by apologizing before it's too late.

May God continue to bless unity among all Africans.

Lesson leaned: Muslims can be ungrateful. They can turn against you at the slightest unintentional "provocation"
No matter what you've done for them. So keep away from them if you don't want to lose your head. Literally.

Please what is wrong in someone holding on to his opinions? I have not seen anything in the above statement that calls for an apology.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Blatant: 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2007
naijaking1:

Why do you even have to go to Sudan to appreciate lawlessness among muslims?
All yo u need to do is go to any northern city like Kano.

Do you need a lecture on the frequency of lawless muslim rioting at Kano?
British and American laws do not make almajiris fill up the streets, looting, stealing and killing without proper justification.

You really have to be completely daft and brainless not to see the mayhem caused by your fellow muslims in Nigeria without transposing the situation to Sudan.

Muslims don't riot and kill in US, UK, France, etc, but guess what? They do so for every imaginable provocation in Africa.

Why?

You have to be an slowpoke for replying with insults. It should be clear to anyone with any brain at all to read my posts and realise that I am not a muslim. What has Kano got to do with Sudan?

Muslims protest in UK, they have protested in France as well. The reason they dont riot in UK and France and US is the same reason why others dont riot in these countries. Riots are what people do to protest in several parts of Africa but you are too daft to see anything. When I was in Unilag, the word protest was synonymous with the word riot but you are too daft to see how things relate. People dont generally riot in the countries you mention so muslims are not likely to just jump onto the streets and riot.

When anyone protests in Nigeria, it almost always invariably turns into a riot; it is the way the society is.  

Do imbeciles like you just resort to insulting people whenever they dont buy your stupid arguments?
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2007
wow!!!
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by mrpataki(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2007
The woman is safely in Liverpool at the moment, nairaland members are busy throwing atomic insults at each other. cheesy

Watson, you are indeed too much. grin
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by YangaRat: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2007
And for ya information, dem don designate this forum as NO slowpoke AREA, and na towing vehicle and area boys go deal with anybody when try to complain over this new law.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by BigB11(m): 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2007
Posted by Seun:
Lesson leaned:  Muslims can be ungrateful.  They can turn against you at the slightest unintentional "provocation"
No matter what you've done for them.   So keep away from them if you don't want to lose your head.  Literally.

Posted by mrpataki:
Please what is wrong in someone holding on to his opinions? I have not seen anything in the above statement that calls for an apology.

Just because 1 or 2 or 100 or 2000 Muslims have done you wrong doesn't mean they're all bad and definitely doesn't permit you to crucify the entire group. It is not right and absolutely unacceptable. Yes, it's OK for someone to hold on to his or her opinions, but we have to be careful and always think about others before taking an irrational action.

Reading the statement posted by Seun, it is obvious that the Muslims have been stereotyped as a villain group of people, based on the actions of just few Muslims.

Mrpataki:
Since you've elected yourself as the honorary referee; could you please express your reaction to the statement below?

"Lesson learned: Nigerians are nothing but bunch of immoral criminals, who are capable of stealing while they're sleeping. No matter what you've done for them, they will rob you. So, keep away from them if you don't want to lose your wallet"

Mrpataki, I look forward to your reaction.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by naijaking1: 11:10pm On Dec 05, 2007
Blatant:

You have to be an slowpoke for replying with insults. It should be clear to anyone with any brain at all to read my posts and realise that I am not a muslim. What has Kano got to do with Sudan?

Muslims protest in UK, they have protested in France as well. The reason they don't riot in UK and France and US is the same reason why others don't riot in these countries. Riots are what people do to protest in several parts of Africa but you are too daft to see anything. When I was in Unilag, the word protest was synonymous with the word riot but you are too daft to see how things relate. People don't generally riot in the countries you mention so muslims are not likely to just jump onto the streets and riot.

When anyone protests in Nigeria, it almost always invariably turns into a riot; it is the way the society is.

Do imbeciles like you just resort to insulting people whenever they don't buy your stupid arguments?

Surprised at your reaction, can't take your own insult? Eh? 'Daft and brainwashed' those were your words.

Who cares how you stupidly, erronously defined or confused riot with protests in Unilag. The two are different. People protest all over the World, but it's only in Africa that people like you say criminals have some type of right to riot in order to protect Islam or enforce the laws of the land.

You don't need to apply the UK or US laws to know that killing someone in a riot under whatever pretence is evil.

Again, protest is not riot, even in naija. How could you shamelessly lie that everytime people protest in Nigeria it turns into riots? The NLC protests all the time, and without violence, many Christian based organizations protest without rioting, but watch out after Friday prayers in Kano, you would see how religious sermons metermophose from preaching to unlawful gathering, to riot, to stealing, to killings, and so on.

And you have the gut to continue to argue that it's normal in naija, because you read at Unilag that riot and protest are synonymous? I have heared about people who attended colleges like Unilag without learning anything, you probably learnt something but upside-down.

You should be ashamed, or at least ask for your money back from Unilag for mis-educating you.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Blatant: 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2007
What a complete idot this misguided fool is.

I see that it is in your nature to ascribe things to people in order to find room for insults. Go the way of your brother, you jumpy baboon.

You even equate Unilag to a college in your stupidity.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by naijaking1: 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2007
Blatant:

What a complete idot this misguided fool is.

I see that it is in your nature to ascribe things to people in order to find room for insults. Go the way of your brother, you jumpy baboon.

You even equate Unilag to a college in your stupidity.

Wake up ol man, all the so-called universities you attend after high school na colleges.

Unless you're in a Masters' or doctorate program, you're just in college.

I know the obession with the term university in naija, but 80-90% of students in naija's universities are really doing college level works, ie bachelors' and equivalent.

I don't think you'll understand since all you learnt from UNILAG was that riot=protest.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Blatant: 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2007
naijaking1:

Wake up ol man, all the so-called universities you attend after high school na colleges.

Unless you're in a Masters' or doctorate program, you're just in college.

I know the obession with the term university in naija, but 80-90% of students in naija's universities are really doing college level works, ie bachelors' and equivalent.

I don't think you'll understand since all you learnt from UNILAG was that riot=protest.

the attitude of goats like you is to believe that Nigerians have to adapt everything American. A Nigerian University is NOT a College, you fool.

Even in the UK, a University is different from a College. The problem with fools is that they think what they have learnt in America has to obtain all over the world. I wont blame you anyway. It is the shallowness of your mind which dictated in the first place that you had to go and wash plates in America to go to 'college' and then you think you know something that any other person does not know.

Once again fool, a college is NOT a University
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by naijaking1: 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2007
Blatant:

the attitude of goats like you is to believe that Nigerians have to adapt everything American. A Nigerian University is NOT a College, you fool.
Even in the UK, a University is different from a College. The problem with fools is that they think what they have learnt in America has to obtain all over the world. I wont blame you anyway. It is the shallowness of your mind which dictated in the first place that you had to go and wash plates in America to go to 'college' and then you think you know something that any other person does not know.
Once again fool, a college is NOT a University

Mr. Unilag-college-educated-quota-allocated-sharia-inclined-muslim-zealot, I bet you never obtained a university education in Unilag, so why make noise.

People like you merely obtained college level bachelor's education despite being in a university.

If you had obtained a truely university education anywhere in the World, you would have learnt that protest does not equal riot.

You can't run away from the main topic of this thread, ie the murderous behaviours of muslims like you at the slightest provocation and stupid misinterpretation of the laws of the land by your muslim cohorts.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by Blatant: 11:03pm On Dec 11, 2007
naijaking1:

Mr. Unilag-college-educated-quota-allocated-sharia-inclined-muslim-zealot, I bet you never obtained a university education in Unilag, so why make noise.

People like you merely obtained college level bachelor's education despite being in a university.

If you had obtained a truely university education anywhere in the World, you would have learnt that protest does not equal riot.

You can't run away from the main topic of this thread, ie the murderous behaviours of muslims like you at the slightest provocation and stupid misinterpretation of the laws of the land by your muslim cohorts.

You do display your stupidity. College is NOT equal to University. That is what you have been taught where you migrated and you think it applies worldwide.

You further display your arrant lack of intelligence by referring to me as a muslim. Everyone who has a different opinion from that of your GOATSHIP has to be a muslim. Seeing that you are so unintelligent, I chose not to have any discussion on this with you.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by naijaking1: 11:18pm On Dec 11, 2007
Blatant:

You do display your stupidity. College is NOT equal to University. That is what you have been taught where you migrated and you think it applies worldwide.

You further display your arrant lack of intelligence by referring to me as a muslim. Everyone who has a different opinion from that of your GOATSHIP has to be a muslim. Seeing that you are so unintelligent, I chose not to have any discussion on this with you.

You have changed the topic to an unrelated topic, and yet you can't make your point, except call people names.

You have no new ideas, and ought to remain quiet.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by mrpataki(m): 12:21am On Dec 12, 2007
College Vs University grin grin

Riot vs Protest cheesy cheesy

undecided
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by mrpataki(m): 12:28am On Dec 12, 2007
Big B1:

Posted by Seun:
Posted by mrpataki:

Just because 1 or 2 or 100 or 2000 Muslims have done you wrong doesn't mean they're all bad and definitely doesn't permit you to crucify the entire group. It is not right and absolutely unacceptable. Yes, it's OK for someone to hold on to his or her opinions, but we have to be careful and always think about others before taking an irrational action.

Reading the statement posted by Seun, it is obvious that the Muslims have been stereotyped as a villain group of people, based on the actions of just few Muslims.

Mrpataki:
Since you've elected yourself as the honorary referee; could you please express your reaction to the statement below?

"Lesson learned: Nigerians are nothing but bunch of immoral criminals, who are capable of stealing while they're sleeping. No matter what you've done for them, they will rob you. So, keep away from them if you don't want to lose your wallet"

Mrpataki, I look forward to your reaction.

So you do not know silence means consent? Or how many muslims group arose to call against such an act by the Sudanese?

As for the analysing your posse, I am sorry I am sure my personal opinion about it would not matter, as only the author of such a statement knows what exactly he/she meant, and is in the best shoes to explain to you.
Re: British Woman Arrested In Sudan For Allegedly 'insulting The Prophet' by lumeneng22: 6:45am On Sep 02, 2012
There is one notorious thief @ idi araba by name mohamed a muslim community in lagos.What about that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Sacks 20 PDP Lawmakers In The Rivers State Of Assembly / See What They Did To A Man For Using Abusive Words On Buhari(photo) / What Prof. Wole Soyinka Said About Senator Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.