Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,956 members, 7,883,348 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 09:25 AM

An Assasination Threat Call. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Assasination Threat Call. (1804 Views)

In What Ways Is PROSTITUTION A Threat To A Nation? / Wizkid Is A Threat To My Relationship / My Ex Still Wants Me Back. This Time With A Huge Contract Termination Threat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Assasination Threat Call. by yimiton(f): 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2007
I know this shouldn't be here but since I'm always here, I think I should share this experience with friends, so that we may all learn from it and beware.

I got a phone call from someone this morning and shouted 'yimiton, this is something serious, call me back immediately!'

Scared that something terrible had happened to a member of my family, I quicky picked up my phone and called the number and the first statement I heard made me smile with relief, of course it was 419!

The man introduced himself with a foreign name and told me to keep confidential whatever he was about to tell me because it was a question of life and death.

He Said, his gang and he have been assigned to assasinate me by some guys for some reasons. But he did his investigation and discovered that I was innocent and decided that since I was, there was no point shedding innocent blood.

His gang members got suspicious that he had tiped me and I had bribed  him and now, they are asking for their own share of the money.

To save my neck, I needed to send 10 MTN recharge cards of N1500 denomination to the number within 30 mins. If not, they'll have to do their job.

He further went on to say, they have my house address and pictures and thati mmediately I send the recharge cards, he was going to let me know the guys that had sent them after my life.

Then, he wanted to know immediately, how soon I'll be able to send the cards.

I didn't do anything and the same number flashed me about 40 mins later.
I told my friend about 1 hour later when I had the time and he promptly called the number. Low and behold, it was switched off.

Naira Landers, beware, these guys are desperate and remember, in these days of internet insecurity, anybody can get your information any where, including nairaland.

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually had a picture, afterall, I once had my picture on Nairaland for a while and a couple of other websites before some good meaning Nairalander told me to delete it.

The number was: 07031097857
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by iice(f): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2007
shocked shocked shocked And people say i too dey do smoke and mirrors undecided
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by yimiton(f): 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ iice,
? ?.
Could you clear this up a little, for once, didn't understand what you said.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by iice(f): 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2007
I meant my not having that much info for people to make use of tongue
People are dangerous!!

Hope he doesn't have your pic thou
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by yimiton(f): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
Really can't tell if he has it or not.

But I won't be surprised if he does. I was stupid enough to attach my pix to some public websites (it used to be on Nairaland too), before I wisend up and deleted them.
But anyone could have saved a copy before I did.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by iice(f): 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2007
Na experience ma sister. . .atleast people will learn somethings undecided
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by yimiton(f): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2007
Yes. I really hope so.
I've learnt mine. Trying to remember everywhere I have my pix and deleting immediately.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by yemivictor: 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2007
yeah, this should serve as a heads-up for every one out there! there are many societal rejects that wouldn't hesistate to do one in. lazy bastards & spineless cowards, that's what i call them!
must commend yimiton for her courage & candour. many a lady would av fallen for the gimmick!
many pple should learn from this experience indeed!
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by yimiton(f): 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ yemivictor,

Thanks. I must confess the voice sounded kind of scary, dry and harsh. But with God's grace, I used my head.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by victor4u(m): 3:46pm On Nov 26, 2007
hmnnnnnnnn, this people will never stop their funny attitude and really hppy u could use ur head, a friend of mine narrated exactly dis same story where his uncle sent 5k recharge card jst because sum1 calld to threatened to kill him.

this people ar evrywhere n can come in any form, i recieve fresh 419 scam emails evryday either telling me i won a lottery i nver applied for, or introducin millions of dolls biz and other stuffs like that.

Is really a pity if any1 wld fall for 419 email scams, cos really wonder y Nigerians like reaping where they have nt sowed. This people wil request for ur account details promising to transfer funds n stupid nigerians wil go ahead n supply their account informations in a bid to make money.

Well a thief can only steal from a thief.

A word is enough for the wise.

Congrats on ur boldness yimiton, guess this wil teach Nigerians a lesson
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by zheroes(m): 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2007
its really unfortunte that these 419 boys are running out of ideas.

must it be recharge card? it simply shows how hungry they are. if you are into any kind of deal and you are asked to scratch card be careful because when you scratch cards for them, thats what they will use in calling you and giving one the impression that they are loaded, meanwhile they are simply using your money to fool you.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by Bblak(f): 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2007
Quite a diplomatic way of duping people .Hungry fools Shakes head and zoom off
@poster
congrats
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by yimiton(f): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Bblak,

thanks buddy.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by ifyalways(f): 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2007
na waooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hungry people on the prowl again shocked shocked shocked

@poster am happy you didnt fall for them.one got to be careful anyway. cool
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by jkpretty(f): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2007
I know that recharge card thingy! if any one does it for me, u go wait tire

good for u Yimi, God saved your ass head grin
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by yimiton(f): 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2007
@jkpretty,
Really? Never heard about that until today.
I just wondered how they had my name and my personal cell phone number.

@ ifyalways,
Thanks Jare, it was just God.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by jkpretty(f): 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2007
They have their ways around people. It has happened to a couple of people i know around. Its just some food to the hungry. And asper xmas is approaching. They need xmas shoes now
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by olanajim(m): 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2007
I have been passing by the thread without reading it. I must admit I read a story like this from one of columists in Nigerian papers not long ago. I did not bother my head because I thought he was trying to sell his paper.

Indeed this is a corporate 419. It is however easy to detect. Assasins don't demand for recharge canrds. They gobs after cash.

Assasins don't give you empty threat, they back it up with action. Assasins won't spare your life, unless you pay twice their original fee. And from the above, it is clear that the caller is indeed an hungry man looking for bread and butter.

Thanks to Yimiton, I honestly don't imagine people can do such thing. I am happy I read this.

Morals:
we must be careful of who we give our numbers and contact info. You never can tell, a real armed robber may be lurking around.

If people you don't know call you without introduction, don't disclose your name first until you are sure they are worthy of your time.

If you are in a vocation that are attractive to robbers and fraudsters, for instance, finance institution, oil and gas, please, always seperate your business phone from personal phones and don't put your personal phone number on complementary cards unless it you are sure you can handle it.

We lives in an insecure country where everyone is his own police.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2007
I told my Brother in law, he laughed himself to a fit, says they are hungry assasins.
Stupid and dull 419ners
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by yimiton(f): 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ olanajim,
Thanks. This is really an eye opener shocked I've learnt to be more careful especially about whom I give my business cards to.

@ Aisha2 grin cheesy cool
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by olanajim(m): 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2007
Aisha2,
yes they are. But we must draw a line. The kind that eliminate Funsho Williams are not the hungry types. We must analyse their words carefully before jumping into conclusion. 419ers are careless with words. In most cases, they would only deceive a coward or greedy man.

I got loads of 419 mails asking for my addresses. I used to reply them by giving them contact number of SCID panti. At times, I use EFCC office address. That is their trouble if they go defraud EFCC or the police. Surprisingly, they don't write back again. What I get is another person's email asking for opportunity to fool me.

Let me cite an example. A young man from france had never been in Nigeria asked me to help him claim a fund belonging to his Nigerian client at a central Bank in Bukina faso. He gave me a hell of trouble to send him my account number. He probably thought I fell for his foolishness. I gave him some phony number for Savanah Bank, SGBN and those distressed and liquidated banks. His next comment was how come all my banks had either been liquidated or distress? I just laughed at his smartness. I replied by asking him how he know those banks were distressed and liquidated when he claimed he had never been in Nigeria and know nobody. You see, those guys have brain problems. They coin up phony tales hoping everyone is as foolish as they are. We must all keep our eyes open.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2007
I went to pick my Nephew from school some weeks ago and i saw one woman crying. She said some people called her that they will kidnap her kids unless she gives them 3.5 million. I know we live in hard times but these people capitalize on our fear to do bad things. I was scared that day i took my nephew to the office with him instead of taking him home.
I understand your point Ola, but the recharge card trick was stupid u ve to admit
@ yimton, my sister, nothing do you, you dey kampe, who wan try
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by olanajim(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2007
Yes, it was stupid. I wonder whether assasins now sells MTN recharge cards.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by eddycapuro: 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ poster
u made a mistake. u should have sent the recharge card numbers for a combination of your birthday so that thier lines be blocked from trying to load fake recharges. Dull scammers!
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by olanajim(m): 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2007
This is really funny yet, it is a good idea!
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by Zandra1(f): 7:51pm On Nov 27, 2007
Am surprised at this. Poster, am glad u didnt give in to their crazy ploy.

What cracked me up about the whole thing was the recharge card issue. Almost everywhere on this site, I read about some Nigerian girls and how they're cookoo over recharge cards but now even some guys have joined to the extent of demanding 10 at a time grin grin grin grin. I just thought that part was hilarious grin grin grin grin.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by NaJaHaJe(f): 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2007
eddycapuro:

@ poster
u made a mistake. u should have sent the recharge card numbers for a combination of your birthday so that their lines be blocked from trying to load fake recharges. Dull scammers!

LMAO

@Yimiton

na wa ooooooooooo

if to say naija boys dey use thier hot brians build rockets and helicopters,,,,,,, se beta go dey na??

long hissssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2007
another method. . .when they knew the pleads wnt work, they decided to use threats. . sad
na wa for this fools o. they'll never rest. atleast they're thinking sha. just not using that grey cells of theirs for the right thing.
yimiton, you're smart jare. . .good thing u didnt sent it. .because if you send it once and it works, they'll continue to do it.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 28, 2007
someone called me once and gave me the MTN you have won 500000 bullshit, then asked me to send 6000 credit to claim, immediately i went to send him some used re charge cards. the guy called and said it didnt enter, i gave him the pin number and told him to call MTN that it was valid. Am sure the guy must have spent the whole day trying. He sent me a text later and said am a big fool
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by rockiedink(m): 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2007
@yimiton
i'm really happy for u. surprised though that you said you'd never heard of it. that ploy is like over 2 years old!!! sad they havent evolved nore efficient scamming methods. lucky you sis.
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by gbengeoou: 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2007
Yimiton,

Thank God for you o, dis ones na hungry Assasins wey dey ask 4 recharge card.

My sorry 4 dem o,

Yimiton is NOT AVAILABLE @ THE MOMENT PLS TRY AGAIN LATER, OLEEEEEEEEE tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue sad
Re: An Assasination Threat Call. by yimiton(f): 2:32pm On Nov 28, 2007
Thanks for all your concerns.

It may interest you to know that I stay in Lagos but traced the phone (with the cooporation of my MTN friend) all the way to Owerri.

I was shocked. Never had a friend in Owerri. He said he noticed the guy had a lot of recharge cards sent to him via SMS and he calls foriegn numbers with the cards; Probably to defraud them.

I definitely got the number blocked for good.

He sure did choose the wrong person this time.

He also told him the EFCC is at his trail. Wish that was true but I've not got the time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Go To Your Girlfriend's Wedding? / Akon Talks About Romance / Why Is That Most Of The Girls That Love Me, Are Not Upto My Standard ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.