Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,813 members, 7,945,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 08:03 PM

The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress (12555 Views)

President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari / The Igbo/yoruba Relationship By Austin Orette (Niger-delta) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2012
PointB:

Dude, is Yoruba not part of the south? Or is what Sanusi wrote not concerning the way Yoruba relates with other groups in Nigeria, including but not limited to other southern group?

What is not ethnic relations in what Sanusi wrote? Or is a case of some so called 'truth' being more bitter that others?

I am not configured for defensive duties dude, I play high balls!

It shows you're not a good student, and I doubt you're educated..

A good student will do a critical review of the article, and argue against the points raised by the guy who wrote the article...

Posting an irrelevant article from a stupid Mallam, whose point of view is more political than factual - with no correlation with title is just stupid.
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Dede1(m): 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
740megawatts: Why do some people like derailing threads on NL? It is evident that this write-up has been conclusively summarised in the last two paragraphs.

TRUE OR FALSE?

TRUE OR FALSE?

If your answer is true, then it follows the heart of this write-up. However, if you think it is false, please back it up with facts and figures of the period mentioned, not with an over-flogged write-up of Mallam Sanusi which is not representative of the 1957 and 1966 era as presented above. Shikena!!!

If you deemed the 1957 crap included in the skewed essay as remotely truth, then you are truly a Nigerian. In 1957 constitutional conference for Nigeria’s independence, the northern region never threatened secession but indicated it was not ready for full regional autonomy talk less of signing off on independence for entire Nigeria. Even though Lennox Boyed seemed more to agree with northern region, both western and eastern delegates threatened to walk out of the conference. When the next conference was scheduled towards the end of 1957, Zik indicated his absence to the meeting and it was postponed to 1958.

Of course, the planning of January 15, 1966 was not exclusively executed by young Igbo amry officers as the hack writer would want us to believe. I guess Major Ademoyega was Igbo too.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
This caliber of WARPED thinking is the time-bomb that will eventually disintegrate this mumu country called Nigeria:

Tribes that HATE, HATE, HATE each other STRUGGLE so hard to remain ONE COUNTRY

Check your history books: IT NEVER WORKS OUT

4 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by PointB: 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2012
shymmex:

It shows you're not a good student, and I doubt you're educated..

A good student will do a critical review of the article, and argue against the points raised by the guy who wrote the article...

Posting an irrelevant article from a stupid Mallam, whose point of view is more political than factual - with no correlation with title is just stupid.

hehehehehehehe, I thought you were gloating over the initial post; now you are humping around like an irritated goat, and cussing through your breath. grin grin grin grin How can I blame you? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyway, you are the student here bros, I don't do Nairaland academics. I do the grading! grin grin grin grin grin

Now your assignment: Critically review the comments of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, paying more attention to the highlighted and quoted paragraphs. Your next Nairaland grade depends on your performance. You may start now!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by noiseless: 6:09pm On Jun 22, 2012
SHAMELESS GLORY HUNTERS, SHAMELESS GLORY HUNTERS, SHAMELESS GLORY HUNTERS, SHAMELESS GLORY HUNTERS, SHAMELESS GLORY HUNTERS AND CURROPT HEARTHLESS GLORY HUNTERS! IMAGINE ENAHORO WRITING ABOUT BIAFRA WAR.
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by T9ksy(m): 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dede1:

If you deemed the 1957 crap included in the skewed essay as remotely truth, then you are truly a Nigerian. In 1957 constitutional conference for Nigeria’s independence, the northern region never threatened secession but indicated it was not ready for full regional autonomy talk less of assigning off on independence for entire Nigeria. Even though Lennox Boyed seemed more to agree with northern region, both western and eastern delegates threatened to walk out of the conference. When the next conference was scheduled towards the end of 1957, Zik indicated his absence to the meeting and it was postponed to 1958.

Of course, the planning of January 15, 1966 was not exclusively executed by young Igbo amry officers as the hack writer would want us to believe. I guess Major Ademoyega was Igbo too.

You are not only an "agbaya" but also an olodo to boot. Despite all your turenchi, you still failed to answer a simple True or False question.Bottomline is, Zik and his NCNC party formed a union with the sardunna's party (NPC) as a junior partner inspite of the open hatred the latter display towards southerners especially ibos. That is a fact which even you with all your proclivity for revisionism can't rewrite.

As for Ademoyega, yes he was not ibo but can you tell us when he was recruited and what operational task was he given? Afterall, he was a Major

too, like the rest of the main coupists.

@ PointB, can you post here what SLS has to say about your people?.
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dede1:

If you deemed the 1957 crap included in the skewed essay as remotely truth, then you are truly a Nigerian. In 1957 constitutional conference for Nigeria’s independence, the northern region never threatened secession but indicated it was not ready for full regional autonomy talk less of signing off on independence for entire Nigeria. Even though Lennox Boyed seemed more to agree with northern region, both western and eastern delegates threatened to walk out of the conference. When the next conference was scheduled towards the end of 1957, Zik indicated his absence to the meeting and it was postponed to 1958.

^^^Thanks bruh. This Ijaw man that thinks Igbos are (or ever were) the problem with Nigeria may want to get a second opinion from Adaka Boro and Ken Saro Wiwa.

Our problem has been mainly the greedy, lazy, morally bankrupt, visionless and thieving core northern elite championed by a few lost and gullible souls from the middle belt and south.

About Igbo 'relationship' with Yorubas, of this i ask: what relationship ?

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
Oh! And Dede1.....if you had called the poster you quoted a 'DINGBAT' you would have been spot on. wink

Cheers.
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Thanks bruh. This Ijaw man that thinks Igbos are (or ever were) the problem with Nigeria may want to get a second opinion from Adaka Boro and Ken Saro Wiwa.

I remember when Saro-Wiwa and other Ogoni leaders were killed by Abacha, most elderly people in the SE were like ,"What goes around comes around". I never understood until I found out Saro-Wiwa's involvement in the Abandoned Property poo after the civil war.

Until Southern tribes negotiate their co-existence, they will keep selling each other out and whining about their evident foolishness and lack of political sagacity.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Dede1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
T9ksy:

You are not only an "agbaya" but also an olodo to boot. Despite all your turenchi, you still failed to answer a simple True or False question.Bottomline is, Zik and his NCNC party formed a union with the sardunna's party (NPC) as a junior partner inspite of the open hatred the latter display towards southerners especially ibos. That is a fact which even you with all your proclivity for revisionism can't rewrite.

As for Ademoyega, yes he was not ibo but can you tell us when he was recruited and what operational task was he given? Afterall, he was a Major

too, like the rest of the main coupists.

@ PointB, can you post here what SLS has to say about your people?.

If you are not agbaya kobo kobo, you are definitely an olodo from Ota. I guess you and the moronic hack writer thought 1957 was 1959 after the federal election that decided the strength of each political party in what shall become Nigeria.

As for Ademoyega, he was even dangled as one of the “Five Majors”, a title to one of the books that gave explicit account of the events that took place in 1966.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
T9ksy, in my opinion, is basically consumed by hatred for the Igbos:

1) As long as the confused entity called Nigeria keeps treating Igbos unfairly, he is in silent support of the confusion.

2) As long as the prospect of a divided Nigeria holds the potential of liberating an industrialized country called Biafra, T9ksy will rather die than see Nigeria divided.

How can such a mindset produce any productive and progressive thought?

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by T9ksy(m): 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dede1:

If you are not agbaya kobo kobo, you are definitely an olodo from Ota. I guess you and the moronic hack writer thought 1957 was 1959 after the federal election that decided the strength of each political party in what shall become Nigeria.

As for Ademoyega, he was even dangled as one of the “Five Majors”, a title to one of the books that gave explicit account of the events that took place in 1966.

Haba dendirin, why do you find it so difficult to answer a simple question?

I repeat, did Zik not formed a union with the NPC, as a junior partner? YES or NO?

WHEN was Ademoyega recruited into the coup plan and WHAT task was he given?

Didn't ask you about any book or the title thereof.
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Dede1(m): 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2012
quid:

I remember when Saro-Wiwa and other Ogoni leaders were killed by Abacha, most elderly people in the SE were like ,"What goes around comes around". I never understood until I found out Saro-Wiwa's involvement in the Abandoned Property poo after the civil war.

Until Southern tribes negotiate their co-existence, they will keep selling each other out and whining about their evident foolishness and lack of political sagacity.

There is nothing to negotiate among southern Nigeria’s ethnic groups. It must be to your tents all ethnic groups. Ndigbo must be ready to fight for Igbo land and must engage in more aggressive measures in the face of Nigeria disintegration.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Dede1(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2012
T9ksy:

Haba dendirin, why do you find it so difficult to answer a simple question?

I repeat, did Zik not formed a union with the NPC, as a junior partner? YES or NO?

WHEN was Ademoyega recruited into the coup plan and WHAT task was he given?

Didn't ask you about any book or the title thereof.

Olodo ni Dendirin, NCNC and NPC formed a coalition government as equal partners. Other than the post of Prime Minister, NCNC had more ministers with portfolio than NPC. There was nothing such as junior or senior partnership in the coalition government erected by NCNC and NPC.
You have made me believed you have issues with factual facts. By the way, I urge you to read more about the tangibles during coalition government between NCNC and NPC than lazing around and loud mouthing.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2012
PointB:
hehehehehehehe, I thought you were gloating over the initial post; now you are humping around like an irritated goat, and cussing through your breath. grin grin grin grin How can I blame you? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyway, you are the student here bros, I don't do Nairaland academics. I do the grading! grin grin grin grin grin

Now your assignment: Critically review the comments of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, paying more attention to the highlighted and quoted paragraphs. Your next Nairaland grade depends on your performance. You may start now!

Assignment for me? You must be out of your darn cotton picking mind..

I don't have time for ethnic mudslinging, that's for kids - I was just trying to teach you how to be an academic..

But hey, each to their own. undecided
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by DuduNegro: 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dede1:

Olodo ni Dendirin, NCNC and NPC formed a coalition government as equal partners. Other than the post of Prime Minister, NCNC had more ministers with portfolio than NPC. There was nothing such as junior or senior partnership in the coalition government erected by NCNC and NPC.
You have made me believed you have issues with factual facts. By the way, I urge you read more about the tangibles during coalition government between NCNC and NPC than lazing around and loud mouthing.

Dede, if this is true, then it would mean that the level of corruption which formed the basis for the Igbo coup plot and assassinations was present in the formations which constituted the power coalition/partnership in close ratio numbers; and hence the grievance and unleash of guns and bullets should equally have claimed those it did, in addition to Igbos. So why were there no Igbo casualty if indeed Igbo enjoyed equitable partnership in government and corruption?
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by joeyfire(m): 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2012
coolFixed
dayokanu:

Is it not expected that Sanusi Lamido a prince of kano would say things to defend their agelong slaves Descendants of notable ones like Akintola, Awoniyi, Tunde Idiagbon, Oladipo Diya, Arisekola etc
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by T9ksy(m): 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dede1:

You have made me believed you have issues with factual facts. By the way, I urge you read more about the tangibles during coalition government between NCNC and NPC than lazing around and loud mouthing.

Equal partner ke? Like i said last time i crossed path with you, you are a shameless pathological liar![/b]You just can't help yourself!!

Which one is equal partner? NPC had the most vote from the 3 major parties and could therefore form a govt with either AG or the NCNC so where do you get

this "equal partner" BS from? And we all know that Awo will never have formed a union with the sardunna as they both were poles apart, ideologically.Never mind

as a junior partner.

I noticed that you conveniently avoided answering the question about Ademoyega. Is it because you don't know or because you can smell the hole you are digging

for yourself is getting deeper? I know very soon you will scurry back into your sad delusional and misplaced hate-filled dungeon you have unconsciously dug for

yourself as a consequence of the battering you lot got in the last civil war.

[b]Once again, i ask you when was Ademoyega recruited and what part did he play in the coup?
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by MrGlobe(m): 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2012
I appreciate the igbo people that have done justice to this recycle bin thread. Ordinally i woudnt reply to threads like this. It would only have bee useful for azz wiping if it came in a paper format. The author is probably overwhelmed by the oil in his soup before jumping into this article and claming Niger Delta. No Niger Deltan cares about Yoruba people. None. Mention. Another coward act fro the coward people

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Dede1(m): 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Dede, if this is true, then it would mean that the level of corruption which formed the basis for the Igbo coup plot and assassinations was present in the formations which constituted the power coalition/partnership in close ratio numbers; and hence the grievance and unleash of guns and bullets should equally have claimed those it did, in addition to Igbos. So why were there no Igbo casualty if indeed Igbo enjoyed equitable partnership in government and corruption?

One of the redundant problems you seemed to embrace is to paint the issue of January 15, 1966 episode in tribal colors. I shall not attempt to hold brief for the January 15, 1966 army boys but will try to proffer educated reasons. Unlike your wild assumption on the ratio of ministers in NCNC and ethnicity, more Yoruba would have been killed than Igbo because of the number of Yoruba ministers under NCNC and NPC/NNDP agreement. 1966 NCNC was not all about Igbo.

However, I honestly think the coup plotters targeted ministries and individuals they thought precipitated much nepotism, financial improprieties and fanned ember of tribalism in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by aljharem(m): 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2012
*Yawn*

Typical Igbo person, never accept responsibility for their leaders inaction, triators of the south and double mouthed. Always blaming others

@ PointB thanks for the article of Sanusi. This has not done justice to this thread.

I for one would speak as a yoruba man in this case and I can categorically tell you that Yorubas don't even dislike or have anything against Igbos. All that have befallen Igbo nation today even to discrimination in places like Cameroon, Balysea, Jos, Benin republic, Rivers etc is all due to your tribalistic and hateful nature towards the Yorubas which has backfired. Sorry to say but that is the truth.

Until likes of you calm down and tell yourselves the undiluted truth then you would receive this peace with others.

Anyway continue with your idiocy, anytime you are being hated be rest assured that Lagos, Ibandan, Benin city, warri and Akure are there for you to migrate to. Thanks

Note, this message is for tribalistic hateful idi..ots and not for sensible people. Thanks
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Chyz2: 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2012
alj harem: *Yawn*

Typical Igbo person, never accept responsibility for their leaders inaction, triators of the south and double mouthed. Always blaming others

@ PointB thanks for the article of Sanusi. This has not done justice to this thread.

I for one would speak as a yoruba man in this case and I can categorically tell you that Yorubas don't even dislike or have anything against Igbos. All that have befallen Igbo nation today even to discrimination in places like Cameroon, Balysea, Jos, Benin republic, Rivers etc is all due to your tribalistic and hateful nature towards the Yorubas which has backfired. Sorry to say but that is the truth.

Until likes of you calm down and tell yourselves the undiluted truth then you would receive this peace with others.

Anyway continue with your idiocy, anytime you are being hated be rest assured that Lagos, Ibandan, Benin city, warri and Akure are there for you to migrate to. Thanks

Note, this message is for tribalistic hateful idi..ots and not for sensible people. Thanks

You are wrong. Igbos go about their business. We don't bother or care about yorubas or what you do with yourselves. That's just the truth. We all know that. It's just when you people stick your noses into our business or do some coward stff to us then thats when we jump at you. It is not the same for yoruba. Even here in the diaspora, you people can not live without letting Igbo come out of your mouths. It's pathetic really because you all do it,lol. The average Igbo family don't every worry about you all that's why it amazes me how yoruba families ALWAYS got something to say about Ndi Igbo. I'm like man-up and let the insecurities go and mind your own businesses.smh.

8 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by PointB: 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2012
@Ahj_hatred,
The appropriate response to your sick post has been made by my bro Chy*.

I have no time for your idiocy!

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by PointB: 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2012
@Ahj_hatred,
The appropriate response to your sick post has been made by my bro Chyz*.

I have no time for your idiocy!
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by manchy7531: 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
i have read this article before,it is as old as nairaland itself.it could have been valid if the OP posted it before ojukwu's death but after ojukwu's death,any malicious article towards the igbos and ojukwu is invalid because ojukwu have been vindicated and the so called backstabbers are the ones clamoring for true federalism or succession.hypocrite!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by T9ksy(m): 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2012
Chyz*:

[s]You are wrong. Igbos go about their business. We don't bother or care about yorubas or what you do with yourselves. That's just the truth. We all know that. It's just when you people stick your noses into our business or do some coward stff to us then thats when we jump at you. It is not the same for yoruba. Even here in the diaspora, you people can not live without letting Igbo come out of your moves. It's pathetic really because you all do it,lol. The average Igbo family don't every worry about you all that's why it amazes my how yoruba families ALWAYS got something to say about Ndi Igbo. I'm like man-up and let the insecurities go and mind your own businesses.smh[/s].

What a load of tripe!
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by EzeUche(m): 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
Chyz*:

You are wrong. Igbos go about their business. We don't bother or care about yorubas or what you do with yourselves. That's just the truth. We all know that. It's just when you people stick your noses into our business or do some coward stff to us then thats when we jump at you. It is not the same for yoruba. Even here in the diaspora, you people can not live without letting Igbo come out of your moves. It's pathetic really because you all do it,lol. The average Igbo family don't every worry about you all that's why it amazes my how yoruba families ALWAYS got something to say about Ndi Igbo. I'm like man-up and let the insecurities go and mind your own businesses.smh.

Correct post!

Igbos do not even mention Yorubas at Igbo events. And why should we?

4 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by T9ksy(m): 10:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
EzeUche:

Correct post!

Igbos do not even mention Yorubas at Igbo events. And why should we?

And yorubas mention igbos at their events?

Geez! you guys are just unbelievable!!!

Eni abata ka fi owo e ra atupa si eyinkule ton ni owon ni omo ajitonowo-

Pesin wey man fo sell take the proceeds buy lantern put for backyard [/b]wey dey

talk say hin bi the pesin wey dey amuse himself with [b]electricity

I don't blame you guys o, afterall na ONE NIGERIA cause am!!!
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by EzeUche(m): 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2012
T9ksy:

And yorubas mention igbos at their events?

Geez! you guys are just unbelievable!!!

E

From what I have seen, Yorubas cannot keep the word Igbo off their lips. And I am not talking about ganja.

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by T9ksy(m): 10:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
EzeUche:

From what I have seen, Yorubas cannot keep the word Igbo off their lips. And I am not talking about ganja.

Probably 'cause you guys are just plain irritants!

No wonder, the northerners lets their jihadist swords do the talking.

Very soon, we shall be giving you mofos the "Hausa/fulani treatment".
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Chyz2: 11:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
T9ksy:

Probably 'cause you guys are just plain irritants!

No wonder, the northerners lets their jihadist swords do the talking.

Very soon, we shall be giving you mofos the "Hausa/fulani treatment".

At bolded. Can't wait.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Beaf: 11:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
dayokanu:

M0r0n Does Niger Delta congress write articles? Is there a person called "Niger Delta Congress"?

Is it not individuals like Austin Orette etc who contribute articles to Niger Delta Congress?

E.g Does nairaland write articles? isnt it individuals who write articles on nairaland?

Sir, you are irredeemably daft.
Can you attribute an article posted by an NLer to nairaland? Na wa for fools o!

It is only a fool like you that cannot see that the article you are responding to is titled; "The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress"
Need I say more?

Dude, don't you feel bad being so foolish? shocked
Try not to have kids, bruv. Passing those stup!dity genes to another generation will be a serious crime against humanity.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Chieftain Sponsors Weddings Of 7 Female Idps / 2019: APC Has Indirectly Campaigned For PDP — Bafarawa / More Dankwambo's Aides Dump PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.