Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,451 members, 7,911,108 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 03:16 AM

The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress (12516 Views)

President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari / The Igbo/yoruba Relationship By Austin Orette (Niger-delta) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Afam4eva(m): 11:33pm On Jun 22, 2012
I regret reading that crap of an article. Some people should stop making it seem as if they're been neutral whereas their article reeks of one-sidedness. The stupid authore even went ahead to insult Ojukwu.

God punish the author of the article, the person who opened this thread and anybody who agrees totally with the author.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Juan65: 11:42pm On Jun 22, 2012
740megawatts: Why do some people like derailing threads on NL? It is evident that this write-up has been conclusively summarised in the last two paragraphs.
Where were u when d writer was cooking up his tales by moonlight? So until u read his tales ur brain has been inactive, u better go and reactivate it before u turn to a slowpoke if actually u've not become one.
Instead of u guys be talking ways forward for better relationship among the southerners, u are here saying Zik said, Awo told u, Ojukwu asked u, Abiola sent u, forgetting u're just mentioning dead people. If u're not careful d spirit of the dead will haunt u.

TRUE OR FALSE?

TRUE OR FALSE?

If your answer is true, then it follows the heart of this write-up. However, if you think it is false, please back it up with facts and figures of the period mentioned, not with an over-flogged write-up of Mallam Sanusi which is not representative of the 1957 and 1966 era as presented above. Shikena!!!

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by aljharem(m): 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2012
Chyz*:

You are wrong. Igbos go about their business. We don't bother or care about yorubas or what you do with yourselves. That's just the truth. We all know that. It's just when you people stick your noses into our business or do some coward stff to us then thats when we jump at you. It is not the same for yoruba. Even here in the diaspora, you people can not live without letting Igbo come out of your moves. It's pathetic really because you all do it,lol. The average Igbo family don't every worry about you all that's why it amazes my how yoruba families ALWAYS got something to say about Ndi Igbo. I'm like man-up and let the insecurities go and mind your own businesses.smh.

My brother, I have told you the truth. It is upto you to accept it or run away from it as usual as I stated earlier. Real life I can say 90 % of Yoruba tribalist here would not even be tribalistic but Nairaland turn them to what they are.

Oh I remember how Syxmexx, Jason, Dayokanu, Ileke idi etc all started compare to now. The sooner you Nairaland Igbos realise that Yorubas have nothing against Igbos and infact we are you only allies the better it is for "southern Nigeria" or Nigeria.

Most of you Igbos are just insecure and paranoid when a yoruba man speaks his language or something but NO YORUBA PERSON WOULD SAY THE SAME ABOUT IGBOS fact !!!

All in all, that is the past. The sooner you see US YORUBAS AS YOUR BROTHERS, SISTERS, COUSINS ETC Just as we see Igbos then the better for everyone else.

All this hate and propaganda against yoruba would only end to your demise. FACT ! Just saying

I would never ever support a Yoruba bigot real life or even on cyber world. I hope Ndigbo nairaland can do the same and stop being hypocritical. Thanks for the talk chyz smiley
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by PointB: 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
T9ksy:

Probably 'cause you guys are just plain irritants!

No wonder, the northerners lets their jihadist swords do the talking.

Very soon, we shall be giving you mofos the "Hausa/fulani treatment".

Again, the cheapness of yoruba blood comes to play again (I couldn't care if Gbawe pops an artery), when folks like you celebrate Igbos death in the North and leave your dead unsung like they don't matter at all.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by aljharem(m): 11:55pm On Jun 22, 2012
SMH at those celebrating death
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by aljharem(m): 12:14am On Jun 23, 2012
You see my Igbo nairaland brothers, we can end this enmity (don't know why there is one at the first place). The choice is yours and please I don't buy to the idea of forming new IDs to be tribalistic etc. We should talk with one voice like we did before Nnamdi betrayed made his decision.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Juan65: 12:27am On Jun 23, 2012
[s][/s]
EzeUche:

Correct post!

Igbos do not even mention Yorubas at Igbo events. And why should we?
Good talk
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by odumchi: 12:51am On Jun 23, 2012
afam4eva: I regret reading that crap of an article. Some people should stop making it seem as if they're been neutral whereas their article reeks of one-sidedness. The stupid authore even went ahead to insult Ojukwu.

God punish the author of the article, the person who opened this thread and anybody who agrees totally with the author.

Exactly.

I don't even know why people still bother replying to this guy, knowing his past record of instigation (while simultaneously claiming a lack of bias):

https://www.nairaland.com/910104/which-tribe-owns-lagos
https://www.nairaland.com/910823/understanding-naija-why-yorubas-called
https://www.nairaland.com/918931/sw-most-prosperous-part-naija
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Chyz2: 12:57am On Jun 23, 2012
alj harem:

My brother, I have told you the truth. It is upto you to accept it or run away from it as usual as I stated earlier. Real life I can say 90 % of Yoruba tribalist here would not even be tribalistic but Nairaland turn them to what they are.

Oh I remember how Syxmexx, Jason, Dayokanu, Ileke idi etc all started compare to now. The sooner you Nairaland Igbos realise that Yorubas have nothing against Igbos and infact we are you only allies the better it is for "southern Nigeria" or Nigeria.

Most of you Igbos are just insecure and paranoid when a yoruba man speaks his language or something but NO YORUBA PERSON WOULD SAY THE SAME ABOUT IGBOS fact !!!

All in all, that is the past. The sooner you see US YORUBAS AS YOUR BROTHERS, SISTERS, COUSINS ETC Just as we see Igbos then the better for everyone else.

All this hate and propaganda against yoruba would only end to your demise. FACT ! Just saying

I would never ever support a Yoruba bigot real life or even on cyber world. I hope Ndigbo nairaland can do the same and stop being hypocritical. Thanks for the talk chyz smiley

You don't get it. We DO NOT CARE about how you carry your lives along as long as it doesn't concern us it is fine. You yorubas seem to not think the same way and its a damn shame! Every time you people worry yourselves about Igbo and whats sad is that its your parents that are the causes of it. We have no problems with yorubas and it is evident. This is why we are described as egalitarian. It is in our nature. What beats me is the amount of envy and jealousy you people have for Igbo lol. Its so ridiculous dude that if others(non-nigerians) were to see it they'd they you people were the most insecure people on earth. I seriously think it is a problem that you all have to deal with as a people. We don't have to see you all as an ally just do your own thing and we do ours.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by PaulJohn1: 1:43am On Jun 23, 2012
alj harem:

My brother, I have told you the truth. It is up to you to accept it or run away from it as usual as I stated earlier. Real life I can say 90 % of Yoruba tribalist here would not even be tribalistic but Nairaland turn them to what they are.

My bro you have spoken my mind. I can remember very well the like of 'shymmex' who preached against tribalism when he got to NL 3-4 months ago. But now you can't mention top six tribalist on NL without shymmex on the list, it's a pity. I'm sure the dislike for Igbo here on NL is really not in real life, but I don't know of the vice versa in the East.
I hope tribalist her on NL would be cautious with what they post, because it changes the mind set of younger generation who has never thought of anything of tribalism. I had the same problem at first when I joined NL: I have a very close friend from Imo whom we stay together here in LAG. Suddenly, I started getting cautious with the way I relates with him just because of the right ups here on NL, but was later able to suppress that urge.
I just wish we can all get our head straighten up and do away with all these tribalism thing. The earlier we(Alj harem u inclusive) realise no tribe is a saint the better.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Nobody: 2:05am On Jun 23, 2012
EzeUche:

Correct post!

Igbos do not even mention Yorubas at Igbo events. And why should we?

No, you only infest Yorubaland like ants on a piece of sugar, while claiming to hate them at the same time.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by ACM10: 2:19am On Jun 23, 2012
alj harem:
say 90 % of Yoruba tribalist here would not even be tribalistic but Nairaland turn them to what they are.

Who cares?! undecided
Your warped viewpoint convinced you that Igbos are inborn tribalists.
FYI, whenever Yorubas pokenose into Igbo affairs, they are bound to get aggressive rebuttals. You guys seems not to get this gist. Igbos have people that can match(or even better) u guys in every spheres of life. We don't care about Yorubas! We tends to react when Yorubas cannot contain their arrogance to the extent that it spills into our territory. I repeat, we don't care about Yoruba internal affairs as long as it does not conflict with us or our interests. Since Yoruba refuses to treat Igbos with respect, we are obligated to respond in kind.

Chyz*:

You don't get it. We DO NOT CARE about how you carry your lives along as long as it doesn't concern us it is fine. You yorubas seem to not think the same way and its a damn shame! Every time you people worry yourselves about Igbo and whats sad is that its your parents that are the causes of it. We have no problems with yorubas and it is evident. This is why we are described as egalitarian. It is in our nature. What beats me is the amount of envy and jealousy you people have for Igbo lol. Its so ridiculous dude that if others(non-nigerians) were to see it they'd they you people were the most insecure people on earth. I seriously think it is a problem that you all have to deal with as a people. We don't have to see you all as an ally just do your own thing and we do ours.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by joeyfire(m): 8:07am On Jun 23, 2012
Please you sound like a decent fellow, don't let Alj Harem's wayo infect you. Check his older posts and you'll see he is the architect of 80% of the igbo - yoruba beef on this site over the past two years I've been visiting this site. If you have the energy, go back and read old nairaland posts from years back and you'll see who started the name calling. now you have people joining the fray to defend their tribes and new members who don't know the origin will just assume and defend their own

Paul John:

My bro you have spoken my mind. I can remember very well the like of 'shymmex' who preached against tribalism when he got to NL 3-4 months ago. But now you can't mention top six tribalist on NL without shymmex on the list, it's a pity. I'm sure the dislike for Igbo here on NL is really not in real life, but I don't know of the vice versa in the East.
I hope tribalist her on NL would be cautious with what they post, because it changes the mind set of younger generation who has never thought of anything of tribalism. I had the same problem at first when I joined NL: I have a very close friend from Imo whom we stay together here in LAG. Suddenly, I started getting cautious with the way I relates with him just because of the right ups here on NL, but was later able to suppress that urge.
I just wish we can all get our head straighten up and do away with all these tribalism thing. The earlier we(Alj harem u inclusive) realise no tribe is a saint the better.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by T9ksy(m): 9:38am On Jun 23, 2012
PointB:

Again, the cheapness of yoruba blood comes to play again (I couldn't care if Gbawe pops an artery), when folks like you celebrate Igbos death in the North and leave your dead unsung like they don't matter at all.

No one is celebrating anything here. My take is basically that you ibos are been slaughtered everyday (ok admittedly along with other southerners too), but nevertheless you alll make out like yorubas are your main enemies. In the meantime, you are all over our land making a good living whilst no one is giving you a hard time.Yet all you do is call us names. You all are a bunch of ingrates hence i suggested the hausa/fulani treatment. These guys kill you ibos at the flimsiest of excuse i.e a lorry driver reversing his vehicle over a copy of the koran or someone saw an ibo man wiping his ar.se with pages from the koran! How absurd can one be? Yet you all seem to be preoccupied with the yorubas. The same thing your dead ex-warlord did- he wants nothing to do with north except on the battlefield but when the war commenced what did the mothaxxxx did? Headed for yorubaland with his BLF!
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by T9ksy(m): 9:56am On Jun 23, 2012
ACM10:

Who cares?! undecided
Your warped viewpoint convinced you that Igbos are inborn tribalists.
FYI, whenever Yorubas pokenose into Igbo affairs, they are bound to get aggressive rebuttals. You guys seems not to get this gist. Igbos have people that can match(or even better) u guys in every spheres of life. We don't care about Yorubas! We tends to react when Yorubas cannot contain their arrogance to the extent that it spills into our territory. I repeat, we don't care about Yoruba internal affairs as long as it does not conflict with us or our interests. Since Yoruba refuses to treat Igbos with respect, we are obligated to respond in kind.

Abegi, give an instance where yorubas pokenose into ibo affairs?

As per your claim of matching us in every spheres of life, who cares? Good on you.

Now, can you transform that achievement into your region, please.

How does "yoruba arrogance" spills into your territory when it's a known fact that

there are more of you guys in our region than the other way round?

In fact, its you ibos that come into our territory and start chest-beating about how

you own so much of our territory and therefore deserve political posts, even governorship!

Everything you ibos denunciate us off can easily be discernible in you lot.
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by MrGlobe(m): 10:01am On Jun 23, 2012
^
shut up with this talk of igbos all over your region. Igbos are ONLY in lagos because of seaport and international airport the fg has refused to give us and because you lots would not want them to and also for the fact we made lagos what it is today. We have nothing to do with other Yoruba caves. Get igbos out of your mouth and think of how to civilized your 21st century caves or good still ask mama iyabo for amala to occupy your time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by MrGlobe(m): 10:07am On Jun 23, 2012
alj harem: You see my Igbo nairaland brothers, we can end this enmity (don't know why there is one at the first place). The choice is yours and please I don't buy to the idea of forming new IDs to be tribalistic etc. We should talk with one voice like we did before Nnamdi betrayed made his decision.
and the bigot talks. Nnamdi right? Nothing on awolowo the crafty, coward and betrayist who swore before sango to never see igbos live their lives. You people are just the past. We have moved on, only that we dont want anything to do with a crafty, lazy tribe. A people without credibility

6 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by T9ksy(m): 10:14am On Jun 23, 2012
Mr. Globe:
^
shut up with this talk of igbos all over your region. Igbos are ONLY in lagos because of seaport and international airport the fg has refused to give us and because you lots would not want them [/b]to and also for the fact [b]we made lagos what it is today. We have nothing to do with other Yoruba caves. Get igbos out of your mouth and think of how to civilized your 21st century caves or good still ask mama iyabo for amala to occupy your time.

Sorry mofo, but you can't shut me up. Do you listen to yourself, dude?

Its the yorubas who stopped you ibos from having your own seaport, international a/port.

You ibos made Lagos but unfortunately couldn't replicate the same feat in your "Jungle of the rising sun".

Am sure its the yorubas that made sure you lot could not turn nnewi into the dubia of africa. grin

Now i understand why you lot hate the yorubas so much. Poor you. It must sucks..........

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by MrGlobe(m): 10:25am On Jun 23, 2012
^
and you sound foolish not to know the Federal Government is responsible for the intl airports and seaport in Lagos. Invisible forces from the southwest are preventing them from replicating same in the east because they know the extent of blow it will leave on lagos and its economy. We made onitsha, enugu and aba into viable cities without no single fg intervention. Our ingenuity is legendary not like you lazy party rats. Like I said get igbo business out of your mouths and face your amala and ewedu.

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Malawian(m): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2012
I remember when i was a kid after we just moved into our newly build house. As an aside, i still have these nightmares of awolowo stealing my late father's hard earned monies (kept at the bank after the war) while shouting (at the top of his lungs) his "loot cry" of EGBE OMO ODUDUWA grin grin grin. Back to our new house (built from my father's sweat after such dispossession), i remember that anytime i was playing with the yoruba neighbourhood kids and it degenerated into a near fistcuffs that their fellow yoruba would say OMO IBO NI O and just like that, the "fight" will end and the yoruba kid will proptly behave himself grin grin grin. Till date, i still dont know what the meant by that, and i heard such phrase more than four different times. Which offcourse brings me to my real point. Apparently, yoruba parents taught their kids on how to relate to the igbo kids in the immediate aftermath of the war. Our parents also learnt something new about the yorubas during the war and it was their duty to teach us same lest we fall into the same situation as them. It is also our duty to teach our children the same in order to keep them safe. First and foremost, contrary to what yorubas believe is the reason we wount dine with them with a long spoon, IT IS NOT ABOUT HOW YOU BETRAYED US!!! Even amongst eastern tribes, there were still some that betrayed us yet that has not stopped us from brotherly relations with them. a good example is the ijaw and how we gave them our votes enmass and still support their administration. However, for all their betrayals NONE WENT OUT TO EXTERMINATE US LIKE THE YORUBAS, NOT EVEN THE MIDDLE BELTANS. You yorubas tores us a new one, such that a human being could never expect from a wild animal. If it wasnt "black scorpion" shooting at everything or whatever, it was awolowo starving women and children to death. Even after the war, despite the yorubas stealing all igbo deposits and equities through awolowo, awolowo still not done, went to the extent of poisonning igbo infant formular to kill off our generation EVEN AFTER THE WAR!!! Let me let you yorubas into a little secret you may or may not know. We would sooner co-opt the mulahs in our affairs than you guys! Igbo forgiveness is legendly but if you yorubas will ever earn ours, i believe it is not by playing the ostrich.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by T9ksy(m): 11:16am On Jun 23, 2012
Mr. Globe:
^
and you sound foolish not to know the Federal Government is responsible for the intl airports and seaport in Lagos. Invisible forces from the southwest are preventing them from replicating same in the east because they know the extent of blow it will leave on lagos and its economy. We made onitsha, enugu and aba into viable cities without no single fg intervention. Our ingenuity is legendary not like you lazy party rats. Like I said get igbo business out of your mouths and face your amala and ewedu.

Yorubas are truly formidable o!!! Just imagine it only took invisible forces

from the yorubas to prevent ibos from having their own air and seaports.

Despite their legendary ingenuity and persitant grandstanding, the "lazy party rats" were still able to arrest

their development by stealth. Even when their leaders (ZIK- 1st Republic, Ekwueme-2nd Rep) were bending over

for the aboki fg to ph.ock, the owambish yorubas were still able to truncate their utopia dreams.

Anyway, [b]Lagos is no man's land [/b]and in fact belongs to the ibos who made the city what it is, today.

Yeye people!!!
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by T9ksy(m): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2012
Malawian: Let me let you yorubas into a little secret you may or may not know. [b]We would sooner co-opt the mulahs in our affairs [/b]than you guys! Igbo forgiveness is legendly but if you yorubas will ever earn ours, i believe it is not by playing the ostrich.

Na only today una don dey collaborate with the abokis? see how far it got una.

They still cutting off your dumb obdurate heads with gutso, half a century later.

And who told you the yorubas wants ibo forgiveness? 4 what? We owe you guys, nada.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by MrGlobe(m): 11:59am On Jun 23, 2012
T9ksy:

They still cutting off your dumb obdurate heads with gutso, half a century later.

And who told you the yorubas wants ibo forgiveness? 4 what? We owe you guys, nada.
you owe us nada. Then take your ever stinking mouth off our business. Yes igbos HATE yorubas and it remains like that. We dont care about the tribe!

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by MrGlobe(m): 12:12pm On Jun 23, 2012
T9ksy:

Despite their legendary ingenuity and persitant grandstanding, the "lazy party rats" were still able to [\b]arrest

their development by stealth.[b] Even when their leaders (ZIK- 1st Republic, Ekwueme-2nd Rep) were bending over

for the aboki fg to ph.ock, the owambish yorubas were still able to truncate their utopia dreams.

which development are you talking about here young man? Are you on your usual cheap crack? Ekiti, osun, oyo, ondo are make up the poorest and most backward states in Nigeria because there are no igbo presence in those caves. Which utopia are you talking? Crack utopia? Invisible Yoruba forces yes because you folks are boneless. If we knew them, we would have suppressed them. But they remain invisibly crafty like awo your mentor.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by noiseless: 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2012
Don't decieve yourself, who is transgendered/shymex, jason123, bityend, merengue, lacasa, akpan and many more hate spreading IDs = ALHJI_HATRED HAREM, he has as well countless Igbo fake IDs just to insult others so Igbos will get the blame. NO MATTER HOW HARD transgendered/SHYMEX CLAIMS NOT TO HAVE BEEN TO NIGERIA IN HIS LIFE, HE STILL REMAINS ONE PERSON = ALHJI HATRED HAREM. Sorry pointb i have to borrow your word.
Paul John:

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Malawian(m): 12:24pm On Jun 23, 2012
T9ksy:

exactly!!! You owe us nada! So it is settled then. U can never be our allies let alone our "brother". The deed is done. One more thing, i have to say i am quite impressed as to how you yorubas have remained stedfast in being remorseless about your conducts to the nigerian state. At least, we can say that about you guys; problem has always been knowing what you yorubas stand for.
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by OneNaira6: 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2012
Upon clicking on this thread, I looked up on this thread and I saw the same exact article on a different thread created in 2011. LMFAO, how funny the moderator did not close this thread talking about it’s a double post as they do with any thread concerning other region be it SE, SS, MB, etc. From what I gathered from some of the older replies, this article has been recycled since the opening of NL. What year was that again? I have definitely stumbled onto threads that were created in 2006 so probably NL is older than 2006. ROFLMFAO. BTW some group honestly need to stop mischievous in their act. How is this man a representation of ND congress? Does he speak for me? No. My family? No. Now does he speak for my uncle and cousin’s wife whom btw are not Igbo? No. Does he speak for my best friend and his family whom yet again are not Igbo? No. Is he speaking for anyone else beside himself?

Did anyone bother to read the article if so, am I the only one that saw nothing but contradiction and excuses made for the fool Awo filled in the entire article. The first excuse: Awolowo was already in jail before Biafra war therefore when they released him he had no other choice but to join Nigerian army so in away the author is telling us the Nigerian army made him do it. I suppose Nigerian Army told him to suggest the starving of people too abi. The author then moved on to the second excuse: Ojukwu came to see Awolowo during his imprisonment and supposedly tried to warn Ojukwu but at the same time telling Ojukwu, he supports him. A major contradiction that in no way changes the accusation of Awolowo being a two-faced fool. If you do not support someone, do not pledge any support to him. Take a look at APGA, no group in APGA other than the northern involved in APGA supports ACN and despite ACN trying their desperate act to turn APGA members, the east apga refuse in he11 to pledge support to CAN that is how you deal with someone you do not support. Do not f2king pledge supports knowing fully well you disagree completely with the said person in question. Anyway, the author then when on to tell us Awolowo was one man therefore he did not speak for Yoruba when he pledge this support. Okay we’ve heard . After saying that part suprisly enough, he yet again contradicted himself and called Awolowo "leaders" of Yoruba. So which one do we believe is he a leader in the community or one man with absolutely no voice in the community? I laugh in Nigeria. I actually regret reading this article, it was a waste of my time and on top of that a slap to my grandfather’s face. Maybe he should come, tell my grandfather what his offense was when he was brought out, and shot in cold blood by Nigerian army or maybe he should go and tell the Igbo murdered in north and west before the Biafra war what their offenses were. No matter what excuses, no matter what contradiction, no matter what, it is still does not change Awolwo skin from a two-faced criminal burning in he11 to a saint.

By the way, some people must think we are fools or that no one is watching the events transcribing in front of us. Few months ago Fulani refugees were dropped in Calabar and or Akwa-ibom, the entire Ibibio, Igbo and other southern community on NL screamed for their deportation back to north. Who did we see shouting "aren't they Nigerians too, blah blah bullsh1t", was it not the Yoruba members on NL. What political party from the south is making alliances with northern political party? is it not SW yet this author on the article is talking about joining hands to separate ourselves from the north despite the people he telling us to join hands with aren't really doing much to prove they want such reality of "separation from northern oligarchy". This man must think people are blind or maybe he is high as f2k when he wrote this article. No way had ganja done this he must be smoking meth. While we are on this hand joining things? Why oh why should Igbo join hands with anyone to fight the big bad northern wolf? When the north was biting Igbo yansh, una did not see the oppression but now they are biting all of una yansh that is when una see their oppression. ROFLMBAO. As far as Igbo are concern, there is no difference between SW and north, they are just two birds of the same feather and as far as we are concern, there is no joining hand with either group to push either group out. Una are going to suffer the north just like the rest of us. Best belief that. We aren't helping jack because we are aware the so-called unity of south is nothing but a fallacy.

Lastly, I keep hearing about this relationship Biafra war broke between Igbo and Yoruba and I must ask what relationship are you people talking about? Last time I checked there was never any relationship between Igbo and Yoruba be it historically, before biafra war and after biafra war therefore how can the war break something that was never there. Even einstein cannot figure out an impossible task like this. The only people that have right to talk of relationship broken due to Biafra war is the entire eastern communities be it Igbo, ijo, Ibibio, etc. Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by micklplus(m): 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2012
Whaooooo! The level of hate and tribalism in Naija and on Nairaland is just unbelievable!!!!!

Whar have we achieved with hate and tribalism?
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2012
Paul John:

How am I tribalist? And when did it become a crime to become conscious about my tribe?

At the end of the day, when I first came on NL, I never registered as a Yoruba - I did so as a Nigerian.. Because that was how I was raised.. My two closest friends are Igbos - one is Delta Igbo, and the other one is an NWAFOR (but I don't know his state of origin, and he doesn't even care about Igbo to be honest) - and igbos on here should know what a NWAFOR is... These are the people I grew up with, and nothing, not even NL's resident bigots can break that bond..

You don't expect me to sit there, and just take in the amount of vitriol spewed against Yoruba by almost every Igbo poster on this forum.. These people are inbred jealous dimwits, and I'm happy NL has provided a platform for me to see how hateful they are... They blame everybody in the world for their problems except themselves, and I personally think only cowards who do that... You've to be able to take responsibilities for your own shortcomings - but nah, it's never their fault.. If it's not Yoruba - it's Ijaw, Hausa, Fulani, Middle Belt, Edo, Urhobo, Calabar, Ikwerre etc.

What broke the camel's back is their foolishness in trying to lay claim to my home state... Call me whatever name, but stay clear off my home state... How can any sensible person say Lagos is no man's land, when there are people who are indigenous to the place?? I've never claimed any Igbo state as no man's land, why should someone try to claim mine

I don't care if you call a tribalist or not, just stay clear off my Lagos... When the sh1t hits the fan, we would know who owns Lagos... But for now, as long as they mention any stupidity about the land of my ancestors - I'll always be in my attack mode, keep Lagos out your mouth, and I'll ignore every vitriol you spew..

Finally, I'll like to thank all the igbo tribalists and bigots on NL for making me more conscious about my tribe... I didn't really care about Yoruba before joining NL to be honest, but NL has made me more aware of my tribal lineage - and who the enemies are.. cool

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by OneNaira6: 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2012
shymmex:

How am I tribalist? And when did it become a crime to become conscious about my tribe?

Maybe you should recheck all your post. While at that recheck all your post in your other ids that we so far know of which includes bittenyend, the OP of this thread, arole-odua and the future ones will eventually find out and then come back and re-ask this question if you still they wonder why EVERYONE calls you a tribalist. Now this dude has igbo bestfriends and he was not aware of tribe before joining NL. Was this not the dude that opened a thread talking about how his friends were all about tribe and before the opening of that thread he said the opposite story concerning his friend. Dude you change your stories so many times, I doubt any of them are real.

Oh by the way, let me just do this for you so you don't waste your breath

I'm not bitteyend.
I'm not the OP
I'm not blah blah.

You can add more of your denials yet hopelessly forgetting how to change your writing style when you pretend to be someone else in those ids.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2012
Mr. Globe:

which development are you talking about here young man? Are you on your usual cheap crack? Ekiti, osun, oyo, ondo are make up the poorest and most backward states in Nigeria because there are no igbo presence in those caves. Which utopia are you talking? Crack utopia? Invisible Yoruba forces yes because you folks are boneless. If we knew them, we would have suppressed them. But they remain invisibly crafty like awo your mentor.

You seem to be the one on the cheap crack. You may want to take a trip to the remotest village in Ekiti and see if you will not find an ibo there. The fact that every Ekenedilli Chuckwu leaving iboland is heading to Lagos does not mean ibos are are not present in every nook and cranny of Yorubaland.
Re: The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress by T9ksy(m): 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2012
Mr. Globe:

you owe us nada. Then take your ever stinking mouth off our business. Yes [b]igbos HATE yorubas [/b]and it remains like that. We dont care about the tribe!

Thanks for stating an obvious state of affairs but unfortunately Yorubas don't

Hate you ibos as we consider you unworthy of such an emotion.

Malawian: exactly!!! You owe us nada! So it is settled then. [b]U can never be our allies let alone our "brother". [/b]The deed is done. One more thing, i have to say i am quite impressed as to how you yorubas have remained stedfast in being remorseless about your conducts to the nigerian state. At least, we can say that about you guys; problem has always been knowing what you yorubas stand for.

Allies/brothers ke! You must be having a laugh!!!Whatever gave you that impression?

We know what we believe in and don't care what or where you lot think we stand.

Mr. Globe:

And i suppose the richest and most developed states in the country are the 5 SE states on account of

majority ibo presence therein, huh. You guys never cease assaulting our eardrums with your Biafran dreams but when ask to go

and actualised your so called utopia, you start dragging your feet. BH are killing you lot in droves in their region yet you guys

are reluctant to head back to your "Jungle of the rising sun".

Yorubas are here to stay and there's nothing legions of you mofos can do to alter that fact.

Suppress who? Was that why your slimy zik of africa (sic!) wanted to rule over us in '53 or

the monkey-looking im.becilic Ojukwu headed for our territory in his war of vengence with the hausa/fulanis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alleged Killer Of General Shuwa Killed / NASS Principal Officers: Tension As Competing Camps Await Tinubu, APC’s Nod / We’ll Stop And Search Aregbesola’s Convoy - Senator Omisore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.