Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,485 members, 7,944,403 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 03:41 PM

Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding (4979 Views)

When A Girl Plays A Fast One On A Guy But It Backfires / Photos:when You Ask An Ibo Girl To Send You A Picture Of Her Lying Down / 15 Things A Girl Wants From Her Guy But Won't Ask For: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 03, 2007
na only his sisters dey demand now, you just wait until he has to send monthly allowance to his parents, school fees for his cousins and buy schnapps for his aged uncles and aunts in the village. Na then your eye go clear well well.
Leave the fellow . . . grin i've got igbo family too and trust me, it never gets better only worse.

Like an uncle of mine used to say, a man's FIRST priorities are to his wife and kids, all others come a distant second. If your bf isnt ready to understand this biblical truth then carry leg waka small. Love will tide you over for no more than 2yrs after marriage, after that issues like this are likely to determine if your marriage goes up or down.
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by chidichris(m): 9:21am On Dec 03, 2007
my dear,
u mentioned it here that he is ready to do anything for u so why worry urself about him taking care of his sisters.
by the way, do u have brothers? how are they close to u? how demanding are u to him? do u believe that girls shld depend more on their brothers to survive or depend on boyfriends or possibly jump from one man to the other to survive.
my dear, count urself lucky if his sisters like u. i am ready to let go if u advice me against giving to my sisters. have u thought about their family upbringing.
it is advicable that u join him in making his sisters happy and by so doing he will love u the more for doing the things that will make him happy otherwise quite because ur happiness will be short with him if u go into marriage.
for me, my sisters are too precious that i will distance myself from u as soon as u mention ur oposition to that.
pls do not try changing his mind against his sisters because they could mean happiness to him.
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 10:24am On Dec 03, 2007
Sisters still hounding their brothers despite the fact that they get salaries themselves. Pathetic

If you love yourself, you had better leave. Families can become unbearable especially in Nigeria

thanks u r the only one who seems to understand my point of view,am not controlling anyone.just want to be sure of wat am getting myself into.
As for your question??yes i got a job and am not one of those good samaritan girls cheesy
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 10:42am On Dec 03, 2007
@ cidi chris
by the way, do u have brothers? how are they close to u? how demanding are u to him?

i mentioned i had brothers and we are very close too,i cant bring myself to be a parasite to them,in addition i have a job?its not fair at all to do such to people.
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 10:58am On Dec 03, 2007
@kkyce
whats your problem.if he is not to give them who will?

obviously u are one of those gals who will want to be a madam in her brothers house from her matrimnial home!!!!!and i can bet u r the type who wont tolerate dat in your own realationship.

in addition u r very greedy if u have a JOB and u r still a parasite to ur own brother who is trying to make ends meet and plan his future? thank GOD u r a woman u will see dis kind of thing happen TO YOU
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 11:10am On Dec 03, 2007
@ PRESIDO

So play your card well if you want him

AM NOT GOING TO YIELD TO THE MANIPULATIONS OF GIRLS
LIKE MI, HE IS NOT MY SUPPLY LINE FOR FUNDS.[b]I HAVE A JOB![/b]THESE ARE THE TYPE OF LADIES THAT WILL COME UNNANOUCED TO YOUR HOUSE WEN U R MARRIED,AND ENTER YOUR KITCHEN ANY HOW IN THE NAME OF ITS MY BROTHERS HOUSE,MY BROTHERS MONEY,WE WERE CLOSE B4 U CAME INTO THE PICTURE, B'COS HE FAILED TO DRAW THE LINE
NO LADY LIKES DAT!
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 11:30am On Dec 03, 2007
@ ROMEO
U SOUND LIKE THE TYPE DAT WILL LAZY AROUND,AND HAVE EYES HIS BROTHERS HARD EARNED MONEY,EVEN WEN U HAVE A JOB,AM SO SORRY 4 U.
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by romeo(m): 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2007
milkyway:

@ ROMEO
You SOUND LIKE THE TYPE DAT WILL LAZY AROUND,AND HAVE EYES HIS BROTHERS HARD EARNED MONEY,EVEN WEN You HAVE A JOB,AM SO SORRY 4 You.

Nooooooooooooo!!!! point of correction. Sorry for your self no be me
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2007
@ ROMEO
VERY FUNNY.LEARN TO B INDEPENDENT OF PEOPLE AND TEACH YOUR SISTERS SAME lipsrsealed
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2007
@ CHIDI CHRIS

it is advicable that u join him in making his sisters happy and by so doing he will love u the more for doing the things that will make him happy otherwise quite because your happiness will be short with him if u go into marriage.

GALS LIKE MI DAT VE JOBS? I SHULD ALSO JOIN AND SPLIT MY SALARY FOR THEM TOO.? COS I WANT TO MARRY THEIR BROTHER?THANK You VERY MUCH

You TOO You DNT KNOW URELF!!!!
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by Dreloaded(f): 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2007
milkyway, glad you are at least thinking things out and not letting love blind you.

you should consider david's advice as well.
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2007
@davidylan

thanks for your advise and thanx for understanding my

situation. u re one of the few dat understand my post, its not easy oh,
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2007
@ chidi chris
my dear,
u mentioned it here that he is ready to do anything for u so why worry yourself about him taking care of his sisters

permit mi to call u a fool(LOW LIFE PARASITE),can u read your post?the sisters are tearing him apart with demands and i shuld do same?
yes he is ready to do anything 4 mi,but i should also join his sisters to bury him early abi?am not as illiterate as u and your family.d young man is just coming up and u want to rip him apart to satisfy yourself
   MAY GOD DELIVER   You undecided
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by romeo(m): 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2007
milkyway:

@ ROMEO
VERY FUNNY.LEARN TO B INDEPENDENT OF PEOPLE AND TEACH YOUR SISTERS SAME lipsrsealed

I am the type that feeds kids like you, if your mouth is running like a loose water tap why not go and settle your issue alone instead of coming here to pester us with your lousy story
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2007
@ ROMEO

U R ONE OF THOSE NFA IBO BOYZ DT WAIT TO POUNCE ON PPLES
WEALTH,MY DEAR GO WORK HARD 4 UR OWN, U DNT WANT TO WORK,BUT U WANT BRODA TO GIVE U ALL,BRODA HAS HIS WIFE AND FAMILY TO THINK OF,COMMOT EYE 4RM PEOPLE THING,

PEOPLE LIKE U MAKE PEOPLE RUN AWAY 4RM IBO PEOPLE
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by romeo(m): 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2007
milkyway:

@ ROMEO

You R ONE OF THOSE NFA IBO BOYZ DT WAIT TO POUNCE ON PPLES
WEALTH,MY DEAR GO WORK HARD 4 UR OWN, You DNT WANT TO WORK,BUT You WANT BRODA TO GIVE You ALL,BRODA HAS HIS WIFE AND FAMILY TO THINK OF,COMMOT EYE 4RM PEOPLE THING,

PEOPLE LIKE You MAKE PEOPLE RUN AWAY 4RM IBO PEOPLE

Summary= Childish
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by ifyalways(f): 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2007
milky way i still wonder why you are getting unnecessarily worked up here.if you think you cant put up with the sisters attitudes and never be part of it as you are not a good samaritanwhy dont you take a walk.there are lots of guys out there without sisters or none demending sisters from other tribes in nigeria that would be willing to manage you. wink wink

come to think of it,is the guy complaining?have you ever sat yourself down to ask why its like that?has it ever crossed your unsamaritain mind that your guy might have done same to the sisters?

abeg fishes full ocean jare,you cant stay carry waka jejejely.nobody send anybody message.hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by presido1: 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2007
Oviously you brought your concern here cos you have adviced him and he did not seek your advice. Its either you leave him and the sisters or you take him as you have seen him. Must you marry him him? i guess no.
Why are you so worked up, You just want to beef igbo gyls and nothing more. Mind you if you finally marry him your daughters will be igbo gyls as well.
Dont impose yourself on him their are many non-igbos out there looking for gyls. Check them out you might be lucky to find one that suits you!! maybe only child if thats is what you are looking for.
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by kojeiwa(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2007
The problem is on your Guy. Long as your Guy is willing to give to his sisters, they will always come

back for more. No matter how much his sisters makes. Some people could be nice to a fault.

Maybe by the time the sisters get married, they will leave him alone. He seem to like playing the BIG brother role

and taking it too serious. If he is giving his sister money to buy material things, i wouldn't support that at all,

since the girls are working as well.

Questions:

Does he complain he is broke?
Is he playing his own role as a boyfriend financially?
How old are his sisters you are taking about?

If the fact that he is giving money to his younger sisters is making other things go wrong, them you

should be worried and talk to him about it, but don't make it a problem. If not, let him keep up his good

work as a BIG brother,sooner or later all this will stop, maybe by the time they get married or he thinks he has done

enough. Don't make him think you are a bad or greedy girl, that might affect his decision to marry you. If you really

love him and would want to marry him, try to be patient and understanding. Don't get married and expect

things to change, you will be deceiving yourself. I am a Edo boy, so i am just advising you as a brother.

The Igbo people here are not advicing you, rather they are retaliating, because you making it a tribal issue.
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by omoge(f): 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2007
David said it all.
Girl, find your way o. Na small small the thing dey start. some guys don't know how to say no when it comes to their siblings or extended families because they want to be ''nice''

me na only son and no relative bobo i go take o  grin
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by Dreloaded(f): 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2007
[quote author=omoge link=topic=97501.msg1742735#msg1742735 date=1196700586
me na only son and no relative bobo i go take o grin
[quote][/quote]

Those ones are the worst. "only son" or "only child" are recipe for disasters cos instead of the siblings being the ones to annoy you. It's the damn mother. Since he;'s the only son or kid, the mom will be around you two 24/7

God Forbid.
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by omoge(f): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2007
D R,

i forgot to add,  only when the mother is gone   grin grin

better yet one should develop that gbagbati grin
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by omoge(f): 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2007
i just remembered a thread where someone was saying in that particular tribe, the lady will pursue you and your mama out of your own house grin
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 10:22am On Dec 04, 2007
@ kojeiwa
my brother,its good to know dat i ve my broda ere
thanks for ur response,sincerely i noticed d ibo pple were
trying to get back at mi rather than help,but its ok

as per the questions u raised

Does he complain he is broke?
Is he playing his own role as a boyfriend financially?
How old are his sisters you are taking about?

yes,he complains constantly about being broke,i even help out .he cant afford to buy his personal stuff and even make his place look nice,and these gals dont care,all they care about is money.if the gals actually love him,they would want him to improve in his life style. and they work??they have jobs?? its shocking!!!

when he is always caught up with demands and cant improve his life style of course u know the result,

as per the last question they are above 26yrs old.
ve bin very patient,also i try to make him understand that he needs to save money to make his own home.
if i see things are not changing,my brother i'll move on.cos i hear ibo gals r like dat.and from theiir replies to this post its obviously true
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 10:34am On Dec 04, 2007
@ presido

You just want to beef igbo gyls and nothing more. Mind you if you finally marry him your daughters will be igbo gyls as well.

no doubt they will become ibo gals but with a difference,because they ve an edo upbringing too.which will neutralise that sense of dependence on siblings,even when they ve  jobs grin.everything boils down to sheer greed,and a
terrible mentality.BUT u dont want to accept it.

also u fail to see the part were i say the gals ve JOBS,they WORK
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by dot2002(m): 10:52am On Dec 04, 2007
what you got in man is a little strange to me, i can tell you this though don't go in to this one because you will never like the sisters and they will never like you. Nothing will change because family will always be more important than you, if he was jail today for 20 years you will leave tomorrow, forget i love him so much crap, his family will be there for him no matter what.
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 11:11am On Dec 04, 2007
@ dot2002

if he was jail today for 20 years you will leave tomorrow, forget i love him so much crap, his family will be there for him no matter what.

thanks very much,theres no point getting married 4 u at all,if dats ur idea of better for worse.just remain single, live in ur fathers house,dont start a family of ur own and i bet u,it will be so much fun! :-XHISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by dot2002(m): 11:18am On Dec 04, 2007
XHISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS that word is not in Google. But hiss like hatred with passion is actually in the bible ''The merchants among the people shall hiss at thee." (Ezek 27: 36), just don't let your poison get to me its fine at a distance. wink and if you want her to go into this one and stick it out with the sisters she's welcome too but know that marriage is a marathon. You have not started yet and you could see enemies, 20 years time they will support their brother to marry another woman or worse throw you out without blinking an eyelid. If there's not love between the families don't go into it, There are load of men in Nigeria ready to settle down with the right woman. men controlled by another person that is not there wife is a no no.
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by milkyway: 11:35am On Dec 04, 2007
@ dot2002

like i said before,dont get married!

secondly,even the devil quoted bible 4 jesus so,

lastly if u are born again,u wont talk about a woman leaving her

husband if he is jailed.so, lipsrsealed
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by dot2002(m): 11:38am On Dec 04, 2007
based on this thread in which you asked specifically for intervention from forum users, you are are not married, and if he's jailed today for a small matter of 20years you will leave unless you prefer Love Machine to the real stingy-thingy, plz u can change it to married rather than dating, miss fake azz born wuru wuru born again and again. Just leave a family alone, you are the outsider and they don't like you simple, i shouldn't have to spell it out like this, but you asked for it. cry cry cry cry
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by romeo(m): 11:48am On Dec 04, 2007
milkyway:

@ presido

You just want to beef igbo gyls and nothing more. Mind you if you finally marry him your daughters will be igbo gyls as well.

no doubt they will become ibo gals but with a difference,because they ve an edo upbringing too.which will neutralise that sense of dependence on siblings,even when they ve jobs grin.everything boils down to sheer greed,and a
terrible mentality.BUT u don't want to accept it.

also u fail to see the part were i say the gals ve JOBS,they WORK

Do you want to send them to Italy or Belgium to work for you?? grin grin

Go to your village and marry one of your own and end the whole wahala of Igbo people wink wink
Re: Dating An Ibo Guy But His Sisters Are Demanding by rotimy(m): 11:50am On Dec 04, 2007
Thank God for opening your eyes early enough to know that you are entering a bonded family. Your worst mistake is to fence them off. Their combine power can sweep you off and they can even prevent tne marriage from taking off. See how you can accomodate and befriend them so that in the days of crisis in your marriage , they will stand by you. All responsible African men carter for their sisters. How much are their salaries?                   You guy is my hero.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rejections And Relationships / Can You Do This In Public? / You're Never A Fan Of Pre-Wedding Pics, Check This Out & You'll Give A Chainsaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.