Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,266 members, 7,887,776 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:42 PM

Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) (39210 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Photo Of Buhari,Gov. Rochas Okorocha And Ngige Laughing So Hard At Each Other / Governor Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shoki At APC Rally In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by nagoma(m): 5:39am On Jun 27, 2012
niddamugu: Chei!!! The woman don hammer! At least 1m per corn! And I hope the press & camera men would someday capture him using public conveniences too. angry angry angry

Except there is no public convenience in Nigeria . It would be nice to , one day, see public conveniences provided by his government.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by bakenda(m): 6:31am On Jun 27, 2012
He sabi select o!
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Abioyeadewale: 6:33am On Jun 27, 2012
2good:

Its all for the camera
Gov. Bukola Saraki did dsame thin when in his time as a kwara state gov, but later he later steal kwaran money nd ran away. Lol dnt mind them o, then be thiev. Ole buruku.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Bodmas06: 6:57am On Jun 27, 2012
bonetalk: Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti-State did thesame under the platform of PDP.
Thank you.you took the word from my mouth.Ayo Fayose wil buy anything buyable at the road side.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Ukpaianthony(m): 7:00am On Jun 27, 2012
I like it,But I ve issues Him,What's the essence of carrying the Cameraman,that's also signifies he has his Adc within,possibly Disguised,It not New,Bola Tinubu of Lagos state did it,He should keep up the Good work,Don't be carried away friends.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Asekere(m): 7:01am On Jun 27, 2012
Posting Cock and Bull stories is one thing that would not benefit anyone here. How does buying roasted corns improves the lives of taxpayers in Owerri and Imo state at large? He probably felt like eating corn and he went for it, so what is the BIG deal?..this post is a shared and massive waste of time, energy and resources...
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by inene: 7:28am On Jun 27, 2012
Just one question. IF this was not scripted why the video Cameraman capturing the 'act' for posterity. Governor likes clowning and this is one of his acts. As long as he continues to run a one man show in the name of adminsitration i will not take him seriously. The people of Imo are crying out for deliverance for a man who has no respect for the rule of law.

1 Like

Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by mbulela: 7:36am On Jun 27, 2012
I have always questioned the sanity of this man.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Obijulius: 7:46am On Jun 27, 2012
mekaboy: THE ISSUE IS NOT ABOUT BUYING CORN, THE QUESTION IS, WHY WILL A FULL GROWN NIGERIAN WOMAN BE SELLING CORN BY THE ROAD SIDE FOR A LIVING ? THAT WOMAN SHOULD HAVE BEEN WORKING SOMEWHERE. DO YOU KNOW THAT HER BUSINESS CAPITAL IS NOT MORE THAN N500?

I BELIEVE NIGERIA IS GETTING BETTER SHA .

Goat, the same reason a full grown man sells burger & hot doggs on ny's sixth avenue.
Get a lyf or die tryin.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Caesar1988(m): 7:51am On Jun 27, 2012
olafolarin: Rochas is obviously suffering from "Assumed Office Dementia".
u r sick in d anus
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by PointB: 7:54am On Jun 27, 2012
mekaboy: THE ISSUE IS NOT ABOUT BUYING CORN, THE QUESTION IS, WHY WILL A FULL GROWN NIGERIAN WOMAN BE SELLING CORN BY THE ROAD SIDE FOR A LIVING ? THAT WOMAN SHOULD HAVE BEEN WORKING SOMEWHERE. DO YOU KNOW THAT HER BUSINESS CAPITAL IS NOT MORE THAN N500?

I BELIEVE NIGERIA IS GETTING BETTER SHA .

Let us respect and appreciate dignity in labour. Roasted corns has to be sold my someone, if the 'full grown' woman take it upon herself to sell corn obtained from her backyard garden, farm or from other sources to support her family, or aid her children education, she deserves commendation. Or would you rather she straps bomb vest on her body, grab an AK47, and join forces with Boko Haram? Let's be real, not everyone will get a full time job, not matter their level of education, even if unemployment is 1%.

@topic,
Rochas is a down to earth fellow; when he is not encouraging indigent pupils to go to school for free, he is constructing roads in rural areas, or asking civil servants to serve the people - not sit around in offices waiting for the next paycheck.

And I see his gesture with the 'lowly' roasted corn seller as a show of support for the 'small businesses.'

Give it to the man (Rochas) and the woman (Corn Seller); they are both heroes!

2 Likes

Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by CHIDIEJIOGU: 8:05am On Jun 27, 2012
PointB:

Let us respect and appreciate dignity in labour. Roasted corns has to be sold my someone, if the 'full grown' woman take it upon herself to sell corn obtained from her backyard garden, farm or from other sources to support her family, or aid her children education, she deserves commendation. Or would you rather she straps bomb vest on her body, grab and AK47, and join forces with Boko Haram? Let's be real, not even will get a full time job, not matter their level of education, even if unemployment is 1%.

@topic,
Rochas is a down to earth fellow; when he is not encouraging indigent pupils to go to school for free, he is constructing roads in rural areas, or asking civil servants to serve the people - not sit around in offices waiting for the next paycheck.

WO! PointB I agree with you jere!

And I see his gesture with the 'lowly' roasted corn seller as a show of support for the 'small businesses.'

Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by CHIDIEJIOGU: 8:08am On Jun 27, 2012
[quote author=CHIDI EJIOGU][/quote]

WO!PointB,I agree with you jere.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 27, 2012
PointB:

Let us respect and appreciate dignity in labour. Roasted corns has to be sold my someone, if the 'full grown' woman take it upon herself to sell corn obtained from her backyard garden, farm or from other sources to support her family, or aid her children education, she deserves commendation. Or would you rather she straps bomb vest on her body, grab and AK47, and join forces with Boko Haram? Let's be real, not even will get a full time job, not matter their level of education, even if unemployment is 1%.

@topic,

Hero for buying roasted corn? Man no go chop?

Na wa! lipsrsealed

Sad how we've lowered our standard for our politicians, that we even have to honor them for doing what they're supposed to do, and normalize their neglecting of what they ought to do.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Skoopy(m): 8:11am On Jun 27, 2012
youngmonie: seems more like a PR stunt to me......or can some1 xplain why there is a video man behind him?
my thought
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by PointB: 8:17am On Jun 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Na wa! lipsrsealed

Yes he is. There are lots of powerful politicians who cannot even imagine 'stooping low' to patronize pop-corn sellers at the malls, let alone buy the jolly good old nutritious roasted corn and the 'Ube' that accompanies it by the roadside.

Those politicians are disconnected from the pulse of the people, and indeed from reality! Knowing your constituency, the way of life, and need can best be achieved by mingling with them.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by deols(f): 8:19am On Jun 27, 2012
fact is, not many governors would do this. Even Ajimobi, with his multiple road constructions wouldnt. he's been stepping on toes
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Stressy: 8:33am On Jun 27, 2012
Chidex2442: so?
Wetin kum hapen?
Okorocha later poopoo d corn on public toilet...further question Chidex
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Bastiger(m): 8:34am On Jun 27, 2012
Haters,always ready 2 antagonize.a bus breaks down you blame Gej,ur car enters a pothole u blame Gej,you fail ur exams u blame Gej.....you dnt see anything good in your fellow human being.rochas okorocha gov of imo state is out having fun,buying himself roasted corn and people are here having fits,calling him names.....fake,ogboni etc how in da hell is it ur biz if he decides 2buy himself roasted corn?how is da hell is it ur biz if itz a publicity stunt?how many of ur local govt chairmen can do it?u myt as well tell T A Orji gov of Abia state to come 2Aba,get down from his car n buy roasted corn.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by HusainiBapetel: 8:39am On Jun 27, 2012
The peoples' Governor, I hope it is for real not for the press.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by makizee(m): 8:59am On Jun 27, 2012
FORMER GOVERNOR FAYOSE DO PASS THIS ONE...STILL STEAL BILLIONS OF EKITI FUNDS SO WHAT ARE WE SAYING..THOUGH I BELIEVE ROCHAS IS A MORE SINCERE PERSON BUT ALL THIS NA FOR PUBLICTY JARE..AM NOT BUYING
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2012
Now I really want some corn.

I'll be at publix tomorrow, will take some pics for y'all.

PointB:

Yes he is. There are lots of powerful politicians who cannot even imagine 'stooping low' to patronize pop-corn sellers at the malls, let alone buy the jolly good old nutritious roasted corn and the 'Ube' that accompanies it by the roadside.

Those politicians are disconnected from the pulse of the people, and indeed from reality! Knowing your constituency, the way of life, and need can best be achieved by mingling with them.

Ileke-IdI:

Na wa! lipsrsealed

Sad how we've lowered our standard for our politicians, that we even have to honor them for doing what they're supposed to do, and normalize their neglecting of what they ought to do.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Baawaa(m): 9:22am On Jun 27, 2012
patholaw: If my governor dare try it...in short he can't without security.
Who is your Governor
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:29am On Jun 27, 2012
Does anyone still take Point B seriously?!

The guy rigged the last Eze ndi Igbo election in broad daylight so he has no credibility.. And thats evident in his support for Rochas Okorocha..
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by Tbioty(m): 9:34am On Jun 27, 2012
[img][/img][color=#000099][/color]wetin carry d camara man go.....na tin wer d don plan am.....dem 1st go survey d area 1st b4 d com go......sha dem wnt use dia ppl head......
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:43am On Jun 27, 2012
I expect this after GEJ ate Cassava Bread, soon Governors will troop out eating Alomo and pekere by the road side grin grin grin SMH
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by yuncka: 9:53am On Jun 27, 2012
o boi! e be like say na corn business I go enta o. U neva can tellwho shows up next. OBAMA grin
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by ochukoccna: 9:57am On Jun 27, 2012
youngmonie: seems more like a PR stunt to me......or can some1 xplain why there is a video man behind him?
Exactly my thoughts
All na wash
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by ayolatun(m): 10:08am On Jun 27, 2012
This is crap, a media stunt. The picture is very fake and shows d̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ the governor himself is a fake person.
Because he wants to buy corn he went to rent a video man. The guy is full of shit.
Re: Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) by vanstanzy(m): 10:24am On Jun 27, 2012
alj harem: That is my governor !!!

Rochas 2015 !!! I am yet to see PDP do the same

Guy, Rochas is my gov'nor too and i like him. But isn't this stage managed? I mean what is a video man doing at the background? Do video men now follow gov'nors everywhere and capture everything they do? I don't know, but maybe he was on his way to a function in company of the video man and had to eat roasted maize. Bluetooth and all u ibo-haters PLEASE don't comment on this post, thank you. grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says / Tinubu Lands In Imo For Meeting With The Private Sector (Photos) / Certificate Saga: Dino Melaye Thanks Nigerians For Support; Twitter Users Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.