Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,268 members, 7,881,020 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:57 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (980022 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by francis247(m): 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
Pls help! How do I take a picture with the front camera of galaxy S nd also upgrade from ginger bread 2 ICS?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2012
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
Important distinction tho.

The only phones that are running "Android" are the Nexus devices,

All other phones are running its own operating system based on Android.

for example Sense, Touchwiz, Blur, etc.

So with that being said those people who care about the very latest version of Android should buy a Nexus and those who don't care about the latest and greatest updates buy the other oem versions.

or if somehow they do, they have the option of installing a custom rom on their phones, most likely CM which is based on the latest version of stock Android.

So the whole fragmentation argument is off the mark and is only made up to make Android look bad
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2012
4llerbuntu: Important distinction tho.

So with that being said those people who care about the very latest version of Android should buy a Nexus and those who don't care about the latest and greatest updates buy the other oem versions.

or if somehow they do, they have the option of installing a custom rom on their phones, most likely CM which is based on the latest version of stock Android.

So the whole fragmentation argument is off the mark and is only made up to make Android look bad
So what exactly can this NEXUS do that my Neo v. can't do?

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by moonraker(m): 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
3kay945:
So what exactly can this NEXUS do that my Neo v. can't do?

Actually ur phone alright!!!

The gimmick here is that if google were to release a new version

of android Say banana muffin cheesy, then owners of the nexus would be

the first to get the update over the air and in quicktime too...

4llerbuntu: Important distinction tho.

Good point but history has been so kind to point out that the nexus line by google has been under powered spec wise!!!

i mean when you place an S3 and nexus side by side, the difference is clear...

or wait, why do you think some apple guys are moving android route?? to see a movie??

I am sorry to bust ur bubble but while u made a very important point, it still doesnt solve the fragmentation problem.

try again!!!! grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewizard1: 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2012
puskin: Got tired of my ICS(IceColdSandwich).....I decided to step up to JellyBean.....so I went flashing.

CyanogenMod10 rocks........really awesome ROM.

Hey bro.. Nice one there. Pls is the ROM working all? i mean"no errors"?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewizard1: 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2012
Any JellyBean ROM that has NO bug?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Sanitty(m): 12:07am On Oct 21, 2012
Hello the Gurus in the house, those anyone know a reliable engineer in computer village that can help me install a custom rom on ma s2? Pls let me knw how I can locate his shop
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 2:35am On Oct 21, 2012
ewizard1:

Hey bro.. Nice one there. Pls is the ROM working all? i mean"no errors"?

There are a few bugs....but I can live with it........thats why its called ALPHA builds......ongoing development.
If ur waiting for a ROM with No bugs, ur going to be waiting for a very long time
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by rainmaker12(m): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2012
cynogen 10 has little or no bugs
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
puskin:

There are a few bugs....but I can live with it........thats why its called ALPHA builds......ongoing development.
If ur waiting for a ROM with No bugs, ur going to be waiting for a very long time
Please what file format does HTC HD7 windows mobile use.
Thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2012
monkvirus:
Thanks.
undecided grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
monkvirus:
Thanks.

this ya question get as e take be..........do U mean the format of the apps....if it is......then .cab is ya answer.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 8:47am On Oct 22, 2012
puskin:

this ya question get as e take be..........do U mean the format of the apps....if it is......then .cab is ya answer.
Thanks man u answered my question.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Azanor(m): 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
Interesting article about the fake Nexus X from Sony: http://anatomyofahoax.tumblr.com/
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LeJeun3: 4:27pm On Oct 22, 2012
Please can anyone help with the necessary information on how to root an Android phone? If you can give me here, we could communicate outside the Forum, thanks in advance.
P.S. I have searched the Forum for such information but haven't really been able to see what I need.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mufasa(m): 9:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
rainmaker12: cynogen 10 has little or no bugs

I have CM10 running on my SG3 i9300, i only just realized that there is no "WiFi tethering".

I'm running 20121007 Nightly

thats a bug.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mufasa(m): 9:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
LeJeun3: Please can anyone help with the necessary information on how to root an Android phone? If you can give me here, we could communicate outside the Forum, thanks in advance.
P.S. I have searched the Forum for such information but haven't really been able to see what I need.

Depends on the device bro.

What phone are you trying to root?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by hakunajay(m): 9:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
mufasa:

Depends on the device bro.

What phone are you trying to root?

pls im trying to root my lg e405. im willing to pay anyone to do it for me cos i dont have a laptop....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mufasa(m): 7:34am On Oct 24, 2012
hakunajay:

pls im trying to root my lg e405. im willing to pay anyone to do it for me cos i dont have a laptop....

you can do it in a café. Once you know what you're doing.

Using SuperOneClick v1.7 and use rageagainsthecage and click Root button.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
this is for all those with allwinner android tablet. look at this picture very carefully.i will upload the instructions later

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Teaser4(m): 3:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
mmm
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by hakunajay(m): 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2012
mufasa:

you can do it in a café. Once you know what you're doing.

Using SuperOneClick v1.7 and use rageagainsthecage and click Root button.

if i understand you, i will download those two apps and connect my phone to a computer and click root. where do i click to root?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2012
mufasa:

I have CM10 running on my SG3 i9300, i only just realized that there is no "WiFi tethering".

I'm running 20121007 Nightly

thats a bug.

Hmmmm..........my own CM10 wifi tethering is working perfectly well..............nd it's the same nightly I'm using too.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2012
you can swap your extsd card with your internal memory of your allwinner android tablet ONLY if your tablet runs ICS. it does not work if your tablet runs gingerbread.

i have two tablets. both have an internal memory of 2gb which seems big. however i love streetfighter but the cache file is 1.5gb. i recently got dead space, justice league,salvation,star warfare and real steel and their cache files are big. but i have a 32gb microsd just wasting. after a little search i found a way to switch the internal sd and the external sd.

theid are two methods to do this ; the manual and the automatic way
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mufasa(m): 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2012
puskin:

Hmmmm..........my own CM10 wifi tethering is working perfectly well..............nd it's the same nightly I'm using too.

i updated 20121023 Nightly last night and "Wifi Tethering" now works.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mufasa(m): 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2012
hakunajay:

if i understand you, i will download those two apps and connect my phone to a computer and click root. where do i click to root?

Yeah start with Downloading "SuperOneClick V1.7" on your computer
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by hakunajay(m): 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2012
mufasa:

Yeah start with Downloading "SuperOneClick V1.7" on your computer

pls bro, let me call u up... we need to talk. pls text me ur number or miscall me on 08103875141. thanks bro.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mufasa(m): 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2012
hakunajay:

pls bro, let me call u up... we need to talk. pls text me ur number or miscall me on 08103875141. thanks bro.

There is no need to call. We can discuss here so other folks can benefit.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by hakunajay(m): 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2012
mufasa:

There is no need to call. We can discuss here so other folks can benefit.

Ok... I will go to the cafe tomorrow. I hope the android device would not need any pc suite.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.