Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,293 members, 7,881,088 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:05 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (980027 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mufasa(m): 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
Sorta have issues opening Nairaland.com on a few browsers (dolphin and chrome) on my phone. undecided

It just shows a blank page.

It works on the Opera and the native Web browser.

I tried clearing cache, rebooting, re installing them browsers. Nairaland.com was working fine initially as Dolphin was my default for a long while.

I'm running CM10 on a SG 3.

Does Nairaland.com work in any forum app eg Tapatalk or Forum Runner?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
mufasa: Sorta have issues opening Nairaland.com on a few browsers (dolphin and chrome) on my phone. undecided

I tried clearing cache, rebooting, re installing them browsers. Nairaland.com was working fine initially as Dolphin was my default for a long while.

NO.......but there was one kuli-kuli NL app grin grin 4ller modded one time.......but the NL gods decided to thrash it. If U need it ask 4ller.

The app is still on my fone.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
lol @kulikuli app
i sef still get that app
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
puskin:

NO.......but there was one kuli-kuli NL app grin grin 4ller modded one time.......but the NL gods decided to thrash it. If U need it ask 4ller.

The app is still on my fone.

There are NL apps? What do they do?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 6:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
Lord_Reed:

There are NL apps? What do they do?

see question undecided undecided........there are XDA apps.............what do they do?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
puskin:

see question undecided undecided........there are XDA apps.............what do they do?

No idea.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
Lord_Reed:

No idea.

undecided undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
4llerbuntu: multiple profiles could also be nice for handing over your phones to all those "pls let me take a look at you phone" folks.

but in that case it has to be easily switchable in a gesture or two. i say this because for example i no longer have games on my phones.
im tired of people who take my phone and 2 minutes later PES 2012 or temple run is ongoing grin grin grin grin even worse, some refuse to give it back, esp girls wink wink

its also neater than having to lock your messages/email/im apps etc.

but truly its not that much of a big deal for phones sha

I wish it wasn't patented so that Google could implement this. I hate having to give someone my phone and the next they do is play shadowgun for 40mins or the girls watch my HD movies till battery runs out angry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mufasa(m): 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
Did anyone else experience the same problems I had with Dolphin or Chrome (both On android) ?

Nairaland.com not loading on either browsers on my device? Previously worked though.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
joeydozzy:

I wish it wasn't patented so that Google could implement this. I hate having to give someone my phone and the next they do is play shadowgun for 40mins or the girls watch my HD movies till battery runs out angry

I just read an article that says Nokia doesn't own the patent. They applied then dropped the bid so Google is free to implement it.

Sounds like a cool idea. I would like to have it on my phone then I can switch profiles between work and home and probably have an entertainment profile too.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 8:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
Lord_Reed:

No idea.

huh undecided undecided....NL app allows you to browse the NL forum.....XDA app allows you to browse the XDA forum without the need of a browser.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2012
mufasa: Did anyone else experience the same problems I had with Dolphin or Chrome (both On android) ?

Nairaland.com not loading on either browsers on my device? Previously worked though.

Nope.....mine is working......just like it has...... always.

The problem I have is my whatsapp.....it tends to come online and offline @will. Well, it only happens when my MTN SIM is in the fone.......cos other networks don't give my whatsapp this problem. Funny though, this problem is only peculiar to my whatsapp application. All other apps work as they should.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 8:30am On Nov 02, 2012
Lord_Reed:

I just read an article that says Nokia doesn't own the patent. They applied then dropped the bid so Google is free to implement it.

Sounds like a cool idea. I would like to have it on my phone then I can switch profiles between work and home and probably have an entertainment profile too.
when was the article written?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:54am On Nov 02, 2012
na my own app be kulikuli app ehn? if i catch u........... u go dance alanta nd azonto together at once grin grin

nobody showed interest na, that was a proof of concept thing.

i could have made a full feature thingy, only say i was at a loss as to how to inject my own ads grin grin grin seun don take NL ads scatter the mobile pages. and i didnt want to strip metadata and repackage.

otherwise the only other thing i could have done is include it in a Flipboard kind thingy, bu i dont think there are enough naija sites to make that sensible.

i still do not get why seun will just not pay for a tapatalk plugin, his ads will still make money lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dabss(m): 9:57am On Nov 02, 2012
anybody know how i can pre-order the up coming nexus 4? play store is not allowing orders from nigeria angry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 10:12am On Nov 02, 2012
pls anybody in the house with desire hd should pls tel m,e how to root it i have tried advanced ace kit and it didnt work..i need help pls
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 10:14am On Nov 02, 2012
4llerbuntu: na my own app be kulikuli app ehn? if i catch u........... u go dance alanta nd azonto together at once grin grin

nobody showed interest na, that was a proof of concept thing.

i could have made a full feature thingy, only say i was at a loss as to how to inject my own ads grin grin grin seun don take NL ads scatter the mobile pages. and i didnt want to strip metadata and repackage.

otherwise the only other thing i could have done is include it in a Flipboard kind thingy, bu i dont think there are enough naija sites to make that sensible.

i still do not get why seun will just not pay for a tapatalk plugin, his ads will still make money lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I did
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 10:16am On Nov 02, 2012
ozor1: pls anybody in the house with desire hd should pls tel m,e how to root it i have tried advanced ace kit and it didnt work..i need help pls

How many times do we have to say this here................go to XDA.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 10:21am On Nov 02, 2012
i have gone there nothing helped ..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Seun(m): 10:22am On Nov 02, 2012
mufasa: Sorta have issues opening Nairaland.com on a few browsers (dolphin and chrome) on my phone. undecided

No, but let's try to figure out why it's not working on those browsers. What's your ISP?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2012
Seun:
No, but let's try to figure out why it's not working on those browsers. What's your ISP?

Don't U just love customer service. cool cool

This, I think is a custom ROM issue.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Knight1(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2012
ozor1: pls anybody in the house with desire hd should pls tel m,e how to root it i have tried advanced ace kit and it didnt work..i need help pls

check YouTube. there's a link...can't remember. tau.shadowchild. something...you'll see it on YouTube...that's the one I used and it worked for me.
but I ran it twice o...cos it had to first downgrade to 2.3.3 then again for actual root. that's probably what's happened with yours.
try this and hola back if there's still issues
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Seun(m): 11:39am On Nov 02, 2012
@mufasa: Are you able to open other pages apart from the home page e.g. www.nairaland.com/topics/15 on those browsers?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2012
@ the chap trying to root, have you tried to install superuser from the market after running the root process?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2012
ozor1: i have gone there nothing helped ..

Did u register ur complaint there??....open a thread?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 02, 2012
I need help with a Samsung Duos android phone. It doesn't connect to the internet, it keeps showing the message, 'web connection not available'. I have network settings where they should be, have updated the phone, 3G is present and everything else that is necessary, yet it has failed to browse. Please what to do?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lexusgs430: 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2012
fellis: I need help with a Samsung Duos android phone. It doesn't connect to the internet, it keeps showing the message, 'web connection not available'. I have network settings where they should be, have updated the phone, 3G is present and everything else that is necessary, yet it has failed to browse. Please what to do?

What network settings are you presently using ?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mufasa(m): 4:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
Seun: @mufasa: Are you able to open other pages apart from the home page e.g. www.nairaland.com/topics/15 on those browsers?

Oga Sir.

ISP is Vodafone Ireland and UPC (over wifi) when I'm at home.

I tried my bookmarked links to my favourite threads it didn't work.

Tried via a Google search.

Also tried the homepage. Nothing happened. It's just Dolphin, Chrome and the Native browser. All android. It was working before.

I'm posting this from Opera now.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mufasa(m): 4:41pm On Nov 02, 2012
puskin:

Don't U just love customer service. cool cool

This, I think is a custom ROM issue.

Maybe. I ll update to a new nightly and see if things change.

Anyone having Apollo not responding on CM10?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mufasa(m): 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:
anybody know how i can pre-order the up coming nexus 4? play store is not allowing orders from nigeria angry

Route to a buddy in yanks. Simples.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2012
thanks y'all got it rooted buh my wifi aint working..runnig froyo.2.2 ohh .i wanna no..if its an error from the rooting
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Knight1(m): 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2012
froyo? did that happen from just the rooting? or you flashed it cos I.don't understand why it will send.you so.backward to.2.2

in any case, I expect that you rooted your phone to flash custom Roms...so get one...I particularly recommend.blackout ics..It's.really straightforward. just backup your data..tho' it hardly wipes, but still backup everything you hold dear.

however if you rooted your phone for rooting sake..OYO.

before you ask...."BLACKOUT ICS" may be.looked up @ www.google.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.