Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,014 members, 7,949,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:27 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (992245 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 9:26am On Apr 24, 2013
Initial Galaxy SIV reviews are out.

Common summary? The HTC One is a better phone in many regards.

Hmm
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 24, 2013
links pls?
officially I'm confused even with the camera comparison
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by engrfelix: 1:27pm On Apr 24, 2013
please i need genuine answer from users. I want to buy good android phone with 3g that has good battery life for moderate daily usage with only 30k or less with me. Iam considering galaxy y pro , but wen i read the review, i learnt that it has poor battery life and hangs alot . Please i need suggestion.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
texazzpete: Initial Galaxy SIV reviews are out.

Hmm

what happened to the nexus one?

Using phones and tablets is starting to affect me adversely, i now expect autocorrect when typing on my PC. grin grin

BTW, who has an idea where i can get to buy high quality ear plugs/ear phones?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bukahands(m): 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
engr felix: please i need genuine answer from users. I want to buy good android phone with 3g that has good battery life for moderate daily usage with only 30k or less with me. Iam considering galaxy y pro , but wen i read the review, i learnt that it has poor battery life and hangs alot . Please i need suggestion.

Tecno N7

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
texazzpete: Initial Galaxy SIV reviews are out.

Hmm

I wonder what review you read. None of the one's I have seen have put HTC One signficantly above the Galaxy S4, the Verge even knocks the HTC One's camera while GSMArena's benchmark scores put the S4 at the top of virtually all of them.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 3:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
Lord_Reed:

I wonder what review you read. None of the one's I have seen have put HTC One signficantly above the Galaxy S4, the Verge even knocks the HTC One's camera while GSMArena's benchmark scores put the S4 at the top of virtually all of them.

Did you even read theVerge's review?

The Verge knocks Samsung for being lazy in terms of design and ergonomics...and the reviewer says he'll pick the One over the S4.

TheVerge's camera review of the HTC One was flawed on so many levels. Read Anandtech's review of the HTC One...it's a true masterpiece.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ejimjesus: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
Pls somebody should help me with activation code for isilo. Thanks forumites
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
texazzpete:

Did you even read theVerge's review?

The Verge knocks Samsung for being lazy in terms of design and ergonomics...and the reviewer says he'll pick the One over the S4.

TheVerge's camera review of the HTC One was flawed on so many levels. Read Anandtech's review of the HTC One...it's a true masterpiece.

And the Verge's knock on Samsung for dated design makes the HTC One "a better phone in many regards"? Anyways I am gonna read the Anandtech take on both, I'll be back.

Edit: Here's an excerpt from Anandtech's review of the Galaxy S4

It really depends on what you value more. The One's camera delivers better low light performance, while the Galaxy S 4's camera delivers better performance in well lit (e.g. outdoor) scenarios. The One's software customizations are definitely more subtle and out of your way, while Samsung's approach is much more feature overload and in your face. It's difficult to say for sure given our Sprint review unit, but HTC likely gets the slight edge in battery life based on our results here today (although these two devices can be close competitors depending on the workload). Samsung does integrate the faster SoC, despite both the Galaxy S 4 and HTC One shipping the same Snapdragon 600 platform. Samsung and HTC remain on opposite sides of the removable battery/microSD fence, if those two things matter to you then Samsung is the obvious choice. Finally there's a question of how much you value/desire an all-metal smartphone. For some, Samsung's choice in materials is going to continue to be a very big issue.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6914/samsung-galaxy-s-4-review/9

How is this the HTC One is "a better phone in many regards"?

PS: Please note that before I am accused of being a fanboy or something I have neither a Samsung or HTC but I do think fairness in reporting is very important.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
that verge article is a disgrace.

who was that guy sef? very ridiculous review. was he assessing the phones or telling us his view?

if no be bad belle, why vlad savov no write the review
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 25, 2013
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lomaxx: 1:21am On Apr 25, 2013
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Gudiza(m): 1:27am On Apr 25, 2013
Use Jiayu g3. One of the best quality Chinese phones. Great stuff.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Gudiza(m): 1:28am On Apr 25, 2013
lomaxx:

Available in Nigeria??
Usually order it direct from manufactures in China through online stores like Aliexpress. Caution though.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Daraplato(m): 4:20am On Apr 25, 2013
Please my sybla tv tells me this video cant be played when i try to watch any station on it. Help.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by OgeneDom(m): 4:56am On Apr 25, 2013
Help between Tecno Q1 and Infinix buzz, which one do i buy. Plzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 25, 2013
Ogene Dom: Help between Tecno Q1 and Infinix buzz, which one do i buy. Plzzzzzzzzzzz
Am also at a cross-road on ds issue.my concern is dat d infnix buz internal memory is quite low.can d phone b rooted so dt d rom can be increasd
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by toluxa1(m): 11:59am On Apr 25, 2013
Please what is the best typing app I can download for my Android Tab? The default one no too make sense.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
the way people fall for this techno amazes me grin

@toluxa 1 try swiftkey, keymonk, Swype, etc
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by toluxa1(m): 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2013
Thanks Pal. Before seeing your post, i was looking elsewhere and came across TouchPal. Thinking which to download between touchpal and swype
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
joeydozzy: the way people fall for this techno amazes me grin

I simply do not understand.!!!

if i said it was owuu-blowing, a lot of folks will take offence and eat me for dinner, if i said ignorance, ditto.

so lemme keep quiet. i dont want to say one thing now, then my OATT will now say another thing.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by raynold(m): 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
HTC one vs HTC Butterfly which is better?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
4llerbuntu:

I simply do not understand.!!!

if i said it was owuu-blowing, a lot of folks will take offence and eat me for dinner, if i said ignorance, ditto.

so lemme keep quiet. i dont want to say one thing now, then my OATT will now say another thing.

LOL, ignorance and cutting costs are the main reasons

the only thing that gets me is when they start making unparalleled comparisons with flagship phones.

sometimes, even when I try to give reasons for using my phone and why it's better, they give me this look like I don't any damn thing about phones

Hence, MUTE!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 2:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
Lord_Reed:

And the Verge's knock on Samsung for dated design makes the HTC One "a better phone in many regards"? Anyways I am gonna read the Anandtech take on both, I'll be back.

Edit: Here's an excerpt from Anandtech's review of the Galaxy S4

How is this the HTC One is "a better phone in many regards"?

PS: Please note that before I am accused of being a fanboy or something I have neither a Samsung or HTC but I do think fairness in reporting is very important.

Hmm.
Slightly better screen, Better design, better build quality, better speakers, better low light camera, Optical Image Stabilization, better built-in storage (slightly faster NAND memory in the S4 but the One more than makes up for it by doubling the memory to 32GB for the base model).

You may argue that 'many' is an exaggeration but there are a significant number of things the One does better than the S4.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 2:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
joeydozzy:

LOL, ignorance and cutting costs are the main reasons

the only thing that gets me is when they start making unparalleled comparisons with flagship phones.

sometimes, even when I try to give reasons for using my phone and why it's better, they give me this look like I don't any damn thing about phones

Hence, MUTE!!!

There's an entire, 90 page thread dedicated to 'HD gaming on the Techno N3'
Yet the Techno N3 has a 320 x 480 screen...not anywhere near HD. And the 'HD games' they chortle about are 2010 - 2011 era games with settings throttled way back.

I accept that not everyone can afford the high end phones though...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ollyndjeda(m): 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
kenny.slim:
am new to android os...please i need a link on how to root my fone and any other info you gurus can pass to me smiley
http://talkactivedayo..com/2013/04/one-click-root-for-all-android-devices.html
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
we've been going over this debate htc 0ne vs galaxy s4 for so long, jeez it's like over a month now and i'm so fed up; why can't we get something new to argue about instead? sheesh
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Ositainklord(m): 12:44am On Apr 26, 2013
i think the htc one is an amazing device. The 4mp cam is highly innovative! We dont need proffesional photography equipment inside our smartphones. 13mp vs 4mp with superpixels is a welcome dev't. S4 is cool in its own right tho but the one is a welcome contender.
Ps- im dissappointed. when i argue on nairaland i dont get banned.
But wen i post SENSIBLE informative things, one pennissHEADED moderator will ban me. Do they just pick anyone as a mod on NL these days? Demmit!! Dx
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 2:08am On Apr 26, 2013
Osita_inklord: i think the htc one is an amazing device. The 4mp cam is highly innovative! We dont need proffesional photography equipment inside our smartphones. 13mp vs 4mp with superpixels is a welcome dev't. S4 is cool in its own right tho but the one is a welcome contender.
Ps- im dissappointed. when i argue on nairaland i dont get banned.
But wen i post SENSIBLE informative things, one pennissHEADED moderator will ban me. Do they just pick anyone as a mod on NL these days? Demmit!! Dx

Lemme pretend for one sec. I didn't see that insult.
No MOD banned you, the Anti-Spambot did......but I guess you didn't know that.

I won't be so lenient next time, if you make this kind of derogatory insult to a MOD or any NL member.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.