Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,569 members, 7,917,799 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 03:25 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (986837 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
dare13: please what is the name of this phone
turn d back ma see
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by cartini82: 8:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
@ginky, You might need to confirm if the software is supported for the phone or Android version. Can you confirm which Android OS version you are currently running on?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ginky: 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
cartini82: @ginky, You might need to confirm if the software is supported for the phone or Android version. Can you confirm which Android OS version you are currently running on?

My android operating system is 4.2.2. I think its jelly bean, kernel version. Its the latest. My course mate has the same phone and operating system and the games work just fine. I know am not a phone guru but am thinking that maybe the manufacturers didn't add a setting or something since I got the phone like 3 weeks after it was released. My thought might be weird sha....its just that I was really looking forward to playing some particular kind of games.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Emekayoung(m): 6:32am On Apr 18, 2013
Pls my fellow Nairalanders,is there a way i can copy or move files frm my Galaxy S 3 mini to memory card?

It's been 2weeks i bought dis fone,but i cant see any option of copying or moving files frm the phone memory to memory card.

Thanks in advance for ur candid response.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:11am On Apr 18, 2013
ginky: Please, someone, everybody, help me with my google nexus 4. I posted 2 days ago that when i install games like fruit ninja, the sim, subway surf,etc the phone just hangs when i try opening it. What should I do about it?

do a factory reset.

then check for updates to the firmware and install them if any.

note that u will lose all apps and contacts and messages on it so you should probably back them up

your contacts get backed up to your google account anyway. your apps can be redownloaded

or better still, if u have access to WIFI and a PC, just install airdroid on your phone and follow the prompts to use. u can back up ur stuff that way. easy, to the point and sweet
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Bjayjay: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2013
@ all n7 users and gurus I just bought a new tecno
n7 on charging it it will say 100% but on switching it
on it wont be fully charged. Pls do i return it or is it
normal?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
i need a JTAG cable

anyone? or anywhere??
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Azanor(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
At the rate my search is going, it looks like I'm going to have to install a custom rom with the features I need on my Nexus 7 undecided. Synman's GWT Rom seems to be my best best right now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2036344
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by raynold(m): 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
Bjayjay: @ all n7 users and gurus I just bought a new tecno
n7 on charging it it will say 100% but on switching it
on it wont be fully charged. Pls do i return it or is it
normal?
no vex how much did u get the phone for??
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by dybaba(m): 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
dybaba: Please guys, my htc explorer has been showing "low memory" whenever i turn it on despite rooting and using Link2SD. Last month the phone just went off, i try turn it on immediately but it didi not, i plug the phone to light but wont charge, i remove the battery try again to no avail but letter turned on the 3rd day later i remove some apps but the low memory warning continue. Last 2 weeks the phone went OFF again and till now i cant switch it ON and it does not charge it show UNKNOWN DEVICE when i plug it to my Computer...... please i need ur help. what can i do? Thanks

Please help needed!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Bjayjay: 1:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
raynold: no vex how much did u get the phone for??
30k for ife
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by femi9naija(m): 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
It's like my lg nitro hd's bootloader is locked. The firmware is v20c and on stock ics. I cant enter into clockworkmod recovery. Any help? cry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
4llerbuntu: i need a JTAG cable

anyone? or anywhere??
Would recommend you make one. Not even sure you would get that cable in computer village
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 2baga(m): 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
please help, my T1 tecno decided to go for a swim.
somehow it survived 2hours under water but the screen is all messed up.
the battery is ok, all other functions are ok

only problem is with the touch screen. any ideas anyone pls
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by honsule(m): 5:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
joanana:

wink wink wink wink wink wink OK BOSS grin

Gud girl wink wink wink
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by primeson1(m): 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
Please i need hd games for my lg l5, who can help me with them and sd partition.
Am in ikorodu.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bluejeff(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
pls guys, can i download pes '13 on samsung galaxy y pro duos ? I have searched the whole net to no avail.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 19, 2013
news just got to me that HTC one is 90k at fine brothers.
get thee behind me Satan grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bukahands(m): 10:09am On Apr 19, 2013
joeydozzy: news just got to me that HTC one is 90k at fine brothers.
get thee behind me Satan grin

Its cheap o, as per new release phone
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by salameen: 11:09am On Apr 19, 2013
pls someone how can i get to root LG optimus 3D (LG-P920)
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 19, 2013
Azanor: Hey all,

Been using the 3G Nexus 7 for about 2 weeks plus and so far so good. The only hitch I've noticed so far is there's no way to lock your mobile data connection to 3G only. The option is simply not available among the Mobile Network options.

This is especially annoying because whenever I get home the tablet goes to EDGE and using the internet becomes brutally slow. It's only in certain parts of the house that the connection goes back to 3G/HSPA.

I've scoured the interwebs for a solution but have come up short. Does anyone know a way to overcome this problem?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 19, 2013
Azanor: Hey all,

Been using the 3G Nexus 7 for about 2 weeks plus and so far so good. The only hitch I've noticed so far is there's no way to lock your mobile data connection to 3G only. The option is simply not available among the Mobile Network options.

This is especially annoying because whenever I get home the tablet goes to EDGE and using the internet becomes brutally slow. It's only in certain parts of the house that the connection goes back to 3G/HSPA.

I've scoured the interwebs for a solution but have come up short. Does anyone know a way to overcome this problem?

I can help you and many others having this issue. Email me: uniqueval007@yahoo.com
I won't charge you.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
salameen: pls someone how can i get to root LG optimus 3D (LG-P920)

Download superoneclick tool by short fuse + LG drivers to ur system... Install super user from play store wen u are done...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAVE5(m): 12:25pm On Apr 19, 2013
pls can anyone tell me how to switch from 2g to 3g on ma galaxy note i717 at&t, its runnuing on os 4.0.4, i cant move from 2g to 3g on it and there is 3g network in ma area, i have tried the lte onoff thingy(dint work), also tried *#4636#*#* (dint work also)
it jst switch on itz wheverer it feels like it.... and datz oncein a blue moon

but wen i upgraded it to 4.2.2 i was able to select the network mode... but the thing iz dat the 4.2 rom made me loose my snote, smemo and s gestures so i downgraded back to my normal 4.0.4

pls help me cos d 2g network iz freaking slow
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viroblaze: 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2013
D.A.V.E:
pls can anyone tell me how to switch from 2g to 3g on ma galaxy note i717 at&t, its runnuing on os 4.0.4, i cant move from 2g to 3g on it and there is 3g network in ma area, i have tried the lte onoff thingy(dint work), also tried *#4636#*#* (dint work also)

but wen i upgraded it to 4.2.2 i was able to select the network mode... but the thing iz dat the 4.2 rom made me loose my snote, smemo and s gestures so i downgraded back to my normal 4.0.4

You lost your snote and the likes Cuz it was a custom rom you installed, why not try a stock based custom rom like foxhound or ultima roms and many others out there .. I believe your problem will be solved plus you got tonnes of customization you can make..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by sniperwolf(m): 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
Please where can I get a working CALL RECORDED for my HTC One X and how come Skype is NOT compatible with my device (from Google Play Store)
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by opestein: 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2013
D.A.V.E:

are u on custom ROM or stock ROM
if u on stock rom, head over to settings. then go to more settings. click mobile network. click network type. wcdma is 3g+.While gsm is 2g

but if u on custom ROM based on AOSP. den the lte onoff is ur option.
Remember code is *#*#4636#*#*
so goodluck
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by YoungGame: 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2013
Good day nairalanders, please i've got an urgent question to ask regarding android phones and their wifi hotspot!

First and foremost, i have been using Nokia phones for a very long time and i think its time to join the moving train #android os! Due to android's durability, elegant and suphisticated apps i have decided to get my self an android phone (samsung galaxy s2 precisely).
Now to cut the long story short, my question is: what kind of wifi hotspot does android phones have. To the little i know, there are two types of wlan. Namely: ad-hoc and infrastruction. When i was using Nokia E73, i had an app called joikuspot which lets you share your symbian s60 internet connection with some certain ad-hoc devices like laptops and phones which supports ad-hoc. As some of you may know, some devices doesn't have ad-hoc capabilities and this made them unable to detect my joiku hotspot.

Now my question is: what kind of hotspot android phones have? Is it infrastructure or ad-hoc?? Because i want to get an android phone and would like to share my internet connection with my pc and bb.

Please fellow nairalanders i need urgent response.

Thanks in advance.

#YoungGame.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by xtervaganza(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2013
I appreciate what you guys do here. believe it or not, I'm new to android and I had problems with everything on it. but reading through your comments has helped a great deal.....thanks y'all
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
@YoungGame

I am not sure what type of wifi hotspot android uses but I am pretty sure you won't have any problems connecting your blackberry or laptop to it.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by casid: 10:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
Good day to you all... I'm new to the android OS and I'm using Nexus 4 precisely that I got some weeks ago. Before buying the device, I read a thread about how I can use bb subscription to browse on this device which I tried but I was unable to get through.. The phone is new and its not rooted yet.. Please any advice as to how browse effectively on the device.. thank you..

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.