Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,585 members, 7,917,876 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 05:14 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (986870 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
femi9naija:

Thanx a lot my nicca. Custom ROM is d way. Pls recommend 1 based on JB. Phone is LG nitro HD.

Please refrain from asking people this type of question unless u know that person uses exactly the same hardware as you.

you don’t expect people to recommend what they don’t/never used. flashing custom roms may seem trivial, but there is no surer way of damaging your device.

that said kindly direct your attention here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1448

you will find all that you need there.

one word of advice though: [size=28pt]READ THOROUGHLY AND CAREFULLY ANY THREAD THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AND ALL THE STICKY THREADS.[/size]

ONCE AGAIN [size=28pt]READ AND UNDERSTAND
[/size]

never take anything for granted. personally when i get a device i spend close to a week reading up threads on it on XDA so i can understand fully what that device will entail for me challenge wise
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by MrTA(m): 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
ginky: Pls, I use a Google nexus 4. I had it since last Yr December. The problem is that some games don't work on it even after I downloaded them from play store. Some of these games are temple run, fruit ninja, the sim, subway surf, etc

Pls, what is the problem? My course mate uses the same phone and I noticed that her fruit ninja works well. For mine, a picture would just appear and afterwards , the phone hangs. My system update is on point. Its 4.2.2.

Strange , I use the same phone and I also don't have any of those issues. Have you tried a factory reset? Are you running a custom rom or stock, rooted or not?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Azanor(m): 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hey all,

Been using the 3G Nexus 7 for about 2 weeks plus and so far so good. The only hitch I've noticed so far is there's no way to lock your mobile data connection to 3G only. The option is simply not available among the Mobile Network options.

This is especially annoying because whenever I get home the tablet goes to EDGE and using the internet becomes brutally slow. It's only in certain parts of the house that the connection goes back to 3G/HSPA.

I've scoured the interwebs for a solution but have come up short. Does anyone know a way to overcome this problem?

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
Azanor: Hey all,

Been using the 3G Nexus 7 for about 2 weeks plus and so far so good. The only hitch I've noticed so far is there's no way to lock your mobile data connection to 3G only. The option is simply not available among the Mobile Network options.

This is especially annoying because whenever I get home the tablet goes to EDGE and using the internet becomes brutally slow. It's only in certain parts of the house that the connection goes back to 3G/HSPA.

I've scoured the interwebs for a solution but have come up short. Does anyone know a way to overcome this problem?

it's meant to go to EDGE when 3G is unavailable
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Azanor(m): 6:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
ciphoenix:

it's meant to go to EDGE when 3G is unavailable
[quote author=ciphoenix]

That's the problem. 3G is available but probably the EDGE signal is stronger in my area that's why it switches.

While I was using my HTC Desire S, the mobile connectivity options available were 2G, 2G/3G and 3G only while now on the Nexus 7 there's no 3G only option. That's what I'm trying to bring back.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by opestein: 11:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
Azanor: Hey all,

K,ENOUGH ABT DIS 3G FUSS.GO TO UR DIALPAD AND TYPE *#*#4636#*#*
THEN CLICK PHONE INFORMATION AND SCROLL DOWN TILL U FIND SELECT PREFERRED MOBILE NETWORK,CLICK GSM/WCDMA AND SELECT WCDMA ONLY.DATS ALL
NOTE:MAKE SURE IT IS LOCKED ON WCDMA ONLY,DEN U WILL HAVE 3G ONLY,NO MORE EDGE
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Emekayoung(m): 11:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,pls there is no option for copying or moving files frm fone memory to memory card on my samsung galaxy S 3 mini,anyone to help me out?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Azanor(m): 7:21am On Apr 16, 2013
opestein:
K,ENOUGH ABT DIS 3G FUSS.GO TO UR DIALPAD AND TYPE *#*#4636#*#*
THEN CLICK PHONE INFORMATION AND SCROLL DOWN TILL U FIND SELECT MOBILE NETWORK TYPE,CLICK GSM/WCMDA AND SELECT WCMDA ONLY.DATS ALL
NOTE:MAKE SURE IT IS LOCKED ON WCMDA ONLY,DEN U WILL HAVE 3G ONLY,NO MORE EDGE

The Nexus 7 doesn't have a dial pad
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by opestein: 9:09am On Apr 16, 2013
Azanor:

The Nexus 7 doesn't have a dial pad
K,GO TO GOOGLE PLAYSTORE AND DOWNLOAD AN APP CALLED 2G/3G SWITCHER,D APP IS ABT 43KB,DEN FOLLOW THE OTHER GUIDE
OR DOWNLOAD A LAUNCHER DAT HAS DIALPAD FROM PLAYSTORE.E.G.GO LAUNCHER
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by dybaba(m): 10:42am On Apr 16, 2013
Please guys, my htc explorer has been showing "low memory" whenever i turn it on despite rooting and using Link2SD. Last month the phone just went off, i try turn it on immediately but it didi not, i plug the phone to light but wont charge, i remove the battery try again to no avail but letter turned on the 3rd day later i remove some apps but the low memory warning continue. Last 2 weeks the phone went OFF again and till now i cant switch it ON and it does not charge it show UNKNOWN DEVICE when i plug it to my Computer...... please i need ur help. what can i do? Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Azanor(m): 10:44am On Apr 16, 2013
opestein:
K,GO TO GOOGLE PLAYSTORE AND DOWNLOAD AN APP CALLED 2G/3G SWITCHER,D APP IS ABT 43KB,DEN FOLLOW THE OTHER GUIDE
OR DOWNLOAD A LAUNCHER DAT HAS DIALPAD FROM PLAYSTORE.E.G.GO LAUNCHER

Most of the 2G/3G switcher apps i've seen in the Play store are just widgets which don't do what I want. They are basically shortcuts to the mobile network settings and since the option to lock mobile data on 3G is not available there, they remain useless ( I tried a few of them out)

As for making use of a launcher with a dialer, that won't work either because the dialer functionality has been blocked from the framework of the Nexus 7 so the dialer app won't even be able to gain access to this part of the android framework. I've tried using the Dialer One app from the Play store and after installing, whenever I tried to launch the app it rebooted my phone.

What I'm trying to do now is get the modified framework for the Nexus 7 that has the dialer unblocked so I can try the *#*#4636#*#* method you mentioned above. I've seen a few but none that matches the build number for my tab.

Will update when I've made some progress
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by opestein: 11:36am On Apr 16, 2013
Azanor:

Most of the 2G/3G switcher apps i've seen in the Play store are just widgets which don't do what I want. They are basically shortcuts to the mobile network settings and since the option to lock mobile data on 3G is not available there, they remain useless ( I tried a few of them out)

As for making use of a launcher with a dialer, that won't work either because the dialer functionality has been blocked from the framework of the Nexus 7 so the dialer app won't even be able to gain access to this part of the android framework. I've tried using the Dialer One app from the Play store and after installing, whenever I tried to launch the app it rebooted my phone.

What I'm trying to do now is get the modified framework for the Nexus 7 that has the dialer unblocked so I can try the *#*#4636#*#* method you mentioned above. I've seen a few but none that matches the build number for my tab.

Will update when I've made some progress
SORI,D APP NAME IS LTE ONOFF HTC THUNDERBOLT
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fixzylani: 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2013
I was charging my Samsung Note 1 and NEPA took the light. But I noticed it was still charging even after I removed the charger. So I removed the battery to restart and it has refused to turn on EVER since. Someone pls help me.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
fixzylani: I was charging my Samsung Note 1 and NEPA took the light. But I noticed it was still charging even after I removed the charger. So I removed the battery to restart and it has refused to turn on EVER since. Someone pls help me.

grin grin grin

which rom are u running?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by joanana(f): 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2013
4llerbuntu:

grin grin grin

which rom are u running?

Its not funny o. thats exactly what happen to my samsung galaxy s2 angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2013
joanana:

Its not funny o. thats exactly what happen to my samsung galaxy s2 angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

eeyah. sorry.

@ fixylani no vex o. na so me dey play my own.

it was just the tone that was amusing.

thats why i asked which rom he was running. infact sef, ROM and KERNEL

so now no light, no vibration etc?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by joanana(f): 7:01pm On Apr 16, 2013
its alright. Anyway i dnt know if my own is soft brick abi na hard brick if i can get that phone to work again i will be happy. the only opyion i was told was to use a usb jig? where i wan find this one for naija? i just dumped the phone n got myself an s3 grin grin grin grin grin grin which i vowed never to hack until ...... still thinking abt it! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ginky: 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
@ MR_TA
No, av not done any factory reset. My phone hasn't been rooted yet. I know people whose phones aren't rooted and the games work just fine. As for the custom ROM and stock you talked about....please, explain, I don't understand.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by honsule(m): 12:41am On Apr 17, 2013
joanana: its alright. Anyway i dnt know if my own is soft brick abi na hard brick if i can get that phone to work again i will be happy. the only opyion i was told was to use a usb jig? where i wan find this one for naija? i just dumped the phone n got myself an s3 grin grin grin grin grin grin which i vowed never to hack until ...... still thinking abt it! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg try to Root your S3 and use custom Rom: NeatRom lite v3.0 + Blackened 6.0 Dyers Kernel.That is what am using on my S3.The Rom make sense

NB: About your S2 i think it's hard brick.Just give a good engineer to work on it.Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by joanana(f): 4:15am On Apr 17, 2013
honsule:

Abeg try to Root your S3 and use custom Rom: NeatRom lite v3.0 + Blackened 6.0 Dyers Kernel.That is what the am using on my S3.The Rom make sense

NB: About your S2 i think it's hard brick.Just give a good engineer to work on it.Cheers

Thanks. I don't know any "good engineer". The phone cooled off in my box for some time before I gave it to a geek friend n yet no progress. About the rooting of my newest baby which is just 4months old; I think I will wait for sometime before I will root cos if I root it n it turns out to be another abandoned phone, ah!! I will not take it lightly. Make i gather liver for sometime grin grin grin grin grin grin abi
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by olayinmol: 5:54am On Apr 17, 2013
kindly help me with a link to download neat rom lite v3.0 with darkened kernel for my s3, thanks iberu anticipation
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by honsule(m): 10:03am On Apr 17, 2013
joanana:

Thanks. I don't know any "good engineer". The phone cooled off in my box for some time before I gave it to a geek friend n yet no progress. About the rooting of my newest baby which is just 4months old; I think I will wait for sometime before I will root cos if I root it n it turns out to be another abandoned phone, ah!! I will not take it lightly. Make i gather liver for sometime grin grin grin grin grin grin abi

Where is thou faith? Ye of little faith. Lol read that topic on 10 reasons why u Shd root your fone. Your fear is just unfounded. So, for now u use ur phone for just calls cheesy cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by honsule(m): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2013
olayinmol: kindly help me with a link to download neat rom lite v3.0 with darkened kernel for my s3, thanks iberu anticipation

Google this: XXEMB5_AromaMods_v3.1a.zip it will give u the direct download link. When flashing ur rom select Darkened medium v5
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by joanana(f): 10:28am On Apr 17, 2013
honsule:

Where is thou faith? Ye of little faith. Lol read that topic on 10 reasons why u Shd root your fone. Your fear is just unfounded. So, for now u use ur phone for just calls cheesy cheesy

just kalls ke? nope my phone is my diary, my computer , my cinema, play station etc. plz give me some faith dear.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by honsule(m): 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2013
joanana:

just kalls ke? nope my phone is my diary, my computer , my cinema, play station etc. plz give me some faith dear.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This your fone na 'machine' o.check out functions.Even at that u are still under-utilizing it.Pls try to room the fone this weekend.Not only that,install custom rom too. wink wink wink
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by dare13: 1:30pm On Apr 17, 2013
which of the tecno phone is the best to buy undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by joanana(f): 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
honsule:

This your fone na 'machine' o.check out functions.Even at that u are still under-utilizing it.Pls try to room the fone this weekend.Not only that,install custom rom too. wink wink wink

wink wink wink wink wink wink OK BOSS grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by dare13: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2013
please what is the name of this phone

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
dare13: please what is the name of this phone

That looks like the Nexus4.

Edit: Sorry it is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ginky: 6:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
Please, someone, everybody, help me with my google nexus 4. I posted 2 days ago that when i install games like fruit ninja, the sim, subway surf,etc the phone just hangs when i try opening it. What should I do about it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.