Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,140 members, 7,977,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:51 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (997420 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
texazzpete:
What's Fine Brothers?
They got a shop?

yeah, in enugu
it's more popular in the s/e
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
joeydozzy:

yeah, in enugu

Enugu?

LMAO. I'll bet anything it's the old One X being sold for 90K. Enugu prices are pretty much higher than lagos prices anyday.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
joeydozzy:

yeah, in enugu

HTC One in Enugu. undecided undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by techfreak: 5:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
what u will see in fine brothers Enugu is HTC One X and S not HTC One. D latest phones there are iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy Grand
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
maybe, maybe not

but the only time I've been there, the place was massive, more like a warehouse kinda. I saw s3 barely 3 weeks after it was released and their prices are same as Lagos. This is coming from someone who has compared both location prices before

like I said someone who's not too geeky about phones said he saw ONE not ONE X and was a lil different from mine, though he didn't take a good look at it.

besides how can their s3(83k) be more expensive than one x, when it wasn't before? undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2013
techfreak: what u will see in fine brothers Enugu is HTC One X and S not HTC One. D latest phones there are iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy Grand

is there any way you could confirm?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
hmmm, might be true though, the phone is barely above $550
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
whoa, whoa just checked slot 125k like wtf?

z,114k?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAVE5(m): 12:04am On Apr 23, 2013
opestein:
are u on custom ROM or stock ROM
if u on stock rom, head over to settings. then go to more settings. click mobile network. click network type. wcdma is 3g+.While gsm is 2g

but if u on custom ROM based on AOSP. den the lte onoff is ur option.
Remember code is *#*#4636#*#*
so goodluck

bro i'm on stock 4.0.4 and there's is no such option on ma fone as wcdma or 2g, and like i said lte onoff dint work 4 me and *#*#4636#*#* dint work either, i am kinda tired of these custom roms cos they remove the sweetness of my sgestures, snote and smemo, if not i've flashed well over 6 cutom roms in 2 days dat i cld flash a fone even while i am sleeping
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAVE5(m): 12:09am On Apr 23, 2013
viroblaze:

You lost your snote and the likes Cuz it was a custom rom you installed, why not try a stock based custom rom like foxhound or ultima roms and many others out there .. I believe your problem will be solved plus you got tonnes of customization you can make..

bro i've checked for the foxhound thingy all to no avail, i downloaded a rom dat claimed to be stock based and it still removed the s memo s note and the likes

i think i wld stick to ma ics for now till i see somtin worth ma stress of upgradin and flashing, though i still envy d jelly bean alot but i prefer the s-things... thanks though
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 12:11am On Apr 23, 2013
joeydozzy: whoa, whoa just checked slot 125k like wtf?

z,114k?

lmao grin grin grin you know their prices rarely fall
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by opestein: 6:15am On Apr 23, 2013
D.A.V.E:

bro i'm on stock 4.0.4 and there's is no such option on ma fone as wcdma or 2g, and like i said lte onoff dint work 4 me and *#*#4636#*#* dint work either, i am kinda tired of these custom roms cos they remove the sweetness of my sgestures, snote and smemo, if not i've flashed well over 6 cutom roms in 2 days dat i cld flash a fone even while i am sleeping
Samsung always include option for wcdma, 2g and auto mode in their mobile network option.
So I tink the only way I can help you is for u to tell me wat are the options in your mobile network option in settings
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viroblaze: 7:02am On Apr 23, 2013
D.A.V.E:

bro i've checked for the foxhound thingy all to no avail, i downloaded a rom dat claimed to be stock based and it still removed the s memo s note and the likes

i think i wld stick to ma ics for now till i see somtin worth ma stress of upgradin and flashing, though i still envy d jelly bean alot but i prefer the s-things... thanks though

Bro I think I got some bad news for ya... Your phone does not support wcdma or 3g as popularly known... It only supports 2g and 4g..there is a hack though.. Go to the link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23522477&postcount=113
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2013
this page is missing on your phone settings?

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:56am On Apr 23, 2013
viroblaze:

Bro I think I got some bad news for ya... Your phone does not support wcdma or 3g as popularly known... It only supports 2g and 4g..there is a hack though.. Go to the link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23522477&postcount=113

this hack enables 4G on a different band, not 3G

or am i missing something?

also it is not true it does not support 3G

see screenshot. it supports 3G in 1900 and 2100 bands. Nigeria has 2100 band 3G

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:59am On Apr 23, 2013
to my mind, you are simply being obtuse with that fone. im positive that selecting 3G only IS present on that phone.

anyways, you may also try :

Forcing your phone to use HSPA

- Go to Settings
- Go to Wireless and network
- Scroll down and go to Mobile networks
- Go to Network mode
- Select HSPA only

OR

- Enter *#2263# on the dialpad
- Select [2] WCDMA Band Preference
- Select [3] WCDMA 2100

it also goes to mind to ask if the partcular network u use on the phone actually has 3G in that area, and if u have tried other network sims on that phone?

enough of occupying time and space on NL with obvious things abeg
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viroblaze: 8:30am On Apr 23, 2013
4llerbuntu: to my mind, you are simply being obtuse with that fone. im positive that selecting 3G only IS present on that phone.

anyways, you may also try :

it also goes to mind to ask if the partcular network u use on the phone actually has 3G in that area, and if u have tried other network sims on that phone?

enough of occupying time and space on NL with obvious things abeg

You could check the reviews and opinions from gsmarena..you'll see a dude filing the same complaint
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 10:24am On Apr 23, 2013
viroblaze:

You could check the reviews and opinions from gsmarena..you'll see a dude filing the same complaint

I have an AT&T brand phone as well and it does not have the option to select 3G only. The options available are 2G only and 2G & 3G so it may be a carrier restriction as your phone was made specifically for the AT&T network.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 23, 2013
Leopantro:

Dude, we have been shouting xbmc since. Were have you been? For example, my fiance likes Merlin. I have downloaded the whole season 3 and 4 for her and stored it on a 32gig flash drive so she can watch it on the TV. A girl gives me 3k every week to download 20 episodes of desperate house wives/week of season 1 to 8. I have boondocks, the seeker, fact or fake paranormal, the haunting (I enjoy the unexplained) everyone hates Chris and others lined up, I'm running out of space. Best of all, if you phone can handle xbmc you are good to go.

But, if you don't want that, use TV stream for android. Light and simple and up to date with very recent films. Have some websites but what's the point?

Dude, what gsm provider are you on?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 11:16am On Apr 23, 2013
phoinix:

Dude, what gsm provider are you on?

During the day I use Glo 4.5gig plan. In the night I use MTN 3gig plan plus BIS plan.

Mtn is crap though
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ismokeweed1(f): 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hi, im having problems with my hp touchpad. It came with webos but my colleague helped install cm9 with ics 4.0.4 (kernel version 9-20120721-nightly-tenderloin) and ever since the hack was done my touchscreen has been misbehaving, some areas dont respond to touch.

The tab now dual boots webos and ics via cm9 moboot. I wish to partition it further and install ubuntu but first i want to know how to rectify my touchscreen problem. Someone said i should delete the cm9 and restore the tab to its original form or upgrade to cm10.

I want to know what to do now?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by opestein: 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
D.A.V.E:

Shaking my head.....This thing is so obvious
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

I want to know what to do now?

restore that thing to its factory state. return the WebOS.

make sure u dont have any issues.

then consider dualbooting with ubuntu
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viroblaze: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
Lord_Reed:

I have an AT&T brand phone as well and it does not have the option to select 3G only. The options available are 2G only and 2G & 3G so it may be a carrier restriction as your phone was made specifically for the AT&T network.

Well said, that is my point...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by kennyslim1(m): 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
am new to android os...please i need a link on how to root my fone and any other info you gurus can pass to me smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 6:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
kenny.slim:
am new to android os...please i need a link on how to root my fone and any other info you gurus can pass to me smiley
xda-developers
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:59am On Apr 24, 2013
viroblaze:

Well said, that is my point...

did u try *#2263#?

anyways ur issue is a first world problem.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viroblaze: 8:31am On Apr 24, 2013
4llerbuntu:

did u try *#2263#?

anyways ur issue is a first world problem.

It's not my issue, just trying to be of helping hand to someone... AFAIK, carrier restrictions might render that code useless till the hack is carried out... As I said earlier, he's not alone, there are people everywhere with same problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.