Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,681 members, 7,979,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 05:25 AM

Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! (11747 Views)

Tension In Kaduna As Police And Shii'tes Clash / APC Factionalized In Kaduna, As New APC Emerges / President Buhari Visits Kaduna As El-Rufai Receives Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Castos(m): 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2012
shymex:

Another ignorant post..

And in the UK 99.99999% of the Nigerian restaurants are owned by Yoruba.. Does that mean Yoruba produce and cook better than everyone Heck, some even sell banga and edi ka ikang soup... undecided undecided

Too early for chest-beating, mate. undecided
I don't have time for ur lies either.
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by lagcity(m): 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2012
Engr. Chris:
One thing dat make me happy, and proud to be an IGBO MAN, I'm was posted to Ekiti Lga(Araromi) in Kwara State for Nysc(batch c)2011 before I relocate down to rivers, the lga Chairman there in his speech when welcoming us in Ekiti lga he said any village, town, or city that does not have an IGBO Man, people should run from that place because that place can't develop because igbo's are known as DEVELOPER'S, he went ahead to said that an IGBO Man that save there 25yrs ago came back and build one of biggest Hospital in Kwara State in a town call Osi in Ekiti lga, why the name of the hospital is New Era hospital, there the hospital give corper's free medical care no matter your Tribe. If you send an Igbo Man home who will develop your home. That is why I will continue be proud of my Tribe.
this is the dumbest question i have ever come across.
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2012
lagcity:
this is the dumbest question i have ever come across.

Ask him why dont the Ibo man wait in his own home to develop it instead of going elsewhere to develop
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by ikeyman00(m): 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
^^^ till the yaribas let us have airport and that

them una offemmanu will know whats up
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Ninapha(f): 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
Thank u all for d food production debate. D national assembly and d panel of judges are coming up with d most outstanding performance award. And for d kwashiokor man, tnks for d side attraction. Thank u all.
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
Nightshift: I was hoping to get comments like yours. The truth be told - are we Igbos not most likely to be businessmen,traders and civil servants than being farmers? I still stand by my words - that Northern Nigeria has a comparative advantage over Igboland in agriculture. We must buckle up or sink in ethnic bigotry!
is farming not business?the only comparative advantage I see that the north has is that the federal govt has always favoured northern farmers with loans while discriminating against not just farmers in the east but the entire south as a whole.there are various dams used for dry season/irrigation farming in the north but you hardly find such facilities in the south.farmers in the south are really trying;govt policies do not favour them.
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by dayokanu(m): 7:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^ till the yaribas let us have airport and that

them una offemmanu will know whats up

Ok I guess its the Yaribas who determine your fate? Aint you tired of being slaves to everyone, Why should Yorubas "let you" Why dont you let yourself

You dey talk airport, Shey no be Yiaport be this one below?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/105385_EnuguAirport_jpg7d5f666e8cd76a639faff840f4253644
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by ikeyman00(m): 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
thank u all for d food production debate. D national assembly and d panel of judges are coming up with d most outstanding performance award. And for d kwashiokor man, tnks for d side attraction. Thank u all.

thank u too

but before u go ewa hausa; u dnt really need to blow urself up; we can provide u some vigins to deal with

once again thank u
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by ikeyman00(m): 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2012
@@@

k I guess its the Yaribas who determine your fate? Aint you tired of being slaves to everyone, Why should Yorubas "let you" Why dont you let yourself

You dey talk airport, Shey no be Yiaport be this one below?

kill urself!
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by dayokanu(m): 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2012
chima12: is farming not business?the only comparative advantage I see that the north has is that the federal govt has always favoured northern farmers with loans while discriminating against not just farmers against the east but the entire south as a whole.there are various dams used for dry season/irrigation farming in the north but you hardly find such facilities in the south.farmers in the south are really trying;govt policies do not favour them.

The truth is due to the influence of education in the SOuth Most Southerners dont want to farm again, they think its a low level job and every youth is looking for an office white collar jobs or just own a shop.

How many youths under 40 would have a dream of being farmers.

While in the North they are not really educated and dont see a big deal in being a farmer.

There are more Doctors/Lawyers, Engineer in the South as there are more farmers and Military men in the North
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by darichlife: 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2012
I pity all the northers cos soon you wil begin to eat grasses lik cows

2 Likes

Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Germannig: 7:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
When Nigeria separates, the different groups in the south will have to start farming. For now they left it for the malus (northerners) to do while the southerners educate themselves. Farming requires little or no brain to do. The North cannot even feed itself let alone feed others. Why are they so poor and malnourished?
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Nightshift(m): 7:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
chima12: is farming not business?the only comparative advantage I see that the north has is that the federal govt has always favoured northern farmers with loans while discriminating against not just farmers against the east but the entire south as a whole.there are various dams used for dry season/irrigation farming in the north but you hardly find such facilities in the south.farmers in the south are really trying;govt policies do not favour them.
I don't know how old you are Chima, but as a teenager in the 80s, i saw on TV how state governments in the East complained bitterly how some of our "farmers" who took government loans under the then Anambra/Imo River Basin Development Authority used the money they should have invested in their farms to marry more wives. Some others used that credit to aquire new traditional titles or even to contest Igweship/Ezeship of their various communities. It was not funny to Mr. Jim Nwobodo and Mr. Sam Mbakwe!
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2012
Nightshift: I don't know how old you are Chima, but as a teenager in the 80s I saw on TV how state governments in the East complained bitterly how some of o[b]ur "farmers" who took government loans under the then Anambra/Imo River Basin Development Authority used the money they should have invested in their farms to marry more wives.[/b] Some others used that credit to aquire new traditional titles or even to contest Igweship/Ezeship of their various communities. It was not funny to Mr. Jim Nwobodo and Mr. Sam Mbakwe!

ROFL!
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Jummsy(f): 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2012
Biggyd2: A thread that was seeminly meant for people to make constructive contibution has already been laced with vile tribalism. Focus people, these traders are not intrested in your 'breakup' etc. To confirm that, even with BH many non indegines have refused to leave their places of abode where BH activities are most rampant.
Well said. The way some of these people behave is just disgusting!
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Germannig: 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2012
Germannig: When Nigeria separates, the different groups in the south will have to start farming. For now they left it for the malus (northerners) to do while the southerners educate themselves. Farming requires little or no brain to do. The North cannot even feed itself let alone feed others. Why are they so poor and malnourished?
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by queensmith: 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
lol
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by achi4u(m): 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ebonyi that is not developing must be occupied by 100% Hausa ppl.

We can see that Abia is equally developing.

Clowns.
ajakaja nwanyi wonder hw u'll look in real life___with ur that tribal bleaching face.

help urself o!

2 Likes

Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2012
achi4u: ajakaja nwanyi wonder hw u'll look in real life___with ur that tribal bleaching face.

help urself o!

rotfl!
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Arysexy(m): 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
T9ksy:

So why the kwashokor during the civil war?

mentally imbalance patient. pls visit yaba psychia! Ewu awusa!!!

1 Like

Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by bashr8: 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2012
Nightshift: Even if we have more financial facilities from Igbo state governments, we don't have enough arable land to equal their production capacity. Besides, how many Ndigbo are willing to work in the farm this days? Are we going to import Somalis to work in our farms? Ever heard about comparative advantage?
your a fool , i bet you have never been to the east , thank your God fot the white men because people like u that run your mouth anyhow deserve banishment.i can tolorate tribalist but stu..pid and ignorant people just piss me off
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by T9ksy(m): 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
Arysexy:

mentally imbalance patient. pls visit yaba psychia! Ewu awusa!!!

Basket mouth! what's your problem?
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by stpat1(m): 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2012
Lets see how they will have the strength to foment trouble and throw bombs on empty stomachs.
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by ayobase(m): 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2012
ACM10:

Sarcastic? How?

Okay then....u r not!
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by 9javoice1(m): 11:14pm On Jun 27, 2012
Nightshift:I don't know how old you are Chima, but as a teenager in the 80s, i saw on TV how state governments in the East complained bitterly how some of our "farmers" who took government loans under the then Anambra/Imo River Basin Development Authority used the money they should have invested in their farms to marry more wives. Some others used that credit to aquire new traditional titles or even to contest Igweship/Ezeship of their various communities. It was not funny to Mr. Jim Nwobodo and Mr. Sam Mbakwe!

THIS ONE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE SOUTHEAST IS LOCATED.
HOW MANY YEARS AGO, DID WE IGBOS STOP MANY WIVES ACQUIRING.

MAN! YOU ARE AN HAUSA/FULANI MAN TRYING TO POSE AS AN IGBO.
YOUR GAME IS OVER.

NO IGBO MAN CAN TAKE LOAN AND USE IT FOR MARRIAGE.
NO NO NO, THAT IS FOR HAUSA/FULANI'S

1 Like

Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by bashr8: 11:35pm On Jun 27, 2012
9ja voice:

THIS ONE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE SOUTHEAST IS LOCATED.
HOW MANY YEARS AGO, DID WE IGBOS STOP MANY WIVES ACQUIRING.

MAN! YOU ARE AN HAUSA/FULANI MAN TRYING TO POSE AS AN IGBO.
YOUR GAME IS OVER.

NO IGBO MAN CAN TAKE LOAN AND USE IT FOR MARRIAGE.
NO NO NO, THAT IS FOR HAUSA/FULANI'S
no mind am the mugu just exposed himself. its very easy to identify them.
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Ngwakwe: 11:50pm On Jun 27, 2012
shymex: Middle-belt is and will always be the FOOD BASKET of Nigeria!!

Benue feeds most of you from Lagos, Bayelsa, Enugu, to Sokoto.. undecided

Pay homage to these people, and stop making noise about the little food you guys produce in your regions.. undecided undecided

Apart from cassava which is produced nationwide, Middle-Belters feed Nigeria!! cool

You said you have not been to Nigeria and have not touch Naira, who do you represent and what is the credibility of you information
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by bashr8: 11:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
Ngwakwe:

You said you have not been to Nigeria and have not touch Naira, who do you represent and what is the credibility of you information
he read it on nairaland so he is quoting nairaland
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Azidogen2: 12:01am On Jun 28, 2012
Nairaland is now a place of electronic warfare!!!
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by edoyad(m): 12:03am On Jun 28, 2012
Ngwakwe:

bashr8: he read it on nairaland so he is quoting nairaland

But he is correct, or are you going to say that you don't know this?
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Decryptor(m): 12:39am On Jun 28, 2012
davidylan:

You expect people to go to the market and prepare food during a war? grin My brother wake up, its too early to be exposing such lack of reasoning.
U dey mind the illiterate?
Re: Food Scarcity Hits Kaduna As Igbo, Yoruba Traders Desert Markets! by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 28, 2012
davidylan:

lol igbo garri comes from where? Yoruba land abi?
Its quite funny how many ignorant folks post here... my igbo grandmother had more food products from her backyard farm than many yoruba markets.

And I just saw this one. And I'm assuming that you want me to take the bolded seriously.
Don't worry, my Yoruba grandfather was also herded more cows in his backyard than many Hausa herders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Has Not Zoned VP-Slot To SW / APC Crisis: Plot Against Oyegun Thickens / 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.