Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,812 members, 7,945,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 07:59 PM

Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) (38804 Views)

James Ibori Released From Prison, Reasted / Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S / Awolowo's Letter Of Resignation To Yakubu Gowon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by OneNaira6: 12:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
T9ksy: @ One_Naira,

Just want you to know that no one (at least, of note) gives a to.ss about you & your kwashokorred family.

When you make such pejorative remarks about Awo then i have the right to put you in your rightful place.

"Eni abata ka fi owo e ra atupa si eyinkule..............................

Pesin wey man fo sell, take di proceeds buy lantern put fo backyard...................

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh my ribs, this nigg@ wants to kill me with laughter today. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Someone got jokes

Ohh I'm so scared, I better not say a word about the hell-burning Awo person before t9ksy come get me. ROFLMFAO.

Nigg@ you got jokes I see.

Again thank you for caring so much and continue to address it thank you.

I've noticed you. You don't need to continue being an attention seeking LovePeddler.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by T9ksy(m): 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
One_Naira:

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh my ribs, this nigg@ wants to kill me with laughter today. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Someone got jokes

Ohh I'm so scared, I better not say a word about the hell-burning Awo person before t9ksy come get me. ROFLMFAO.

Nigg@ you got jokes I see.

Again thank you for caring so much and continue to address it thank you.

I've noticed you. You don't need to continue being an attention seeking LovePeddler.

"Pesin wey man fo sell.............................................."

That's all i have to say to you.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by OneNaira6: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
^^^^^Comedy central don end. WTF dude warn someone before ending your comedy.

But alas I say thank you for the jokes grin grin grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by SATANIDNTI: 1:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
You see how ignorant a lot you are. Tribalism debases any man whtheer ibo hausa or yoruba tribalism makes you less intellient and an agent of falsehood and evil
Look into Nigeria recorsd look into the date of Awolowos release you will be in no doubt that its was Ojukwu as the governor of the east that release him fro calabar prison Read Awo/s book for the time of his release.
But you are are so damaged that fact mean nothing to you.
Nigerians are full of lies
Huasas wrongly believed the 1966 coup was an ibo coup and other ignorants belived that too. Yet False.
Some ibos believe that Awolowo hates ibos that too is false yet some ignorant other belive that too. False that is
The fact that it was Ojukwu and ibo that foiled the coup in the north is a fact that tribalism doesnt allow others to KNOW.
Ojukwu as the MIlitary Governor of the East released Awolowo from calabar prison Awolowo repaid in kind by campaigning for Ojukwu's pardon from exile.

These facts lie in record yet Nigerians tribalists they are done want such info becuase it doesnt feed tribal hate
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by cheikh: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva
This is probably the only cogent reason why Awolowo could have resisted the temptation for fighting for the independence of the Yoruba race.

@^^ Why would he want to fight for so called independence without consulting the people? Awo was not the only prominent "Yoruba" and I doubt if he had the mandate from "Omo Odua" to launch out or engage in such enterprise. There was never any pressing need to do so anyway, whatever the Igbo or the rest of Nigerians may think/"wish". Self interest/preservation counts a lot. The(Yoruba) decision to remain in Nigeria is actually far more economically rewarding then and now than wanting out especially for the "elite" grin wink.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by T9ksy(m): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
cheikh:

@^^ Why would he want to fight for so called independence without consulting the people? Awo was not the only prominent "Yoruba" and I doubt if he had the mandate from "Omo Odua" to launch out or engage in such enterprise. There was never any pressing need to do so anyway, whatever the Igbo or the rest of Nigerians may think/"wish". Self interest/preservation counts a lot. The(Yoruba) decision to remain in Nigeria is actually far more economically rewarding then and now than wanting out especially for the "elite" grin wink.

At that particular moment in question, the yorubas (both the "elite" & the "commoners"wink have only 2

options: either they stay with One nigeria OR become a conquered territory of Ojukwu's BLF, like the Mid-west region.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by cheikh: 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
T9ksy
At that particular moment in question, the yorubas (both the "elite" & the "commoners" have only 2

options: either they stay with One nigeria OR become a conquered territory of Ojukwu's BLF, like the Mid-west region.
(

@^^ Bros, Pls forget about simplistic propaganda that was peddled by self serving idiots/propagandists who know nothing about "war" or military operations. Why do you believe that the South West(Yorubaland) will become a so called conquered territory of BLF? Was there such an intention in the first place? If there was such an intention, the story of the military operation in the South West will be different never mind the later day propagandists. BLF had the advantage of surprise which counts a lot in war but chose to exercise restraint and caution under Banjo to see how far dialogue/reason or change of heart will prevail. The problem some persons have with Awo is that most people forget that nothing was actually agreed let alone written/signed between Awo and Ojukwu. Everything, was as usual the "African way" no signed/written agreement concluded but everything was assumed to be agreed on orally. With that kind of wishy-washy belief of agreement, would you blame an Awo or anybody for changing their mind against secession given the [b]actual occupation [/b]of Yorubaland by fierce looking and hostile "Nigeria" when he realised the enormity of the enterprise. Nothing have changed since then everywhere in the South of Nigeria till this day sad. The Yoruba are not at fault whatsoever. They have to do what is expedient and practical for self. That is what serious people/nations do. grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by pazienza(m): 9:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
cheikh: T9ksy

@^^ Bros, Pls forget about simplistic propaganda that was peddled by self serving idiots/propagandists who know nothing about "war" or military operations. Why do you believe that the South West(Yorubaland) will become a so called conquered territory of BLF? Was there such an intention in the first place? If there was such an intention, the story of the military operation in the South West will be different never mind the later day propagandists. BLF had the advantage of surprise which counts a lot in war but chose to exercise restraint and caution under Banjo to see how far dialogue/reason or change of heart will prevail. The problem some persons have with Awo is that most people forget that nothing was actually agreed let alone written/signed between Awo and Ojukwu. Everything, was as usual the "African way" no signed/written agreement concluded but everything was assumed to be agreed on orally. With that kind of wishy-washy belief of agreement, would you blame an Awo or anybody for changing their mind against secession given the [b]actual occupation [/b]of Yorubaland by fierce looking and hostile "Nigeria" when he realised the enormity of the enterprise. Nothing have changed since then everywhere in the South of Nigeria till this day sad. The Yoruba are not at fault whatsoever. They have to do what is expedient and practical for self. That is what serious people/nations do. grin

This is exactly what we have been saying, yorubas and the minorities willingly joined nigerian forces to team up against biafra,there is nothing wrong with that, but what irks us is when they start printing lies alledging the phantom biafra invasion of the mid west and the march to ore,as their reason for teaming up against biafra, or when they try to sell the propaganda that yorubaland was under siege by the northern soldiers,now that is an insult to our intelligence.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by pazienza(m): 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2012

This is exactly what we have been saying, yorubas and the minorities willingly joined nigerian forces to team up against biafra,there is nothing wrong with that, but what irks us is when they start printing lies alledging the phantom biafra invasion of the mid west and the march to ore,as their reason for teaming up against biafra, or when they try to sell the propaganda that yorubaland was under siege by the northern soldiers,now that is an insult to our intelligence.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by T9ksy(m): 10:53am On Jul 20, 2012

@^^ Bros, Pls forget about simplistic propaganda that was peddled by self serving idiots/propagandists who know nothing about "war" or military operations. Why do you believe that the South West(Yorubaland) will become a so called conquered territory of BLF?

What became of the mid-west region after been "liberated" by Ojukwu's BLF?
So why should yorubaland be any different. Never mind the contents of the letter Ojukwu wrote to Banjo.

The problem some persons have with Awo is that most people forget that nothing was actually agreed let alone written/signed between Awo and Ojukwu. Everything, was as usual the "African way" no signed/written agreement concluded but everything was assumed to be agreed on orally. With that kind of wishy-washy belief of agreement, would you blame an Awo or anybody for changing their mind against secession given the actual occupation [/b]of Yorubaland by fierce looking and hostile "Nigeria" when he realised the enormity of the enterprise.

If the ibos were niave enough to [b]presumed
that the yorubas will go on a suicide run just because the ibos are now been

persecuted by their former bed-mate, then that's their bloody problem.

pazienza:

@ bolded,

Phantom(BLF) ke
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by cheikh: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
pazienza

@^^ I wonder why it irks you so much? Do the Yoruba not have the right to do what is right for their own survival? They do not have to justify their actions to anybody anyway if you really believe in "live and let live". Printing lies, propaganda and etc as you put it, is definitely an attribute of "warfare" grin and you cannot justifiably condemn them for that nor "teaming" up against Biafra as you saw it wrong. War and war time(s) is not a friendly game of football where there is an agreed rule and referee etc wink. You should be angry that the so called leaders(Biafra) did not enter into any "binding" treaty [/b]or [b]agreement written down of course not some wishy washy oral conversation. Ojukwu is an historian and clever enough to know better but he like most Africans are easily taken in by mere "sentiments" as usual shocked. Please do not blame the Yoruba for Ojukwu's ineptitude, oversight or lapse in concentration wink. It is War and subterfuge we are talking about here, not an "owanbe" party or "Atilogwu" dance competition grin. There is no right or wrong move whatsoever so long you can maintain your own rhythm/steps grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by omoba4real: 1:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
Chick here to get great books from Obafemi Awolowo
7ov.r.mailjet.com/2dPl.html

Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by omoba4real: 1:22pm On Jun 25, 2013
Click below to get books authored by Chief Obafemi Awolowo
7ov.r.mailjet.com/2dPl.html

Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by austinkenneth: 1:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
veraponpo: The main problem we have in this country is allowing the Ibos to be staying with the rest of us. I have no apology fo saying this. For the following reasons:
1. They argue blindly even when they dont know. I could remember one auto part seller (Ibo man) arguing with me in 2006 (an OAU graduate) that Nigeria's population was more than that of Brazil.
2. They always believe they are wiser even when they dont have half of your knowledge.
3. They always act before they think -the reason for Nzeogwu Kaduna's coup de tat(sorry for the spelling).
4. They always see others as being inferior to them even when you are the one hosting them, teaching them and helping them. Unnecessary pomposity
5. They always believe they can out-smart u in all areas especially.
6. They see others as coward because they fought just one senseless war (Biafrian war) and lost forgeting that Yoruba started Wild Wild West war in 1962 to 1965.
7. Always call Awolowo a betrayer because he advised Gowon against them forgeting that Biafrian soldiers started it by killing Yorubas in Ore (Ondo State).

I hate the Ibos bunch of unwise elements, selfish and idiotic set of people.

IS THERE STILL A MODERATOR HERE?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Letter From Prison (dated 28th March 1966) by don33310(m): 1:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
Pennywise: Jonathan can never write a letter like this even if his life depends on it.
lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

J. Martins Begs Jonathan For Forgiveness: No Freedom Of Speech, Corruption Worse / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Electoral Violence And Disruptions In Lagos, Shares Video / Throwback Video Of Lateef Jakande On Queue To Cast His Vote In July 1979

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.