Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,279 members, 7,940,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

Can U Do This? With Pix - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can U Do This? With Pix (16400 Views)

If You Were To Be The Opposite Sex For An Hour, What Will U Do First? / Imported Diaper For Babies (with Pix) / What Would U Do If Ur Brother-inlaw Slapped U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Sike(m): 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
LaiLai
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by mspookie: 1:18pm On Jun 29, 2012
inspirenet:

I think he's divorced. He looks sad

am with u on this, looks like his wife eloped with another man.... :'
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2012
There's something disturbing about that picture.
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Tgirl4real(f): 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2012
talina: This is adorable! No,this actually makes him MORE of a man!He loves his family and is right in there helping out and doesn't care what anyone else thinks!My interpretation anyways cheesy

It looks ridiculous to me. How would he feel when the in-laws or his family show up? Must he carry baby and wash at the same time? Except if he doesn't have a wife or he is jobless so he stays home to nurse the baby while wifey goes to work.

Na wa o. sad
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Tgirl4real(f): 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2012
I can neva allow my hubby to do such sad
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Chinom(m): 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
That's really nice. But i no fit do am. Kudos to the man. He should save the pic for the child when he or she grows up.
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by jackima: 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2012
Baba ikoko, e ku oro omo ooooo.
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Oxone(m): 3:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
Chinom: That's really nice. But i no fit do am. Kudos to the man. He should save the pic for the child when he or she grows up.

dont see myself doing it either, musnt carry a child on my back to show i care & yes i dont have a problem helping out with the house chores

1 Like

Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by dasparrow: 3:36pm On Jun 29, 2012
WhyAWhy: [size=18pt]There are many men on this forum who are 1 cent worth of a man. I wonder what you think a man is.

Possibilities
1. His wife is cooking in the kitchen while he needs to do a quick laundry. Kitchen environment is not too good for a baby's respiratory health
2. His wife has gone to the market/is ill and he wants to save her from the trouble of carrying the baby around.

infact, you people should get a life! Sometimes i feel ashamed of being a man hearing the way some men think. What's wrong in this for crying out loud?!![/size]
[size=14pt]It takes more than having a pendulum to be called a man!!![/size]

Don't mind them. That is why many Nigerian men are forsaken by their biological children when they are old, terminally sick and on their death bed. Go and see the way many white fathers bond with their children. The Nigerian/African man however only knows how to pregnate and pregnate but hardly takes an active part in the rearing of the child. He chooses to take a passive role in the upbringing of the child instead. And then we wonder why our continent Africa is the laughing stock of the whole world. Charity they say begins at home. If black fathers would take their fatherhood responsibilities seriously, then we would see a positive impact on the children as well.
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Tgirl4real(f): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
dasparrow:

Don't mind them. That is why many Nigerian men are forsaken by their biological children when they are old, terminally sick and on their death bed. Go and see the way many white fathers bond with their children. The Nigerian/African man however only knows how to pregnate and pregnate but hardly takes an active part in the rearing of the child. He chooses to take a passive role in the upbringing of the child instead. And then we wonder why our continent Africa is the laughing stock of the whole world. Charity they say begins at home. If black fathers would take their fatherhood responsibilities seriously, then we would see a positive impact on the children as well.

Truth is, it may not look ridiculous if it's a white man involved cos that's how they live. Their culture permits it. But here is Africa, it looks sooooooooooo ridiculous. I am not saying it's wrong for a man to help his wife . . . but this pic simply portray a jobless man. Can't the wife back the baby while cooking.

Nonsense!
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by lepasharon(f): 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ekpekus: When his mate are @ work hustling 4 their family!!!!! If he had a job, will he do that? Boxers, no shirt, tie pikin wey dey hungry 4 back... Where the wife go?

who told you? It might be the weekend,or his wife may be ill.. gosh
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by spyder880(m): 5:02pm On Jun 29, 2012
Sometimes, its not even the man's fault. There are times when a man will notice that the wife is the wrong type, that the kids will suffer if you dont do the work yourself.
Maybe the wife left the house, kid hungry, in the middle of his own shi,t, crying his head off and the man came in and saw this, the wise thing to do is to gather the child and save the situation first.
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2012
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
There's no shame in this.
A man should be able to perform any task for the benefit of his family.

1 Like

Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Naijaklef: 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
chaircover: I am a woman and something makes me feel uncomfortable with that picture. . . ., maybe its a deep seated cultural thing about babies on womens backs.

By all means a man should help his wife with the house chores and looking after the children but a man putting a baby on his back with a wrapper is lipsrsealed. Women want strong men that they can respect & look up to and the same man that you push out of bed to investigate when you hear noises in the night is the same man that you give your ankara to in the afternoon to back the baby. No wonder so many men are confused. I once saw a woman molue driver once and that too made me feel lipsrsealed

If that were to be my husband and I was tired/indisposed/not around/busy/sick wharrever or just wants to help, he will bounce the baby up and down on his lap until baby falls asleep and baby can be laid down in his cot . . . I wont even lend him my ankara. My husband is one of the best dads around but he never backed a baby with cloth and even if he offered I will never allow it . . . .anything else maybe, but not baby on back.

I am probably not explaining this right (its friday naw) maybe another woman reading this can put this in better words grin

Thank u Jare, ChairCover!

How many of these "NA KAM AKPAKO" ladies supporting dis stuff wld be happy to see their own younger brother doing dis in his marital home
Wen they visit

How many of you ladies will be happy to see your ELDER BROTHER or YOUNGER BROTHER washing clothes and trying to bathe d baby in his marital home

Wen dat happens... Wld u call him a MAN?

BE REAL, DIS IS NIGERIA!
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by ChiDalu1: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2012
Good husband & father
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by ChiDalu1: 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2012
Naijaklef:

Thank u Jare, ChairCover!

How many of these "NA KAM AKPAKO" ladies supporting dis stuff wld be happy to see their own younger brother doing dis in his marital home
Wen they visit

How many of you ladies will be happy to see your ELDER BROTHER or YOUNGER BROTHER washing clothes and trying to bathe d baby in his marital home

Wen dat happens... Wld u call him a MAN?

BE REAL, DIS IS NIGERIA!

Pls wat do u mean?, Is the child not his child too?, what is wrong with d man backing his child?, what if he decided to do it of his free will? Na wa ooooo or is there a law preventing men from taking care of their kids just like women do?
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2012
Tgirl4real:

It looks ridiculous to me. How would he feel when the in-laws or his family show up? Must he carry baby and wash at the same time? Except if he doesn't have a wife or he is jobless so he stays home to nurse the baby while wifey goes to work.

Na wa o. sad

I guess people have their different perceptions of this because of culture and what theyre used to seeing. To each their own opinion and honest reaction. I can understand why this may be hard to accept for a lot of people. smiley

1 Like

Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by item1: 1:08am On Jun 30, 2012
IF AND ONLY IF ALL MEN WERE LIKE THIS .NO1 WILL TAKE A BRIBE OF $620K.
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by agiboma(f): 1:34am On Jun 30, 2012
nothing wrong with the pic, today my hubby was washing the dishes as i was bathing our son. People should move into the modern ages and stop thinking so primative.
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by FILEBE(m): 2:36am On Jun 30, 2012
@ Op. Na detergent d man dey use wash sha. Shey na Omo abi na Ariel? Wetin im dy use?
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by dayokanu(m): 2:50am On Jun 30, 2012
God forbid bad thing
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 30, 2012
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by dalaman: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2012
I can't and I won't.
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by vanitty: 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2012
In my own point of view, this does not mean he is the best father in the world neither does it translate to him being jobless

How this automatically turns to the man is jobless is beyond me, it could be his free day from work, it could be a man that works on rotation basis, it could be on annual leave from work.

I suppose it is the 'ankara' people can't seem to look past.
Were it to be a 'posh' baby carrier, I doubt people would protest this much.

The only thing that might be wrong with this is the safety of the baby. I personally don't think an ankara is strong enough to hold the baby and I refuse to let anyone carry my babies like this. All the shebi you were carried that way is not my business lol. I insist only God kept me safe with all the experiment my grandma did on me and siblings lol.
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Tgirl4real(f): 11:00am On Jul 02, 2012
I had a meeting after service yesterday, so I had to give my 18months baby to some church members. Not long afterwards, I saw one of the male members come out backing my baby. I was shocked o and my mind immediately came back to this topic.

I guess it's our mindset sha. But the thing still looks ridiculous to me. grin
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by Tgirl4real(f): 11:04am On Jul 02, 2012
vanitty: In my own point of view, this does not mean he is the best father in the world neither does it translate to him being jobless

How this automatically turns to the man is jobless is beyond me, it could be his free day from work, it could be a man that works on rotation basis, it could be on annual leave from work.

I suppose it is the 'ankara' people can't seem to look past.
Were it to be a 'posh' baby carrier, I doubt people would protest this much.

The only thing that might be wrong with this is the safety of the baby. I personally don't think an ankara is strong enough to hold the baby and I refuse to let anyone carry my babies like this. All the shebi you were carried that way is not my business lol. I insist only God kept me safe with all the experiment my grandma did on me and siblings lol.

Right. lol
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2012
Lagusta:
Thanx Lagusta I appreciate you too
This is the best post ever, God bless u jare
Re: Can U Do This? With Pix by fredyluv10(m): 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
@ d risk of sounding rigid.. but i think dats d role of d woman grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? / Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? / Culture Vs Legal Law: Who Owns The Child???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.