Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:55 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1812590 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dainfamous: 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
spyder880: Villa de la Toscana, ebe ife nine n' eme live!!!

Mr. Ibu says hi!
baby here is toscana ebe ife na eme hehehehehehe
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
billante:

Thats the vision and what peter obi is doing....spreading development all through anambra by building rural roads and bridges,making anambra a multi town developed state unlike what enugu is! but his critics here in nairaland and el rufia&company will rather want him to concentrate on awka and make it as beautiful as enugu while other towns and villages are neglected.... common sense wont tell them is better to have an average all town developed state than having an only one or two 5 star city developed state

you can travel from onitsha to awka or onitsha to nnewi without seeing much bushes and undeveloped expanse of land but try that from enugu to nsukka or enugu to udi and see forest game reserves.

[size=14pt]No offense my bro but Anambra state is aeons behind Enugu . I have friends in anambra state and they all have NOTHING good to say about Peter Obi . Peter Obi spends state resources sponsoring Tv station coverage of developments in anambra state and when i say developments i mean commissioning a borehole or a tap grin grin grin grin Please lets not turn this into a state comparison thread . grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
billante:

Thats the vision and what peter obi is doing....spreading development all through anambra by building rural roads and bridges,making anambra a multi town developed state unlike what enugu is! but his critics here in nairaland and el rufia&company will rather want him to concentrate on awka and make it as beautiful as enugu while other towns and villages are neglected.... common sense wont tell them is better to have an average all town developed state than having an only one or two 5 star city developed state

you can travel from onitsha to awka or onitsha to nnewi without seeing much bushes and undeveloped expanse of land but try that from enugu to nsukka or enugu to udi and see forest game reserves.

Thats the point am trying to make. Nkwo is my home town and my mom is from Isikwe-Achi, do you know that the road from Oji River to Achi is highly inaccessible and unmotorable. Infact I couldn't even travel in my car to Achi to see my maternal home because of bad road. Until we have a governor in Enugu state that will develop the rural areas enugu state will continue to be 75% rural and poor.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dainfamous: 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2012
Amechara_ovoko: .
Ur govno is not a waste. Is Asaba not a good place to look ? What of Warri ? Sapele ? etc. When u came, did u go beyond coal city ? Is there any other town again we can be proud of in Enugu state ? Forget all the noise they make here. Beside Asaba,You even have other visitable towns in Delta. But after Enugu here = 0 0 0
u get no shame give chime the same amount delta state dey collect u will not recognise enugu again abeg stop shaming delta state cuz u dont need big allocated burget money to develop ur state enugu have proved it, now walk away with ur head down......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bashr8: 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
one.east:

Thats the point am trying to make. Nkwo is my home town and my mom is from Isikwe-Achi, do you know that the road from Oji River to Achi is highly inaccessible and unmotorable. Infact I couldn't even travel in my car to Achi to see my maternal home because of bad road. Until we have a governor in Enugu state that will develop the rural areas enugu state will continue to be 75% rural and poor.
being rural does not translate to being poor i hope u know that , besides are u not ashamed to compare enugu with delta that collect almost 1000 times what enugu collects yet no city in delta can compete with enugu city , men just pretend this thread dont exist.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

[size=14pt]No offense my bro but Anambra state is aeons behind Enugu . I have friends in anambra state and they all have NOTHING good to say about Peter Obi . Peter Obi spends state resources sponsoring Tv station coverage of developments in anambra state and when i say developments i mean commissioning a borehole or a tap grin grin grin grin Please lets not turn this into a state comparison thread . grin grin grin[/size]

My friend you are not more enugu state citizen than myself. But I just tell you Anambra is well ahead of Enugu state. You can travel from Anambra north pole to the south pole without any road hitch, but can you do the same in Enugu state? You can't even travel from 9th mile to Nsukka without meeting your waterloo. I will always say the truth the way it is. They have got the human capital, they have got the natural resources, they have got the rural areas connected to each other. I mean development goes beyond what you see in enugu urban. Have you asked yourself why a place like Nsukka has not developed beyond being a university village? We need to open our eyes and see through the big scam by Sullivan. He has not created wealth nor attracted one single investment to employ the youths. Instead our youths are running to Abuja, Lagos, PH, Onitsha and so on just to make a living. And some fools are online praising Enugu this enugu that.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
Enugu is the best!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MrEverest(m): 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
spyder880: One major problem in Enugu is potable water, I am digging a well in one of my projects and we have dug over 50 feet and no sign of water, all we get there are coal like earth.
Enugu lies in a basement complex area wit coal seams and lignite rocks, i guess u have 2 dig much more 2 get 2 d aquifer zone. BTW i never knew dat coal city is this beautiful, i only passed on a few occasions. D city is even aestetically better than some African capitals!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by billante(m): 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Yes I agree peter does not do gigantic projects but he spreads his development all over the state! Anambra now has d best intra state roads and I will keep shouting dat over d roof! Just try and Drive tru idemili and I bet u will get lost in d mist of network of good roads tru towns and villages there.

Even anam and umuleri of all people are being remembered!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
billante:

Make I no talk but you are so wrong if you think Peter Obi has a hand in the development of rural Anambra state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ozonna(m): 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
one.east:

My point is that the governor should stop deceiving himself. He should concentrate attention in rural areas to empower the people over there. Even the road from 9th mile to my house at Ngwo is quite unmotorable.

I had to pack my car at 9th mile all thru the xmas because of inaccessibility of the rural communities. I so much wish that my lovely state Enugu will soon develop eveningly more especially rural, just like we are seeing in our sister state Anambra. Can you imagine that I was amazed when I got to Agulu last month it was already developing into a town because of govt provision of accessible infrastructure.

Places like Ekwulobia and Umunze are presently witnessing influx of people, business and bank presence due to accessible roads there reducing rural-urban migration. I want to see a day when places as Udi and Nsukka of over 100years will be revived for people to live and trade/work and attract businesses. Before now Chimaroke commenced construction of an International market along the expressway after 'ugwu onyeama', the project was to trap huge capital flight leaving Enugu state on daily basis to Onitsha for shopping, this governor should have completed the project instead he has gone on a wide goose chase, leaving the rural areas to rot. Even farmers cannot transport their wares due to inaccessibility.

We cannot keeping praising a failed governor who is merely running maintenance and painting of roads on already existing infrastructure. We in Ngwo cannot wait for a capable hand to take over government soon.

Oga biko what part of Ngwo are you talking about dat's inaccesible? You want Sullivan to Tar ur compound? Dude dat man's doing his best (albeit by 9ja standard). He's started fixing rural roads and connecting villages. Was in enugu last may and I was told by somone in govt that Ngwo road'll soon be fixed by nxt year. Infact construction companies have started bidding for it (and I hope d govt won't disappoint)

You mentioned about Agriculture and since you claim 2 be from Ngwo,did u not see d poultry,piggery boom dat town is experiencing. Youths in dat town have embraced Agriculture.

I'm suspecting you're either a fan of Chimaroke or like someone here said you're Chino, whoever you are pls be objective. Enugu may not have wealthy citizens like Anambra but it still doesn't take away the fact that Enugu state is Working and indeed To God be the Glory

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
one.east:

My friend you are not more enugu state citizen than myself. But I just tell you Anambra is well ahead of Enugu state. You can travel from Anambra north pole to the south pole without any road hitch, but can you do the same in Enugu state? You can't even travel from 9th mile to Nsukka without meeting your waterloo. I will always say the truth the way it is. They have got the human capital, they have got the natural resources, they have got the rural areas connected to each other. I mean development goes beyond what you see in enugu urban. Have you asked yourself why a place like Nsukka has not developed beyond being a university village? We need to open our eyes and see through the big scam by Sullivan. He has not created wealth nor attracted one single investment to employ the youths. Instead our youths are running to Abuja, Lagos, PH, Onitsha and so on just to make a living. And some fools are online praising Enugu this enugu that.

Shoprite came to Enugu through Sulliva. Shoprite created over 3000 jobs... Now tell me what it is. What has peter done, even his grand beer factory is located in PH
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MrEverest(m): 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
one.east:

whats your point? PLS DO NOT DERAIL THIS BEAUTIFUL THREAD!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by billante(m): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
one.east:

I won't call Sullivan a scam or not working! He just choose his own kind of development and strategy!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

[size=14pt]I see you haven't gone into your cage yet MR MONKEY . Construction boom ko construction boom ni grin grin grin . I travel a lot and one thing i can tell you is that in each and EVERY ONE of these construction sites , the contracts are ALWAYS handed out to Julius berger or Chinkos or indians and you are here telling me the youths are shunning the "construction boom" . I asked you in the failed states thread HOW IGNORANT AND STUP!D CAN YOU BE ? or do you think ANYONE can just work in a construction site ? My friend FYI PROFESSIONALS are hired to work on these construction sites . You seem to have this "I TOO KNOW" personality whereas you know nothing , nada , zilch . The Agricultural sector can employ hundreds of youths to either water the crops , pick the crops , apply pesticides ETC . i would like to see the day your fictitious "construction boom" does that and let me ask you this question WHAT HAPPENS TO THE TEMPORARY JOBS YOUR SO CALLED "CONSTRUCTION BOOM" CREATES WHEN THE CONSTRUCTION / ROADS ARE COMPLETED ? ABI NA EVERYDAY DEM GO DEY BUILD SOMETHING ? OGA USE YOUR BRAIN. #THINK [/size]

Oh for heaven's sake, can you i.diots just f.uck off this beautiful thread and allow the OP to do his thing. You got a thing against Enugu and her governor? fine but go and open your own thread and whine there 'cause this one is not for you. Stop derailing this thread. Jeez.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Amecharaovoko(m): 10:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
Da infamous: u get no shame give chime the same amount delta state dey collect u will not recognise enugu again abeg stop shaming delta state cuz u dont need big allocated burget money to develop ur state enugu have proved it, now walk away with ur head down......
Thanks for walking me out. I Know truth is bitter. Keep dicivng urself. Who told u that what enugu state is getting as allocation is not enough to turn the state to obodo oyibo ? Is either u are one of the thieves swallowing the fund or u are a mugu who just find himself b4 a laptop. Ewu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bestview: 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
ZUBY77:

Shoprite came to Enugu through Sulliva. Shoprite created over 3000 jobs... Now tell me what it is. What has peter done, even his grand beer factory is located in PH

I hope you don't want this piece of a thread derailed into a war zone?

Do you know shoprite you are talking about has sent more Enugu state people into the roads of poverty? SA company has taken over and broke entrepreneurial chain in the state that empowers the common man. Ask an economist he will enlighten you better.

As for Peter Obi, he has brought FDI worth 15B, am talking of the greenfield Sabmiller brewery plant that will be commissioned soon in Onitsha. He has also brought the Koreans LG company that are building a world class electronic plant in Awka worth over 10B. He has invested billions for the future of Anambra in Orient Petroleum, the company that is developing refinery facility that will also be commissioned soon in Otucha- Anambra. This is what is called real investment and not just SA run supermarket. So don't just go there bro
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by billante(m): 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
Odunnu:
Make I no talk but you are so wrong if you think Peter Obi has a hand in the development of rural Anambra state.

So tell me who has a hand in d development of anambra rural areas? Mbadinuju? Do you know how man rural roads and bridges obi has constructed and is still constructing!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by billante(m): 10:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
Bandit C.:

Oh for heaven's sake, can you i.diots just f.uck off this beautiful thread and allow the OP to do his thing. You got a thing against Enugu and her governor? fine but go and open your own thread and whine there 'cause this one is not for you. Stop derailing this thread. Jeez.

My friend the thread is already derailed! Deal with it.... Spyder has done an excellent job! Yes we know enugu city is very beautiful and cool! But we need to trash out other topics cropping up.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 10:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
billante:

So tell me who has a hand in d development of anambra rural areas? Mbadinuju? Do you know how man rural roads and bridges obi has constructed and is still constructing!

If the development is housing, then Government has no hand. Anambra is the most built up State in Nigeria apart from Lagos. Some parts of Imo(Orlu area, Mbano,Mbaitoli and Ikeduru) are equally as built up as Anambra. The reason is because that has been the most densely populated part of Nigeria right from pre-colonial times. Majority of people from that area are living outside their homeland at present.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
This is Ninth mile in Ngwo town, neat roads, banks springing up everywhere grin

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ozonna:

Oga biko what part of Ngwo are you talking about dat's inaccesible? You want Sullivan to Tar ur compound? Dude dat man's doing his best (albeit by 9ja standard). He's started fixing rural roads and connecting villages. Was in enugu last may and I was told by somone in govt that Ngwo road'll soon be fixed by nxt year. Infact construction companies have started bidding for it (and I hope d govt won't disappoint)

You mentioned about Agriculture and since you claim 2 be from Ngwo,did u not see d poultry,piggery boom dat town is experiencing. Youths in dat town have embraced Agriculture.

I'm suspecting you're either a fan of Chimaroke or like someone here said you're Chino, whoever you are pls be objective. Enugu may not have wealthy citizens like Anambra but it still doesn't take away the fact that Enugu state is Working and indeed To God be the Glory

yes am a fan of Chimaroke, because he brought wealth and employment to enugu state. Even my people of Ngwo benefited immensely too. I remember the days of Rainbow Net and so on. We will support Okey Ezea 2015 or Ugo Agbala if he is coming out again. We need a governor that will revive the abandoned rural areas.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MrEverest(m): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
ROSSIKE:

What valid points has he made? If youths are unemployed as he claims why doesn't he go and start a business in Enugu and employ a couple of youths? It's not government's job anywhere in the world to ''employ youths''. That's the job of private business people. It's even nonsense to claim that ''youths are unemployed''. All those buildings and roads being built there, is it old men from the village that are involved in their construction? A construction boom such as is clearly evident there means there are jobs for those who want to work.
pls forget d detractors, som ppl r pessimists by nature, they criticise destructively without providing solutions.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ozonna(m): 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
bestview:

I hope you don't want this piece of a thread derailed into a war zone?

Do you know shoprite you are talking about has sent more Enugu state people into the roads of poverty? SA company has taken over and broke entrepreneurial chain in the state that empowers the common man. Ask an economist he will enlighten you better.

As for Peter Obi, he has brought FDI worth 15B, am talking of the greenfield Sabmiller brewery plant that will be commissioned soon in Onitsha. He has also brought the Koreans LG company that are building a world class electronic plant in Awka worth over 10B. He has invested billions for the future of Anambra in Orient Petroleum, the company that is developing refinery facility that will also be commissioned soon in Otucha- Anambra. This is what is called real investment and not just SA run supermarket. So don't just go there bro

OMG!!! Y ve u guys turning dis thread into Sullivan Vs Obi thread. Please kindly open your own thread and show us what Peter Obi has achieved in his 6yrs as Gov of Anambra State BIKO NU!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
billante:

My friend the thread is already derailed! Deal with it.... Spyder has done an excellent job! Yes we know enugu city is very beautiful and cool! But we need to trash out other topics cropping up.

Then go and open your own thread and discuss the topic to your heart content or are you lot too s.tupid to understand that. Just f.uck off. No one is interested in your baseless bickering.
If you feel your own state is better posited and more viable than what spyder is trying to do here, be our guest and create your own topic where you can show us more about your agriculture and rural development.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Whitehorse: 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
Simplez!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
This place being a transit town, witnesses a lot of traffic from the east of Nigeria to the north.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
This is the upper part of Ninth mile, Nsude town (T junction) trucks lifting Heineken beer out of Ninth mile to other parts of Nigeria.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by billante(m): 10:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ok spyder is about to go back to work! Let's respect his thread! I shield back my sword! grin

Igbo mma manu!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Maxybaby(f): 10:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
Well done OP, u really showed d good, d bad, and d ugly in Enugu state. Don't mind d haters in this thread. Is so obvious their eyes is poping out with envy. I can't believe some airheads are comparing Anambara state to Enugu (lmao). Its sad that their govt has been cursed with bad, selfish leaders. i travel alot, i've been to d north, south, some places in east and d west. And my honest assessment is this.
The north has a very good road network. If u are going to d north from d east, u'll notice that once u enter benue, d road becomes very smooth. But when it comes to development (in aspect of social and infra structural) they still have a long way to go. Coming to d east, d problem we have is greed and selfishness. Contracts are awarded for different projects, but there is little or nothing to show for it. And our govt feel reluctant to persecute those offenders, cos they have some sort of pact with them. The south is emerging gradually, (they done they tear eye small small lol). They are seriously fighting for control of their resources. And come 2016 when d re-issuing of d oil wells start they are not going to let things be 'business as usually'. As for d west, apart from lagos, their cities are old, although some of their governors are trying to upgrade their cites (like i've seen in Ondo state), alot is still to be desired.
Coming to Enugu, i commend d governor for d little he has done. He didn't let greed get in d way of him doing his job. I just pray that he will put more effort. He still has 3years to go.
The reason why other races look down on us is because we have no regard for our brother. Instead of encouraging d few that are willing to develop nation. We are here bashing them.
Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
Who says Sullivan is not doing rural roads, this is Nsude town as at 6 hours ago! Today.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
This road leads to Sullivan's town of Udi, you get there after passing Nsude, Obioma, Abia and then Udi, construction of road is ongoing on the rural road now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (709) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.