Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,986 members, 7,873,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:12 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1812689 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 15, 2014
I MUST visit Enugu next year!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:21am On Aug 15, 2014
cjrane:

..... of course with lots of ornamental pine trees and colorful flowers!!! smiley smiley smiley
muaaah ! Enugu buzikwa obodo oyibo!!!

^^^Don't bet on it! The Akwatta embankment area and newly constructed Ziks bridge......what landscaping and tree planting have they done at these two locations close to a year after construction finished? I've noticed that it's only posh areas like independence layout that they bother with aesthetics!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:06am On Aug 15, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Don't bet on it! The Akwatta embankment area and newly constructed Ziks bridge......what landscaping and tree planting have they done at these two locations close to a year after construction finished? I've noticed that it's only posh areas like independence layout that they bother with aesthetics!

I think you are right, even around this median (will take and post the pictures later) they have started designing it with concrete already. grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 5:46am On Aug 15, 2014
biafrandream:
..............................................................................................

Brother you are right, I too cannot give my vote to an Hausa/Fulani jihadist, no matter what happens. GEJ himself is an efulefu and a no no for me. My option is to keep my vote and wait for Biafra because giving my vote to my oppressor to keep on oppressing me is stupidity.

I am sorry friends that I sounded so harsh, I was just pissed.
You didn't sound any harsh brother and you do not owe anyone apology. I understand all u said but you still have to make a choice pending when we have our own state of Biafra or governing nigeria to our satisfaction.
I wish Boko haram will speed up the division of this messed country where nothing works.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goldmind1(m): 7:13am On Aug 15, 2014
I want to move finally from Lagos to Enugu. Pls advise me.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 11:35am On Aug 15, 2014
Goldmind1: I want to move finally from Lagos to Enugu. Pls advise me.
Only ur pocket will advice you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
Bad as they said Chimaroke Nnamani was, he still left us with some projects which continues to make positive impacts in the life of Enugu people

This is Loma Linda estates Enugu. Built for the middle class and sold out to the masses at around N3m naira for each flat back then (if my memory is right)

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
More of Loma Linda estates.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
We need more of this in Enugu state. Next governor should take note.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
Overlooking another part of Independence layout.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
spyder880: We need more of this in Enugu state. Next governor should take note.

^^^Dunno.....i'm just not feeling this place!

It's got an 'industrial/institution' feel about it! Doesn't look anything like a residential estate!

And if it's been completed for more than a decade now, where are the trees and shrubs?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Yeske2(m): 2:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
spyder880: Overlooking another part of Independence layout.
My hood years back, cool Enugu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
IGBOSON1:

It's got an 'industrial/institution' feel about it! Doesn't look anything like a residential estate!

And if it's been completed for more than a decade now, where are the trees and shrubs?

There is so much the government can do, even though it may be their(govt) responsibility, the residents can easily take up a tree planting program.

The place looks organized enough, it takes just one or two passionate individuals to get it done.

I tell you the place will be totally transformed.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
You want good taxi cabs to drive you around Enugu, hop in. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
Behind Goshen estates, New Artisan Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by capricon: 7:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
IGBOSON1:

Its a low income housing project

Enugu needs more of it.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by capricon: 7:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
spyder880: Behind Goshen estates, New Artisan Enugu.
What's the name of the estate? Tot Goshen were bungalows
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
I thought Enugu was building Mono rail?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
Bishop42: I thought Enugu was building Mono rail?

Enugu doesn't need a monorail - what it needs is light rail (like the S-Bahn in Germany), it is much cheaper and is in use in cities like Dublin. "Monorail" is an ego trip.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
Amazing Enugu, new road works around Emene junction towards Abakaliki express road.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
The new Enugu will stretch from the New Artisan area all the way to the Centenary City, till Independence layout Phase II.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
Spyder,

That Dunamis auditorium is massive - have any idea when it was finished? I didn't notice it until this year.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Don't buy any land at the back of Goshen estates, there is a land dispute and serious fight between Ugwuaji and Umuchigbo communities. Case still pending while the military are patrolling the area.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
HappyJoe: Spyder,

That Dunamis auditorium is massive - have any idea when it was finished? I didn't notice it until this year.

I will zoom it and bring it closer. .......

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
spyder880:

I love the colours cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 9:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Spyder,

It appears Enugu is moving in the direction of Abakaliki, PH road and Nsuka - but I notice that the town has no central business district.

It needs to factor that in now - to avoid the mistakes of Lagos.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
spyder880:

^^^What is it for.....you know?

Nice pics by the way!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
eaglechild:
I love the colours cheesy

It is like they gave ten children crayons and told them to, " go for it"
Okay
lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 7:11am On Aug 16, 2014
Spyder has the Enugu light rail project been abandoned?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 7:15am On Aug 16, 2014
spyder880: Don't buy any land at the back of Goshen estates, there is a land dispute and serious fight between Ugwuaji and Umuchigbo communities. Case still pending while the military are patrolling the area.

This kind thing should not be allowed to happen in igboland

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 8:05am On Aug 16, 2014
spyder880: The new Enugu will stretch from the New Artisan area all the way to the Centenary City, till Independence layout Phase II.
Way to go.

I notice that a dumpster is already in place even though the place is still under development.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (709) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.