Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,426 members, 7,929,395 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 01:24 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1833215 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
I just came into Enugu, there has been a recent increase in armed robbery in Enugu.
Just this weekend, a filling station in Trans Ekulu and a Dstv retail office in GRA were robbed, killing some people. Abakpa has always being the crime den of Enugu but for it to be encroaching Trans ekulu, GRA and other parts of Enugu means that some ugly is brewing.

Could it be:
*Politics, as election draws close and the. political tension in Enugu
*Run-away criminals from Anambra, as Obiano declares war on them.
*-Mber month, as x-mass draws close.
*Recent population increase in Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
Innovator90:

Gov. Chime knows deeply within him that the biggest legacy he has after he leaves office is to ensure the completion Enugu International Airport. He has to collaborate with Nigerian Aviation - they can't just do as they want with cheap work - to make sure it's finished beyond typical Nigerian standard. I'm not impressed at all with the work done at the local wing in spite of the money allocated for it....such a shitty work. I don't expect the new international terminal to look extravagant or eye-popping like Dubai, Qatar or Malaysian airports with marble and glass everywhere, but something simple yet very quality as most small US airports will be ideal. Any mediocre work done will infuriate most Igbo people and will jeopardize financial viability. Something I'd like to see and I hope Enugu government is already doing is to have investors site quality hotels within 5-10 miles radius of the airport.

^^^I've echoed similar sentiments in the past on the poor finishing at the local wing of AIIA, as well as the need to build one or two 4-star hotels around the airport area like we see in other cities around the world with Int'l airports!

I'm a perfectionist, and this is why i tend to complain a lot about the low standard and poor quality of projects delivered in the South East! I've noticed that the Enugu Governor shares the same high standards as i do (the state secretariat being a case in point), so i'm hoping that before he leaves office next year, he would have set the ball rolling concerning providing AIIA with most of what it needs to be a successful venture!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
biafrandream: Please, if the new states are created, would Sullivan be entitled to contest governorship of new Enugu. I need contributions from this forum.
He would be eligible to contest, because the new state is a separate legal entity from the 'old' Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 12:37am On Sep 08, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^I've echoed similar sentiments in the past on the poor finishing at the local wing of AIIA, as well as the need to build one or two 4-star hotels around the airport area like we see in other cities around the world with Int'l airports!

I'm a perfectionist, and this is why i tend to complain a lot about the low standard and poor quality of projects delivered in the South East! I've noticed that the Enugu Governor shares the same high standards as i do (the state secretariat being a case in point), so i'm hoping that before he leaves office next year, he would have set the ball rolling concerning providing AIIA with most of what it needs to be a successful venture!

I completely concur with your statement of the usually low quality and poor-ugly design SE governors (EXCEPT) Chime usually settle for. I agree with you that Sullivan Chime's projects such as the Twin bridges at Ziks avenue, the state secretariat etc bear evidence of his trademark high taste and high standard. I have also regrettably realized that an ugly shape does not necessarily mean it is cheap! Some of our SE projects cost much more than projects in other parts of the country, yet they are not exactly eye popping. Imagine that the exquisitely designed Dutse airport cost just N11 billion Naira to build!!! If that airport were in the SE, it would have cost 10 times more and with an all concrete ugly design like in the second picture.

[b]Airports require to have enough space to develop and reach their full potential. This takes time, and with time land poachers insidiously encroach on the airport land.Securing airport land away from land poachers in a growing city such as Enugu will be one touch hell of a job.
I think the greatest gift Chime can give to the AIIA is to guarantee enough space for it to develop into a regional aviation hub. This will be difficult as people will see the land reserved for the expansion of the airport as a waste of space. Chime should in the interim use barbed wire fencing to secure about 700-800 meters of land in front of the present 3KM runway and donate it to the airport to guarantee there will be space for runway extension when the funds are available. In this way, when the present runway needs to be extended to atleast 3.5 KM which is the global standard for international airports to enable safe takeoff & landing of the maximum cargo weight-laden Boeing 747s or airbus 340 huge airplanes to operate long distance cargo haulage flights to Enugu, there will be space to do that.
Likewise, the state government should also ban any building construction in the land on the airport side of the Ekulu river. The Ekulu River must be a natural boundary demarcating the airport property from Abakpa phase-2 being aggressively developed as we speak.
This area will be part of the airport as it develops into an aviation hub and will readily provide land for a parallel second runway which may be required in the future if the airport becomes very busy from being a hub.

The looming tragedy we have continued to observe since last year when the first international flight into Enugu occurred, is that land grabbers have invaded all the open spaces around the airport area, which will ultimately choke the airport of land for future expansion and rob it of the opportunity to become a true aviation hub in the future.[/b]

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 7:05am On Sep 08, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

I completely concur with your statement of the usually low quality and poor-ugly design SE governors (EXCEPT) Chime usually settle for. I agree with you that Sullivan Chime's projects such as the Twin bridges at Ziks avenue, the state secretariat etc bear evidence of his trademark high taste and high standard. I have also regrettably realized that an ugly shape does not necessarily mean it is cheap! Some of our SE projects cost much more than projects in other parts of the country, yet they are not exactly eye popping. Imagine that the exquisitely designed Dutse airport cost just N11 billion Naira to build!!! If that airport were in the SE, it would have cost 10 times more and with an all concrete ugly design like in the second picture.

[b]Airports require to have enough space to develop and reach their full potential. This takes time, and with time land poachers insidiously encroach on the airport land.Securing airport land away from land poachers in a growing city such as Enugu will be one touch hell of a job.
I think the greatest gift Chime can give to the AIIA is to guarantee enough space for it to develop into a regional aviation hub. This will be difficult as people will see the land reserved for the expansion of the airport as a waste of space. Chime should in the interim use barbed wire fencing to secure about 700-800 meters of land in front of the present 3KM runway and donate it to the airport to guarantee there will be space for runway extension when the funds are available. In this way, when the present runway needs to be extended to atleast 3.5 KM which is the global standard for international airports to enable safe takeoff & landing of the maximum cargo weight-laden Boeing 747s or airbus 340 huge airplanes to operate long distance cargo haulage flights to Enugu, there will be space to do that.
Likewise, the state government should also ban any building construction in the land on the airport side of the Ekulu river. The Ekulu River must be a natural boundary demarcating the airport property from Abakpa phase-2 being aggressively developed as we speak.
This area will be part of the airport as it develops into an aviation hub and will readily provide land for a parallel second runway which may be required in the future if the airport becomes very busy from being a hub.

The looming tragedy we have continued to observe since last year when the first international flight into Enugu occurred, is that land grabbers have invaded all the open spaces around the airport area, which will ultimately choke the airport of land for future expansion and rob it of the opportunity to become a true aviation hub in the future.[/b]
Some igbos are just fond of comparing with mediocres. It this self hate, inferiority complex, greed or sadism. Mark my word no northern state is well built and organised than any South East states(Aside Ebonyi). Why you guys keep comparing us with north is beyond me.

It unsettles me when people who should know keep comparing us with such places rather than Abuja, Calabar, Akwa ibom,Lagos or Portharcourt. Please some places are not worth mentioning talk more of emulating. I was born in Maidugri and lived some of my life there.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:22am On Sep 08, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Sypder880,
How far with the shopping complex being built at the former old park?

Here we go. ........very slow pace of work when compared with Sullivan Chime's projects.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ubomeze: 8:11am On Sep 08, 2014
Thankyou for your comments which mirror my own thoughts. For those who have doubts about the completion of AIIA please read todays (8-9-14) THIS DAY paper titled 'Airports Remodelling; Aviation Minister orders contractors back to site'. There is no reason to fear that AIIA will not be completed, in so far as Osita Chidoka is concerned all projects will be completed on schedule.
ChimaAdeoye:

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 08, 2014
spyder880:

Here we go. ........very slow pace of work when compared with Sullivan Chime's projects.
the site is not for shoping complex anymore. I think the local govt is developing a car park there, to serve ogbete main market.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1686280_20140908_070227_jpegbced44abe056a3462f94866c47e1c4a4
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
Bishop42:
Some igbos are just fond of comparing with mediocres. It this self hate, inferiority complex, greed or sadism. Mark my word no northern state is well built and organised than any South East states(Aside Ebonyi). Why you guys keep comparing us with north is beyond me.

It unsettles me when people who should know keep comparing us with such places rather than Abuja, Calabar, Akwa ibom,Lagos or Portharcourt. Please some places are not worth mentioning talk more of emulating. I was born in Maidugri and lived some of my life there.

I disagree that because one is your enemy you should not emulate best practices where it is possible. By your argument we should copy the second terminal because it was built by my state Delta and disregard thee obviously better designed terminal because it was designed for Jigawa? That is being childish.

The Americans and Russians went to the moon because they imbibed their enemy (Nazi) V-2 rocket technology and improved upon it. The Americans were able to produce an atom bomb and win WW2 because they allowed ( their enemies) German and Italian scientists to teach them how to break up an atom and harness the energy into a massive explosion.

My point being that we should copy great designs as Chima mentioned no matter how we feel about the person. Sometimes, great designs are simply a product of ingenuity & taste and not necessarily cost. For example, Saudi Arabia spent about the same amount of money in building Riyadh and Jeddah as UAE spent in building Abu Dhabi and Dubai. But it is without doubt that the King of UAE was more keen on aesthetics and exquisite design, which made the UAE an architectural masterpiece compared to Saudi. Therefore, if Jigawa or Kano is able to do something right, you should imbibe what they did right and not necessarily have to reject everything out of prejudice. The meat in Chima's post was all about preserving land around the airport for further expansion as it grows. I don't think Chima was inferring in anyway that Jigawa was better than any SE state. That inference was your own

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
cjrane:

I completely disagree that because one is your enemy you should not emulate best practices where it is possible. By your argument we should copy the second terminal because it was built by my state Delta and disregard the obviously better designed terminal because it was designed for Jigawa? That is being childish.

The Americans and Russians went to the moon because they imbibed their enemy (Nazi) V-2 rocket technology and improved upon it. The Americans were able to produce an atom bomb and win WW2 because they allowed ( their enemies) German and Italian scientists to teach them how to break up an atom and harness the energy into a massive explosion.

My point being that we should copy great designs as Chima mentioned no matter how we feel about the person. Sometimes, great designs are simply a product of ingenuity & taste and not necessarily cost. For example, Saudi Arabia spent about the same amount of money in building Riyadh and Jeddah as UAE spent in building Abu Dhabi and Dubai. But it is without doubt that the King of UAE was more keen on aesthetics and exquisite design, which made the UAE an architectural masterpiece compared to Saudi. Therefore, if Jigawa or Kano is able to do something right, you should imbibe what they did right and not necessarily have to reject everything out of prejudice. The meat in Chima's post was all about preserving land around the airport for further expansion as it grows. I don't think Chima was inferring in anyway that Jigawa was better than any SE state. That inference was your own

Thank you very much Sir!
I really did not want to respond because it is well known in this forum that I'm from Anambra and I didn't want to instigate another senseless e-war. Perhaps knowing that fact, he viewed my post from the prism of suspicion.
But as you said, my interest is that we should make all our project in the SE of the highest standard possible based on the available funds. Some governors simply build square boxes and a roof over it as public buildings! In America where i live, any public building is designed with great aesthetic appeal in mind, thus the entire country is dotted with beautiful well designed buildings, not just square boxes with doors and windows.

I have been singing praises of Chime because he obviously looks at the design of his projects and probably tells them to make it more aesthetic and unique, yet functional. Although Enugu and Ebonyi are the poorest SE states, Compare Chime's state secretariat buildings with others built in the SE and see what i mean.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Thank you very much Sir!
I really did not want to respond because it is well known in this forum that I'm from Anambra and I didn't want to instigate another senseless e-war. Perhaps knowing that fact, he viewed my post from the prism of suspicion.
But as you said, my interest is that we should make all our project in the SE of the highest standard possible based on the available funds. Some governors simply build square boxes and a roof over it as public buildings! In America where i live, any public building is designed with great aesthetic appeal in mind, thus the entire country is dotted with beautiful well designed buildings, not just square boxes with doors and windows.

I have been singing praises of Chime because he obviously looks at the design of his projects and probably tells them to make it more aesthetic and unique, yet functional. Although Enugu and Ebonyi are the poorest SE states, Compare Chime's state secretariat buildings with others built in the SE and see what i mean.

You are welcome.
I think the big difference between Naija and American buildings is the use of qualified Architects to design American buildings,whereas in nigeria we use civil engineers. American Architects forever cite the great buildings they designed in their resume, so they always give every building design their best innovation. Here in naija, most of our local construction companies believe employing Architects as a waste of time. So the design of every project is done by the civil engineers in their workforce who are primarily concerned with "structural integrity". Once the engineers do their weight calculation and determine that enough pillars have been used to support the structure from collapsing, they simply cover up the outside of the building with concrete blocks and tiny windows here and there making the finished product to be very ugly but structurally sound. grin

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bluemetal: 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
Brother , On Igbo modern development. We need it urgently and would like you to join our group. Be a part, Contact me by text for further details 09033130321
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bluemetal: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
IGBOSON1:

Brother , On Igbo modern development. We need it urgently and would like you to join our group. Be a part, Contact me by text for further details 09033130321 undecided

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bluemetal: 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
Brother , On Igbo modern development. We need it urgently and would like you to join our group. Be a part, Contact me by text for further details 09033130321
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TamzyTamudo: 12:42am On Sep 09, 2014
Bluemetal: Brother , On Igbo modern development. We need it urgently and would like you to join our group. Be a part, Contact me by text for further details 09033130321
Brother pls be explicit to us what this Igbo Modern Development is all about,the aim and target of the founders,there are lot of ideas this marvelous igbo brains here are churning out for the development of our land so if you form any group try to clarify us what its all about rather than drop phone number for us to call that looks more of a scam. Mind u where are u guys located and where do you converge for meetings?

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
Very arrogant and depressing comments from these half igbo half yoruba. These people can't just stop attacking us Walahi.
I wish they can just allow us to be for once.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by capricon: 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
Bishop42: Very arrogant and depressing comments from these half igbo half yoruba. These people can't just stop attacking us Walahi.
I wish they can just allow us to be for once.

Care to explain?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 9:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
ChimaAdeoye: Although Enugu and Ebonyi are the poorest SE states, Compare Chime's state secretariat buildings with
others built in the SE and see what i mean.

I smell divide and rule syndrome here.
We shouldn't let them do to us what they did to us with ikwerres and aniomas. There is strong possiblity these people create secret groups that go about creating enemity bw people.
American hardly encourage such frictions with europeans or fellow Americans the way these people instigate us.
If we are not careful one day one igbo group from south east will claim they no longer igbos.
Mind you that i am from idemili north LG Anambra state but I still would rather live in Enugu than anambra state

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shaboti: 5:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
Bishop42:

I smell divide and rule syndrome here.
We shouldn't let them do to us what they did to us with ikwerres and aniomas. There is strong possiblity these people create secret groups that go about creating enemity bw people.
American hardly encourage such frictions with europeans or fellow Americans the way these people instigate us.
If we are not careful one day one igbo group from south east will claim they no longer igbos.
Mind you that i am from idemili north LG Anambra state but I still would rather live in Enugu than anambra state
can someone help me explain this please ?

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
May be I missed this photo when it trended 6 years ago, but I really like it.
BTW, the parents are asking Sullivan to make real his promise of scholarships for the quadruplets.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=81108

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jude2011: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
I got this from thisday news.

The Enugu State Executive Council has
given its approval for the payment of
N465 million as its counterpart fund for
the Small and Medium Enterprise (SME)
development in the state.
Speaking to newsmen on Wednesday
after the weekly State Executive Council
meeting, the state’s Commissioner for
Information, Mr Chuks Ugwoke said the
amount represented 0.5 per cent of the
state’s 2014 budget in compliance with
the 2010 SME law.
He explained that the Bank of Industry
(BOI) would match the money with the
Federal Governments’ contribution and
distribute to SME operators in the state.
Ugwoke said the council also approved
N600 million for the implementation of
the 2014 Millennium Development Goals
(MDGs) Conditional Grant Scheme projects
in six local government areas of the state.
The commissioner said the projects would
cover health, education water and
sanitation as well as agro and processing
businesses.
He listed the benefitting local government
areas to include Enugu North, Enugu
South, Udenu, Igboeze North, Nkanu East
and Aninri LGA.
“The implementation of MDG projects is a
tripartite arrangement between the
Federal, Enugu State Governments and the
benefitting council areas.
“Federal Government contributes 50 per
cent, state will get 30 per cent
representing N600million while the
benefitting LGA will contribute 20 per cent
which also represents N400 million,” he
said.
The Commissioner for Commerce and
Industry, Dr Jude Akubuilo, said the
benefitting SMEs must meet BOI criteria to
be able to access the funds.
According to him, the governor approved
that the interest rate for the state
governments’ component of the fund be
waved to boost small businesses in the
state.
“For one to five million naira, you do not
need guarantors but from N5 million to
N10million, you will get guarantors,” he
said.
Akubuilo said the state government was
planning a one stop shop for taxes and
investments in the state.
“When the one stop shop for taxes and
investment is set up, there will be a tax
desk inside the one stop investment
centre where all the ministries collecting
taxes will be present.
“This will help to resolve the issue of
multiple taxations,” he said

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thought I share this marvelous news coming out of Enugu. I love the beauty of Enugu, the weather, serenity, the people, everything about it!

Good effort by the government to assure Ndigbo that we are also food basket of the nation the world!!!

Enugu pineapples ‘going to Europe’ this year
September 02 17:11 2014

Pineapples grown on state-owned Enugu-San Carlos 150-hectare pineapple farm will begin to make their way to Europe for export this year, state commissioner for information, Chuks Ugwoke, has said.

The 150-hectare farm is a joint venture (JV) owned by the Enugu state government and Mexican farming conglomerate, San Carlos. Approved by the Enugu state government in 2012, the JV was established for commercial production of pineapple for both local consumption and export.

Speaking Monday’s state executive council meeting presided over by Governor Sullivan Chime at the Government House, Ugwoke said the government was considering expanding its agricultural business on the farm, as the council had approved the sum of N880.9m for the introduction of banana and livestock, particularly cattle.

Other investments include the sum of N1.1bn for the completion of construction work on two major inter-local government rural roads in parts of the state and about N48.8m for the implementation of the health commodity supply in Awgu, Enugu East, Igbo-Eze South, Nkanu West, Nsukka and Udi local government areas.

To encourage agribusiness in the state, Ugwoke said the state council directed that a bill should be drafted for a law to upgrade the State College of Agriculture and Agro-Entrepreneurship in Iwollo Oghe, as well as the Enugu State Polytechnic.

If the bill is passed into law by the state house of assembly, it will reduce the bottlenecks of seeking admission into higher institution of learning and also facilitate investment from other parts of the country.

https://www.nairaland.com/1884883/agricultural-transformation-enugu-begins-export

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ebola has stopped bush meat. But it will not stop crispy fried chicken from KFC Enugu. cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Last bus stop, Abakpa Nike Enugu state.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
Planting flowers at Naira triangle Enugu, today.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
Brand new road bbeing completed in Enugu state. Name the town it leads to and win a N400 MTN card from me grin

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
New opening shops at the Polo park mall.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
spyder880: Brand new road bbeing completed in Enugu state. Name the town it leads to and win a N400 MTN card from me grin

Chai... no idea ooo. Spyder, gimme some clues biko.
But it looks like Awgu area.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
spyder880: Brand new road bbeing completed in Enugu state. Name the town it leads to and win a N400 MTN card from me grin

^^^Udi?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
is that 100% completed or cool

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
jude2011: I got this from thisday news.

The Enugu State Executive Council has
given its approval for the payment of
N465 million as its counterpart fund for
the Small and Medium Enterprise (SME)
development in the state.
Speaking to newsmen on Wednesday
after the weekly State Executive Council
meeting, the state’s Commissioner for
Information, Mr Chuks Ugwoke said the
amount represented 0.5 per cent of the
state’s 2014 budget in compliance with
the 2010 SME law.
He explained that the Bank of Industry
(BOI) would match the money with the
Federal Governments’ contribution and
distribute to SME operators in the state.
Ugwoke said the council also approved
N600 million for the implementation of
the 2014 Millennium Development Goals
(MDGs) Conditional Grant Scheme projects
in six local government areas of the state.
The commissioner said the projects would
cover health, education water and
sanitation as well as agro and processing
businesses.
He listed the benefitting local government
areas to include Enugu North, Enugu
South, Udenu, Igboeze North, Nkanu East
and Aninri LGA.
“The implementation of MDG projects is a
tripartite arrangement between the
Federal, Enugu State Governments and the
benefitting council areas.
“Federal Government contributes 50 per
cent, state will get 30 per cent
representing N600million while the
benefitting LGA will contribute 20 per cent
which also represents N400 million,” he
said.
The Commissioner for Commerce and
Industry, Dr Jude Akubuilo, said the
benefitting SMEs must meet BOI criteria to
be able to access the funds.
According to him, the governor approved
that the interest rate for the state
governments’ component of the fund be
waved to boost small businesses in the
state.
“For one to five million naira, you do not
need guarantors but from N5 million to
N10million, you will get guarantors,” he
said.
Akubuilo said the state government was
planning a one stop shop for taxes and
investments in the state.
“When the one stop shop for taxes and
investment is set up, there will be a tax
desk inside the one stop investment
centre where all the ministries collecting
taxes will be present.
“This will help to resolve the issue of
multiple taxations,” he said
The state government is serious about the SME. They are constructing an office for the SME opposite the diagnostic centre (under construction). Spyder has posted the picture of the office earlier on.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
spyder880: Planting flowers at Naira triangle Enugu, today.
Oga Spyder, where is naira triangle? Is it the space between the road where Enugu=PH road meets the Abakaliki expressway?

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (711) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.