Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,481 members, 7,929,593 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 05:23 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1833289 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 12, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

My sister,how far naa ?
Rapu ife taa na abani ka obulu anwu... grin grin
Odenigbo odogwu nwoke, ana m ekele ooo!!!! Udo diri gi Sir!

grin cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 10:22am On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: Nwanne mu..lol

Insult anybody on NL but Berem mu. She is actually my person. If you insult her, you insult me!

Ok no problem is just that sometimes her comment about alaigbo is a bit bad on her side mana O nwannem nwanyi ka obu mana nwannem nwanyi na abgara mu oso maka na ochere na mu hatili ya cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 10:25am On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: Akwuke-Atakwu Beach

The best place for beach tourism, where tourist feels the breath of nature
pretty girls i must visit that place cool

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:25am On Sep 12, 2014
O bu ezi okwu mana jili maka mua! Maka n o bu onye nkem..

ak47mann: Ok no problem is just that sometimes her comment about alaigbo is a bit bad on her side mana O nwannem nwanyi ka obu mana nwannem nwanyi na agara mu oso maka na ochere na mu hatili ya cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:25am On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: Ngwo Cave and Waterfall

On my way to the Ngwo cave

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 10:26am On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: O bu ezi okwu mana jili maka mua! Maka n o bu onye nkem..

UDO nwanne cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:26am On Sep 12, 2014
You can get cool marriageable girls in Enugu State, I can bet on that..

ak47mann: Ok no problem is just that sometimes her comment about alaigbo is a bit bad on her side mana O nwannem nwanyi ka obu mana nwannem nwanyi na agara mu oso maka na ochere na mu hatili ya cool

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:27am On Sep 12, 2014
Nkwo Cave is a healer cave..

Sunnybobo3:

On my way to the Ngwo cave

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 10:28am On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: You can get cool marriageable girls in Enugu State, I can bet on that..

Maka chi i have been thinking about it seriously cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2014
I will advice you not to miss it because you will come back to thank me!

ak47mann: Maka chi i have been thinking about it seriously cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:32am On Sep 12, 2014
I once lodged here. It is a nice place to lodge in Enugu..

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2014
manchy7531:

U have always been like this and will not change. Even after ur days in caritas university Emene Enugu

Nnaa,I have been high before but it wasn't as good as what you smoked this morning.... grin

Guy,I need your sshit.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:35am On Sep 12, 2014
Cultural and festive activities in Enugu state is worldclass..

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 10:38am On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: I will advice you not to miss it because you will come back to thank me!

chino u no u will be invited to my wedding, i have one enugu babe on my case right now she is so nice and humble i dont mind spoiling her with good things. She calls me everyday i think she studied me very well and she find a way to penetrate deep inside my heart cuz my heart melt anytime i hear her voice grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:38am On Sep 12, 2014
New Yam Festival

New Yam festival in Igbo land and Enugu state to be précised is always marked with pomp and pageantry. The occasion of Iwa Ji is a cultural feast with its deep significance. This is annual event by the people of the state which is normally held at the end of rainy season in the early August. The Iwa Ji festival is a celebration is very culturally based occasion, tying individual communities together as essentially agrarian and dependent on yam. The evening prior to the day of the festival. All old yams from the previous year’s crop are consumed or discarded. The next day only dishes of yam are served, as the festival is symbolic of the abundance of the produce.

Traditionally, Iwa ji is normally performed by the oldest man in the community or the King (Igwe); he offers the yam to the ancestors where he thanks gods for keeping them throughout the farming season. An offering is put forward and the people pray for renewed life as they eat the new yam. An offering is made to the spirits of the field with special reference to the presiding deity of the yam crop. In the olden days, fowls offered as sacrifice must be carried to the farm and slain there, with the blood being sprinkled on the farm. Yam is cut into some sizes and thrown to the gods and earth with prayers for protection and benevolence. When the ceremony is completed, everything is taken home; the yams are laid up before the “Alusi” (deity) together with all the farming implements, while the fowls boiled and prepared with yam for soup (ji awii, ji mmiri oku) are eaten at the subsequent feast. Everyone is allowed to partake in this and those who are not immediately around are kept portions of the communal meal. The position of the oldest man or Igwe is believed to bestow the privilege of being intermediaries between their communities to the gods of the land. The rituals are meant to express the gratitude of the community to the gods for making the harvest possible, and they are widely followed despite more modern change due to the influence of Christianity in the area. A variety of festivities mark the eating of new yam they are folk dance, masquerades, parades and parties create an experience that some participants characterize as “art” the colorful festival is a spectacle of exhibited joy, thanks and community display.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:40am On Sep 12, 2014
I will be happy to come with wifey and some big boys from Anambra..lol

Please fast track the marriage arrangements..

ak47mann: chino u no will be invited to my wedding, i have one enugu babe on my case right now she is so nice and humble i dont mind spoiling her with good things. She calls me everyday i think she studied me very well and she find a way to penetrate deep inside my heart cuz my heart melt anytime i hear her voice grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:42am On Sep 12, 2014
New Berrise Park and Entertainment Center Enugu

Is a famous event center in Enugu, opened in 2005 It has the capacity to accommodate 5000 people. It is a place for all genders, children has their own facilities. We also have various huts centers that carry the name of top premier league stadium in Europe like Old Trafford, Emirate and Stanford Bridge. Our services include wedding hosting, product lunching, event activities and outdoor catering services. We also serve various types of foods ranging from local to intercontinental cuisine for all types of visitors and tourist.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 12, 2014
FreeGlobe: Banega ignore the pig called eggheaders, he's not worth it. You guys should stop paying him attention.
Done,. I'm so sorry everyone,. I lost my head.. Won't happen again though,. thankss •

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 10:43am On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: I will be happy to come with wifey and some big boys from Anambra..lol

Please fast track the marriage arrangements..

i will throw invite to you soon,Anambra will come and shake enugu on that day cool

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: New Yam Festival

New Yam festival in Igbo land and Enugu state to be précised is always marked with pomp and pageantry. The occasion of Iwa Ji is a cultural feast with its deep significance. This is annual event by the people of the state which is normally held at the end of rainy season in the early August. The Iwa Ji festival is a celebration is very culturally based occasion, tying individual communities together as essentially agrarian and dependent on yam. The evening prior to the day of the festival. All old yams from the previous year’s crop are consumed or discarded. The next day only dishes of yam are served, as the festival is symbolic of the abundance of the produce.

Traditionally, Iwa ji is normally performed by the oldest man in the community or the King (Igwe); he offers the yam to the ancestors where he thanks gods for keeping them throughout the farming season. An offering is put forward and the people pray for renewed life as they eat the new yam. An offering is made to the spirits of the field with special reference to the presiding deity of the yam crop. In the olden days, fowls offered as sacrifice must be carried to the farm and slain there, with the blood being sprinkled on the farm. Yam is cut into some sizes and thrown to the gods and earth with prayers for protection and benevolence. When the ceremony is completed, everything is taken home; the yams are laid up before the “Alusi” (deity) together with all the farming implements, while the fowls boiled and prepared with yam for soup (ji awii, ji mmiri oku) are eaten at the subsequent feast. Everyone is allowed to partake in this and those who are not immediately around are kept portions of the communal meal. The position of the oldest man or Igwe is believed to bestow the privilege of being intermediaries between their communities to the gods of the land. The rituals are meant to express the gratitude of the community to the gods for making the harvest possible, and they are widely followed despite more modern change due to the influence of Christianity in the area. A variety of festivities mark the eating of new yam they are folk dance, masquerades, parades and parties create an experience that some participants characterize as “art” the colorful festival is a spectacle of exhibited joy, thanks and community display.
@Chino, is it called "Ji Awii" or "Ji Awaa"? Ji mmiri oku is absolutely correct.

Oh how I miss "Ada Onitsha" yam. Sadly,I didn't eat it and its no more in the market. cry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:45am On Sep 12, 2014
I can't wait nwanne mu..

ak47mann: i will throw invite to you soon,Anambra will come and shake enugu on that day cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (711) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.