Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,512 members, 7,929,674 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 07:19 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1833316 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
OdenigboAroli: 70 percent of the roads Obi tarred during his administration were brand news roads. Most are located in rural areas. You have driven around Anambra,so tell yourself the truth.
I dont talk out of ignorance,hate nor sentiments.

^^^I guess we'll just have to take your word for it! There's next to nothing by way of pics/videos showcasing the much vaunted rural roads in Anambra you guys talk about!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Guy,go and sit down somewhere and cool off....Jealous of what,exactly?
By the way,this isnt about Enugu but Chime the inept and clueless slowpoke who doesn't have an iota of idea about what governance entails. Stop making this out to be about Anambra vs Enugu because it makes you look insecure. Enugu has the potentials to challenge Anambra,economic wise but what has your d.umb and clueless governor done to harness these potentials. What is your d.umbass governor doing to tap into the coal deposit in Enugu ? Now,compare it with what Obi did with the oil deposit in Anambra. Did Obi wait on anybody? Guy,ana eji anya ama oka chalu acha....Enugu must wake up and elect a visionary leader....kpom!

These manner less and thoughtless children of Onitsha traders again! Can you save us the insolence and go back to your shop in Ochanja ? You have no sense of vision. Anambra should definitely be a leader in the SE but for thoughtless nincompoops like you and your fathers. For years the same people that frustrated the Oba International airport, suddenly know the usefulness of an airport. The same people that frustrated any type of development in Awka are now jealous of Enugu and want Awka to catch up overnight. The big disgrace about your conduct is that Anambra is a state of colossus. But thoughtless lizards as Chris Ubah were allowed to run the place because of your Ochanja market mentality of ' ego one ka oga Eli? Lack of focus on the big picture had caused Anambra a lot in the past.

I thank God for Peter Obi who retrieved the state from the grip of mad traders and merchants who simply saw that state as an extension of their main market business. The big challenge for Anambra people especially in Onitsha is to understand that people with vision are better than people with money but have absolutely no clue about how to deploy their wealth to help their community and state. In short, a sound educated and enlightened mind is better than an illiterate rich ediot. Chime's success in Enugu again reiterates this saying that a sound educated mind is better than an ediot with money. Look at his achievements inspite of ruling a relatively very poor state

Your challenge is to convert your rich human resources to count for rather than against you. The day you realize the burden of Anambra is how to manage the chaotic behavior and negative mentality of the 'rich' traders into a productive venture to develop the state, instead of constituting an impediment to its development, that is the day Anambra will truly become the Dubai of Africa.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Lets move to the next sector....Health or Education. Hmmm,thats probably too dangerous for you.

Okpatalu nku ahuhu sili ngwele bialia olu...lol
Spyder88,you be my nigga grin

I know, we're not quarrelling, just stating the facts grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TabletMan: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
OdenigboAroli: Ifiteogwari, Anambra, Nigeria
9/19/12 ·
The abandoned rice mill at
Omor, Ayamelum Local
Government Area of Anambra
State
is coming back to life, thanks to
the effort of the state and federal
governments in addition to
other partners.
The Minister of Agriculture and
Rural Development, Dr.
Akinwumi Adesina said the
mill, which was abandoned over
18 years ago, worked for only
10 hours due to
poor infrastructures.
“Omor mill in Anambra State…
worked 10 hours in 10 years,
meaning it worked
one hour per year because of
low power and poor
infrastructures,” he said in
Abuja.
But the Minister added that
N3.2b has been provided to
restore the rice milling
facility and provide necessary
infrastructures through
collaborations between
four ministries of the federal
government with Anambra State
as well as private
partners.
The Ministries are Federal
Ministry of Works, Federal
Ministry of Power, Federal
Ministry of Water Resources and
the Agriculture ministry.
History was made in Anambra
when the federal government
handed over the biggest
rice mill in West Africa capable of
processing not less than 15,000
metric tons
of rice yearly to the state.
The mill was installed by
Japanese International
Cooperation Agency (JICA) and
commissioned in 1996 but was
soon abandoned.
Governor Peter Obi said the
handover was the culmination
of three years of
negotiations.
The governor said one major
concern for him was the fact
that the mill would
offer employment to many
Nigerians and help to feed the
nation.
He thanked all those that helped
to make the handover possible,
pledging not
relent on the state’s commitment
to eradicate extreme poverty.
The government also seized the
opportunity to appeal to the
Federal Ministry of
Agriculture to include Anambra
State in Commodity Out-grower
Development and
Extension Service Centre (CODEC)
since the state, according to him,
has met all
the requirements. He also
appealed to the Federal
Government to hasten the
construction of silos in the state.
Obi has been praised for his
relentless effort in getting the
federal government
to hand over the rice mill.
Dr. Adesina inspected the rice
mill, describing Governor Obi as
a man of vision,
committed and dedicated leader
who is very passionate in
developing and
repositioning the agricultural
sector.
Adesina pointed out that Obi has
sustained prudent and
transparent management of
resources.
The Minister of Agriculture said
his Ministry would equally work
with the
Ministry of Water Resources to
resuscitate the collapsed
Anambra Irrigation
Project at Ifite-Ogwari to drive
the mill. He lamented that such
critical and
viable mill, with capacity to turn
out at least 30,000 metric tons
of rice
annually, create jobs, strengthen
the economy and reduce rice
importation in the
country, has lying waste while
the country groaned under the
burden of rice
importation at the cost of over
N360b annually.
Obi called for integrated and
comprehensive turnaround of
the project that would
revitalise the mill, the irrigation
project the canal and access
roads. He
assured that the state
government is committed to
fulfilling its side of the
partnership.

Check this out....Some people dont wait for development to come to them,rather plan and bring development to their door steps....Chime is not fit to be a councillor!

With works nearing completion on the ultra-modern Tara Agro rice processing mill, the agrarian Adani Community in Uzo Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State, is on the threshold of transformation from largely subsistence agriculture into a commercial hub for agribusiness and rice production.
According to a statement issued in Lagos at the weekend, it was stated that the 42,000 tonnes Tara Agro mill, which will be the biggest rice processing mill in South East Nigeria, is expected to be completed by January 2014.
The statement further stated that the mill, which is a private sector investment, is being built by Tara Agro Industries Limited, owners of the Ebony Agro rice processing mill in Ikwo in Ebonyi State, and the producers of International quality rice brands namely Ebony Super and Ebony Gold. Larger than the Ebony Agro mill, the Tara Agro mill is also said to be fully integrated to produce, package, grade and export quality brands of rice-under a new Brand-Queen of the Niger.
An impact investment, Tara Agro mill is being set up to process locally sourced paddy rice from small holder farmers in Adani Community into parboiled polished rice of international quality. When it begins operation, the mill will raise demand for paddy, and is projected to increase the acreage of rice cultivation from 1,400 hectares one-crop per year in Adani to about 5,000 hectares of three crops per year cycle, thereby expanding the number of financially viable primary producers.
It will also provide supply to meet the growing national demand for high quality rice. Over 5,000 direct and indirect employments will be created in the community. These factors combined will raise household incomes in Adani Community, creating sustainable wealth for the people.
Chairman, Tara Agro Industries Limited, Mr. Charles Ugwuh, said, “Our increased investment in rice production is a testament to our firm commitment to the growth, development and proper coordination of rice production and processing value chain in Nigeria. The choice of Adani rice producing community as the location of the Tara Agro rice mill is as a result of our commitment to building an empowering rice value chain from which small holder farmers can reap social/ economic benefits.
“We are committed to fostering a value chain with shared economic, social and environmental values in which producers, buyers, processors, and others collaborate to create value. It is our belief that this will accelerate the transformation of small holder farmers from subsistence levels into commercially viable enterprises.”
According to Ugwuh, Tara Agro will unlock the huge economic potential of Adani Community by bridging the existing rice processing gap, and by dividing the usually combined functions of producer/processor/seller assumed by thousands of small holder farmers in a way that is most efficient and beneficial to the value chain.
“Tara Agro mill will enhance the productivity of thousands of subsistence farmers through paddy off-take agreements, and by fostering the emergence of input suppliers, storage and logistics providers, as well as technical support, credit and market linkages, among others, which were formerly non-existent on the rice value chain in Adani.”
Project Director, Tara Agro rice processing mill, Mr. Reuben Malcolm, said, “The huge investment in the new rice processing mill in Adani is a courageous one born of patriotic zeal, and commitment by its promoters to the growth and development of the Nigerian economy, in spite of the evident infrastructure deficit in Uzo Awani Local Government Area. The mill site is not connected to the national grid, and the construction of the factory has been wholly dependent on the use of heavy duty generators procured for that purpose.”
Malcolm urged the State and federal government to fast track development of infrastructure such as roads, standard bridges, power supply, storage facilities as well as rectification of the broken down Adani irrigation system, if the potential of Uzo Awani as the leading staple crop processing centre of the South East must be unleashed.
He also called for the state government’s intervention in promoting mechanised farming, agricultural extension services and ensuring access to credit by farmers’ co-operative societies to create an enabling operating environment for private sector players like Tara Agro.
Investment in the Tara Agro integrated rice mill by the promoters of Ebony Agro Industries Limited aligns with the Federal Government’s current policy focus of re-diversifying the economy and re-positioning the agricultural sector to play the lead role in economic development.
Once it is operational, the mill will further boost the quantity and quality of rice production in the country, revitalise and harness the enormous potentials of the developing rice sub- sector to create food security, stimulate job creation, and wealth creation for farmers.

http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20131111020806zg/agriculture/tara-agro-to-transform-adani-into-regional-hub-for-rice-production/

^^ THE ABOVE RICE MILL IS CURRENTLY PRODUCING EBONY RICE...... WHAT BRAND ARE OMOR RICE MILL PRODUCING?

EBONY RICE CAN BE FOUND IN THE MARKET, CAN I ALSO SEE THE BRAND OMOR RICE MILL IS PRODUCING IN THE MARKET?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Madam,cut off the emotion and talk sensibly.
People talk like this when emotions has taken over their sense of reasoning.
If you say Obi looted Anambra I will expect you to back it up with evidence.
Sometimes,you make good comments and I/people respect you for that and I hope it remain so.

Hear this; onye ana ekili ekili adiro mma ikpo ntu.
Deme.

My brother I am far from being emotional when it comes to things that matter to all of us Igbos. What other evidence do you want me to adduce that would be more relevant than the Abuja shopping mall built with state money. It has never been denied that the mall belongs to Obi and the only reason we justify such obvious and gross abuse of power is because Nigeria is a country where everything goes.

The truth is that Anambra should by now be one of the most developed states (infrastructure wise) in Nigeria. When one considers the wealth the state commands, it beggars the question why there's absolutely no state of the art public infrastructure existing there. If we point out this obvious shortcomings, people will begin to brandish individuals who excelled in their private lives. We often forget that every state has their own unsung heroes. Prof Barth Nnaji remains one of the brightest Igbo minds. He was the1st African to be named a distinguished professor in the US. The first Igbo medical doctor came from Enugu, but many of us don't even know about that. Late Justice Augustine Nnamani remains the first and last Nigerian lawyer to be appointed a justice of the supreme court straight from the bar. I can go on to name few individuals but it really makes no sense when it is obvious that Igbos are hewers of wood and fetchers of water in the evil entity called Nigeria.

No one ever questions the pioneering role the Anambra man had or still plays in the Nigerian economic and political landscape. To my mind, when it comes to individual achievements, I would concede that Anambra towers higher than Enugu.

However, one must not loose sight of what Spydder wants to achieve in this thread. It's not about which state or individual is better than the other. This thread only seeks to showcase the developments in Enugu with a view to challenging other states or individuals in authority to do same or even better. It can only take a selfless and honest person to achieve the little success Enugu has witnessed over the past few years. Everyone who has followed this thread would agree with me that, it is deviod of political propaganda. No one tells one that a road is built where non exits. No one has ever told anyone that the whole Enugu has been developed. The message here has been consistent and simple; that we are making progress and proud of it, even as we hope it continues.

Finally, no one is trying to run Peter Obi down, I am only saying that he blew the chance of making Anambra the envy of all states. For instance, I am not sure Anambra has a standard football stadium till date. If not why not?

Anambra has done a lot as individuals, it's high time they invested in public institutions, if they are lucky to get a selfless governor who would pay the price and do it.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
I believe that Anambra State deserves more. The kind of rapid all round growth we hoped for is not showing on the ground.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sometimes, my fellow Anambrarians make me so ashamed. Looks like the IQ of those of them here is below average. Let me categorically state that the arguement here IS NOT ABOUT PETER OBI OR WILLY OBIANO!!! It is about our attitude as a people to our own COLLECTIVE development as a state. ( NOT ONLY SELFISH INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT). We should begin to think of Anambra as a unit, not just I'm from Ogbunike, I'm from oraifite, I'm from Ihiala or Nibo!

Nobody doubts Peter Obi's great exploits in developing Anambra state from the the dungeon of a failed state which it used to be. Obi also had to battle many myopic Anambrarians who would rather the money shared to them than used in any useful way to develop the state and improve the lives of the people. This extreme individualism and a complete lack of the spirit of public service is what has killed us as a people and state!That is what this whole argument is all about. How Chime is able to put in the best infrastructure for the benefit of his entire people and state. Not just moving everything to his hometown the way Ngige would only fund the Anambra state university only if it were sited in Alor his hometown! What if Chime were building all these roads in Udi or Nenwe while he allows the state capital to rot? Then he turns around to say he was developing the rural areas, while the symbol of the state in the capital is a disgrace?

It is on record that Obi built the first purposed built state secretariat, state teaching hospital, built bridges to reach many hitherto forgotten communities and shored up the education and health sectors to at least achieve the MDG. it should be noted that many so called "Anambra rich men" fought Obi tooth and nail to make sure he diverted the funds for development into their private bank accounts.

Having said that, Anambra had existed many years before Peter Obi came. The rot in that state happened before Peter Obi and it was our disgusting overly greedy mentality to public good and development. That is why you'd find a strret over flowing with refuse and horrible pot holes, while all the houses on that street is woth at least N100 million naira each. Every one of the rich men would rather buy a jeep to get into his mansion,than talk to others on the street to pull together and provide a gutter and grade the road. I thank God many Nnewi, Ichi, Oraifite, oraukwu, Ukpor and Nnobi wealthy citizens have realized that their wealth is meaningless if they cannot in the least help their community with good roads, bore holes etc.

If we can get all the Anambra rich people to behave like the few in these mentioned communities and help the state government to develop industrial complexes, well planned residential estates, help fund agricultural revolution by investing their wealth in rice production, poultry farms to produce frozen chicken, factories making cornflakes from the corn grown in Anambra etc, Anambra will truly become better than we can ever imagine.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
Today in Enugu. Rapid developments that directly impact the lives of the masses.
I said this work in this picture is ongoing today.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
As much as I respect your tenacity in seeing this thread of yours through but I cannot fail to point out some 'misyarns' in your comments at times. What do you mean by the rapid development is not showing on the ground? It takes a person with full knowledge of what development entails to know one. When you rank Anambra and Enugu states sector by sector, you may not need an oracle to tell you that Anambra beats Enugu hands down. We should desist from unnecessary comparison. That said I still believe Chime has tried his best, and I wish Enugu state gets a technocrat that will do all round development that will not only focus on one area but all sectors simultaneously. Let us learn to make a balanced comments and not unhealthy rivalry. GOD BLESS Igboland!

spyder880: I believe that Anambra State deserves more. The kind of rapid all round growth we hoped for is not showing on the ground.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
Let us not derail this thread because I may be a handy tool for that purpose. No more inflammatory comments..please! Thank you

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: As much as I respect your tenacity in seeing this thread of yours through but I cannot fail to point out some 'misyarns' in your comments at times. What do you mean by the rapid development is not showing on the ground? It takes a person with full knowledge of what development entails to know one. When you rank Anambra and Enugu states sector by sector, you may not need an oracle to tell you that Anambra beats Enugu hand down. We should desist from unnecessary comparison. That said I still believe Chime has tried his best, and I wish Enugu state gets a technocrat that will do all round development that will not only focus on one area but all sectors simultaneously. Let us learn to make a balance comments and not unhealthy rivalry. GOD BLESS Igboland!

Chino nwannem, gee nti kam gwa gi ife.

If you look around, many of our great men still live outside Anambra, including the great Ikemba. WHY?

We have not risen to the height we had hoped to rise after the 1991 creation of our state. Even Abakaliki today has surpassed our state capital Awka in development.

Look around Enugu, what do you see? Many well laid out world-class layouts such as Centenary golf,city, Goshen, Victorcza, Trans Ekulu phase II, Abakpa Phase II, many are even around Emene and Gariki areas. Now, you cannot tell me that only people in Enugu can build houses! The difference is that the State government knows that it has to put in graded roads in the proper places designated for roads in these areas, extend electricity there to enable the citizens build.
In comparison to our state, we pretend State government has no role in helping the private sector mark out a well planned residential areas with proper roads,drainage channels and thus we allow half baked people to build the state for us. The result is they will keep reproducing Awada and Okpoko all over the place, which may have great buildings, but so poorly planned that it appears like a concrete jungle because we have not given them the benefit of our intellect to help them put in proper roads,drainage channels,playgrounds for schools, hospitals etc in order to build great eye popping layout.

Now in our state, apart from Udoka and Ngozika started by Ezeife, even our green wood estate is having hiccups. At Onitsha, the GRA phase II in Akpaka forest reserve have been blocked by people who want the land sold for thrillions of naira. In spite of that, the state government can dualize that Nsugbe road and ask the FG for reimbursement. The dualization of that road will enable GRA Onitsha to reach beyond FGGC Onitsha and use all that empty land at Nkwelle ezunaka. But who is thinking of developing the state like that? NOBODY!

There are bridges which can be built in several parts of Omaba layout to access land on the other end of the Nkisi river, but nobody wants to do such a thing. So if you look at the satellite picture of Onitsha, it looks like a triangle. Boxed in by the river Niger at the base, the Nkisi river to the north and the Idemili river to the south. Everyone complains there is "No land" in Onitsha, yet all around the town reveal massive expanse of land which cannot be accessed because there are no bridges over the small streams surrounding them!
We can plan great layouts with Abuja type houses if we simply look at our own homeland cities, build bridges where they are required and do what we know we are very capable of doing. Instead of trying to jealous others that have a visionary governor developing their state maximally.

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
You have made some valid and some invalid points. Maybe because of your over stay in US and all that. I will start by telling you that some if not most of great minds and big businessmen are now living within Anambra. All those big shots do not necessarily disclose their locations all the time, I am resident in Anambra so I am privy to some of this information. The last we checked the resident population of people in Anambra is still twice the population of people resident in Enugu state, what does that mean to you?

All those estates you mentioned in Enugu cannot even stand in contest with 3-3, Nkisi housing, American Qtrs, GRA 1,2,3 etc. Onitsha is largely expanding toward Nkwelle Ezunaka. Even Obiano said recently that he will dualize the road from the airport to (3-3) Onitsha. Anambra as a state is not in contest with anybody because we are busy building our state while others are equally busy planting flowers in their state capitals. All of them are still developments in different forms but when the chips are down we shall know better.

As much as I agree that we should aim higher I do not think we are doing badly at all. Onitsha has changed drastically for good if you have been there recently and Awka is witnessing massive infrastructural fixing at the moment with multi-flyovers that will change the landscape and take care of traffic gridlocks. We are aiming higher with the new development masterplan to make Awka to be among the Africa's most beautiful cities not even Nigeria. We have already got the individual wealth what is required is galvanizing them and put it to common use just like Obi did and Obiano is doing right now.

With the 3 shopping malls springing up at the same time in Anambra it is a matter of time before we start seeing the positive economic effects. Greenwood estate will be the largest single estate in the East when completed. Roads and other Infrastructural development are ongoing as we speak.

I wish Enugu state well, but Anambra trounces it when we rank both states sector by sector!

ChimaAdeoye:

If you look around, many of our great men still live outside Anambra, including the great Ikemba. WHY?

We have not risen to the height we had hoped to rise after the 1991 creation of our state. Even Abakaliki today has surpassed our state capital Awka in development.

Look around Enugu, what do you see? Many well laid out layouts such as Centenary golf,city, Goshen, Victorcza, Trans Ekulu phase II, Abakpa Phase II, many are even around Emene and Gariki areas. Now, you cannot tell me that only people in Enugu can build houses! The difference is that the State government knows that it has to put in graded roads in these areas, extend electricity there to eneble the citizens build.

Now in our state, apart from Udoka and Ngozika started by Ezeife, even our green wood estate is having hiccups. At Onitsha, the GRA phase II in Akpaka forest reserve have been blocked by people who want the land sold for thrillions of naira. In spite of that, the state government can dualize that Nsugbe road and ask the FG for reimbursement. The dualization of that road will enable GRA Onitsha to reach beyond FGGC Onitsha and use all that empty land at Nkwelle ezunaka. But who is thinking of developing the state like that? NOBODY!

There are bridges which can be built in several parts of Omaba layout to access land on the other end of the Nkisi river, but nobody wants to do such a thing. So if you look at the satellite picture of Onitsha, it looks like a triangle. Boxed in by the river Niger at the base, the Nkisi river to the north and the Idemili river to the south.
We can plan great layouts with Abuja type houses if we simply look at our own homeland cities, build bridges where they are required and do what we know we are very capable of doing. Instead of trying to jealous others that have a visionary governor developing their state maximally.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: You have made some valid and some invalid points. Maybe because of your over stay in US and all that. I will start by telling you that some if not most of great minds and big businessmen are now living within Anambra. All those big shots do not necessarily disclose their locations all the time, I am resident in Anambra so I am privy to some of this information. The last we checked Anambra still has twice the population of Enugu state, what does that mean to you?
[b]All those estates you mentioned in Enugu cannot even stand in contest with 3-3, Nkisi housing, American Qtrs, GRA 1,2,3 etc. [/b]Onitsha is largely expanding toward Nkwelle Ezunaka. Even Obiano said recently that he will dualize the road from the airport to (3-3) Onitsha. Anambra as a state is not in contest with anybody because we are busy building our state while others are planting flower in their state capitals.
As much as I agree that we should aim higher I do not think we are doing badly at all. Onitsha has changed drastically for good if you have been there recently and Awka is witnessing massive infrastructural fixing at the moment with multi-flyovers that will change the landscape and take care of traffic gridlocks. We are aiming higher with the new development masterplan to make Awka to be among the Africa's most beautiful cities not even Nigeria. We have already got the individual wealth what is required is galvanizing them and put it to common use just like Obi did and Obiano is doing right now.
With the 3 shopping malls springing up at the same time in Anambra it is a matter of time before we start seeing the positive economic effects. Greenwood estate will be the largest single estate in the East when completed. Infrastructural development is ongoing as we speak.
I wish Enugu state well, but Anambra trounces it when we rank both states sector by sector!

Can we put pictures to these things, each estate against each other, Anambra estates vs Enugu estates? Should I start or you start first. I have pictures of Elim estates, Golf estates, Zoological gardens, Goshen estates, Rehoboth, jubilee, liberty, Gra, (former Ikenga hotel location) Loma linda, even local governments like Nsukka and Nkanu have estates!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
Is there anywhere in Nigeria where the state secretariat was built like this?

Is this not like developments you will se on National geographic, MEGASTRUCTURES? grin

Let us praise Sullivan Chime, the silent, gentle giant.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
It is not in many estates..one huge estates can take on all those ones you are mentioning. Trans Nkisi for instance can swallow up all those estates.

I do not wish to derail your thread but I will drop one pix for you to match. Below is a section of Trans-Nkisi estate. A well planned mini city.

spyder880:
Can we put pictures to these things, each estate against each other, Anambra estates vs Enugu estates? Should I start or you start first. I have pictures of Elim estates, Golf estates, Zoological gardens, Goshen estates, Rehoboth, jubilee, liberty, Gra, (former Ikenga hotel location) Loma linda, even local governments like Nsukka and Nkanu have estates!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Look around Enugu, what do you see? Many well laid out world-class layouts such as Centenary golf,city, Goshen, Victorcza, Trans Ekulu phase II, Abakpa Phase II, many are even around Emene and Gariki areas. Now, you cannot tell me that only people in Enugu can build houses! The difference is that the State government knows that it has to put in graded roads in the proper places designated for roads in these areas, extend electricity there to enable the citizens build.
In comparison to our state, we pretend State government has no role in helping the private sector mark out a well planned residential areas with proper roads,drainage channels and thus we allow half baked people to build the state for us. The result is they will keep reproducing Awada and Okpoko all over the place, which may have great buildings, but so poorly planned that it appears like a concrete jungle because we have not given them the benefit of our intellect to help them put in proper roads,drainage channels,playgrounds for schools, hospitals etc in order to build great eye popping layout.

There are bridges which can be built in several parts of Omaba layout to access land on the other end of the Nkisi river, but nobody wants to do such a thing. So if you look at the satellite picture of Onitsha, it looks like a triangle. Boxed in by the river Niger at the base, the Nkisi river to the north and the Idemili river to the south. Everyone complains there is "No land" in Onitsha, yet all around the town reveal massive expanse of land which cannot be accessed because there are no bridges over the small streams surrounding them!

Very Well stated!

I used to inquire about what happened to Anam New City project?

The answer was that a key bridge which should link the city to Onitsha GRA or "3" area was abandoned! Such great first world project again abandoned in Anambra.

Compare that lackluster execution of the project to the zeal in which a similar city "The Enugu Golf and Lifestyle city" is being executed. You just see the clear difference in the determination to achieve a quality project. Tomorrow, Odenigbo Aroli and others will come here to cite funny examples how they built 15 ill planned 4 story buildings at ochanja which cost more than the golf city and accommodate more population. shocked kiss cool cool

Such blind blah blah blah senseless ... defense of people in government that failed to take hard decisions to make a massive impact on their state's development is the reason why i don't even bother to read some peoples' responses anymore.

http://anamcity.com/

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
I have the current pix of that secretariat because I was in Enugu 2 weeks ago. The sec is one ugly mass of building that covered even up to the main road. I will upload the pix of the sec that I took.

spyder880: Is there anywhere in Nigeria where the state secretariat was built like this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: It is not in many estates..one huge estates can take on all those ones you are mentioning. Trans Nkisi for instance can swallow up all those estates.

I do not wish to derail your thread but I will drop one pix for you to match. Below is a section of Trans-Nkisi estate. A well planned mini city.

Tell me you are joking bro grin these quasi rural dwellings? How many estates have you been to in Enugu? You could get lost inside Golf estate, and call for help to find you way outside. What are the road conditions in your estates?

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
Now you are talking! Stop the chest beating. Show me a similar well planned estate as that in your imaginary enugu. I was dumbfounded when I got into Enugu last time. Everywhere was red and dusty. The roads you claim chime built are already spoilt.

Below are the road situation in that estate..

spyder880:

Tell me you are joking bro grin these quasi rural dwellings? How many estates have you been to in Enugu? You could get lost inside Golf estate, and call for help to find you way outside. What are the road conditions in your estates?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
Go bless Sullivan Chime!

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
This is the pix I took in Enugu last 2 weeks. This is the same sec spyder was busy hyping all over the place. A sec that was not planned but built into the road. Very ugly looking hall. I heard it was built with over 10b..lol

Without even lawn nor parking space..lol

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
Now be sincere spyder..can you compare the 2 secs and be sincere to your biased and complex filled mind for once..lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: You have made some valid and some invalid points. Maybe because of your over stay in US and all that. I will start by telling you that some if not most of great minds and big businessmen are now living within Anambra. All those big shots do not necessarily disclose their locations all the time, I am resident in Anambra so I am privy to some of this information. The last we checked the resident population of people in Anambra is still twice the population of people resident in Enugu state, what does that mean to you?

All those estates you mentioned in Enugu cannot even stand in contest with 3-3, Nkisi housing, American Qtrs, GRA 1,2,3 etc. Onitsha is largely expanding toward Nkwelle Ezunaka. Even Obiano said recently that he will dualize the road from the airport to (3-3) Onitsha. Anambra as a state is not in contest with anybody because we are busy building our state while others are equally busy planting flowers in their state capitals. All of them are still developments in different forms but when the chips are down we shall know better.

With the 3 shopping malls springing up at the same time in Anambra it is a matter of time before we start seeing the positive economic effects. Greenwood estate will be the largest single estate in the East when completed. Roads and other Infrastructural development are ongoing as we speak.

Bro, by the way, I AM A BONAFIDE NWA ANAMBRA COMPLETE !
I was in Nigeria this February, so kpachalu kwa anya there.

I am truly from Ekwusigo LGA which if you know the state comprise of Ichi, Oraifite and Ozubulu.
I want to remain vague about my town because my name is truly Chima and I don't want anyone to figure me out so quickly. My intention is not to diss my state here or belittle our achievements so far, but we must discuss some hard facts about our warped mentality that has continued to drag us back. Instead lying to ourselves and continue to be referred to as the sleeping giant of the SE, I want our people to wake up and realize individual wealth count for nothing unless you are able to apply it in a unique way to make a difference in your life and others around you.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
Forget the long story and come to see me at federal sec when next you visit home. Of course we cannot shake our hands that we have arrived yet but we shall keep aiming higher if not we shall remain stunted..

ChimaAdeoye:

Bro, by the way, I AM A BONAFIDE NWA ANAMBRA COMPLETE !
I was in Nigeria this February, so kpachalu kwa anya there.

I am truly from Ekwusigo LGA which if you know the state comprise of Ichi, Oraifite and Ozubulu.
I want to remain vague about my town because my name is truly Chima and I don't want anyone to figure me out so quickly. My concern is not to diss my state, but we must discuss some hard facts about our warped mentality that has continued to drag us back. Instead lying to ourselves and continue to be referred to as the sleeping giant of the SE, I want our people to wake up and realize individual wealth count for nothing unless you are able to apply it in a unique way to make a difference in your life and others around you.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: Now be sincere spyder..can you compare the 2 secs and be sincere to your biased and complex filled mind for once..lol

What I see is a bland representation of classless buildings with no unique distinguishing style.

Have you ever seen the type of Enugu secretariat elsewhere in Nigeria? I wish I can go round the whole complexes because its just too big.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
I am ready to upload recent pix of enugu that I took to show people that spyder is a propagandist. A visit to Enugu will disappoint all of you..lol I was dumbfounded myself when I visited. But I decided not to wash our dirty linen on NL..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: Forget the long story and come to see me at federal sec when next you visit home. Of course we cannot shakes our hands that we have arrived yet but we shall keep aiming higher if not we shall remain stunted..

I saw Peter Obi in Awka when I came back. We went in the company of ASA USA President. So, I know the progress we have made. But compared to our capability, we deserve much more.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
You are good at talking rubbish. Enugu sec is one ugly mass building without plan, no lawn, no parking space etc., everywhere dusty and reddish.

It was just a huge waste of money by Chime. See it again below. Mind you I am a photo-journalist.

Tell me is the below pix supposed to be what exactly..a chalet or what exactly? lol

spyder880:

What I see is a bland representation of classless buildings with no unique distinguishing style.

Have you ever seen the type of Enugu secretariat elsewhere in Nigeria? I wish I can go round the whole complexes because its just too big.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
Make sure you see me when next you visit Nigeria.

ChimaAdeoye:

I saw Peter Obi in Awka when I came back. We went in the company of ASA USA President. So, I know the progress we have made. But compared to our capability, we deserve much more.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: You are good at talking rubbish. Enugu sec is one ugly mass building without plan, no lawn, no parking space etc., everywhere dusty and reddish.

It was just a huge waste of money by Chime. See it again below. Mind you I am a photo-journalist.

Only the windows in Enugu secretariat can build your own, that's modernity, the trend these days is natural ventilation and illumination, (throw away your AC) grin, can you take another look at the windows once more?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
Your problem is complex!..lol

That thing chime built is rubbish if you must know. Those GMP windows are cheap articles in the market. Compare and contrast the 2 secs and stop talking like you are drunk this afternoon..lol

spyder880:

Only the windows in Enugu secretariat can build your own, that's modernity, the trend these days is ventilation and illumination, can you take another look at the windows once more?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (711) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.