Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,513 members, 7,929,681 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 07:32 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1833318 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
More from Enugu secretariat, have you seen anywhere in Nigeria where they do decking with yellow Iron? cheesy grin

CLASSY!

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
This Chime sec is archaic because one cannot even concentrate to work in the office because of the noise pollution emanating from the activities out there. See the sec next to it is the road and all the bus drivers madness..lol

Spyder stop deceiving yourself anymore because I know Enugu state like the back of my hands..lol

I am showing your finished sec whereas you are showing me foundation..lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: This Chime sec is archaic because one cannot even concentrate to work in the office because of the noise pollution emanating from the activities out there. See the sec next to it is the road and all the bus drivers madness..lol

Bro, we call it ACCESSIBILITY, people can ride a bus and get to work.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: This Chime sec is archaic because one cannot even concentrate to work in the office because of the noise pollution emanating from the activities out there. See the sec next to it is the road and all the bus drivers madness..lol

Spyder stop deceiving yourself anymore because I know Enugu state like the back of my hands..lol

I am showing your finished sec whereas you are showing me foundation..lol

Does you own secretariat have a foundation, then show us the shoddy works, go on, I challenge you grin

This is the second picture from Enugu secretariat.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Spyder..I do not wish to derail your thread. Please continue with your good work on this thread. Thank you
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
some roads and bridges being constructed many kilometers from Enugu town. This is Enugu rural road works in pictures, for those who thinks Enugu stops at Enugu town.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
And yet the center of the town is buzzing with activities,

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
.......ahaaa..... you can catch some serious fun in the beaches, all in one state. cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: Spyder..I do not wish to derail your thread. Please continue with your good work on this thread. Thank you

Yes ENUGU adigo mma... wink

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
Of course nwanne mu..

Enugu adigo mma.. grin

CHESSBOARD:

Yes ENUGU adigo mma... wink

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
spyder880: .......ahaaa..... you can catch some serious fun in the beaches, all in one state. cheesy grin
the question i keep on asking where do those sand come from.... cos its only sea coast lines that can bring out such layout sand that normally form beaches

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
Pictures from Golf estates Enugu......... the roads were provided by the state government before the commencement of the buildings.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
I do not want to show pictures of Zoological gardens Enugu now, let me put only one picture, more opulence to come later.

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Chino nwannem, gee nti kam gwa gi ife.

If you look around, many of our great men still live outside Anambra, including the great Ikemba. WHY?

We have not risen to the height we had hoped to rise after the 1991 creation of our state. Even Abakaliki today has surpassed our state capital Awka in development.

Look around Enugu, what do you see? Many well laid out world-class layouts such as Centenary golf,city, Goshen, Victorcza, Trans Ekulu phase II, Abakpa Phase II, many are even around Emene and Gariki areas. Now, you cannot tell me that only people in Enugu can build houses! The difference is that the State government knows that it has to put in graded roads in the proper places designated for roads in these areas, extend electricity there to enable the citizens build.
In comparison to our state, we pretend State government has no role in helping the private sector mark out a well planned residential areas with proper roads,drainage channels and thus we allow half baked people to build the state for us. The result is they will keep reproducing Awada and Okpoko all over the place, which may have great buildings, but so poorly planned that it appears like a concrete jungle because we have not given them the benefit of our intellect to help them put in proper roads,drainage channels,playgrounds for schools, hospitals etc in order to build great eye popping layout.

Now in our state, apart from Udoka and Ngozika started by Ezeife, even our green wood estate is having hiccups. At Onitsha, the GRA phase II in Akpaka forest reserve have been blocked by people who want the land sold for thrillions of naira. In spite of that, the state government can dualize that Nsugbe road and ask the FG for reimbursement. The dualization of that road will enable GRA Onitsha to reach beyond FGGC Onitsha and use all that empty land at Nkwelle ezunaka. But who is thinking of developing the state like that? NOBODY!

There are bridges which can be built in several parts of Omaba layout to access land on the other end of the Nkisi river, but nobody wants to do such a thing. So if you look at the satellite picture of Onitsha, it looks like a triangle. Boxed in by the river Niger at the base, the Nkisi river to the north and the Idemili river to the south. Everyone complains there is "No land" in Onitsha, yet all around the town reveal massive expanse of land which cannot be accessed because there are no bridges over the small streams surrounding them!
We can plan great layouts with Abuja type houses if we simply look at our own homeland cities, build bridges where they are required and do what we know we are very capable of doing. Instead of trying to jealous others that have a visionary governor developing their state maximally.

Nwanna, you are amazing. U have effortlessly put forward the point some of us have been struggling to make without success. A better Anambra is a better Igbo land and that's all we are trying to say here.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
THE TOP OF Goshen estates Enugu.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
Back to the site again for the evening round up.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
CHESSBOARD:
the question i keep on asking where do those sand come from.... cos its only sea coast lines that can bring out such layout sand that normally form beaches

Enugu is a miracle city. The sand you see comes from Udi hills. There are three of those beaches that ran across Enugu. I had thought Sullivan would give attention to those beaches. Even if there was no money to develop them, at least make a law banning people from mining sand there.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by londoner: 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
spyder880: THE TOP OF Goshen estates Enugu.

Wow.....very nice!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
I am happy for everything in Enugu, Onitsha ,Aba and Owerri they are all my cities. I can tell you why. I will not give details of my life just to obscure my ID a little.
I was born in Aba and raised there. Went to former Prescco secondary school Abakaliki, then completed secondary school in Enugu. Went to University in Awka and lived in Onitsha, precisely off Tony Umeh street in Awada L/O. When i got married to a guy living abroad, they advised me to read nursing while waiting for my green card, so I started with school of nursing at ABSUTH Aba, then finished and worked in FMC Owerri. then decided to also do Midwifery at FMC Umuahia, volunteered in the maternity ward at Emekuku hospital when i finished midwifery. Then got work same year at Onitsha general before i was finally able to get a green card and travel out.A total of about 9 years after our wedding. So I have a passion for the SE development, even though Igbos here in the USA always wonder why I'm still so passionate about Nigeria.

Perhaps being in America has since opened my eyes to what we have been doing wrong as a people. We have failed to see our collective destiny as one and therefore work in concert to uplift our region.Unfortunately, those that wish death on Igbos know that if we unite our cause, they are finished in their wicked plots against our people.

Unlike an American that will not buy a million dollar house in a bad neighborhood,because he believes he cannot be happy to enjoy his life in the midst of angry poor fellow citizens. We on the other hand believe that we can thrive and be happy individually when our neighbors are in sorrow. What fallacy! That is precisely the mindset that have ruined Nigeria as a whole. Where some people believe Nigeria can be a developed working country if they cheat in everything and find ways to under-develop and exclude the SE area of the same country! What madness!

Somebody talked about South East Development initiative. That is where we should be going as a people.Strategic regional industries and transportation system. But our intellectually lazy generation may not see that glorious day. We are still busy focused on the small inconsequential things happening in their villages such as who built a house with escalator or not, than the important bigger picture of regional development and cooperation.

That is part of my intention to begin by helping my state citizens to begin to see the entire state as their constituency rather than their tiny villages. Perhaps with time, they may learn to see the entire SE as a unit too.
Somehow, being able to see how the prosperity created by agriculture in Ebonyi can feed into creating jobs for food packaging factories in Enugu that will easily make wares available at Onitsha and Aba markets as well as many working class customers who can buy those goods at Onitsha or Aba is beyond this generation of Ndigbo. Perhaps my sojourn to America enabled me to connect the big dots of the bigger picture. Thus, why i am ecstatic about the developments in Enugu, Owerri and elsewhere because i know they are good things for me.

I may sound silly to some who are yet to attain this level of awareness, but in time you too will see it too.

17 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
^^
My brother, your ideas are fantastic. It's high time, people dropped their clannish mentalities. A qualified Enugu native shouldn't be sacked from the Ebonyi civil service based only on his/her "state of origin".

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
Mrs ChimaAdeoye, are you an essayist? cheesy grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dreambeat: 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChimaAdeoye: I am happy for everything in Enugu, Onitsha ,Aba and Owerri they are all my cities. I can tell you why. I will not give details of my life just to obscure my ID a little.
I was born in Aba and raised there. Went to former Prescco secondary school Abakaliki, then completed secondary school in Enugu. Went to University in Awka and lived in Onitsha, precisely off Tony Umeh street in Awada L/O.When i got married to a guy living abroad, they advised me to read nursing while waiting for my green card, so I started with school of nursing at ABSUTH Aba, then finished and worked in FMC Owerri. then decided to also do Midwifery at FMC Umuahia, volunteered in the maternity ward at Emekuku hospital when i finished midwifery. Then got work same year at Onitsha general before i was finally able to get a green card and travel out.A total of about 9 years after our wedding. So I have a passion for the SE development, even though Igbos here in the USA always wonder why I'm still so passionate about Nigeria.

I may sound silly to some who are yet to attain this level of awareness, but in time you too will see it too.
ChimaAdeoye is a lady?Hmmmmm shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChinoElects: Kennan Lodge Hotel- Nuskka

Kennan lodge is a top class hotel which offers a combination of comfort, luxury and exclusivity. Our abiding passion is customer satisfaction. Located at the serene Alor-Uno Road in Nsukka, we are only a whispering distance from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Our services and facilities including indoor and outdoor bars, swimming pool, gym, spa and coffee shop, a conference venue are first class. We boast of a quality indoor restaurant and an outstanding banqueting facility at the hill garden and pool deck. If you are looking for an exclusive, quiet environment to stay and resolve complex challenges or the objective is just to touch base with nature in a savannah-like environment our stylish and fascinating facility is your best bet.
a stone throw frm my papa house. Plz, its Nsukka not Nuskka

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
TabletMan:

With works nearing completion on the ultra-modern Tara Agro rice processing mill, the agrarian Adani Community in Uzo Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State, is on the threshold of transformation from largely subsistence agriculture into a commercial hub for agribusiness and rice production.
According to a statement issued in Lagos at the weekend, it was stated that the 42,000 tonnes Tara Agro mill, which will be the biggest rice processing mill in South East Nigeria, is expected to be completed by January 2014.
The statement further stated that the mill, which is a private sector investment, is being built by Tara Agro Industries Limited, owners of the Ebony Agro rice processing mill in Ikwo in Ebonyi State, and the producers of International quality rice brands namely Ebony Super and Ebony Gold. Larger than the Ebony Agro mill, the Tara Agro mill is also said to be fully integrated to produce, package, grade and export quality brands of rice-under a new Brand-Queen of the Niger.
An impact investment, Tara Agro mill is being set up to process locally sourced paddy rice from small holder farmers in Adani Community into parboiled polished rice of international quality. When it begins operation, the mill will raise demand for paddy, and is projected to increase the acreage of rice cultivation from 1,400 hectares one-crop per year in Adani to about 5,000 hectares of three crops per year cycle, thereby expanding the number of financially viable primary producers.
It will also provide supply to meet the growing national demand for high quality rice. Over 5,000 direct and indirect employments will be created in the community. These factors combined will raise household incomes in Adani Community, creating sustainable wealth for the people.
Chairman, Tara Agro Industries Limited, Mr. Charles Ugwuh, said, “Our increased investment in rice production is a testament to our firm commitment to the growth, development and proper coordination of rice production and processing value chain in Nigeria. The choice of Adani rice producing community as the location of the Tara Agro rice mill is as a result of our commitment to building an empowering rice value chain from which small holder farmers can reap social/ economic benefits.
“We are committed to fostering a value chain with shared economic, social and environmental values in which producers, buyers, processors, and others collaborate to create value. It is our belief that this will accelerate the transformation of small holder farmers from subsistence levels into commercially viable enterprises.”
According to Ugwuh, Tara Agro will unlock the huge economic potential of Adani Community by bridging the existing rice processing gap, and by dividing the usually combined functions of producer/processor/seller assumed by thousands of small holder farmers in a way that is most efficient and beneficial to the value chain.
“Tara Agro mill will enhance the productivity of thousands of subsistence farmers through paddy off-take agreements, and by fostering the emergence of input suppliers, storage and logistics providers, as well as technical support, credit and market linkages, among others, which were formerly non-existent on the rice value chain in Adani.”
Project Director, Tara Agro rice processing mill, Mr. Reuben Malcolm, said, “The huge investment in the new rice processing mill in Adani is a courageous one born of patriotic zeal, and commitment by its promoters to the growth and development of the Nigerian economy, in spite of the evident infrastructure deficit in Uzo Awani Local Government Area. The mill site is not connected to the national grid, and the construction of the factory has been wholly dependent on the use of heavy duty generators procured for that purpose.”
Malcolm urged the State and federal government to fast track development of infrastructure such as roads, standard bridges, power supply, storage facilities as well as rectification of the broken down Adani irrigation system, if the potential of Uzo Awani as the leading staple crop processing centre of the South East must be unleashed.
He also called for the state government’s intervention in promoting mechanised farming, agricultural extension services and ensuring access to credit by farmers’ co-operative societies to create an enabling operating environment for private sector players like Tara Agro.
Investment in the Tara Agro integrated rice mill by the promoters of Ebony Agro Industries Limited aligns with the Federal Government’s current policy focus of re-diversifying the economy and re-positioning the agricultural sector to play the lead role in economic development.
Once it is operational, the mill will further boost the quantity and quality of rice production in the country, revitalise and harness the enormous potentials of the developing rice sub- sector to create food security, stimulate job creation, and wealth creation for farmers.

http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20131111020806zg/agriculture/tara-agro-to-transform-adani-into-regional-hub-for-rice-production/

^^ THE ABOVE RICE MILL IS CURRENTLY PRODUCING EBONY RICE...... WHAT BRAND ARE OMOR RICE MILL PRODUCING?

EBONY RICE CAN BE FOUND IN THE MARKET, CAN I ALSO SEE THE BRAND OMOR RICE MILL IS PRODUCING IN THE MARKET?

Wow this is nice, i never heard about this.

Enugu silently achieving!!!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
Basic needs, food clothing, shelter

Sulivan tackling two of them smiley
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
Unemadu: Basic needs, food clothing, shelter

Sulivan tackling two of them smiley

Who is he feeding, clothing or sheltering this time?
Deception

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
Evergreen123:

Deception

Agric and housing wink
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
basilo101:
a stone throw frm my papa house. Plz, its Nsukka not Nuskka
then i might have seen your papa's house na, cause i do ply that road.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
Awka— Anambra State Government yesterday released N1 billion loan to farmers in the state to boost food production. Governor Peter Obi announced the release at a meeting with stakeholders in the agricultural sector.
Obi restated the resolve of his administration to support farmers as critical agents in the transformation of agriculture to create employment for citizens.
“We want to reduce the volume of food coming into the state from outside drastically through expansion of the agricultural sector to enhance food security in Anambra State, ” he said.
The governor cautioned those he described as emergency or political farmers to steer clear, insisting that people who would have access to farming loan or any form of support must be real farmers.
In his remarks, Chief Nnamdi Mekor, the state’s Chairman of the All Farmers Association of Nigeria, AFAN, described the meeting as fruitful, saying that with the release of the loan, there would be agricultural revolution in the state.
“We will key into the agricultural agenda of government and reduce by half the amount of food coming from other places to the state,” Mekor said.
In his contribution, Mr Paul Mgbechi, the state’s Chairman of Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria, commended the governor for his commitment to the growth of the sector.
Mgbechi noted that the release of the money would boost agricultural activities in the state, adding that before the end of the year, the state would begin to produce more rice to other parts of the nation.

Still on agricultural revolution as initiated by Obi before he left.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
Evergreen123:

Deception
its seems you are not in Enugu or haven't been following what others (like spyder) have been highlighting on this thread. We are not yet there but gradually getting there.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
Unemadu:

Agric and housing wink

We are still on,brother.
Brief me more on aggressive agricultural strides of Chime.
I mean the measures he took to boost food production and reduce poverty.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
OdenigboAroli: Awka— Anambra State Government yesterday released N1 billion loan to farmers in the state to boost food production. Governor Peter Obi announced the release at a meeting with stakeholders in the agricultural sector.
Obi restated the resolve of his administration to support farmers as critical agents in the transformation of agriculture to create employment for citizens.
“We want to reduce the volume of food coming into the state from outside drastically through expansion of the agricultural sector to enhance food security in Anambra State, ” he said.
The governor cautioned those he described as emergency or political farmers to steer clear, insisting that people who would have access to farming loan or any form of support must be real farmers.
In his remarks, Chief Nnamdi Mekor, the state’s Chairman of the All Farmers Association of Nigeria, AFAN, described the meeting as fruitful, saying that with the release of the loan, there would be agricultural revolution in the state.
“We will key into the agricultural agenda of government and reduce by half the amount of food coming from other places to the state,” Mekor said.
In his contribution, Mr Paul Mgbechi, the state’s Chairman of Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria, commended the governor for his commitment to the growth of the sector.
Mgbechi noted that the release of the money would boost agricultural activities in the state, adding that before the end of the year, the state would begin to produce more rice to other parts of the nation.

Still on agricultural revolution as initiated by Obi before he left.

Na so so release everytime. Are u sure he doesnt have a cut in these released monies?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (711) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.