Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,985 members, 7,890,239 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:30 AM

Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” (23850 Views)

Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards / 2015: Be Patient, I Won’t Let You Down, Jonathan Tells Campaign Groups / Boko-Haram's Plot To Shoot-down Jonathan’s Plane Foiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kiyosaki1(m): 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2012
jmaine: Is Bakare tacitly in support of Boko Haram targetting and bombing of churches . . . .cos am yet to see him spill the same venom of rebukes he utilizes in attacking the government.

We shall come to that question on a latter date . . . .

The reason is not far fetch, let the C IN C who's empowered by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and is also by law the CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER OF NIGERIA do is work of eliminating the menace called boko haram.And the last time I checked the Nigeria constitution we have what we called freedom of speech embeddedin it and we have right to correct our. elected leaders when they err.So get that into your thinning brain

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by tpapi: 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2012
Bakare is confused,he is losin his integrity as a mog,he is a bad loser,all his sermon r now centred around gej,he is no more focussed on preachin d undiluted word of God,somtimes i wonder wat his coligs in d christendom think of him
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Royalprestidge(m): 12:24pm On Jul 02, 2012
Anyone that called Bakare fake is demoniac, all pastors can be the same, Jeremaih is referred to as prophet of doom because of the nature of his ministry, BAKARE is raised by GOD to fight corruption, illegality and evil in governance through sharp messages and prophecy
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by gbadexy(m): 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2012
I'm concerned about his insinuations. How would the months get intense and then dark? Darkness doesn't mean any good thing in any form.
I seriously think the man is pushing his luck.
Personal attacks should not be made on someone using religious platform.
It just goes to show that religion should be regulated by government to censor what religious leaders so to their gullible and susceptible followers.
Believe me, although majority of the illiterate almajiris in the north are the boko haram recuits, if a radical pastor tell his cngregation to arm themselves and attack muslims as a form of modern crusade, even with the so called education of the south, not a few would comply. We all know how pastor king and is congregation did with the burning of a member, leading to her death which was why he was sentenced to death.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by rolchi(m): 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2012
abdurrazaq:
Pray for the government? Which government? Any Nigerian praying for the Nigerian government is DIRECTLY cursing him/herself.
Pastor Tunde Bakare is a Nigerian and, has all the constitutional rights to criticize/praise he so wishes.

^^^Agreed! But he should preach God's word on Sundays to God's people and not 'Hate Gospel' o nthe Lord's day. He is free to call a press conference the number of time he wants and lambast the government as much as he wants. But, he should keep the Lord's DAY holy by preaching Salvation, God's Mercy and Healing. This is what heaven conscious Christians are asking for.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by rolchi(m): 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2012
abdurrazaq:
Pray for the government? Which government? Any Nigerian praying for the Nigerian government is DIRECTLY cursing him/herself.
Pastor Tunde Bakare is a Nigerian and, has all the constitutional rights to criticize/praise he so wishes.

^^^Agreed! But he should preach God's word on Sundays to God's people and not 'Hate Gospel' on the Lord's day. He is free to call a press conference the number of time he wants and lambast the government as much as he wants. But, he should keep the Lord's DAY holy by preaching Salvation, God's Mercy and Healing. This is what heaven conscious Christians are asking for.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by monkeyleg: 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2012
tpapi: Bakare is confused,he is losin his integrity as a mog,he is a bad loser,all his sermon r now centred around gej,he is no more focussed on preachin d undiluted word of God,somtimes i wonder wat his coligs in d christendom think of him

MAybe you should take a trip to Delta state, where his mates endorse corruption. Please leave him alone.

What I find so funny, is that anyone who actively comes out and condemns a failing goverment in Nigeria, people are quick to label him or her names. I have asked this question several times and I will again today. Which sector Besides "Ministry of Corruption" is working in Nigeria?? If you cannot state any, please do the honourable thing are leave those who are prepared to call out Wrong when they see it.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by nagoma(m): 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2012
Billyonaire: smileyThe Bible says we should respect the people in Authority because they cant be there if God does not

If he was in America, the CIA would have downed him a long time ago. If and When I become President, such people like Bakare, will simply disappear. I promise that.

And we Nigerians promise you that you will never become even Local Government counsellor.we have seen what damage your retardeen is causing the country.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by rolchi(m): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2012
Royalprestidge: Anyone that called Bakare fake is demoniac, all pastors can be the same, Jeremaih is referred to as prophet of doom because of the nature of his ministry, BAKARE is raised by GOD to fight corruption, illegality and evil in governance through sharp messages and prophecy

But he must not fight it in the temple! He claims he is called by God to stand before God's people...Prophets do not go into the holy-of-holies and raise prophecies against the romans, greeks, persians. In there, they pray for the people and for the mercies of God.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Demdem2: 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2012
rolchi:

^^^Agreed! But he should preach God's word on Sundays to God's people and not 'Hate Gospel' on the Lord's day. He is free to call a press conference the number of time he wants and lambast the government as much as he wants. But, he should keep the Lord's DAY holy by preaching Salvation, God's Mercy and Healing. This is what heaven conscious Christians are asking for.

what do u mean by this? can u expatiate on this?
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Demdem2: 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
rolchi:

But he must not fight it in the temple! [/b]He claims he is called by God to stand before God's people...[s]Prophets do not go into the holy-of-holies and raise prophecies against the romans, greeks, persians. In there, they pray for the people and for the mercies of God.[/s]

[b]the arrows are much more effective and potent if they are sent from the temple. cant u see how the retardeen and his cohorts are shivering already?
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kiyosaki1(m): 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2012
Demdem2:

the arrows are much more effective and potent if they are sent from the temple. cant u see how the retardeen and his cohorts are shivering already?
You can be more correct
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by delords2: 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2012
I think he should be called TUNDE BOKO ...... and not Tunde Bakare. Haha ... confused pastor. Even during the olden days of the Bible, we had such prophets of his kind - who wined and dinned with the devil yet claim they are oracle of God. How will he feel being a pastor (prophet) vice presidentt of ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA?
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Mutee: 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2012
Demdem:

my friend shut up. he is now in Town. Ask those mothafuckers to go arrest him now for interrogation. he isnt a coward. also ask Otedollar to launch his case. Nonsense

[b]Down to a bloodsucking leader that told me not to panic when there are bomb blasts since terrorist attack happens worldwide.
Down to a glutonnous leader that eats approx a billion naira worth of food within a year in the midst of abject poverty.
Down to a liar of a leader who promises to curtail govt spendings but instead still enjoys travelling all over the world with battalions.
Down to a heartless leader who told me pointblank on a live program that he doesnt give a damn about any citizen's criticsm.
Down to a evil leader who has in his disposal the list of evil boko sponsors and has refused to act on them therby allowing my innocent countrymen to die in vain.
Down to a deceptive leader who preffers to jollificate with brazillian models while lying to us that he is in an earth summit when his coutrymen are being bombed to death
Down to a deceptive leader who feels having murderers, killers and bunkerers like Asari, Tompolo, Boyloaf and their kinds has non-portfolio advisers is the right way to go.
Down to a leader that sees IBB as his father
Down to the leader of the killer party.etc[/b]
Well said!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kiyosaki1(m): 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2012
rolchi:

I think you should agree with me,that It's better to use the pulpit to fight injustice and corruption being perpetrated in the society, than using the same to celebrate corruption and injustice going on in this country
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kiyosaki1(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
delord's:
I think he should be called TUNDE BOKO ...... and not Tunde Bakare. Haha ... confused pastor. Even during the olden days of the Bible, we had such prophets of his kind - who wined and dinned with the devil yet claim they are oracle of God. How will he feel being a pastor (prophet) vice presidentt of ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA?
YOU ARE SIMPLY A DELUDED INDIVIDUAL AND YOU REALLY NEEDS HELP
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by jmaine: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2012
kiyosaki1: The reason is not far fetch, let the C IN C who's empowered by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and is also by law the CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER OF NIGERIA do is work of eliminating the menace called boko haram.And the last time I checked the Nigeria constitution we have what we called freedom of speech embeddedin it and we have right to correct our. elected leaders when they err.So get that into your thinning brain

When next a cow (You) seek to quote me, kindly make them readable and easily understood . .mind trying again cos am an understanding fellow cool
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by emesv26(m): 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2012
politics in church
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by delords2: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2012
Before he failed the presidential election, how many of the past govt. did openly criticized openly. Wasn't he into ministry when Abacha virtually preyed on all responsible Nigerians who attempt to resist his brutal rule? If he is a minister, let return to God for direction.... I rest my case.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by hotwax: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2012
If I were a member of his church, i'll be so disappointed in him. I come to church to get encouraged and sharpened with the word of God but sunday after sunday he feeds me hatred for a government that the bible says i should pray for. He lost an election, he shouldnt be that bitter, 2015 isnt too far even though i wont vote for him then too.
He should organise a politics gathering for his members and feed them his BS but on sundays, he should respect God and feed or attempt to feed my hungry soul

You come to church to bask in unrealistic sweet talks. And when a pastor speaks the truth, you call him false prophet.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by delords2: 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2012
Before he failed the presidential election, how many of the past govt. did he (Bakare)openly criticized? Wasn't he into ministry when Abacha virtually preyed on all responsible Nigerians who attempt to resist his brutal rule? If he is a minister, let him return to God for direction.... I rest my case.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Demdem2: 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2012
emesv26: politics in church

it has always been there and will forever be there. Dont be surprised. Bakare didnt start it

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by PE: 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2012
I entreat Tunde Bakare to live God out of his hate sermons. He's certainly driven by political ambition, not the spirit of God. [b]He should repent before God purnishes him [/b]for using His name as a cover to pursue his political goals.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Demdem2: 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2012
delord's:
Before he failed the presidential election, how many of the past govt. did openly criticized openly. Wasn't he into ministry when Abacha virtually preyed on all responsible Nigerians who attempt to resist his brutal rule? If he is a minister, let return to God for direction.... I rest my case.

Another ignoramus in the house. where were u when all these were happening?

Tunde Bakare is a Nigerian Pentecostal pastor. He has received national and international attention for his televangelism, which has sometimes been critical of the Nigerian government. He was in March 2002 reportedly arrested after sermons apparently critical of then-president Olusegun Obasanjo.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunde_Bakare

Him and his people single-handedly fought with the powerful Turai cabal when the retardeen was still busy washing Turai's pants.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by cheddarking(m): 1:13pm On Jul 02, 2012
gbadexy: I'm concerned about his insinuations. How would the months get intense and then dark? Darkness doesn't mean any good thing in any form.
I seriously think the man is pushing his luck.
Personal attacks should not be made on someone using religious platform.
It just goes to show that religion should be regulated by government to censor what religious leaders so to their gullible and susceptible followers.
Believe me, although majority of the illiterate almajiris in the north are the boko haram recuits, if a radical pastor tell his cngregation to arm themselves and attack muslims as a form of modern crusade, even with the so called education of the south, not a few would comply. We all know how pastor king and is congregation did with the burning of a member, leading to her death which was why he was sentenced to death.

So On Point...
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Biggyd2: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2012
May be Uncle Jonah changed overnight. He says his government is not soft on corruption. undecided undecided. I am sure Bakare will stop talking if he sees indeed that he is fighting corruption.

[size=8pt]Jonathan not ‘soft on corruption’ – Presidency

President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday reiterated his committed to curbing corruption in the country saying that those indicted in the fuel subsidy probe report will be penalised.

The president, who disclosed this through a press statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati, said that he is worried by recent reports, comments and agitations aimed at creating the “totally false impression that the Jonathan Administration is not doing enough to curb corruption in Nigeria”.

“President Goodluck Jonathan clearly enunciated his Administration’s zero tolerance for corruption on his assumption of office and has since worked to strengthen the nation’s anti-corruption agencies for greater efficiency and effectiveness.

“Certainly, nothing has been done or left undone under the President’s watch to justify the labelling of his administration as ‘soft on corruption’”, Mr Abati said.

“He has appointed a tried and tested corruption investigator to head the EFCC. He declined to swear in a nominee for the chairmanship of the ICPC when questions were raised by the public about the propriety of his nomination and clearance by the Senate; and recently nominated a more acceptable replacement.

“Much of the politically-motivated agitations alleging tardiness in the war against corruption revolve around the Administration’s handling of the reports of probes that have been undertaken into the management of fuel subsidies in the country.

“President Jonathan wishes to reaffirm, once again, that there will be no sacred cows in the matter and that any organization or individual found guilty of fraud or corruption will ultimately face the full weight of sanctions prescribed by the extant laws of the country.

“The report of the House of Representatives Ad-Hoc Committee on Fuel Subsidies has already been referred by the President to the EFCC through the Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation.

“In compliance with the President’s clear and unequivocal directives, the EFCC is currently undertaking a thorough and painstaking investigation of all indictments made by the committee with a view to establishing water-tight cases that will be taken before courts of competent jurisdiction as quickly as possible.

“The report of the Committee headed by Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede which was set up by the Federal Government to verify fuel subsidy payments has also been received and is being expeditiously reviewed. Appropriate action will follow.

“President Jonathan urges Nigerians to be patient and assured that the guilty will definitely not go unpunished as justice will certainly be done in the matter.

“It is also noteworthy that to strengthen ongoing reforms and transformation of Nigeria’s Petroleum sector and in furtherance of efforts to achieve greater transparency and accountability in government, President Jonathan recently approved the re-composition of the executive management team of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

“Furthermore, in continuation of efforts by his Administration to sanitize Nigeria’s entire petroleum sector, entrench probity, transparency and accountability, and rid the sector of fraud and corruption to ensure that ordinary Nigerians enjoy more benefits from this God-given natural resource, President Jonathan has directed that the report of the technical committee which reviewed the Petroleum Industry Bill be speedily evaluated and appraised by relevant government ministries and presented to the Federal Executive Council for approval before being returned to the National Assembly for speedy promulgation.

“President Jonathan remains fully committed to the diligent and effective implementation of his Administration’s Agenda for National Transformation and the eradication of official corruption which is evidently antithetical to the attainment of the stated goals of his administration.

“In the prosecution of the war against corruption, President Jonathan believes that the interests of national peace, stability, progress and development override all other considerations and are therefore beyond any compromise.

“The President continues to uphold this belief in all his private and official actions” Mr Abati said.http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/01/jonathan-not-soft-on-corruption-presidency/
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Demdem2: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2012
^^^^
Demdem2:

the arrows are much more effective and potent if they are sent from the temple. cant u see how the retardeen and his cohorts are shivering already?

more of these arrows from the pulpit are needed oooo.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by monkeyleg: 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
People are forgetting that this same Pastor led people to go and fight for Goodluck when we had the Yar Adua saga. Now he is critisizing Broda Jona, he becomes a false prophet abi Tunde has been consistent with the truth, something that Goddy and his band of decievers find alien

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by fuelsaver: 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2012
He is not just speaking against the govt. He wants to overthrow the govt by causing havoc and distrust towards an elected govt. For him to even contest for election as a vice president puts his MOG status to....,,,,,,,,, He sounds more political than MOG
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
I like Bakare, he has balls of steel!

He does not fear anybody!

good man!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Barywhyte(m): 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
Demdem:

my friend shut up. he is now in Town. Ask those mothafuckers to go arrest him now for interrogation. he isnt a coward. also ask Otedollar to launch his case. Nonsense

[b]Down to a bloodsucking leader that told me not to panic when there are bomb blasts since terrorist attack happens worldwide.
Down to a glutonnous leader that eats approx a billion naira worth of food within a year in the midst of abject poverty.
Down to a liar of a leader who promises to curtail govt spendings but instead still enjoys travelling all over the world with battalions.
Down to a heartless leader who told me pointblank on a live program that he doesnt give a damn about any citizen's criticsm.
Down to a evil leader who has in his disposal the list of evil boko sponsors and has refused to act on them therby allowing my innocent countrymen to die in vain.
Down to a deceptive leader who preffers to jollificate with brazillian models while lying to us that he is in an earth summit when his coutrymen are being bombed to death
Down to a deceptive leader who feels having murderers, killers and bunkerers like Asari, Tompolo, Boyloaf and their kinds has non-portfolio advisers is the right way to go.
Down to a leader that sees IBB as his father
Down to the leader of the killer party.etc[/b]

Godbless u my brother! Real real good!!! Leave them alone. Let them continue to smile and suffer. Let them continue with their endless prayers. Of course God himself will come down from heaven and fight for them. He will come down from heaven + all his angels to fight for lazy humanbeings. A very great percentage of Nigerian youths are corrupt beyond measure; too corrupt our minds have been debased battered to a level that evryone only want their own share of the national cake.

Godbless Tunde Bakare Godbless him real good. He is always like that. Personally I dnt care wether or not he is a man of God. I like the stand he has taken concerning corruption and bad governance.

Nigerians!!! U deserve the leadership u have!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by walton1(m): 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
adaybayor:

I cannot help but wonder what kind of brain you have, are you so daf.t that you can reason well?
What has his sermon got to do with islamic clerics or when did your pastors start using the quran to preach? Must you attach religious sentiment to all things.
You are a high class reta.rd

You this almajiri the almajiri education system is now modernise by GEJ for people like you. Nobody is saying if should not preach but the name calling is hatred and foolishness on his part.
He should be invited to explain the meaning of a new dawn, is he and his cohorts trying to take over the government of nigeria? Prophet of doom

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

OPC Sacks Fasheun As President / Senator Dino Melaye Casts His Vote at polling unit / G-70 Reps To Femi Gbajabiamila: Meet Our Terms Or Face Legal Action,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.