Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,422 members, 7,974,726 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 10:19 AM

Do you Remember Or Used This? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do you Remember Or Used This? (29382 Views)

If You Used This Olympic Exercise Book, Please Go And Marry (Photo) / Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Reference(m): 9:00am On Jul 06, 2012
Roland17: Speaks loud of how education in Nigeria has not only nose dived, but also degenerated in the past 15 years, Pictures of illitrate artists without any identity with their music or arts have replaced arithmetic tables as front and back covers of notebooks for pupils and students..

Values have changed. Permanently.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:02am On Jul 06, 2012
Reference:

No Sir. You're not of that generation.

No mind am!!

Imagine say now, kids don dey carry Ipad go school.. Dey submit assignment online sef!!
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Sweetlemon(f): 9:03am On Jul 06, 2012
Aww!
If you used this note book, then you don old now o! Kai! I don old o! cheesy
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Reference(m): 9:06am On Jul 06, 2012
D.pinaku:

The period when every boy knows how to draw chicago bull and dance galala (popularised by daddy Showkey)

The period when we usually challenge ourselves in 'somersault' (gymnastics)
such as ,
'backflit', 'steady', aeroplane'etal

The period of danger mouse, voltron, superted,
scoobido and scrabido.

The period when a teacher punishes the class by telling them to 'heads down'. We end up sleeping in the process.
*#SoMuchToTell#*

Mid to late eighties. Towards the end of time.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 06, 2012
Reference:

Mid to late eighties. Towards the end of time.

You are definitely right as per the time frame, but how do you mean the end of time?
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ing4laif(m): 9:19am On Jul 06, 2012
Ede times ede, rice customer iya, segun elere ball, odabo odabo kola. That was in d good old days.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Reference(m): 9:27am On Jul 06, 2012
greateros: any one fortunate to use this exercise book is not less than 35 years now!

na waooo! e bi like say all of una na my age mate! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

How time flies! embarassed embarassed

and i dey think before say na small children full nairaland now! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Pally, Nairaland is filled with children or adults in body alone.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Aksally(m): 9:28am On Jul 06, 2012
Mine primary was in the 80s. I remember pri 4 Agbo Malaika nightmare. That was when u read your 'reader' without looking at it. Agbo Malaika lives in the town of lagoon which is not far from Lagos....... Pls complete it for me.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by nuelle: 9:30am On Jul 06, 2012
Oh wow!! As a kid, I had always wondered who arranged such complex and difficult multiplication tables behind that book!!! It made me scared of the back of the book... shocked

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by jadedmocha(f): 9:30am On Jul 06, 2012
amiskurie: Mr Sada is a farmer,he lives in sapele,every sunday he goes to church.

Who knws ralia the sugar girl?

I do, I loved that story book, can you remember chike and the river, sade and friends, eze goes to school, eze goes to college, the drummer boy, all lady bird books. loved reading so much, l was made the library prefect, hmmmm! those were the good old days.

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ade2tu(m): 9:30am On Jul 06, 2012
Wow! Really nice. Well i learnt mine this way.

Ede tINes Ede Remmy koni 'ya segun elere ball(u) odabo odabo kayode. No offence to any kayode or Remmy here. Jst catching for fun. grin
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by babylawyr(f): 9:31am On Jul 06, 2012
Eze times Eze Rice Customer Is Selling Eba.... that was our own version in school, good old days.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by DrDre1(m): 9:33am On Jul 06, 2012
OMG! Brings back memories of those days o! The whole class 'chanting' the multiplication table with the teacher standing with those terrible 'atoris'. The teacher doesn't even need to walk to a student that's stuttering along in the chant before flogging him/her.

Looking back now, our education system has gone to the dogs. Most notebooks these days have silly things on them and if it's from the government, U are saddled with the burden of pictures of some 'polithiefcians' starring at U with their evil smiles. Smh

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by uyogabie(f): 9:34am On Jul 06, 2012
Yes o!The days of Jenka bubble gum,Nasco biscuit and Nasco wafers,Macmillian textbooks,oxford English,BATA shoes.When Kobo had value.Those days when May 27 matchpast was still fun.

2 Likes

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by drstone1: 9:44am On Jul 06, 2012
Remii:

That was Ifeajuna, one of majors that planned the 1966 coup, he was killed during Biafra war for planning another coup against Ojukwu. That picture was his introduction of new style of high jump into commonwealth games. In 1959.
Nna bros.. where yu go find this ur info from??
However this exercise bo0k brings a lot of Memories. I think it used to come as 2A for English, 2B for Arithmetic & 2C/D for Writing. It brings me sudden memories of Bob marley songs just about when he died. My friends in Maiduguri, onyisi, chidiebere, uche, Paul that we used to act wrestling, bruce lee,all those somersault, back flip and free flat or whatever name it was called then. My pocket money for the day used to be 5kobo,that coin that had something like a groundnut or pear inscribed. Normaly used to buy 'hot Olele and local Rice". Back then in the North we used Longman text books.I could still remember, "Dan Asabe and The Torch Batterries" , Ahmadu lives by the River Benue"
Nice one Poster , you made our day!!!

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Reference(m): 9:46am On Jul 06, 2012
D.pinaku:

You are definitely right as per the time frame, but how do you mean the end of time?

Most countries have generational fault lines. These lines are caused by major events that impact on society and affects a broad range of issues that make one generation distinct from another in the way they think and act.

American society has the popular baby boomers. The explosive growth in the American population after the second world war and the consequent change in society from one of sacrifice and propriety to one of expectation and reward.

I believe Nigeria has these lines, call them what you wish but there is the independence and civil war generation, then there's the Babangida generation and post this. These three generations are very distinct.

That's what I mean when I say end of time. It was the end of many things and the beginning of others.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by drstone1: 9:49am On Jul 06, 2012
Korrection: Jeezzz remembered Madam Ejiobi (r.i.p)my best primary school teacher....you must own this book .......always newsprint ...write it hard and see manifest the other side...i remember when i used to draw 10 kobo coin with a pencil on it and it appears as if it is the same.....Kui kuli days with enough garri in my pocket...round about snack...if your mother cacth you eating egg you must explain how you come about it...steal your mothers money and the next person to treat the case is your teacher in school...he or she will call you out infront of the class and ask you to kneel down infront of your parents...while being flogged if you run away your parents will chase you and bring you back for continous flogging until all your yansh go peel....good old days mehn....we have actually derailed from good morals..i have so many memories...
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Laffs. See how them take make you better person today! grin grin grin
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:49am On Jul 06, 2012
Reference:

Most countries have generational fault lines. These lines are caused by major events that impact on society and affects a broad range of issues that make one generation distinct from another in the way they think and act.

American society has the popular baby boomers. The explosive growth in the American population after the second world war and the consequent change in society from one of sacrifice and propriety to one of expectation and reward.

I believe Nigeria has these lines, call them what you wish but there is the independence and civil war generation, then there's the Babangida generation and post this. These three generations are very distinct.

That's what I mean when I say end of time. It was the end of many things and the beginning of others.

I believe that the Nigerian fault line that brought in this new era was in the year 2000.. Thats when we left the Iron age and entered the I.T age..
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ceaser: 9:51am On Jul 06, 2012
enitan2002: The book of the present time doesnt have all those metric tables, its only pictures of celebrities like dbanj and psquarr u will find there. Where have we gone wrong. I spent 20kobo on lunch in my own time but kids of the present time wont even be satisfied with a hundred naira note.
Na wa o. Wahala dey o-o-o.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ikachi1: 9:56am On Jul 06, 2012
masterpiecer:

the one i love d most was the song at the end of the semenster:
[size=18pt]
Holiday is coming
holiday is coming
no more teacher's bell
no more *sometin sometin sometin* (cant remeber)
teachers goodbye
scholars goodbye
i am going to spend my darling holiday[/size]

"No more morning bell, No more teacher's whip"

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Biggyd2: 10:00am On Jul 06, 2012
I Love this thread
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Toktee(m): 10:01am On Jul 06, 2012
Me 2
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Reference(m): 10:02am On Jul 06, 2012
Let me try and expand on this using one factor - education. In the pre and post independence period Nigeria had very highly educated and informed people but in very few numbers. You can score this 3. In the seventies and eighties education deepened and widened. A lot more people had access and the quality was quite decent. A score of 5. Post eighties there has been a deluge of people seeking education and information has exploded, reaching more people than ever before. Unfortunately the quality is simply atrocious. So in terms of the quantum effect we have gone back to a score of 3.

So we have not progressed at all and we see the effects everyday.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Biggyd2: 10:02am On Jul 06, 2012
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by slex(m): 10:06am On Jul 06, 2012
i still have this book in my store, brings memories
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Reference(m): 10:08am On Jul 06, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

I believe that the Nigerian fault line that brought in this new era was in the year 2000.. Thats when we left the Iron age and entered the I.T age..

Well, you just wonder what kids born that year will turn out to be in this E-age.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Fairgodwin(m): 10:17am On Jul 06, 2012
Funny enough, my mother still sells this (exercise) book (in her shop).
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Ishilove: 10:18am On Jul 06, 2012
Ejiné: Edeh Times Edeh.
Rice. Customer.
I Saw Edeh.
Beans.
Oloko-Oloko Kids

grin grin grin
Ede times Ede
Remi ko ni iya
Segun elere boolu
Odabo odabo Kayode!

Memories... smiley
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Biggyd2: 10:19am On Jul 06, 2012
ceaser: This is how we recite it :-
Two TANS one - Two
Two TANS two - Four
Two TANS "Sebin" - Fourteen
Two TANS "Elebin" - twenty - two
and you get to be caned if you fail to recite nos one to twelve multiplication. Then we'll make fun of those who can't recite properly. But come to think of it, can our children nowadays recite this thing the way we do then? I wonder.

Oh my, oh my. Those good old times - Do I loooooooove 'em.

Laff wan tear my belle!
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:20am On Jul 06, 2012
masterpiecer:

the one i love d most was the song at the end of the semenster:
[size=18pt]
Holiday is coming
holiday is coming
no more teacher's bell
no more *sometin sometin sometin* (cant remeber)
teachers goodbye
scholars goodbye
i am going to spend my darling holiday[/size]
Holiday is coming 2x
no more morning bells,
no more teacher's whips,
goodbye teachers, goodbye scholars,
I am going to spend
my jolly holiday 2x
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Ishilove: 10:21am On Jul 06, 2012
Ejiné: I remember when I used to recieve hot punishments for tearing out the leaves of my exercise books and using them to draw "action feems".

De actor and de 'bose'

cry

Mrs. Njemanze was such a mean biyotch.
I used mine to make paper airplanes,boats and kites grin
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2012
[quote author=Reference]

Now I get your drift.
I think avdancement in technology, educational and value systems could also be attributed for these generational lines.

Be that as it may, while different generations may seem to have different ideologies, certain traits and values are nonetheless passed from generation to another.
It may also be debateable trying to point an exact time where these lines start and end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Medical Lab Science Or Science Laboratory Technology? / OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US / Father Who Obtained His First Degree At 54 Celebrated By Daughter (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.