Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,583 members, 7,878,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 11:51 PM

Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 (19443 Views)

Basketball Team: D'Tigers Had Six-Weeks To Prepare – Oyedeji / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 / Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 09, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Pops Mensah Bonsu
Nazr Mohammed

http://www.africabasket.com/Ghana/basketball.asp

WE are coming after you girls and have a 5 year plan. Unlike you we are developing our talent locallygrin grin grin
i still dey roll for floor but seriously its nice to see nigerians from all tribes atually contributing to naija
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by CARLISTO77(m): 3:03am On Jul 09, 2012
SmoothCrim: Well done!! grin grin

Just like Ghana will never catch Nigeria in Basketball, Nigeria will never catch Ghana in football cheesy cheesy On a serious note 2 African teams in the Olympics is a huge accomplishment and it shows the growth of the game on the continent. wink

MIND YOU, IGNORANT CRETIN, NIGERIA WAS RANKED BY CAF AS THE 2ND BEST AFRICAN TEAM OF THE
CENTURY, JUST BEHIND CAMEROON...PUTIN DE MERDE.
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by Nobody: 3:04am On Jul 09, 2012
Our olympic team is going to be heavy..

Ike Diogu.. Ben Uzor.. Ekpe Udoh.. Al Farooq Aminu...Dagunduro..

Reserves: Alade Aminu..Ezeli..Solomon Alabi..Archibong..Ibekwe..Obasohan..Skinn
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SmoothCrim: 3:05am On Jul 09, 2012
CARLISTO77:

MIND YOU, IGNORANT CRETIN, NIGERIA WAS RANKED BY CAF AS THE 2ND BEST AFRICAN TEAM OF THE
CENTURY, JUST BEHIND CAMEROON...PUTIN DE MERDE.

Compare this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana_national_football_team

To this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria_national_football_team

Not even in the same class. grin grin grin
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SmoothCrim: 3:05am On Jul 09, 2012
shymmex: Our olympic team is going to be heavy..

Ike Diogu.. Ben Uzor.. Ekpe Udoh.. Al Farooq Aminu...Dagunduro..

Reserves: Alade Aminu..Ezeli..Solomon Alabi..Archibong..Ibekwe..Obasohan..Skinn

Yes, I am very impressed with your team.
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by Nobody: 3:08am On Jul 09, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Yes, I am very impressed with your team.

But Ghana isn't on our level in football as well..

Olympics gold and silver medal..

Under 20 = 2silver medals.

under 17 = three gold medals.

women = all the african cups except the last one..

Stay in your lane!
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by tbaba1234: 3:09am On Jul 09, 2012
Go for Gold ...hehehe!! grin grin grin
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SmoothCrim: 3:09am On Jul 09, 2012
shymmex:

Stay in your lane!

Youth tournaments don't count... Only senior tournaments where only men play against men if you know what I mean grin grin grin
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by CARLISTO77(m): 3:13am On Jul 09, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Youth tournaments don't count... Only senior tournaments where only men play against men if you know what I mean grin grin grin

SO TELL US WHY NIGERIA WAS ALOOF GHANA ON AFRICAN MEN'S FOOTBALL RAKING...
STOP YOUR PREPOSTEROUSNESS AND FACE THE FACT.
GHANA MY FOOT...I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY YOUR SULLEN DIVAGATION ABOUT FOOTBALL
WHILE THERE IS JOY ABOUT BASKETBALL...
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by CARLISTO77(m): 3:17am On Jul 09, 2012
shymmex:

Stay in your lane!

MY MAN, JUST IGNORE THE FOOL...
HE'S JUST ARRANTLY BEING JEALOUS OF NIGERIA'S FEAT IN BASKETBALL.
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SmoothCrim: 3:18am On Jul 09, 2012
Ghana was top 8 at the last world Cup

Has won the african cup more and been to the final game more

that is what counts
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by CARLISTO77(m): 3:25am On Jul 09, 2012
SmoothCrim: Ghana was top 8 at the last world Cup

Has won the african cup more and been to the final game more

that is what counts

Imagine the obstreperous yardstick in measuring potency of a Nation in football!
How many years ago, your almighty Ghana last won the Nations' Cup?
How many participations does your omnipresent Ghana have in World Cup Tournaments?
A far cry from being superior to Nigeria...Last 8 my foot...
Verify well statistic, Nigera has an edge over Ghana as per HEAD-TO-HEAD confrontations
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SmoothCrim: 3:28am On Jul 09, 2012
Qualifying for the world cup is not enough getting out of the group is what matters . Ghana's performance at the world up is superior... Nigeria has exited as the last place team in disgrace twice including 2010.. Ghana is the greatest footballing nation in African history

-8 time finalist at the African cup of nations
-4 trophies
-Best world cup record when you look at actual performance at the tournament. For example Cameroon has qualified 6 times but, only made it out of the group stages once(a -pathetic record

Now stuff that matters less
- First African team to win the an Olympic medal(1992)
- Only African team to win the U20 world cup. Runners up twice
- 2 Under 17 goal medals. runners up twice

Find me an African nation with such consistency!!
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by CARLISTO77(m): 3:36am On Jul 09, 2012
SmoothCrim: Qualifying for the world cup is not enough getting out of the group is what matters . Ghana's performance at the world up is superior... Nigeria has exited as the last place team in disgrace twice including 2010.. Ghana is the greatest footballing nation in African history

The most exciting team in Africa failing to win the most coveted Trophy over 30 years!!!
Please go and drink venoms so that you go to the pits of the beyond of the ignorants.
Most exciting team my arse...vete a dormnir, banda de cerdada...Misplaced patriotism.
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by CLT123(m): 3:37am On Jul 09, 2012
Nigeria has more world cup history than Ghana
We've beat great teams like Spain in it plus we won Gold in the 96 Olympics

Ghana has only been in it twice.
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SmoothCrim: 3:37am On Jul 09, 2012
SmoothCrim: Qualifying for the world cup is not enough getting out of the group is what matters . Ghana's performance at the world up is superior... Nigeria has exited as the last place team in disgrace twice including 2010.. Ghana is the greatest footballing nation in African history

-4 trophies
-Best world cup record when you look at actual performance at the tournament. For example Cameroon has qualified 6 times but, only made it out of the group stages once(a -pathetic record

Read this again over and over grin grin grin
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SmoothCrim: 3:39am On Jul 09, 2012
CLT123: Nigeria has more world cup history than Ghana
We've beat great teams like Spain in it plus we won Gold in the 96 Olympics

Ghana has only been in it twice.

Once again, The olympics is a YOUTH tournament. Ghana was the first African team to win an olympic medal in 1992...

Ghana's youth tournament history is also good as the only Africa team to win the U20 world cup.
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SmoothCrim: 3:40am On Jul 09, 2012
Nigeria has won the African cup only twice!
Nigeria has only made the round of 16 at the world cup... Ghana has been to the quarter final in 2010(should have been semi shocked shocked shocked

It is not even close Ghana is the greatest footballing nation in African history!

Glorious Ghana! Imperial Ghana grin grin! The greatest footballing nation in African history!
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SuyaEater(m): 3:43am On Jul 09, 2012

-4 trophies

Look at Nigeria's consistency at the cup of nations and compare it to Ghana ahahahaha

African cup of nations since 1990

1990 - runners up

1992 - 3rd place

1994 - champions

1996 - withdrew

1998 - banned

2000 - runners up

2002 - 3rd place

2004 - 3rd place

2006 - 3rd place

2008 - Qtr finalist

2010 - 3rd place

2012 - DNQ

Why don't you list ghana's record from this time period in the cup of nations?
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SmoothCrim: 3:46am On Jul 09, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa_Cup_of_Nations

Its all here...

how can you compare an 8 time finalist and 4 time winner to a 2 time winner grin grin

Not in the same league! Ghana is the greatest.

Egypt is the best African cup of nations team with 7 Cups but, has never won a single game at the world cup shocked shocked

2 teams have been to the final game 8 times Ghana and Egypt.

If Egypt had done anything at the world cup they would be the greatest but, the fact that they have never done anything there makes Ghana the greatest.

The top team is Ghana! Undisputed!! grin grin
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by WarriorX1: 3:46am On Jul 09, 2012
So Proud to be Nigerian right now, well desereved, I have followed the team from their training camps, and we have put in the work, just shows you that hard work pays off.

Follow the team here http://nigerian-basketball..co.uk/2012/07/kings-have-arrived.html
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SmoothCrim: 3:49am On Jul 09, 2012
Warrior X: So Proud to be Nigerian right now, well desereved, I have followed the team from their training camps, and we have put in the work, just shows you that hard work pays off.

Follow the team here http://nigerian-basketball..co.uk/2012/07/kings-have-arrived.html

An excellent team! Sorry to hijack this thread grin grin grin

Well done and I will root for you wink
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by igbo2011(m): 3:53am On Jul 09, 2012
Did Emeka Okafor? Andre Iguodala? or other Nigerians in the NBA play? If no, then why not?

I know Hakeem Olajuwan has daughter who played college ball did she play in the women's team? How about the Stanford sisters Nneka and Chiney Ogwumike?
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SmoothCrim: 3:55am On Jul 09, 2012
igbo2011: Did Emeka Okafor? Andre Iguodala? or other Nigerians in the NBA play? If no, then why not?

I know Hakeem Olajuwan has daughter who played college ball did she play in the women's team? How about the Stanford sisters Nneka and Chiney Ogwumike?
It would seem those guys consider themselves American when it comes to Basketball. I was watching it an 9 of the players were Nigerian-Americans though.
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by CLT123(m): 4:13am On Jul 09, 2012
Ghana hasn't won the ANC in 30 years! Stop talking.
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by SmoothCrim: 4:29am On Jul 09, 2012
CLT123: Ghana hasn't won the ANC in 30 years! Stop talking.
Got 2nd in 2010.Knocked Nigeria out in 2008 and 2010... Germany and Argentina has not won anything in 20 years it is not only winning but, consistency! Either way, the African cup not considered a major tournament(only the world cup and euro is), Go find out which team has done the best at the world cup grin grin grin grin.

Finally when you compare a strong team Ghana to Nigeria(an average team) all time this is what you get

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/headtohead/team1=gha/team2=nga/index.html

grin grin grin grin grin

In football Nigeria is not touching Ghana but, in Basketball you are pushing new heights!! tongue tongue

The master troll has come to deliver 5 hard slaps wink wink
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by toideve(m): 4:55am On Jul 09, 2012
your a clown

SmoothCrim:
Got 2nd in 2010.Knocked Nigeria out in 2008 and 2010... Germany and Argentina has not won anything in 20 years it is not only winning but, consistency! Either way, the African cup not considered a major tournament(only the world cup and euro is), Go find out which team has done the best at the world cup grin grin grin grin.

Finally when you compare a strong team Ghana to Nigeria(an average team) all time this is what you get

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/headtohead/team1=gha/team2=nga/index.html

grin grin grin grin grin

In football Nigeria is not touching Ghana but, in Basketball you are pushing new heights!! tongue tongue

SmoothCrim:

grin grin grin grin grin

[/i][i]
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by eruudy(m): 7:07am On Jul 09, 2012
Lithuania, Russia, and Nigeria complete the line-up having secured qualification through the OQT, held in Caracas, Venezuela from 1-8 July.

Immediately after the conclusion of the tournament, the three qualified teams were drawn into the two groups of six teams, previously determined at the Olympic Basketball Draw in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on 30 April, as follows:

Group A: Lithuania, Tunisia, USA, France, Nigeria, Argentina
Group B: China, Great Britain, Brazil, Australia, Russia, Spain
(order of teams determined by way of draw)
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by tbaba1234: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2012
eruudy: Lithuania, Russia, and Nigeria complete the line-up having secured qualification through the OQT, held in Caracas, Venezuela from 1-8 July.

Immediately after the conclusion of the tournament, the three qualified teams were drawn into the two groups of six teams, previously determined at the Olympic Basketball Draw in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on 30 April, as follows:

Group A: Lithuania, Tunisia, USA, France, Nigeria, Argentina
Group B: China, Great Britain, Brazil, Australia, Russia, Spain
(order of teams determined by way of draw)

Tough Group, USA Argentina and lithuania,
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by Matteos(m): 8:29am On Jul 09, 2012
Yes! Congratulations from Italy !

As I have already written, I hope you will join us on Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports, and start discussing about Basketball, Football and all other sports, following and supporting Nigeria in all sports.

Here is the link once again : www.totallympics.com . As you see there is a section for each Olympic sport and we follow every single sport event, with all sport's events in the right section.

Here is the direct link to the thread about Basketball Olympic Qualification Tournament: http://www.totallympics.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2724

We already have a couple of Nigerian users, it would be really nice to have some more.

Please, register on the forum if and only if you are a great sport fan. I hope to read your posts about Basketball Olympic Qualification soon smiley

Feel free to contact me for any problem or question.

Thanks !

Matteo from Italy.
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by Freesia(f): 8:45am On Jul 09, 2012
Congrats to the winners!! just wondering what happened to the nigerian born talent. Did the team have to "import" the american born sons of nigerian born fathers for the team to be complete?
Re: Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 by tainot2002(m): 9:05am On Jul 09, 2012
ekene NY: I have a feeling that we are gonna loose this game. Dominican rep has the momentum right now

Always be optimistic haba!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NFF Denies Appointing Paul Le Guen As Super Eagles Manager / Edinson Cavani Charged Over Instagram Post / Liverpool Players, Staff And Fans Sing You'll Never Walk Alone After UCL Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.