Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,693 members, 7,882,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:29 PM

CFA Candidates In The House - Career (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CFA Candidates In The House (215524 Views)

Cis Candidates In The House / Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by yinkacrown(m): 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2009
Hello People,

I intend to write level 2 in June next year and I need free materials for now until I gather the money to register.

I will therefore appreciate any assistance from all you Level 3 students who have crossed the level.

Regards,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by delcfa: 5:09am On Oct 17, 2009
benzoric,
how now
preping 4 d dec lvl1 exam too.
How far have u gone, d thing don come finish oh!!!!
holla any thing we can share n ur plans as pa travelling
cheers
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bakre(m): 11:46am On Oct 19, 2009
Order for your (ORIGINAL)TI caluculator at a deep discount .Call Toks on 08039307507
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bakre(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2009
CFA Salary

Average CFA Salary | Starting Ranges

A Chartered Financial Analyst’s (CFA) salary will obviously vary based upon job type, years of experience, employer type, and various other factors. The best way to get a feel for a chartered financial analyst’s salary is to use averages within those broad fields not taking into account company size, experience, skills, degree, or location.

Using information gathered from payscale .com, the range of median salaries based upon job type is from $61,209 for a corporate financial analyst to $145,820 for a chief financial officer. The other positions were financial securities/investment analyst ($73,085), financial analyst ($62,457), senior financial analyst ($79,242), and vice president of finance ($131,700).

Now when examining a chartered financial analyst salary based upon years on experience, the scale is much more linear. A Chartered Financial Analyst with less than one year of experience reported a median salary of $51,046. A CFA with 1-4 years of experience had a salary of $63,898. CFA with 5-9 years of experience reported a median salary of $93,452. More senior CFA with 10-19 years of experience had a median salary of $119,309. The most experienced CFA with 20 years or more of experience had a median salary of $147,260.

Taking a look at the median salary by employer type allows a little more distinction. The range of salaries was $50,400 for someone working with a team employer to $100,000 for other organizations, non-profit organizations, or a school/school district employee. Within that range there were quite a few other examples of what a CFA can expect for a median salary based upon employer type. A Chartered Financial Analyst working for a private company had a median salary of $91,932. One working for a private practice/firm reported a median salary of $83,253. A CFA employed by a foundation or trust can expect a salary of $96,110. The median salary for a CFA employed by either state or local government is $83,000. A self-employed CFA reported a median salary of $80,000 as well as one employed by a hospital. A CFA working for the federal government had a median salary of $76,650. A Chartered financial analyst employed by a franchise can expect a median salary of $90,000. Lastly, the median salary for a CFA employed by a college/university was $86,500.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by loisdienmi: 2:14am On Oct 25, 2009
I have BA ii pro texas calculator to sell and qbank 2010 , both 20k each, email me laidebaruwa@yahoo.com or call 08029769809[b][/b]
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by loisdienmi: 2:24am On Oct 25, 2009
I have BA ii pro texas calculator to sell and qbank 2010 , both 20k each, email me laidebaruwa@yahoo.com or call 08029769809[b][/b]
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Benzoric: 11:19pm On Oct 25, 2009
@ delcfa
man, this exam is scary. Heard a lot about it, but u won't appreciate until u enter.
I have been using CFA curriculum and the stuff has too much info. Wat are u using, how far u gone and wats u location in lag?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by loisdienmi: 3:09am On Oct 26, 2009
Located n Isolo, lagos selling CFA new materials but i gat no books for 2010 till Nov mid but now all i gat is ,

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by delcfa: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2009
Benzoric,
i'm using schweser materials. used to use the curriculum earlier in my prep but too much details made it kinna boring.

i'm hoping it pays off though different pple with different opinions on what material to use.
I had a friend who passed the jne exam who passed the june exam and advised curicculum and another that advised schweser.
rounding off my reading so that i can start questions in depth though i'm already trying some hands on.

Presently i'm not in lag but will be coming in few weeks to the exam.
my nos is 08038487183.
u can holla if u need anything
regards grin
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Alxmyr(m): 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2009
I took my time to read through this thread. I am interested in writing the level 1 exam in 2010 June. I need someone who can give me detailed information on the materials needed. I have a good collection of Financial books which I was using with the LOS. I want someone who can actually help in the place of information, most especially on this Shweser materials.
You will highly be appreciated. My email is yele_losotu@yahoo.com.
Thanks all,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by loisdienmi: 2:57am On Oct 28, 2009
U can learn CFA from home or from any training location in lagos, like Yaba , (PHY house around near waec office)
All necessary materials u need can be get from USA cos the book dont normally sell here in Nigeria.
i do sell the book but right right now all as been book up, but i gat the question Bank and the calculator u will use for the course , i do sell both 20k each.
The book level meterial is cost of 150k, direct from scheweser school, if u want it u get it, u ave yur personal password and user name for the meterial.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Benzoric: 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2009
@ delfa,

Well for moi its to late to change now.
At this point, I believe it is in depth practice of questions that would really help.
I also realized that one has to pretty quick, cos 90secs can go in a flash under exam conditions
Let mi know when in town and I will buzz u.

Shld be out soon though.

Cheers
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Benzoric: 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2009
Delfa,

By the way am writing in London,
Have u tried the cfa questions or thier mock exam?

One
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by loisdienmi: 3:57am On Nov 03, 2009

email if u need cfa 2010 level materials,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by delcfa: 7:52pm On Nov 04, 2009
benzoric,

I'll be writing my exam in abu Dhabi (UAE) and will be going later in the month.

Still yet to see the mock exam but i've been looking at the schweser questions.
Looking @ finishing some gray areas and then drill down to questions.

Why did u choose london?? hope uv gotten ur Visa.

all the best n u can still buzz me on any issue.How can i get thru2 u grin
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lowee231: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2009
2010 schweser L3 anybody?? 080036026754
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by manny4life(m): 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2009
I need help with CFA's in the house, I want to know if this question is valid. I know this is not the right place to ask, but at least y'all have better knowledge than I do. I kinda get this question and probably can answer it, but want to know if its valid.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lowee231: 10:18am On Nov 16, 2009
OGA MANNY, wetin be u question.

I wanna buy cfa level 3 schweser oh??
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by musafresh: 8:06am On Nov 17, 2009
hey guys i must say this is an interesting forum. i am a level one candidate 4 2009 dec. i read that materials fo SCHWESER NOTES go for 150k in nija, wow (do they guarantee u pass, by d way thats almost d fee 4 d cfa programme) any way i got mine way cheaper, so any one interested 4 june or dec level 1 can obtain mine for as low as 15k (u dont need d fancy passswords d real 1 comes with just read d material hard, n u pass) also my BA II Plus TEXAS INSTRUMENT CALC. will go for as low as 10, note all brand new! so if u need:
-schwesernotes
-BA II PLUS TI CALC
drop an email in yabarilanle@yahoo.com and when am returning to nigeria nxt month i will get it for u,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bakre(m): 5:33am On Nov 18, 2009
Lowee
         I never knew u haven't gotn the level 3 pack. However,if u dont mind,i will be coming to Niger on Friday.I can get one for u.U can ring ma phone,is on roaming.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bakre(m): 5:45am On Nov 18, 2009
@Manny4life
Go ahead with ur question. We are always willing to assist with any question in this forum. It is for matured mind. Cheers
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Benzoric: 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2009
@ delfa

I have the visa, infact just arrived london.
What areas do you think guys should focus more on, cos the stuff is too wide.
By the way are u lag yet? and have u don the cfa mock?
Success.
Need ur email.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by kelecchi: 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2009
sup pips. been a long time, but its nice to know that we've got pple keeping the thread going. @Iowee, how's life wt u. goodluck to all my level 2 partners and every one
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lowee231: 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2009
kelechi, i'm good
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by delcfa: 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2009
benzoric,

not yet in lag yet. hope to start my leave wednesday, dash to lag and den b off 2 dubia next week.

i have downloaded the CFA mock exam and have tried the sample questions but want to deal with the mock lata dis week.

I'm still using the schweser exam questions and i'm on the second paper second exam.

I dont knw about u, but i think i still need som study in FRA especially tax.

my email add is aashamu@yahoo.com

all the best 2 .just lets make sure we expose ourselves2 enough questions. 1.5 mins is really crazy for 1 questionn it means dat u can affford to think over any question in the exam
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2009
Pls do take all the L1 cfai mocks and sample exams (paid and free). I swear I saw much more than a trifling number of questions lifted directly from those aforementioned sources on the real exam. Don't let mediocre scores weigh you down, attempt as many questions you possibly can and know why you missed out on the ones you got wrong.
Two weeks to the exam is the wrong time to read your textbooks or schweser notes unless u have too make a cursory glance at a key concept or formula . If you've been making personal notes, now is the time to revise them as many times as you can. Otherwise get the sauce or make photocopies of the end of chapter summaries from your cfai textbook or schweser notes ( which was what i did which served me fine). um grin grin unless offcourse you r an ethical noob!
Some candidates were clutching their textbooks at my hotel some few days to the exam and even at the exam centre, poooooooor strategy!!! you would only end up overwhelming yourself!
- create a formula sheet and know your formulas cold.
- Do a ton of questions a day till your eyes bleed   
- revise revise revise

you cant fail,  all the best

all da best cool

1 Like

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2009
@ cjay
wow that makes sense
im studyin for june 2010 and i was actually gonna make them photocopies to read in whatever spare time i have,
sometimes it gets overwhelming but i think starting early has to be a good thing.
so far its been fine but that tax and leases, also cash flow is CRAZY!!!lol
tis still early days tho,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 3:50am On Dec 04, 2009
cash flow is tricky i agree, just read it multiple times u'll get the hang of it. Taxes kept tripping me up too. .

@ benzoric and delcfa, break a leg on saturday!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by delcfa: 10:45am On Dec 07, 2009
pple,

how was the exam?? hope it went well.

we pray for good results come january 010

lets keep theflag flying.

cheers grin
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lowee231: 11:18am On Dec 07, 2009
For Schweser 2010 level 2 and level 3 cfa i just got it so people that want it free HOLLA me
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2009
LOOOOWAY! shoot me the link You b corrrect guy!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lowee231: 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2009
Guy U go Scratch my back small Oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (76) (Reply)

Total Oil And Gas Workers / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.