Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,848 members, 7,882,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:17 PM

CFA Candidates In The House - Career (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CFA Candidates In The House (215562 Views)

Cis Candidates In The House / Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 1:00pm On May 25, 2010
tkb417:

Hi Tolulop

are you in the country?

where are you writing your exams?
yes i am, L1, ghana.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 12:01am On May 27, 2010
help!!!!!!!!! anyone knows a good cheap hotel in and around Sheik Zayed road, dubai with internet access and cable tv so i can at least sober up with the nba finals incase the exams dont go too well grin grin

light up to the charter!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 12:04am On May 27, 2010
C_JAY:

help!!!!!!!!! anyone knows a good cheap hotel in and around Sheik Zayed road, dubai with internet access and cable tv so i can at least sober up with the nba finals incase the exams dont go too well grin grin

light up to the charter!

LOL grin
abeg the exam will go well oh,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by elowa: 6:16am On May 29, 2010
C_JAY:

light up to the charter!
I know a couple of hotels between 250 and 425 Dir per night at tecom which is not far from Sheik Zayed, still, google and look for the cheapest one close to your centre
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by AjanleKoko: 1:21pm On May 29, 2010
^^
Be careful o.
Dubai no too get better sports channels. Also, some of those hotels have a bad habit of charging Internet per hour. Something like 10AED per hour seems quite common. But check booking.com, for hotels that have rooms with default internet and cable TV. That cable may fall your hand sha.
Sheikh Zayed Road is a bit out of it, why not look at something on the Deira side?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 29, 2010
ok tanx a bunch I'll just wait till i get there next Wednesday to see what my options r. how's prep going everyone? final prep week, wishing u all the very best.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Crossover2: 3:43am On May 30, 2010
Hello peeps, this thread has been really informative, thanx to all those that started and have continually contributed. I have a few questions which i might appreciate speedy response.

1st off, thanx to this thread, i have learnt about the schweser notes. I bought the 2008 cfa curriculum, although i did not take the exam in that year and have kept putting it off for a while now due to the study time needed. My question is, is it better to use the cfa curriculum or the schweser notes. I have to admit, the curriculum is very bulky as some people have rightly noted on this thread, opinions please.

Secondly, i have observed that the majority of people on this thread are based in lagos. Are there any cfa candidates in abuja, i would like to meet up.

Lastly, is there a cfa charter, nigeria chapter as yet. or at least an organisation that brings together both charterholders and candidates.

Its good to see many nigerians gunning for the highest standards such as the cfa. Although, i am not sure that the ethical standards stipulated in the programme are being observed by many in our markets.

I would appreciate responses to my questions and good luck to those taking the june exams
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 11:04am On May 31, 2010
for level 1 schweser is more than enough
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by elowa: 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2010
AjanleKoko:

^^
Be careful o.
Dubai no too get better sports channels. Also, some of those hotels have a bad habit of charging Internet per hour. Something like 10AED per hour seems quite common. But check booking.com, for hotels that have rooms with default internet and cable TV. That cable may fall your hand sha.
Sheikh Zayed Road is a bit out of it, why not look at something on the Deira side?
Yeah yor right mahn, the one am even in at the moment charges 15 Dirhams per hour for internet after their funny rate and cable is something you can't write home about, they ll only enterain you with premiershp archives and old movies but i kinda like those orbit showtime channels though.

C_JAY:

ok tanx a bunch I'll just wait till i get there next Wednesday to see what my options r. how's prep going everyone? final prep week, wishing u all the very best.
Forgot to mention earlier, Sheik Zayed road is a long road, its the road between Abu dhabi and Dubai so you need to know the exact location of yor test centre before booking an hotel, just follow ajanlekoko's advise and use the web to search, you can even arrange for airport pick-up with the hotel
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2010
elowa good luck mate
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by elowa: 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2010
^^ tanx buddy
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2010
cool
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 8:41am On Jun 02, 2010
Best of Luck to you guys, and wish you success in them exams.

For those who will be writing in December, You can contact me for your Qbank And Mp3 audio, Prepare Early
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
ok so i made my grand entrance into the goldcity - yesterday.with my notes relegated to the corner, im relaxing my worn eyes and fried brain in the icy cool air at the cafe on the rooftop of the hideosly named zain intl hotel, Deira. thanx to elowa and ajanlekoko,u guys were spot on in advising me to lower my expectations. men those cable channels suck no b small. i got only a handful of english speaking ones in cnn,mbc2 and foxmovies from 30 freaking arabian stations. boy i havent seen so many indians in my life, make this exam arrange ibeg o,

@ the airport i was hoping to meet a large cfa nigerian entourage going to dubai like the last time out in ghana, i bumped into just two bubbly level one chics who are writing in ghana( damn !).o well hope that turns out to b a lucky charm for me,

rite enuf, back to the land of purgatory,

wishing u all my very bestest cool cool
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2010
enjoy yourself bro, but make sure you do us proud. best of luck
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by elowa: 10:50am On Jun 05, 2010
Mehn!! mornin session is gone, hope say all my gamble work cheesy angry make i go dust my book again for the afternoon leg
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 11:30am On Jun 05, 2010
Good to hear, I pray say make your afternoon session better wella. Good luck to you and others.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 5:15am On Jun 07, 2010
hope the exams went well for you guys
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 10:23am On Jun 07, 2010
@elowa and all

i pray u guys scale thru

hope the exams went well
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2010
tbk u no attempt level 3 this year ?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 7:04am On Jun 08, 2010
candylips:

tbk u no attempt level 3 this year ?
next year June In Jesus name grin grin

my brain is recuperating from excess load of the last 2 years

when im healed properly, i can now think straight
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 9:20am On Jun 08, 2010
yes yes
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2010
how was it y'all? or we're still recuperating from the sheer stress of it all? grin
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 7:09pm On Jun 09, 2010
December L1 mp3 audio and qbank available.
contact me 08025822587
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by acason: 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2010
Hi,
     I am new to this forum. I have gone through all ur posts, in fact u pple are great. For those that just wrote their exams, I wish u best of luck. I want to write the exam not likely this year again but by next June.So I want u senior colleagues to help me out on the relevant materials u have used, so I could be familiar with the exam b4 I register. Ur valuable contributions will be highly appreciated.Here is my e-mail address. acaolawale@yahoo.com.Thanks.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2010
acason:

Hi,
     I am new to this forum. I have gone through all your posts, in fact u pple are great. For those that just wrote their exams, I wish u best of luck. I want to write the exam not likely this year again but by next June.So I want u senior colleagues to help me out on the relevant materials u have used, so I could be familiar with the exam b4 I register. your valuable contributions will be highly appreciated.Here is my e-mail address. acaolawale@yahoo.com.Thanks.

hey! i think you should go to their website, and read thru the site in and out, www.cfainstitute.org also google the exam and get different opinions from everywhere so all the above will make more sense to you, and then u can come here for clarifications. when it comes to materials, all that will flow once ur registered for the exam, we have loads of people here that are ready to help you. Good luck!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 10:32am On Jun 21, 2010
C_JAY:

ok so i made my grand entrance into the goldcity - yesterday.with my notes relegated to the corner, im relaxing my worn eyes and fried brain in the icy cool air at the cafe on the rooftop of the hideosly named zain intl hotel, Deira. thanx to elowa and ajanlekoko,u guys were spot on in advising me to lower my expectations. men those cable channels suck no b small. i got only a handful of english speaking ones in cnn,mbc2 and foxmovies from 30 freaking arabian stations. boy i havent seen so many indians in my life, make this exam arrange ibeg o,

@ the airport i was hoping to meet a large cfa nigerian entourage going to dubai like the last time out in ghana, i bumped into just two bubbly level one chics who are writing in ghana( damn !).o well hope that turns out to b a lucky charm for me,

rite enuf, back to the land of purgatory,

wishing u all my very bestest cool cool

C_JAY i think i know who u are!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by acason: 11:18am On Jun 21, 2010
Thanks Tolulop001, I have checked the website. I will get back to u if I need any info. Thanks.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by deeptouch: 2:05am On Jun 22, 2010
Who's up for Dec 2010 L1? Just got my study pack and the thing is heavy men, Any one with schweser materials?
House I will raelly appreaciate any help u can render to a newbee like me.

@ Tolulop001 hope ur exam went well av been following ur posts for a while, any hint!

Let's keep this thread rolling.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 9:29am On Jun 22, 2010
deeptouch:

Who's up for Dec 2010 L1? Just got my study pack and the thing is heavy men,  Any one with schweser materials?
House I will raelly appreaciate any help u can render to a newbee like me.

@ Tolulop001 hope your exam went well av been following your posts for a while, any hint!

Let's keep this thread rolling.

it depends on you really.
if u have up to 2-3 hours to spare per day, and maybe more from now to the exam, u can do the big boooks, but u need to be able to read fast cuz those books can waste your time.
or if u have a background knowledge of this kinda stuff, e.g your first degree is Acc or the like, u can try the Scweser notes directly and refer to the Curriculum for any clarifications. Mind u the scweser are really just summaries of the real thing.
Sweser notes dey when your ready cheesy
all the best mehn! use your time wisely especially now, dont let the work pile up.

see me yarnin like a pro cool cool cool
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by acason: 9:54am On Jun 22, 2010
I saw this and I thought it could be useful for u guys.

Investment Analyst at Guaranty Trust Assurance Plc
Guaranty Trust Assurance plc was incorporated in June 1989 as Heritage Assurance Company Limited and registered by NAICOM as a non-life insurance Company. In the second half of 2002, Guaranty Trust Bank plc acquired a majority interest in Heritage Assurance, thereby increasing its paid up capital from N 3.6 million to N100.06 million, with a view to repositioning and transforming the Company. We are currently recruiting for the position of  Investment Analyst
Ref no: AAML 004
Group: Investment Group, Assur Asset Management Limited
Reporting to:  Chief Investment Officer.
Role PurposeTo provide fundamental investment analysis and research and market analysis on Nigerian companies, markets and sectors covering various asset classes.
Responsibilities
• Financial statement analysis and company valuation
• Bond & money market analysis, pricing and valuation
• Economic analysis and reporting
• Other markets as required
• Working knowledge of the equity, bond, money and property markets
• Working with computerised financial information systems.
• Report writing
• Providing financial training for other staff.
• Working with other support functions; Microsoft suit – Excel, Word, etc
• Communication skills, written and spoken
• Team work & supervisory skills
• Financial reporting & analysis
• Aptitude to provide creative solutions to financial problems
• Computer literacy
• Ability to be self-motivating and work without close supervision
Requirements
• A 1st degree in Accounting or Economics
• Relevant Masters Degree would be an added advantage
• Excellent Financial Reporting and Analysis skills
• Excellent Economic Analysis skills
• Excellent use of Microsoft suite – Excel, Word, etc
• Excellent Strategic Planning skills
• The ability to motivate a team
• Initiative and enthusiastic
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Good planning and organisational skills
• The ability to work calmly under pressure
• At a minimum a CFA or CFA Level II
How to Apply
Email CV to hr@gtaplc.com or forward covering letter with an up to date cv, to:
Human Resources
Guaranty Trust Assurance plc
Plot 928, Bishop Aboyade Cole street
Victoria Island, Lagos.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2010
^^u sure swing like a pro. i wouldnt have guessed it was u, hey strange things do happen. i bet ur exam was a slam dunk. how did fra go?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (76) (Reply)

Total Oil And Gas Workers / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.