Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,873 members, 7,883,058 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:31 PM

CFA Candidates In The House - Career (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CFA Candidates In The House (215566 Views)

Cis Candidates In The House / Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by alfaaa: 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2010
I guess your bother is very lucky. He can just read all day morning through night, I don't luxury of time as am at work all day and maybe have 2hrs after work to get if nothing one line into my head.
About tthe videos just google CFA Level 1 Videos and you will get as much as you want.
Its not late for him so far as he is dedicated to making this.
The Lord is our strength.
Thumbs up for the downloads.
You can download practice problems too, cos that's the root of nipping this huge task on the head.

Cheers
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
tkb417:

oga e ke?
lol

but u havent worked b4, no?
send in your cv first lets see how it goes

meanwhile, what are u up to?
i like to give respect to whom its due! dont mind me smiley
ive not worked oh!
right now my challenge is that im serving right now, and as a dr i dont have the option of serving anywhere else but a hospital. will be done february next year sad but would really like to get a foot in the door by then.
ill send it to u tho im using style to wait till next week, i think u feel me, lol. im getting rily scared now but anyway sha, all i can do is wait. and pray.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 9:15pm On Jul 19, 2010
tblazer:

hmm Good evening, I joined naira land today, my brother started lessons for the DEC CFA exams yesterday, we are yet to pay for the exams. we should do that next week by the grace of God. I need a mentor for my brother. I need someone that has done the CFA level 1 exam, so as to advice him on what and wat books to read because right now, he has not received the textbooks. Tolu I will like to know which books U read, what U tink about the exam, d months he has left to prepare if it is enough, I would be glad if U reply, thank U,

hey
im sure u got answers to most of your questions, C_JAY just had to take my shine!
but really i think ur bruv needs to go thru this thread himself.
bare essentials -
the cfa curriculum tho ur time is short, 4 months.
Schweser notes
MAKE YOUR OWN JOTTINGS - they will be handy close to the exams
later on in ur study, Question bank is extremely valuable.
all the best bro!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tblazer: 10:11pm On Jul 19, 2010
ok, thanks
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 9:30am On Jul 20, 2010
Tolulop001:

i like to give respect to whom its due! dont mind me smiley
ive not worked oh!
right now my challenge is that im serving right now, and as a dr i dont have the option of serving anywhere else but a hospital. will be done february next year sad but would really like to get a foot in the door by then.
ill send it to u tho im using style to wait till next week, i think u feel me, lol. im getting rily scared now but anyway sha, all i can do is wait. and pray.

shocked shocked shocked
u are a DR
wow!!! im impressed

u must have spent plenty years studying

Hit me up laterz, lets talk
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lawuyi(m): 10:02am On Jul 20, 2010
i'm telling you tkb417, a doctor!! shocked , wow, triple thumbs up Tolu cos the transition couldn't have been easy.
BTW i only got one or two CVs in response from you guys so i guess everyone's doing pretty good where they are now smiley

Was just reading today's BusinessDay n thought you guys would be up for discussing some of the practical aspects of the stuff we slaved over in the CFA curriculum. So AMCON has been signed into life now, anyone got any thoughts on its potential for success and/or potential downsides?

Figure we might as well share and deepen knowledge
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2010
tkb417:

shocked shocked shocked
u are a DR
wow!!! im impressed

u must have spent plenty years studying

Hit me up laterz, lets talk

too many years if u ask me, lol
total of official 6 years plus 1 year strike plus compulsory internship 1 year plus compulsory nysc 1year angry angry angry
dont know if u yahoo messenger?
ill add u tho

lawuyi:

i'm telling you tkb417, a doctor!! shocked , wow, triple thumbs up Tolu cos the transition couldn't have been easy.
BTW i only got one or two CVs in response from you guys so i guess everyone's doing pretty good where they are now smiley

Was just reading today's BusinessDay n thought you guys would be up for discussing some of the practical aspects of the stuff we slaved over in the CFA curriculum. So AMCON has been signed into life now, anyone got any thoughts on its potential for success and/or potential downsides?

believe me medicine is just down dirty, crazy, back breaking hard work, it doesnt require genius, lol
the transition is yet to fully materialize im afraid, in time i guess it will all fit into place.
i feel your idea, moreso for someone like me, its all theoretical, i can rattle all the CFA stuff like a pro but when it comes to the real deal in Nigeria and how to actually practicalize all this, im totally clueless. guess u might have to open a separate thread for that though
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 10:37am On Jul 20, 2010
lawuyi:

Lawuyi
nice one for looking out for guys here

AMCON? u want guys to debate? lol
good, maybe you should go to the Investment Banking and Finance thread and lets jaw jaw grin

since ure an oga patapata, i dont mind learning from you

i actually think its a step in the right direction as most of the toxic debts hindering the recuperation of these banks will be put to bed
the whole thing is to engender smooth credit to the real sector which has been neglected for a while

upside- i expect the capital market to feel the upbeat and probably affect the volatility and hitherto , guys like us can start sening our toro kobo back to the market.

i also expect the amscon deal to boost the confidence of some of th ailing banks as they can now do some more risky deals grin grin im sure you know some of these banks have practically closed lines to even compelling biz cases that abound. all in all, i expetc new lines to open up, rescucitation of the cap market, the instilling of investing confidence to the general citizenry, creation of wealth and most importantly, the sustainance of the mid class which is fast eroding as a result of the bust. lets see how it goes

@Tolulop

yeah, add me on YIM
the same email addy
but babes, u try ooo
haba, u go sabi book die grin grin
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lawuyi(m): 11:36am On Jul 20, 2010
tkb417:

AMCON? u want guys to debate? lol
good, maybe you should go to the Investment Banking and Finance thread and lets jaw jaw grin

since ure an oga patapata, i dont mind learning from you

Oga patapata sha! Ol boy we're all just trying to learn the ropes till we can be doing the kinda stuff dem Blankfein n Soros do cheesy

Didn't know there was an ibanking thread ooo shocked, gonna look for it now
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 5:12pm On Jul 20, 2010
Tolulop and other CFA candidates

ill suggest you guys come on the Corporate finance and Investment banking thread and lets hear your views

Life is not all book book book alone

come lets rub minds

even if you dont know, ask questions
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2010
Well i Guess Tolu you go need start doing them countdown to Monday. hope Say u and blue Screen don settle.
Don't worry sha, the bottle go sure bust come Monday, Same applies to all you guys especially, make i no call names, una know una self. lol
Besta luck Guys.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2010
tkb417:

@Tolulop

yeah, add me on YIM
the same email addy
but babes, u try ooo
haba, u go sabi book die grin grin

lol, no be so oh!
plus you and lawuyi are yarning greek up there mehn!ill enter the thread sha, hope to pick up stuff from there smiley

st2clem:

Well i Guess Tolu you go need start doing them countdown to Monday. hope Say u and blue Screen don settle.
Don't worry sha, the bottle go sure bust come Monday, Same applies to all you guys especially, make i no call names, una know una self. lol
Besta luck Guys.

thanks, u no wan mention name na my name first for there lipsrsealed
me and bluescreen dan settle our yawa oh, he has not visited in a while!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lawuyi(m): 7:52am On Jul 22, 2010
Tolulop001:

lol, no be so oh!
plus you and lawuyi are yarning greek up there mehn!ill enter the thread sha, hope to pick up stuff from there smiley

Greek sha smiley , at all, at all ooo, good to see u in the Corp Fin thread though. I'd say if u hear any Greek, shout may the person wey talk am break am down cheesy , we're all trying to learn here, even the CFA is just a means to that end
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 9:30am On Jul 22, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^okay oh!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 9:45am On Jul 22, 2010
T, i know know which one be d name for there, lolipop or , sowy for d mix up, i go dey encode am wella next tyme, Thank God say mr. blue no visit, also hope u don back am up. So officially we are left with 3 DAYS to the Result day
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by AjanleKoko: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2010
E be like say I go soon join una for this investment banking oja. wink

Won't be going anywhere near CFA tho. Will keep you guys posted.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lawuyi(m): 10:54am On Jul 22, 2010
AjanleKoko:

E be like say I go soon join una for this investment banking oja. wink

Won't be going anywhere near CFA tho. Will keep you guys posted.

Welcome to the oja bros, the more the merrier grin, which side u dey now n why d movement?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 10:58am On Jul 22, 2010
lawuyi:

Welcome to the oja bros, the more the merrier grin, which side u dey now n why d movement?
na Manager for one of the telcos
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by AjanleKoko: 11:10am On Jul 22, 2010
lawuyi:

tkb417:

I got some offshore offer recently, to work as part of the telecom investment desk in a MENA-based IB.

I'm seriously considering.

tkb, why is your Skype spamming me? dem don hack you.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lawuyi(m): 11:17am On Jul 22, 2010
tkb417:

ol boy e be like say u sabi everybody for here oo shocked , hmmmm Area father cheesy

AjanleKoko:

I got some offshore offer recently, to work as part of the telecom investment desk in a MENA-based IB.

sounds like a sweet deal chief, that means u'll be relocating up North (assuming u r in naij now that is)? So, u'll be doing like Corp Fin stuff or more ECM/DCM?? MENA is good to be now ooo, all the potential of SSA and more plus loads of oil money!! Good place to also go build a network cos everyone wants to do business there, why aint u jumping straight on it?? Afriad you'll miss Lagos traffic and sporadic power supply? cheesy
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2010
lawuyi:

sounds like a sweet deal chief, that means u'll be relocating up North (assuming u r in naij now that is)? So, u'll be doing like Corp Fin stuff or more ECM/DCM?? MENA is good to be now ooo, all the potential of SSA and more plus loads of oil money!! Good place to also go build a network cos everyone wants to do business there, why aint u jumping straight on it?? Afriad you'll miss Lagos traffic and sporadic power supply? cheesy
Mint!!!!!!!!!!!

if i were him, ill jump at it. (although no one knows what the man is raking in sideways in lagos with all these sms lottery they are doing presently grin grin)

AjanleKoko:

tkb, why is your Skype spamming me? dem don hack you.
think about it well, weigh the pros and cos and if it translates to more dolls, abeg ship in

i dunno what Facebook has done my my YIM and skype o

as a matter of fact, my lenovo is in trouble angry angry

we stil need to siddon talk ma own parole o

i wanna be big man like u na cheesy cheesy
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by AjanleKoko: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2010
lawuyi:

ol boy e be like say u sabi everybody for here oo shocked , hmmmm Area father cheesy

The thing be say the pepper no reach my naija pepper. Plus I get too many runs on the side grin
It's also a contract gig, 2 years. I regularly get called for these kind of gigs.

I dey look am though. One has to be careful these days. Believe you me, Kora no be beta people to work with. I don work with them for their town before, and the experience was not nice.

tkb417:

Mint!!!!!!!!!!!

if i were him, ill jump at it. (although no one knows what the man is raking in sideways in lagos with all these sms lottery they are doing presently grin grin)

think about it well, weigh the pros and cos and if it translates to more dolls, abeg ship in

i dunno what Facebook has done my my YIM and skype o

as a matter of fact, my lenovo is in trouble angry angry

we stil need to siddon talk ma own parole o

i wanna be big man like u na cheesy cheesy

Hit me up when you're ready.
I want in on that your parole sef grin
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 23, 2010
Tolulop001:

hey
im sure u got answers to most of your questions, C_JAY just had to take my shine!

How i go do, im so vain afterall grin grin

Tolulop001:

too many years if u ask me, lol
total of official 6 years plus 1 year strike plus compulsory internship 1 year plus compulsory nysc 1year angry angry angry
dont know if u yahoo messenger?
ill add u tho

believe me medicine is just down dirty, crazy, back breaking hard work, it doesnt require genius, lol
the transition is yet to fully materialize im afraid, in time i guess it will all fit into place.
i feel your idea, moreso for someone like me, its all theoretical, i can rattle all the CFA stuff like a pro but when it comes to the real deal in Nigeria and how to actually practicalize all this, im totally clueless. guess u might have to open a separate thread for that though

i follow throway cap for u !!!. female finance types are rare let alone one wey come be dokita grin. Anyway that one no be anything. u is more than capable!!! Recently I was blown away by a story about one doctor mike burry who short the US housing market and made almost 800million dollars in 08 for his hedgefund with some supersized returns of like 490% between 2000 and 2008 and that with no CFA oh formal finance training of any sort. He was just interested like u and learned the tricks of the trade by himself during his residency. so men anything is possible just do it like they say,

anybody getting the chills yet, its just a few days to D day oo shocked
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 9:45am On Jul 23, 2010
C_Jay , is is well, 2 Days to the day.. i hope say you go dhl ma bottle
To those that will be writing DEC L1, QUESTION BANK AND AUDIO MP3 ARE AVAILABLE.
Call Me
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2010
2 days to dday. best of luck guys
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 12:15am On Jul 24, 2010
C_JAY:

How i go do, im so vain afterall grin grin

i follow throway cap for u !!!. female finance types are rare let alone one wey come be dokita grin. Anyway that one no be anything. u is more than capable!!! Recently I was blown away by a story about one doctor mike burry who short the US housing market and made almost 800million dollars in 08 for his hedgefund with some supersized returns of like 490% between 2000 and 2008 [/b]and that with no CFA oh formal finance training of any sort. He was just interested like u and learned the tricks of the trade by himself during his residency. so men anything is possible just do it like they say,

[b]anybody getting the chills yet
, its just a few days to D day oo shocked

at 1st bold thats what we talking about! only these peeps in Nigeria will not allow us to short sell angry
at 2nd bold im TERRIFIED no be small thing in fact im gonna keep a low profile from now till then, prayer and fasting YES OH!anyone down?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by elowa: 9:16am On Jul 25, 2010
Is anyone praying for me at all?
wetin dey catch me pass fear i swear cheesy
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2010
elowa:

Is anyone praying for me at all?
wetin dey catch me pass fear i swear cheesy

*currently sweating lke a christmas goat* lipsrsealed
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 6:22pm On Jul 25, 2010
Best of luck to you guys, to those i know and dose i don't know personally. Just a couple of hours to go.
Dec Candidates needing question bank and audio should call me on 08025822587
best of luck
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2010
lol DDAY has come grin
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lawuyi(m): 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2010
Yep dday alright, but what time are they sending these emails now?!!!
I'm going nuts here and it doesn't exactly help that I'm home today, ICFA send d emails alreaaady!!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^ did u do the exams too. Which level

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (76) (Reply)

Total Oil And Gas Workers / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.