Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,246 members, 7,970,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:04 PM

CFA Candidates In The House - Career (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CFA Candidates In The House (217965 Views)

Cis Candidates In The House / Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2010
lawuyi:

Yep dday alright, but what time are they sending these emails now?!!!
I'm going nuts here and it doesn't exactly help that I'm home today, ICFA send d emails alreaaady!!

forget oh, ive checked my mail like 6 times today!
obviously yankee is just waking up as we speak so im not checking again till night. this tension too much abeg!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by DaddyO(m): 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2010
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lawuyi(m): 2:36pm On Jul 26, 2010
Congratulations daddyo dat rili is a miracle, looks like L1's out this is d 2nd L1 result I'm hearin , gud stuff!!
Candy it's L2 oooooh!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2010
level 2 should be out around august right
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2010
both L1 and L2 should be mailed out today
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lawuyi(m): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2010
Nah, dis year 1 and 2 r out together n 3's d only one out in aug. U know how I know?? Cos I passed n can now say I'm a level 3 candidate y'all cheesy
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2010
Congrats man mi, Hope to read more good news.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
Congrats to Tolulops

the Doctor in the house BLASTED her CFA Level 1 exams

hmmm, nice one!!

where is my hombre elowa?

congrats to those cutting CFA to size.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 5:48pm On Jul 26, 2010
GOD IS FAITHFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2010
grin grin grin grin
take it easy

Dom P on me head as soon as im back

oh i forgot Amarula/Baileys grin grin
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2010
omo i heard some peeps wan storm marcopolo, L2
no be small thing grin grin grin

Baileys is good!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2010
Fail for me men, I'm going to sip a sprite. Congrats to tolu and lawuyi. Ill take time to decide if ill retake next year.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^^^^^^^awwww ull be fine jare!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
Thanks what were pass rates for level one. Level two pass rates came in at 39 percent.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by acason: 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2010
I am really happy to hear this,  Tolu and the rest,  I say a big congratulations. You have really made us proud, Congrats
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by joshO: 7:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
God be praised. I passed my L1. Thanks for all the support, materials from ya'll.

Much appreciated.

Thanks what were pass rates for level one. Level two pass rates came in at 39 percent

C_JAY, sry to here you didn't make it this time. It is well. What level did you sit?

L1 pass rate was 42%
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 7:48pm On Jul 26, 2010
joshO congrats oh, next stop L2!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2010
C_JAY:

Thanks what were pass rates for level one. Level two pass rates came in at 39 percent.

L1 was 42% global. dont know breakdown for Africa specifically.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2010
joshO:

God be praised. I passed my L1. Thanks for all the support, materials from ya'll.

Much appreciated.

C_JAY, sry to here you didn't make it this time. It is well. What level did you sit?

L1 pass rate was 42%

Congrats man. I sat for the L2. Looks like majority of u on nairaland passed the exams. Respect wink
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2010
congrats to ma people, Docki, beter ma fax e re si mi jo, when we see sha, and to josho and Co, Nyce one, Cjay mnn, i feel for you but then you know how it goes, you go get better discount from me next tyme. My word.
Still waiting for 2 more people, u guys know yourself.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by elowa: 6:29am On Jul 27, 2010
Just checked mine and na fail
Congrats to efryone that passed.
Guess i ll just go buy myself a blacklabel and drink away my sorrow.

@Tolu,
Is it obvious on who is taking who now?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 7:06am On Jul 27, 2010
elowa:

Just checked mine and na fail
Congrats to efryone that passed.
Guess i ll just go buy myself a blacklabel and drink away my sorrow.

not a bad thing
just gird up ur loins and shoot again

easy on the labels; ill advise u take a cue from cjay
take sprite. sorry man
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Aishabee(f): 9:01am On Jul 27, 2010
Hi guys i just came across this yestr and i only tell myself if i had known, i don't wanna make excuses for failing but i only knew in my heart it will be the miracle of the century if i had passed the exams.

I registered late and not until i got to lag did i knw that the awareness in Lagos was massive and was more like a NECO exam i kept feeling like the local champion in abuja, i never took the exam serious for one day and it was after plenty plenty persuasion i had actually paid to even attempt.

When i saw my result yestr i was like gud for me i dnt have to try again i have my ACA & CISA to work for me but after reading thru this forum yestr i must confess im really rejuvenated to rewrite in Dec 2010.

So im using this medium to call for support from our "CFA Senior" and those that will be attempting in Dec 2010, if i want to get serious i have to strt reading now the best recommendations so far hia has been Schewer & Stalla,

First stop pls i need sum1 to help me with either of this two into my inbox aisha_mire@yahoo.com i will so appreciate it and May God bless you as you do,

Srry abt my long story grin
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 9:13am On Jul 27, 2010
^^^ why the rush?

why not June 2011?

i think you need time to read and understand perfectly so you can deal with the exams with confidence

start reading today to write the exams in June 2011
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Aishabee(f): 9:29am On Jul 27, 2010
The last exam was an eye opener and a really gud experience i dont think i have to wait that long anyway since im not a novice in the accounting world, i think wat i need is just seriousness & dedication and i should be gud to go these were the major things that worked against me the last time,

I think i will just write dis again if i wait that long im not sure the morale will still be i may probably get sumtin that will take my attention away by then.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 9:42am On Jul 27, 2010
^^^ thats the prob

its not accounting or CISA

its CFA grin grin

many chartered accountants usually flunk cos they think its a walk in the park.

when i wanted to write, all nthe geniuses in my UNI then (some had completed ICAN and TAX) and they said they were gonna write in 5-6 months, as usual, tkb took the long approach 12-14 months grin grin grin

as it is today, all of them are looking to me for inspiration to get pass the Level 2.
one failed again while the other has scaled through.

If you believe u can master it in 4 months, good

best bet is next year June believe me.

nyways, while ure at it, get the books and start reading
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by ugoeagle: 9:59am On Jul 27, 2010
Tolu,

very hapi 4 u, i admire ur courage. Congrats n hope u'll wash this success cuz more gud success is coming ur way.

once again CONGRATS!! n keep up d spirit. God bless u RICHLY!!!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2010
Aishabee i admire your courage.
Can Always hook you up with the Question Bank if you need.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Aishabee(f): 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2010
Thanks st2clem, i will so appreciate it

aisha_mire@yahoo.com
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2010
elowa:

@Tolu,
Is it obvious on who is taking who now?

Elowa pele oh,
LOL at bolded, forget that thing, na GOD smiley

thanks ugo for the prayers, your Dec will be fine IJN
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by joshO: 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2010
Anyone know what the prospects are for CFA charter holders in Nigeria? How valuable is part qualification (e.g L3 Candidate) ?

I sat L1 primary to deepen my knowledge of front office products (and better understand what my research analysts do), but curious to find out state of play in Nigeria as I'm now considering going the whole nine yards.

Funny how a little success helps to concentrate minds  cheesy
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by AjanleKoko: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
joshO:

Anyone know what the prospects are for CFA charter holders in Nigeria? How valuable is part qualification (e.g L3 Candidate) ?

I sat L1 primary to deepen my knowledge of front office products (and better understand what my research analysts do), but curious to find out state of play in Nigeria as I'm now considering going the whole nine yards.

Funny how a little success helps to concentrate minds  cheesy

Maybe you can look at it from a trail-blazing perspective. Forget prospects. A slew of CFA-qualified young guns in the finance sector will help to raise the profile of the industry, and create a new set of standards. You can create your own prospects.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (76) (Reply)

Total Oil And Gas Workers / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.