Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,873 members, 7,883,058 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

CFA Candidates In The House - Career (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CFA Candidates In The House (215565 Views)

Cis Candidates In The House / Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 8:40am On Jul 03, 2010
elowa:

No, na chicken  cheesy long tym
Results to be out on July 26, hope my flaws wont be exposed  cheesy
Tolu abeg, start the countdown for us as usual
in jus chillin o!
omo im not doin countdown for this wan oh! this is the time to be silent smiley in prayer lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 11:40am On Jul 05, 2010
level one no hard na. una go pass am jare.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2010
^^amen. but tell that to the roughly 70 percent of L1 candidates who dont squeak a pass year in year out. the level one is the second hardest exam ive ever attempted in my life.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 11:59pm On Jul 05, 2010
*loading* lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 11:25am On Jul 07, 2010
C_JAY:

^^amen. but tell that to the roughly 70 percent of L1 candidates who dont squeak a pass year in year out. the level one is the second hardest exam ive ever attempted in my life.
done 1 Dec 07, 2 last year and will write 3 next year

Level 1 was the hardest

i can remember carrying stalla books up and down like diary for many months ( bus stops, inside aeroplanes, canteen, and even church cos most times after service, its straight down to where i read)

was nervous, tensed and the hype nearly killed me.
i survived and oh yeah, ill kill the 3rd one next year

I agree, level 1 was hard for me

how about Wyt and all those old school guys that started this thread in 07/08

where are they? cant remember the name of this dude who left for NLNG from stanbic

i hope the lure of big money hasnt made the man abandon CFA

all the best to u guys

@elowa

u go pass na grin grin grin
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bechex(m): 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2010
Hi Guys, its nice to know, this thread is alive and kicking. Dr Tolu how u de, its been a while. I am counting down to that day too oh, I really do pray i get a lovely mail on the 26th.

Take care guys.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 3:41am On Jul 08, 2010
tkb417:

i hope the lure of big money hasnt made the man abandon CFA

all the best to u guys

@elowa

u go pass na grin grin grin

i thot CFA was a kind of pathway to big money smiley smiley smiley
hey tkb417!
amen to that!
with fingers crossed, and prayers lifted above, lipsrsealed

bechex:

Hi Guys, its nice to know, this thread is alive and kicking. Dr Tolu how u de, its been a while. I am counting down to that day too oh, I really do pray i get a lovely mail on the 26th.

Take care guys.

hey bechex!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 6:50am On Jul 08, 2010
Tolulop001:

i thot CFA was a kind of pathway to big money smiley smiley smiley
hey tkb417!
amen to that!
with fingers crossed, and prayers lifted above, lipsrsealed

the man was just about writing Level 1 when he got a job with NLNG

dunno if he'll still be as passionate as he was when he was with a bank

of course, CFA will surely be a pathway to opportunities in little time

u guys will make it

how u doing tho?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 11:04am On Jul 08, 2010
@ tkb417
if he's in finance he may still need it i guess
im okay oh, how are u sir?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lawuyi(m): 11:00am On Jul 14, 2010
Hey all, haven't been on nairaland in a long while and glad to see there's still a thread on for CFA folk, good one!! How's everyone holding up prior to results coming out, the 27th can't get here fast enuff i tell ya smiley When's the L1 result due out btw?

Since we're all analysts here i thought i should put up a position my firm's trying to fill. I reckon there should be a couple of good people here looking to either move or get into a sell side firm.

A little about the company first: We're primarily a corporate and project finance boutique, although we've been known to dabble in other related endeavors. It's a small shop with a really flat organisational structure so it's all very relaxed and flexible. The company's been around for a while and the principals are well respected, as a result we get decent deal sizes and the pay's also decent (not fantastic ooo but decent).

We're looking for an analyst or junior associate for corporate and/or project finance. The successful candidate should have at least basic working knowledge of the following:
-Financial statement analysis
-Valuation of equity and debt instruments
-Financial modelling with excel
-Preparing info memos, teaser documents and proposals with MS Word or PowerPoint

Working knowledge of the following while not required would definitely be preferred:
-Corporate Restructuring
-Capital Raising (Debt & Equity)

First degree is largely irrelevant as long as u r smart n know ur stuff. Any candidates must also be confident, able to handle responsibility early on and a quick, proactive learner (there will be MINIMAL hand-holding). Postgraduate studies in Finance, Economics, Accounting or the like would also be an advantage as will enrollment in the CFA or ACCA program. But bottom line is be interested and knowledgeable in financial/investment analysis, be able to model and do valuations and be bright!!

If you're interested please send ur CV to blaque100@hotmail.com. If you think it helps you could also send along a cover letter.

Also feel free to tell your friends but pls pls pls don't send ur CV thru if u don't fit the bill, plsssssssss. Oh, and we're looking to hire ASAP
-
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 11:27am On Jul 14, 2010
^^ whats the name of your company and why are u not using a company email address
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lawuyi(m): 11:40am On Jul 14, 2010
Not using a company email address cos that would divulge the name of the company, cool

Not stating the name of the company cos we'd rather not be besieged by a tonne of emails. I repeat we're looking for just ONE person that already has knowledge and/or experience i.e. we aint looking to train from point zero so we'd rather not sift through 1,000 CVs that are of no use to us.
And that's why i'm also not posting this as a new thread but coming directly to where i hope and expect to find suitably qualified peoples smiley

Anyone we're interested in would definitely be getting a reply from my official email addy so rest assured there's no cunny cunny here wink grin
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2010
oya peeps

e sign up sharp sharp
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
tkb417:

oya peeps

e sign up sharp sharp

na me be thislol. Oga mi what do u fink!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tblazer: 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2010
hmm Good evening, I joined naira land today, my brother started lessons for the DEC CFA exams yesterday, we are yet to pay for the exams. we should do that next week by the grace of God. I need a mentor for my brother. I need someone that has done the CFA level 1 exam, so as to advice him on what and wat books to read because right now, he has not received the textbooks. Tolu I will like to know which books U read, what U tink about the exam, d months he has left to prepare if it is enough, I would be glad if U reply, thank U,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 9:42am On Jul 19, 2010
Tolulop001:

na me be thislol. Oga mi what do u fink!
oga e ke?
lol

but u havent worked b4, no?
send in ur cv first lets see how it goes

meanwhile, what are u up to?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tblazer: 10:23am On Jul 19, 2010
Hello tkb417, have U taken the CFA level 1 exam
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tblazer: 10:27am On Jul 19, 2010
ok, from the above posts, I can see you have taken the exam, okay, my brother started the lessons for CFA on saturday, he hoped to register for the exam dis week, so he has not gotten the books yet, I will ask for the name of the study books you used and how long it took U 2 study, We are already started downloading kaplan scheiwezer books, so pls we need your advise, thank U
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 10:37am On Jul 19, 2010
tblazer:

ok, from the above posts, I can see you have taken the exam, okay, my brother started the lessons for CFA on saturday, he hoped to register for the exam dis week, so he has not gotten the books yet, I will ask for the name of the study books you used and how long it took U 2 study, We are already started downloading kaplan scheiwezer books, so pls we need your advise, thank U
I had the comprehensive stalla package for 1 and 2

i also got some question banks from some of ma friends who signed up with schweser

i do one exam a year so in essence, i read for a year plus grin grin grin

im not very brilliant so i couldnt read to pass for 6 months - One year+ did it for me the 2 times i wrote d exams
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tblazer: 10:39am On Jul 19, 2010
so do U know of anyone that read for 4 to 5 months for the exam and passed, the stalla book packages, were they sent to you when U registered for the exam,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 11:03am On Jul 19, 2010
^^^
yeah some people of course will pass even if they read for 4 months

i dunno of anyone tho but im sure people have done it and they scaled thru

yeah, the stalla packages were shipped to me from USA
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tblazer: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2010
how did U register for the exam, we plan 2 do that this week God willing
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tblazer: 11:47am On Jul 19, 2010
did U attend any lessons, also where and how much did U buy your texas calculator, also do U know anyone that will be writing the december 2010 exams,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 11:52am On Jul 19, 2010
^^^ go to the website to see how to register and stick to the thread to know who and who will be writing

dunno any yet

no idea on calculator
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tblazer: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2010
ok, thanks, dint u use d texas calculator for ur study
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^ i did
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tblazer: 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2010
ok, thanks,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2010
Good one looking out for ur bro, but why isnt he doing this research by himself??  Anyway I empathize with u. As per the calculator runs ask bakre to know if he has any for sale, check the thread for his number. I doubt u wud find those calcs anywhere in naija  though. Ur best bet would be to give someone who is going abroad to buy for u.

Yep with determination u guys can pass the level one this december. but its a talll order considering the time remaining and the sheer volume of info he'll have to ram into his head before december. Anyway all he needs is raw determination and lots of time and hardwork.  Anyone can pass level 1 in dec and level 2 next year if u r willin to put what it takes
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tblazer: 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2010
ok, actually we re twins and we help each oda, lol, right now he has nuttin doing, waiting for a call up letter in november or so, so he has close to 4months to study, we would try to register dis week by God's grace,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by alfaaa: 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2010
Hi All

tblazer I've been following the thread but your last has just touched me.
First am sitting for Dec 2010 and I started studying since March cos I registered back then.
For materials I really spend time on the internet cos currently I work with an Investment Bank, I surf the web and to be honest I've got alot of materials from there including videos.

But I have got hands on Schweser study notes which is less size wise but the books from CFA is also very good when it comes to explaining furhter.

One thing you need to know is that practice questions is the no. 1 thing. Practice, practice, practice and more practice until you cannot stop practicing.
It has really helped me since I started studying.

We will all get there by God's grace.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tblazer: 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2010
alfaa, thank you 4 replying, hmm, my brother started his main study today, and I helped in downloading books 2010 kaplan books it is a 6-volume set, close to 423mb, we should be expecting the books from CFA very soon after we register and pay for the exam, where did you get your videos from and did you have to pay for it, and hope it is not too late for my brother to start preparing since he has close to 15hrs in a day and 7days a week to study,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tblazer: 6:32pm On Jul 19, 2010
Also where did U get your practise questions from, do we need to buy them

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (76) (Reply)

Total Oil And Gas Workers / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.