Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,900 members, 7,889,970 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:12 AM

Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 (10664 Views)

Volunteers For Nigerian Premier League (NPFL) Live Matches. (2012/2013 Season) / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer For 2012 : Glo CAF Awards 2012 / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by Ibangap(m): 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
Bloody liars! Instead of NPL management to use d money develop d league, dem take am go pay statitics agents make dem put dere name 4 top. Mtcheeeew. Like say we no dey watch d league 4 here.
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by 3sc: 7:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
grin grin grin shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by henrychubayo: 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2012
If you re not able to understand the statistics used here, plz don't talk just 4 us to notice you. This is why ppl fail exams because they speak or write wat they don't know or not sure of. South african clubs re not doing well at all in africa. But 9ja club does well. Can u see one way its rating was done? Again, most talking rubbish here have never been to a stadium before or have not visited one recently. Plz keep quiet on wat you don't know. When i was still around, i visited a stadium that impressed me so much that made me to come and watch matches always. Wat we need is only coverage and good sponsors to assist in more development. If 9ja clubs get the sponsors and support that south african clubs do get, going to europe will be eliminated. Plz don't just talk here for notice me sake but speak what you are sure of and don't criticize because may be you are the person who needs correction.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by henrychubayo: 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ibanga p: Bloody liars! Instead of NPL management to use d money develop d league, dem take am go pay statitics agents make dem put dere name 4 top. Mtcheeeew. Like say we no dey watch d league 4 here.
You re very wrong and you need to be corrected
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by otokx(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
We will get there
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by doeeyed: 7:40pm On Jul 17, 2012
Kudos to the present ? Management....

Despite corruption, poor infrastructure, limited funding....
Topping the list is a great achievement....

More vaseline to your elbows..

Pls keep the flag flying high, building on your strengths,
Whilst minimizing weaknesses.

Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by abdulkayus(m): 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2012
If only NFF and NFA will be corrupt free and good sportmen nt politicians will be at d helm of d service, 9ja league will hav gone far and be a force to reckon on nt only in Africa bt in d World
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by Cusubaba(m): 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2012
Nigerians are stupid, they only want to hear bad thing in Nigeria and not good thing. Am right now in Ghana and one of there FM Station said also that Nigerian league is the currently No 1 in Africa by IFFHS. Plz check mtnfootball.com. They also carry the good news.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
Congrats 2 NPL.
But dis pple wey dy rate- didnt dy include League Management n dr ratings? NPL ll b 10th n Africa if ds s included.
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by wadoski: 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2012
donigspain: A league were teams hardly win AWAY matches...
When last did you watch a nig. premier league match? the league has changed a lot, if only u will take time from watching the english league to see wot is happening across the stadia in naija.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by henrychubayo: 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2012
greall1: Ha ha ha I don't believe this. I think south africa is the best league in africa.
Nigeria league with bad pitch.
Very wrong. South africa re not and when last did you visit a stadium in 9ja? We have artificial turf now in place in some pitch in 9ja now. Do u know how much they sponsor clubs and how much they pay players? If we get half of it, no need to go out to europe. Plz all you guys should change your mindset
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by Nightshift(m): 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2012
EPOMA:

You are bringing back good memories
Yeah! So much bad news from our dear country. Need to take some senior boys down memory lane. I used to spend my pocket- money on train ticket from Aba to Enugu, to watch 'Flyling Antelopes' play at Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium. I would be at Aba train station in the morning to board the express train from PH to Kano. I would alight at Enugu station, walk to the stadium, buy my ticket for the day's match. If I had enough time before kick-off, I go to Owerri Road for a plate of Agidi- pepper soup. Today, trains aren't running that route anymore,no peace, folks are aggressive like lions at Serengeti. Seems like we are loosing our humanity in that part of the world!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by Cwhyte(m): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
Some of you just post comments to bring down our lovely Nigeria.

Can't your read what the posters wrote?
The rating was based on clubs performance, how has the clubs in SA performed so far since Jan this year?

Well, you guys need to watch the NPL well again and see that it has really improved.

Kudos Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by gbagaunfinder: 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

I swear you Nigerians are ignorant of what is happening in your own danm country! Dont you know there has been lots of improvements in the Nigerian league. This ranking is also determined by how many Nigerian clubs compete in the African club championships and progresses. Nigerian clubs like Enyimba,Kano pillars,Heartland,Rangers and Sunshines fc has been doing very good in the African club championships in the last five years but you wont know that cause you got ur head up man u and chelseas a..sses. You will rather rubbish the Nigerian league than to support them. Do you even know the club in the lead and current leading goal scorer ? Go siddon joor!
There's no plural for improvement o!
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by coolted(m): 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
Great news. Lets rule d futball world.
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by femmy2010(m): 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2012
Is it the same Nigeria premier league or another one in Planet Mars?
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

I swear you Nigerians are ignorant of what is happening in your own danm country! Dont you know there has been lots of improvements in the Nigerian league. This ranking is also determined by how many Nigerian clubs compete in the African club championships and progresses. Nigerian clubs like Enyimba,Kano pillars,Heartland,Rangers and Sunshines fc has been doing very good in the African club championships in the last five years but you wont know that cause you got ur head up man u and chelseas a..sses. You will rather rubbish the Nigerian league than to support them. Do you even know the club in the lead and current leading goal scorer ? Go siddon joor!

Nigerians are their own worst enemies. This is just another example.

Even a child of 3 can see there have been real improvements in soccer administration, pitches, standard of play etc, over the last few years, but not inferiority complex afflicted Nigerians. Tufiakwa. Self-cursed beings.

Sometimes I don't blame 'our leaders' for lining their own pockets. If they didn't who would notice? These worthless, self hating idiots would still say everything is going downhill regardless, so they might as well fill their pockets and clear.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by ZUBY77(m): 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
Up rangers up gej
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by ZUBY77(m): 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2012
Only If the OP had added a mere ''IN JESUS NAME'' at the end of his post, more than 80% of nigerians would have claimed the position.
Anyway the Rangers matches i watched so far had been standard.
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ha ha ha I don't believe this. I think south africa is the best league in africa.
Nigeria league with bad pitch. [/quote]

its not about the pitch .. but how strong the teams im the league
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by MaxDick9ja: 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Word!
Was about to say the same thing
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by Georgeu4(m): 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2012
I dont knw why sum people would nt appreciate wat there hav rather there wil be lukin 4 one way or the other 2 condem it all u hav 2 knw is that ur country is ur country an it can never be change NPL ar rilly tryin an i giv them kudos 4 that, try an appreciate wat u hav no mater wat.
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by RSA(m): 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2012
South Africa will never make it this kind of ratings because football in South Africa is business,run by businesmen who invest their own money.
Participating in CAF competitions for South African clubs doesn't make business sense.SA league winner get more money than CAF Champions league winner.
The other reason was exposer,they could play in CAF for wider coverage,to expose their sponsors to a bigger audiance,but still even there they getting more coverage on Supersport while playing in their own league.With SA lEague televised to more than 40 countries in the continent.
Personally though I hope SA clubs take CAF competitions seriously not for money but to show support and comradie to CAF.I know there's a talk of not supporting CAF until we have one of own leading it.
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by RSA(m): 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2012
Congratulation to NPL, clubs like Enyimba,Sunshines and others have represented your country well and you deserve the Top Sport.
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by Bobbystanley(m): 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2012
Joke of the century
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by rennylaw(m): 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2012
U are kidding me. Honestly dis must be a joke
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by eghost247(m): 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
nice despite many locals not interested in watching it the Nigerian league is doing pretty well
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by AlabaSlim: 11:04pm On Jul 17, 2012
stagger: I would rate the leagues as follows:

1) Tunisia
2) Ghana (have you watched these guys? Their ball control and distribution is second to none. Our players need to learn basic skills from their Ghanaian Premier League counterparts).
3) Nigeria
4) Egypt

SA is way down. Those guys just have the money. Skill levels are very low.
God ble$$ u bro
god4bid i watch d SA league(a league wit skilless playaz,zero ratins,nothin in dier league xcept 4 d chetta$,no good showin in d CAF champ league) itz jus lyk watchin d EPL b4 d foreign playaz & ownerz SHOWED UP
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by laksides: 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2012
:oSouth Africa 51? With all their good fields
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by mikron(m): 11:42pm On Jul 17, 2012
greall1: Ha ha ha I don't believe this. I think south africa is the best league in africa.
Nigeria league with bad pitch.
never look down on what u have
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by francis247(m): 1:13am On Jul 18, 2012
Established by IBB under the AFRC in January 1984, the Nigerian Corruption League in many ways than one have proven to be the best in Africa. REASONS:
1) the current president of the league is a very cold fish.
2) It's top four consists of world class clubs ranging from PDP FC, ACN FC, ANPP FC and APGA FC.
3) it is made up of very talented players.
4) The most formidable coach and striker in the NCL who made his debut in 1976 have so much re-branded and restructured the league after his miraculous comeback in 1999.
5) The most gifted players never retire but plough their experience into the league
6) With Madam Minister leading the goal scorers sheet, the league last season recorded a record breaking 1.3 trillion goals, the highest ever in the history of any league in Africa.
7) The president of the league was in so many ways slowly but surely supportive to players and coaches last season.
cool The league is the most dramatic and entertaining in Africa.
9) Its Board members are the highest paid in Africa.
10) It attracts the highest number of fans and supporters in Africa
Re: Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 by Sike(m): 1:49am On Jul 18, 2012
*claps* NEXT PLZ!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mali Vs Burkina Faso, AFCON Round Of 16 (2 - 1) On 30th January 2024 / Wikki Tourist Vs Warri Wolves FC (1 - 0) On22nd April 2015 / Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.