Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,983 members, 7,922,393 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 06:28 AM

FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh (11148 Views)

Arunmah Oteh's Annual Working Assets are More Than Nigeria's / Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack / See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 11:46am On Jul 19, 2012
torkaka:

dude the fact she got her degree from nasarawa state university cancels out any chance of a fight! trust me!
so nasarawa state university is no longer school?,ur taking this too far man. just calm down okay
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 19, 2012
davechika:

serioulsly torkaka,am begining to doubt ur intelligent quotient,u came up with ur kitchen hypothesis but i pictured it in ur memory that if ur hypothesis is true as u claim,the house would have dug up every embezlement cases against her,this is good enough to answer u,am a fan of facts and proofs so until u prove to me with facts of her embezlement as u only investigated..otherwise S.F.U!! Dude.
okay,since you are not in doubt of your own Iq,let me ask; if a parastatal head is being investigated by the FG,and the same head of parastatal at that period of investigation is seen smiling at the presidential villa with the head of the FG,is it morally right?
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
torkaka:
okay,since you are not in doubt of your own Iq,let me ask; if a parastatal head is being investigated by the FG,and the same head of parastatal at that period of investigation is seen smiling at the presidential villa with the head of the FG,is it morally right?
prove it with ur links and stop mixing up things to whimp support,so house of reps is now FG?
okay it seems u like giving thesis and examples,
what will u say when facrook is investigating ote$ but goes to his house during the subsidy probes (as for links just goggle lawan farok and otedola),
if house is FG according to torkaka,y would there be investigations in the first place if both are smiling at thier loots.Dude let me ask one more time...do u work at SEC (be it tru quota system or tru merit),cos ur the only ferrocious one against her reinstatement.
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2012
davechika:
prove it with ur links and stop mixing up things to whimp support,so house of reps is now FG?
what will u say when facrook is investigating ote$ but goes to his house during the subsidy probes (as for links just goggle lawan farok and otedola),
if house is FG according to torkaka,y would there be investigations in the first place if both are smile at thier loots.Dude let me ask one more time...do u work at SEC (be it tru quota system or tru merit),cos ur the only ferrocious one against her reinstatement.
you see1 i just proved that your IQ is low! the board of sec(FG) suspended otteh and investigated her, during this period she attended the economic group meeting in aso rock! the house probe is different from what i am talking about!
IQ man, the house cannot suspend her! it is the Fg through its organs(board of sec) that can do that. abati was the one who released a statement recalling her and saying they found her not wanting of any wrong doing while the house probe(different from the FG investigation) recommended her sack!
dude you are the one who needs google to update yourself!

2 Likes

Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by initiate: 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
all these yada yada is a load of bull, she was reinstated because she is okonjo iwealas candidate and that one is able to muscle gej to do her wish anytime. just the same way she removed subsidy.

in fact she is an agent of the west, executing policies to further impoverish nigeria. she and her ilk should be done away with if Nigeria is to grow

2 Likes

Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2012
initiate: all these yada yada is a load of bull, she was reinstated because she is okonjo iwealas candidate and that one is able to muscle gej to do her wish anytime. just the same way she removed subsidy.

in fact she is an agent of the west, executing policies to further impoverish nigeria. she and her ilk should be done away with if Nigeria is to grow
infact 10000 gbosas!! cool
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2012
torkaka:
you see1 i just proved that your IQ is low! the board of sec(FG) suspended otteh and investigated her, during this period she attended the economic group meeting in aso rock! the house probe is different from what i am talking about!
IQ man, the house cannot suspend her! it is the Fg through its organs(board of sec) that can do that. abati was the one who released a statement recalling her and saying they found her not wanting of any wrong doing while the house probe(different from the FG investigation) recommended her sack!
dude you are the one who needs google to update yourself!
ur just notin but a confusionist,u crated this thread so people will bash her but got disappointed by the results then u decided to revengfully attack someone that said the plain truth.get a lift,get a life and think positive Dude.
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
davechika:
ur just notin but a confusionist,u crated this thread so people will bash her but got disappointed by the results then u decided to revengfully attack someone that said the plain truth.get a lift,get a life and think positive Dude.
and my response;

"prove it with ur links and stop mixing up things to whimp support,so house of reps is now FG?
if house is FG according to torkaka,y would there be investigations in the first place if both are smiling at thier loots.Dude let me ask one more time...do u work at SEC (be it tru quota system or tru merit),cos ur the only ferrocious one against her reinstatement"

"you see1 i just proved that your IQ is low! the board of sec(FG) suspended otteh and investigated her, during this period she attended the economic group meeting in aso rock! the house probe is different from what i am talking about!
dude you are the one who needs google to update yourself!"
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
torkaka:
and my response;

"prove it with ur links and stop mixing up things to whimp support,so house of reps is now FG?
if house is FG according to torkaka,y would there be investigations in the first place if both are smiling at thier loots.Dude let me ask one more time...do u work at SEC (be it tru quota system or tru merit),cos ur the only ferrocious one against her reinstatement"

"you see1 i just proved that your IQ is low! the board of sec(FG) suspended otteh and investigated her, during this period she attended the economic group meeting in aso rock! the house probe is different from what i am talking about!

dude you are the one who needs google to update yourself!"
Dude stop deceiving ur self with multiple ids,u got diapponted from responses from ur thread supporting her reinstatement giving flimsy thesis to whimp support for her but got disappointed by all.pls if u got more proofs to her embezleemnt with facts come up and say it.according to ur question FG probing her but u made a u turn and said house is probing her and its no FG cos i pointed out to u who is probing her. i guess its board (FG) that cme out with 85k per day.
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
davechika:
Dude stop deceiving ur self with multiple ids,u got diapponted from responses from ur thread supporting her reinstatement giving flimsy thesis to whimp support for her but got disappointed by all.pls if u got more proofs to her embezleemnt with facts come up and say it.according to ur question FG probing her but u made a u turn and said house is probing her and its no FG cos i pointed out to u who is probing her. i guess its board (FG) that cme out with 85k per day.

guy you are D.U.L.L!! embarassed embarassed

"The director-general of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Ms. Arunma Oteh, has been sent on compulsory leave.

Though details of Oteh’s suspension were sketchy at press time, LEADERSHIP gathered that, the DG’S suspension was based on her alleged financial mismanagement of the Commission’s funds.

[b]LEADERSHIP gathered that, the decision to suspend Oteh, was taken by the Udo Udoma-led board of SEC after a long meeting that ended at about 9pm.

The board found the DG SEC guilty of gross mismanagement of funds in the Project 50 of the commission. The Project 50 is a programme to mark 50 years of SEC in Nigeria.

Oteh was also found guilty of overstaying in one of the highbrow hotels in Abuja for up to eight months against the commission’s policy.

[/b]The SEC board further asked Oteh to hand over to the most senior executive commissioner, Daisy Ekineh and directed that a forensic audit should be carried out on the commission’s finances"

YOU SEE MY FRIEND THEY WERE TWO DIFFERENT PROBES!!
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Idokojimmy: 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2012
Her reinstatement hinges on investigative reports suggesting that she didn't engage in corrupt practice. Her crime they say was. mainly adminstrative lapses. Perhaps Govt has discovered that naija economyy will be affected if she stays away. Anyways, let's see wat she brings back to the commission.

1 Like

Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2012
torkaka:

guy you are D.U.L.L!! embarassed embarassed

"The director-general of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Ms. Arunma Oteh, has been sent on compulsory leave.

Though details of Oteh’s suspension were sketchy at press time, LEADERSHIP gathered that, the DG’S suspension was based on her alleged financial mismanagement of the Commission’s funds.

[b]LEADERSHIP gathered that, the decision to suspend Oteh, was taken by the Udo Udoma-led board of SEC after a long meeting that ended at about 9pm.

The board found the DG SEC guilty of gross mismanagement of funds in the Project 50 of the commission. The Project 50 is a programme to mark 50 years of SEC in Nigeria.

Oteh was also found guilty of overstaying in one of the highbrow hotels in Abuja for up to eight months against the commission’s policy.

[/b]The SEC board further asked Oteh to hand over to the most senior executive commissioner, Daisy Ekineh and directed that a forensic audit should be carried out on the commission’s finances"

YOU SEE MY FRIEND THEY WERE TWO DIFFERENT PROBES!!

serioulsly torkaka,i have reasons to doubt ur IQ,u from one of ur post u said FG suspended her (u never mentioned board of sec),by ur myopic reasoning board of sec is now Federal government.(FG)..lol. point of correction Dude the board of sec is never FG (sooner or later u will claim that NNPC board is FG...lol) stop being a confusionist that u ar.ur iq in serious doubt my friend.
here is the full story confusionist torkaka (FG = board of SEC)

Aruma Oteh, Securities & Exchange Commission Boss Petitions
President & Finance Minister over Suspension Posted on Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 at 2:01 AM By Adeola Adeyemo Following the decision by the Board of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to send its embattled Director General, Aruma Oteh on compulsory leave, Ms Oteh has petitioned President Goodluck Jonathan to reverse the order. After a marathon meeting that lasted till late Monday night, the
Board reached a firm resolution to send Ms Oteh on compulsory
leave, agreeing that her stepping aside would make for an
unfettered investigation into several allegations against her
management, particularly allegations of misappropriation of
N3billion on the controversial Project 50 programme. Following the resolution, the Board appointed the most senior member, the Executive Commissioner (Operations), Ms. Daisy Ekineh , to take over as acting Director General and Chief Executive. Locks to Ms Oteh’s office were changed leaving her
stranded when she arrived her office at the Central Business
District, Abuja on Tuesday morning. Also, contract staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission
(SEC) were barred from the commission’s premises. The 15
affected staffs are believed to be those engaged by Ms Oteh. However, a close aide of the DG revealed to PUNCH that the
decision to send her on compulsory leave was taken to ridicule her
as well as pursue an agenda of tenure extension. “You will recall that all the members of the SEC Board, apart
from the DG, are due to end their tenure on the board this
Friday, and so coming up with this kind of thing now, surely,
seems like a bid to unduly extend their tenure. “However, Oteh has a lot of options open to her, and she will
take the matter to her employer to query the decision of the
board in terms of due process and fairness. It is obvious that
due process was not followed in all this.” To defend her position therefore, Ms Oteh, yesterday, petitioned the
Presidency and other relevant authorities over her suspension from
office by the Board of the Commission. According to a source close to Oteh, she has already sent a letter to
the Presidency, Minister of Finance and other relevant agencies,
with the hope that she will be given fair hearing on the issue. The source, however, said pending the response of the Presidency,
Oteh would not interfere and would allow the Board to carry out their investigation, adding: “She has agreed to take her suspension from office in good faith, saying that she will abide
by due process, until the Presidency wades into the matter.” What do you think about the compulsory leave given to the Director
General of the SEC? Was she right in petitioning the President &
Finance Minister over her suspension? Please share your thoughts

torkaka i guess u have read the full story and not the edited one to suit ur propaganda,
Point to me where FG is investigating her if not the Board of SEC.
i guess it was ur same FG that found out the 85k per day meal and not the House...lol
seriously Dude check ur brain cells wether they are multiplying every nanoseconds if not something is wrong which makes u not to reason straight and ask straight questions.(FG is board of SEC,in ur myopic reasoning all the Board of government owned institutions is same as FG right?? )lol
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 1:39pm On Jul 19, 2012
torkaka,pls come and read this and change ur sense of reasoning on full baked lies.
FG sacks board of SEC,read and gimme ur response am waiting to tutor u verbal reasoning skills.

Nigeria: FG Sacks SEC Board - Names Bello Acting DG BY PETER EGWUATU AND MICHAEL EBOH, 14 JUNE 2012 Comment (1) Leadership Arunma Oteh in blue. Lagos — Acting Director-General of the Securities and Exchange
Commission (SEC), Ms Daisy Ekineh, two other Executive
Commissioners of the commission and the entire SEC Board were,
Thursday, relieved of their duty by the Federal Government, as their
tenure expires June 15, 2012. Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has ruled out any
tenure elongation for the Acting Director General of the Securities
and Exchange Commission, SEC, Ms. Daisy Ekineh, stressing that
SEC's Director of Finance and Administration, Mr. Bolaji Ibrahim
Bello, would assume office on Monday, June 18, 2012 as the Acting
Director General. Meanwhile, Vanguard, gathered that staff attached to the office of
the suspended Director-General, Ms Arunma Oteh have been
redeployed. This is even as Ekineh is due to retire as Acting Director General,
Friday, with other Executive Commissioners on the Board. Relevant Links Equities Sustain Gains Despite SEC DG's Removal
SEC- Oteh Vows to Fight Back Amid Reactions
Govt Suspends Stock Exchange Regulator
FG Appoints Bolaji Bello Acting DG of SEC
SEC - Mixed Reactions Trail Oteh's Suspension The newly appointed Acting Director General of SEC, Bello, has
been the Head of SEC's office Lagos. He was a stock broker before
joining the commission. Why only Oteh was suspended Also, the Board of SEC has revealed why other staff involved in
'Project 50' were not suspended alongside Oteh. The Board disclosed that its director general took responsibility for
the financial issues and questions arising from Project 50 and
refused to make formal report to the Audit and Finance Committee
of the Board on the project. A source close to the Board confided in Vanguard that Oteh's
suspension was linked to her inability to present formal report to
the Audit and Finance Committee after the Board mandated her to
do so. The source further stated that the Board had mandated Price Water
House Coopers, PWC, to conduct an investigation into the
allegations against Oteh and submit their report. The source disclosed that PWC was given a minimum of four weeks
to conclude their investigation and to submit their report. Redeployment vindictive --Affected staff On the issue of staff redeployment, a source in SEC, who spoke to
Vanguard on condition of anonymity, said the letter signed by the
Head of Human Resources, SEC, Hussaini Dauda, redeployed the
staff to areas outside their competencies. "It is sad that this action can constitute the priority of the current
leadership of the SEC at this time, when there is an urgent need to
take actions to rebuild and sustain the transformation agenda of
Oteh, and make the place more service-oriented and more
committed to capital market governance at the commission, rather
than those urgent concerns, acts of administrative vindictiveness, victimisation, which eventually contains a witch hunt against the
person of Oteh. In a text message to Vanguard, another staff of the commission
who chose not to be named, said: "The action furthers the witch
hunt against the DG by the anti reform old guard who have neither
the vision nor the capacity to raise SEC to the status of an efficient
regulator that can oversight a credible and transparent market
characterised by a high level of investor confidence. How Oteh erred On why Oteh was asked to step down, the source in the Board of
SEC said: "The rules and regulation of SEC states that all money
collected or expenses made by the commission should be disclosed
to enable the commission render appropriate accounts when
preparing its financial year end report that would eventually be
presented to the Ministry of Finance for endorsement. "But the suspended Director General refused to submit a formal
report and this led to her suspension to enable Audit and Finance
Committee and PriceWaterHouse (PWC) to investigate the project
50 programme." Specifically, he continued, "The Board had directed the Audit and
Finance Committee to investigate Project 50 at its meeting held on
February 29, 2012 and to present a report to the Board within four
weeks. The Committee invited the Director-General to forward her
report on Project 50 and appear before it at its meeting held on
March 9, 2012. The Director-General failed to appear and did not forward any written report. The Director-General informed the
Committee that she will rather present her report to the full Board. "The Committee however reminded her that the Board had directed
it to investigate the Project 50 and that it will be appropriate for her
to present her report to the Committee. The Director-General made oral presentation to the Committee on
March 23, 2012. She was again reminded to forward her written
report to the Committee. She promised to do so but did not forward
any written report. "The Committee met again on May 3 and 4, 2012. Again the
Director-General did not forward any written report but she sent an
email to members of the Committee that she would not be available
for a meeting with the Committee on 4th May, 2012 and that as
soon as possible, she would forward her written report on Project
50 as a follow up to her oral presentation on March 23, 2012." Continuing, he said, "The Director-General finally forwarded a
written report to the committee on 22nd May, 2012. After
considering the report, the Committee requested for more
information which the Director-General supplied on 24th May, 2012.
The Director-General did not fully cooperate with the Audit and
Finance Committee in its investigation which was directed by the Board to be concluded within four (4) weeks. In the course of the investigation and preparation of its report, the
Committee excluded the Executive Commissioner (Finance &
Administration) who is a member of the Committee from some of
its meetings in order to avoid potential conflict of interest. The Executive Commissioner (F&A) was also excluded from the
meetings where the report and recommendations of the Committee
were considered." "The Board did not accept all the recommendations of the
Committee. For example, it did not accept the recommendation for
key actors in the Project 50 to be suspended. "The Board rather directed the Director-General to proceed on
compulsory leave in order to conduct an independent investigation,
as recommended by the Committee. "The Director-General was asked to proceed on compulsory leave
because she admitted that she was the Chairman of Project 50
Committee and that she was the key person in the management of
the sources and uses of funds for the Project 50. Tagged: Business, Nigeria, Stock Markets , West Africa Copyright © 2012 Vanguard. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media ( allAfrica.com ). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or
make other authorized use of this material, click here. AllAfrica aggregates and indexes content from over 130 African news organizations, plus more than 200 other sources, who are responsible for their own reporting and views. Articles and
commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produ
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
davechika:

serioulsly torkaka,i have reasons to doubt ur IQ,u from one of ur post u said FG suspended her (u never mentioned board of sec),by ur myopic reasoning board of sec is now Federal government.(FG)..lol. point of correction Dude the board of sec is never FG (sooner or later u will claim that NNPC board is FG...lol) stop being a confusionist that u ar.ur iq in serious doubt my friend.
here is the full story confusionist torkaka (FG = board of SEC)

President & Finance Minister over Suspension Posted on Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 at 2:01 AM By Adeola Adeyemo Following the decision by the Board of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to send its embattled Director General, Aruma Oteh on compulsory leave, Ms Oteh has petitioned President Goodluck Jonathan to reverse the order. After a marathon meeting that lasted till late Monday night, the
leave, agreeing that her stepping aside would make for an
unfettered investigation into several allegations against her
management, particularly allegations of misappropriation of
N3billion on the controversial Project 50 programme. Following the resolution, the Board appointed the most senior member, the Executive Commissioner (Operations), Ms. Daisy Ekineh , to take over as acting Director General and Chief Executive. Locks to Ms Oteh’s office were changed leaving her
stranded when she arrived her office at the Central Business
District, Abuja on Tuesday morning. Also, contract staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission
(SEC) were barred from the commission’s premises. The 15
affected staffs are believed to be those engaged by Ms Oteh. However, a close aide of the DG revealed to PUNCH that the
decision to send her on compulsory leave was taken to ridicule her
as well as pursue an agenda of tenure extension. “You will recall that all the members of the SEC Board, apart
from the DG, are due to end their tenure on the board this
Friday, and so coming up with this kind of thing now, surely,
seems like a bid to unduly extend their tenure. “However, Oteh has a lot of options open to her, and she will
take the matter to her employer to query the decision of the
board in terms of due process and fairness. It is obvious that
due process was not followed in all this.” To defend her position therefore, Ms Oteh, yesterday, petitioned the
Presidency and other relevant authorities over her suspension from
office by the Board of the Commission. According to a source close to Oteh, she has already sent a letter to
the Presidency, Minister of Finance and other relevant agencies,
with the hope that she will be given fair hearing on the issue. The source, however, said pending the response of the Presidency,
Oteh would not interfere and would allow the Board to carry out their investigation, adding: “She has agreed to take her suspension from office in good faith, saying that she will abide
by due process, until the Presidency wades into the matter.” What do you think about the compulsory leave given to the Director
General of the SEC? Was she right in petitioning the President &
Finance Minister over her suspension? Please share your thoughts

torkaka i guess u have read the full story and not the edited one to suit ur propaganda,
Point to me where FG is investigating her if not the Board of SEC.
i guess it was ur same FG that found out the 85k per day meal and not the House...lol
seriously Dude check ur brain cells wether they are multiplying every nanoseconds if not something is wrong which makes u not to reason straight and ask straight questions.(FG is board of SEC,in ur myopic reasoning all the Board of government owned institutions is same as FG right?? )lol

o boy you don finally goof big time! you don't even know what federal govt is! SHAME embarassed clearly you no go school grin grin!
dude let me help you out since you can't ask people around you to help you;
sec is a federal govt parastatal supervised by a federal govt ministry[/b]that appoints a board! if sec,nnpc,efcc,nimasa,nerc,ncc,npa,itf,dpr,pppra etc fail in their duties it means federal govt has failed as these parastatals are the organs govt uses to function! bros you really fall hand o! you be illiterate/ oya make i use local lame man explanation give you,you dey see the green federal numbers way govt motors dey get to show say na govt? well sec ma get am to show say dem sef na federal govt! tongue
[b]bros you don fall my hand
because i been the think say you sabi small thing!chai grin grin
mumu federal govt is not just jona and his ministers,it involves all parastatals as well that is why it is called federal civil service because they all work for the federal govt grin. if you sue sec,the [b]agf [/b]will also be joined! cool what's the name of the school you attended again? nasarawa university,no? cool
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
torkaka:

o bo]y you don finally goof big time! you don't even know what federal govt is! SHAME embarassed clearly you no go school grin grin!
dude let me help you out since you can't ask people around you to help you;
sec is a federal govt parastatal supervised by a federal govt ministry[/b]that appoints a board! if sec,nnpc,efcc,nimasa,nerc,ncc,npa,itf,dpr,pppra etc fail in their duties it means federal govt has failed as these parastatals are the organs govt uses to function! bros you really fall hand o! you be illiterate/ oya make i use local lame man explanation give you,you dey see the green federal numbers way govt motors dey get to show say na govt? well sec ma get am to show say dem sef na federal govt! tongue
[b]bros you don fall my hand
because i been the think say you sabi small thing!chai grin grin
mumu federal govt is not just jona and his ministers,it involves all parastatals as well that is why it is called federal civil service because they all work for the federal govt grin. if you sue sec,the [b]agf [/b]will also be joined! cool what's the name of the school you attended again? nasarawa university,no? cool

Goossssh!,i know u have won jackpot today with ur enjoyment on this thread but i think i have to cut it short and follow u to logical conclusion that board of a commission is not same as FG (although members are appointed by FG),a board may be investigating itself but that does not mean that FG is investigating such commision.i will give u some examples of parastals u mentioned above which have their board of directors and DG appointed by FG but FG still investigates such commission regardless of its board and DG.

FG sets up 13-man panel to probe NAICOM boss By Michael Faloseyi, Abuja
Wednesday, 28 Mar 2007
archive.punchontheweb.com/AddComments.aspx?theartic=Art2007032712125431

The Federal Government has opened a probe into the activities of
the suspended Chairman of the National Insurance Commission,
Chief Emmanuel Chukwulozie, during the just-concluded
recapitalisation of the insurance industry. The government had on March 19, 2007, ordered the suspension of
the NAICOM boss and said that a panel of enquiry was under way
to investigate the commission’s activities. It was, however, reticent on why Chukwulozie was suspended.

Nigeria: FG Probes DPR, Sends Director on Forced Leave BY HECTOR IGBIKIOWUBO, 17 JUNE 2008
Lagos — In a bid to clear the air on speculations and counter
speculations over the handling of investigations into the conduct of
the 2007 oil and gas blocks licensing round, the Federal
Government has ordered the Director of the Department of
Petroleum Resources (DPR) to proceed on an indefinite leave. Already, all is set for the implementation of the Oil and Gas Industry
Committee (OGIC) report and an announcement is to be made by
the end of the week in an effort to drive efficiency and financial
solvency in the upstream oil sector
allafrica.com/stories/200806170499.html

FG probe on NIMASA DG
Fresh Crisis hits NIMASA DG, Director Fights Dirty By Nigeria Standard Newspaper.com
Presidency moves to set up probe
Information reaching our Correspondent confirmed that
President Goodluck Jonathan was irked that a whooping sum of
$2m was allegedly made available to some directors in the
maritime agency in the name of 'settling/lobbying delegates,'
whereas the truth is: “huge chunk of the money was blown by
few people.” In view of this, security surveillance has been ordered by the
presidency round the directors in NIMASA, the DG and other
accomplices who conspired to fleece the country of hard earned
money. EFCC plans arrest of directors soon Going by the on-going position of the presidency in this matter,
petitions has now been sent to the Economic and Financial
Crimes Commission (EFCC) to arrest and investigate the
directors, DG and other accomplices who 'squandered' the $2m
allegedly meant to 'lobby the African delegates.' DG jittery … As at press time, we gathered that apprehension has allegedly
griped Akpobolokemi that the tension presently generated in
the maritime sector as a result of the $2m lobby-fee may
eventually cost him, other directors, query by the Transport
Minister that may lead to suspension, arrest and investigation
by anti-graft agency. But the world is now watching if President Jonathan actually believes in the rule of law to ensure 'sanity' is
brought into the maritime sector. Do you have an article for publication? Please email it to editor@ thenigerianvoice.com
www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/77348/1/fresh-crisis-hits-nimasa-dg-director-fights-dirty.html

torkaka:

now back to ur question,from the three examples above NIMASA,DPR and NAICOM are they not organs of govt with directors and DG appointed by FG.okay going by ur minute reasoning (i doubt if u did verbal reasoning apptitude test on the work ur doing now,if at all ur working as u claimed,if not for quota system),why would FG order probe if the board as u claim is same as FG investigate itself.(your verbal reasoning IQ is highly infinitesimal).This where i pointed at u severally that a board of any commision is not same as FG or Ministry(they are only appointees by FG) and never was SEC DG investigated by FG instead its pricewater coopers external auditors which was ordered by the board (not FG.. m*mu)below is the link read it very well small boy and try to decipher meanings in between lines.

http//:thestreetjournal.org/2012/07/go-and-sin-no-more-fg-reinstates-oteh-suspended-sec-boss/

“Go And Sin No More”: FG Reinstates Oteh, Suspended SEC
Boss! By NewsAdmin on July 18, 2012 Reprieve came the way of Arunma Oteh, the
suspended Director General of the Nigeria’s
Securities and Exchange Commission as she was
recalled by the Federal Government on
Wednesday. Street Journal’s findings revealed that Oteh’s recall was
contained in a circular SGF.2/S.9/C.13/454 dated 17/ July, 2012
and signed by the Secretary to the Government of the
Federation (SGF), Anyim Pius Anyim. The content of the circular indicated that Oteh was asked to return to her job following the Federal Government’s
consideration of the report of the external auditors, Price Water
Coopers Limited, which probed the transactions of the Commission which she supervised.The reports of the auditors absolved her of fraud, though she was blamed for some administrative errors.
The circular reads inter alia “Please refer to the decision of the
Board of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to send
you on compulsory leave in order to enable SEC’s external
auditors-the Price Water Coopers Limited (PWC), to examine
the records of the Commission’s transactions covering SEC project 50 which you supervised.
I am to note that Government has studied the report submitted
by the external auditors and you are neither indicted for fraud
nor criminal breach in any form. However, some administrative
lapses were reported, particularly, in cases where administrative
procedures were not thoroughly observed. The purpose of this letter is to recall you from your leave and to caution that you must henceforth endeavour to diligently
observe all extant rules and administrative procedures in the
conduct of all official transactions.”

Torkaka,i have been controlling my self from using derogatory words on u but i will still control myself,it is now clear to me that sense of reasoning is questionable.
may be tommorrow board of NNPC will start investigating Deziani madueke,u will come here to open that ur gademm mouth to say FG is investigating her.there is a clear difference when u say board of directors are investigating itself and FG investigating such commission including the DG and the board of directors.
(i know blame u at all,after cramming during school u cme here to expose ur half baked reasoning here,)The same FG u claimed is investigating oteh now sacked it board of directors,why would they be sacked during investigations pls stop being naive and confusionist.WERE!!

FG sacks SEC Board; names Bello acting DG
newnigerianpolitics.com/2012/06/15/fg-sacks-sec-board-names-bello-acting-dg/
FG sacks SEC Board; names Bello acting DG Posted by admin Latest Politics Friday, June 15th, 2012 By PETER EGWUATU & MICHAEL EBOH
LAGOS — Acting Director-General of the Securities and
Exchange Commission (SEC), Ms Daisy Ekineh, two other
Executive Commissioners of the commission and the entire SEC
Board were, Thursday, relieved of their duty by the Federal
Government, as their tenure expires June 15, 2012. Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has ruled out any tenure elongation for the Acting Director General of the Securities and Exchange Commission, SEC, Ms. Daisy Ekineh,
stressing that SEC’s Director of Finance and Administration, Mr. Bolaji Ibrahim Bello, would assume office on Monday, June 18, 2012 as the Acting Director General. Meanwhile, Vanguard, gathered that staff attached to the office of the suspended Director-General, Ms Arunma Oteh have been redeployed

stop smoking w*eds its not good to ur sense of reasoning Dude.
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 20, 2012
@davechika
dude i rest my case,i can't argue with you! you too dull! i'll just leave you with these last words;
the federal govt encompasses every single individual who is appointed and/or draws salary from the federal coffers! board members are appointed for parastatals by the president who also heads the federal govt! a cleaner at the most insignificant parastatal you know of is a representative of the federal govt!
please note and stop displaying your ignorance by copying and pasting,the federal govt can investigate itself!
where do you think the word boards of federal parastatals come from?
seriously dude,did you do govt in school at all? do you read papers? i would really like to know the school you went too!
final word; is sec a private institution or public institution? kindly find out what a public institution is and why they are called civil servants!
illiterate, go to sec or look for sec official cars(especially the ones board members are using) and tell me the number plates they're carrying then go to frsc and get a definition of number plates in nigeria!
mumu! copying and pasting through google without an understanding of what you are doing!
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 20, 2012
mumu, in the write up you posted it says FG sacks sec board!
FG can sack sec board because sec board is under the employ of the FG!
FG cannot sack the board of LASTMA because that one is under the employ of lagos state govt!
dude go back to school!
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by aninibinladen1(m): 7:19am On Jul 20, 2012
SEC is an institution(including it's management and board) created by an act of the national assembly. Therefore it is a federal government institution carrying out regulatory functions over the NSE on behalf of the federal government.
The federal government refers to all persons and institutions carrying out official functions on behalf of the president. SEC and it's board are therefore part and parcel of the federal government.

1 Like

Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by ijemomo(m): 7:23am On Jul 20, 2012
Abati is a disgrace. I still remember him when he was @ Guardian N/P& Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω he attacked d govt of d day on every issues both real& imagined! Presently he has gotten what he has longed for all des while. Is he a judge to say dt Oteh is not guilty? with all these mind boggling allegation against her! GEJ has shown dt he is too soft on women dt is y he has refused to sack d Min of Petroleum! Is dr still hope for Nigeria?
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 7:27am On Jul 20, 2012
torkaka: mumu, in the write up you posted it says FG sacks sec board!
FG can sack sec board because sec board is under the employ of the FG!
FG cannot sack the board of LASTMA because that one is under the employ of lagos state govt!
dude go back to school!

bla bla bla bla,we all know u cramed very well to pass ur exams in school,but u have to enhance ur verbal reasoning skills, i ignorantly left u to be dancing (macabre dance) in the gallery in other to estimate ur reasoning ability.
ur question was that FG (and not board of SEC) are investigating DG of SEC.
here is another example of a NDDC commission which the MD and board were appointed by FG but still they were investigated by FG.so DG of SEC was never investigated by FG but by board via pricewater coopers (PWC) external auditors. (its in house probe and not FG instituted probe).So stop going to beer parlour and reasoning like a Drunk!!

News | FG sets up eight-man panel to probe NDDC
FG sets up eight-man panel to probe NDDC Font size: OMEIZA AJAYI 29/07/2011 00:53:00 L-R: Member, Presidential Committee on the Problems of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Mr. Benard Otti; Chairman, Mr. Steve Orosanye and Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Senator Anyim Pius Ayim, during the inauguration of th The Federal Government has constituted an eight-man committee headed by the immediate past Head of Service, Mr. Steve Oronsaye, to look into the activities of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) with a view to identifying its challenges and repositioning it towards achieving its core objectives.

nationalmirroronline.net/news/17390.html

i think i have time for u half baked semi graduate (if at all u went to school if not tru catchment area or educationally less disadvantaged states).stop quoting what u learnt in school here blah blah blah,reason man.
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 7:42am On Jul 20, 2012
anini-binladen:
SEC is an institution(including it's management and board) created by an act of the national assembly. Therefore it is a federal government institution carrying out regulatory functions over the NSE on behalf of the federal government.
The federal government refers to all pers
ons and institutions carrying out official functions on behalf of the president. SEC and
it's board are therefore part and parcel of the federal government.
yes i totally agree with you but that torkaka said that FG was investigating DG of SEC but she still goes to the presidency (FG) laughing with him during investigation.i pointed out to him there is a clear difference when u say FG investigating and Board of that commision investigating their DG.its not same irrespective that both are under FG.board of NDDC,NNPC,NIMASA may come up tommorrow to srutinize and investigate thier respective DG over financial spending that does not mean that FG is investigating such parastatal irrespective that all are appointees of FG.
that guy called torkaka comes here and quotes what he cramed to pass his exams (i bet he dint do verbal reasoning apptitude test on the present work he is doin if at all he is working)
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 20, 2012
@davechika
ignorance at its best form on display! do you know what carrying out something on behalf of someone means? dude go and source for legal interpretations of certain terms! i really need to know that school that educated you!
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2012
torkaka: @davechika
ignorance at its best form on display! do you know what carrying out something on behalf of someone means? dude go and source for legal interpretations of certain terms! i really need to know that school that educated you!
@torkaka.
i was expecting more cramed essays from u,u just proved ur mental verbal reasoning and comprehension to me.ohhhh! you suddenly stopped ur macabre dance and suddenly realised ur senses right ?,okay i think i will cut my busy schedules today to lecture u on use of English (GS 101) with verbal reasoning.you can only twist but cant change the message.
do you want me to still give more examples of FG probing its commission irrespective of appointing the DG or board of directors.out of all the links up there show me where FG instituted a probe panel to investigate DG of SEC!! if not board of SEC (via pricewater coopers external auditors),i know u cant comprehend use of Engilsh very well. torkaka!! do you u still want more macabre dance!!
i try as much as possible not use derogatory words to define ur shaky intellectual reasoning ability but u seem to be provoking my anger with every stupidity u exhibit here!! (product of Quota system!!)

Torkaka!! why viewing your thread as a guest,come on login and learn use of English and verbal comprehension.

Viewing this topic: davechika(m) and 1 guest
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by aninibinladen1(m): 9:26am On Jul 20, 2012
@Davechika
Actually the board investigating the DG and the federal government setting up an inquiry to investigate the DG is all the same thing i.e FG investigating. The federal government can investigate a parastatal through its board,ministerial panel of inquiry,police,efcc,icpc,office of auditor general etc. Any of the mentioned can investigate a parastatal even at the same time all in the name of federal government, basically this forms as some kind of checks & balances e.g the board of sec(on behalf of th fg) can investigate the management of sec, a panel of inquiry(on behalf of fg) can investigate the same management of sec(depending on the issue,sometimes even the board is included),at the same period the efcc(also on behalf of the fg) can also investigate the same sec during the same period.
Whether board,efcc,minister,head of service,presidency,commission etc they are all federal government.
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 20, 2012
davechika my friend,theres a difference between IQ and google.
stupidly busy yourself googling irrelevant news items instead of using your head!
the board of a parastatal serves as the direct line of investigation of a parastatal by the fg! most times when panels of inquiries are set up or ministerial commissions are set up it is to investigate both the board and management!
i still ask,which school you go?
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 10:06am On Jul 20, 2012
@ anini bibladen,
thanks for using the word on behalf of FG meaning that FG gave directive for such or not.okay Below is the portion of our argument to clearly elaborate and define his own (torkaka) investigation of DG of SEC by FG.

President & Finance Minister over Suspension Posted on Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 at 2:01 AM By Adeola Adeyemo
Following the decision by the Board of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to send its embattled Director General, Aruma Oteh on compulsory leave, Ms Oteh has petitioned President Goodluck Jonathan to reverse the order.

After a marathon meeting that lasted till late Monday night, the
leave, agreeing that her stepping aside would make for an unfettered investigation into several allegations against her management, particularly allegations of misappropriation of N3billion on the controversial Project 50 programme.

Following the resolution, the Board appointed the most senior member, the Executive Commissioner (Operations), Ms. Daisy Ekineh , to take over as acting Director General and Chief Executive. Locks to Ms Oteh’s office were changed.

if u refer to the question torkakak asked,DG of SEC was being investigated (instituted) by FG but she goes to FG (presidency) laughing during the course of investigations by same FG.
that angle of use of english and verbal comprehension is where i faulted him and points to during our course of argument.i know quite well that all are appointees of FG but the in-house SEC board probe was not instituted by FG or any ministry under which it falls under.the probe was done by pricewater coopers PWC external auditors ordered by the board.

there is a clear mark difference between (torkaka) reading and comprehending whats on the article and what he already knows from books this wia lawyers interprets in law court.he questions were vague from onset.
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 10:15am On Jul 20, 2012
torkaka: davechika my friend,theres a difference between IQ and google.
stupidly busy yourself googling irrelevant news items instead of using your head!
the board of a parastatal serves as the direct line of investigation of a parastatal by the fg! most times when panels of inquiries are set up or ministerial commissions are set up it is to investigate both the board and management!

am very happy that am impacting on your reasoning skills and comprehension,nest time dont ask vague questions to suit ur line of argument.i would have narrated the stories for you but choose to copy and paste the source so u learn use of English when ever u say or write something.
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by aninibinladen1(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2012
@Davechika,

you are confusing yourself; any action the board of sec takes they take on behalf of the FG. That's the reason she went to the president to reverse her suspension. It's like a company, the head of finance can sack an accounting staff and it will be considered that the company sacked the staff. The staff can petition the MD to be reinstated.
If you are familiar with the workings of government then you will understand that in her letter of suspension by the board,the presidecy was copied. The president cannot directly monitor all the federal government institution hence the appointments of board members. If the board takes a decision,whether the president is aware or not it is the FG govt that has taken a decision.
let me give you an example; if the chief of army staff decides to send troops into niger republic without the knowledge of the president, it will be considered that the FG of nigeria has invaded niger republic. The same FG can set an inquiry panel to investigate the issue.

It seems to me you are arguing to win so i think i'll take my leave.
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 10:52am On Jul 20, 2012
torkaka: davechika my friend,theres a difference between IQ and google.

torkaka,pls read this and tell what u have to say.common sense is not common.i deceided to use links to prove to you that u cant comprehend after reading articles,it shouldnt interfere with what u already know.read in between lines and dont ask vague questions to suit ur line of argument next time.

Written by Mohammed Shosanya, Lagos Wednesday, 16 May 2012 05:00
Two witnesses invited by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in the trial of former Director General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Raymond Omatseye, yesterday could not supply the court with convincing evidence in support of the commission’s allegation of criminal conduct slammed on him. Ahmed, an operative of the EFCC and Bulama Jarma, Director, Shipping Development in NIMASA, who testified at the Federal High Court, Lagos failed to link Omatseye who was accused of involvement in contract splitting and money laundering. Ahmed told the court that investigation could not indicate that the accused person benefitted financially from the contracts he allegedly split.

efcc was brought in (FG) to try the DG only and not board.
this small boy called torkaka,after reading u will still come to contradict urself here.

pls pls pls my good friend torkaka,next time ask explicit and not implicit questions,try to leave nothing implied by ur knowledge of certain issues.
Explicitly leave the questions to the person ur asking if not ur doomed in court of law.
i think i like ur die hard attitude though..lol
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by davechika(m): 11:06am On Jul 20, 2012
@ anini binladen (funky id),
am not arguing to win,my arguments is based from his of question during our arguments,he asked asked implict question from onset,u dont have to leave anything implied from ur own knowledge cos i may understand ur question from my own knowledge also.he should have asked EXPLICIT questions from the begining.leave notin implied by you.(cos every body isnt vibrating on same energy and frequency levels). u have rescued him today cos i brought out time wella for him today.i think this my last comment on this.have a nice day Dude anini binladen.(very funky name i guess)
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2012
the kind of graduates nigerian universities are churning out this days! cry
Re: FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 21, 2012
And on that note, #threadclosed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog / God Fatherism: Oyetola Was Installed By "Emperor Tinubu" – Adeoti / Tinubu Appoints Barikor, Amgbare As Heads Of NESREA, NDRBDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.