Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:00 AM

Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show (7214 Views)

D'banj Evicted From Lekki House, Sued Over N60m Debt / Rick Ross Sued For Stage-diving At A Concert: He Crippled Me Says Worker / Rick Ross Sued For Stage Diving On Concert - He Crippled Me, Says The Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by suremic(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2012
[img]http://allhiphop.files./2012/02/20120209-120930.jpg?w=620[/img]

American Rapper Rick Ross has been sued for almost $2 million in damages, by a United Kingdom promotional company over a canceled 2011 concert in Nigeria.

Rick Ross was supposed to headline the 2011 Star Mega Jam concert, which was to take place on December 17, 2011 began to raise questions about his security in Nigeria and finally, on November 10, 2011 the rapper canceled the performance, citing “the violent events in Nigeria.” The lawsuit claims that Rick Ross was supposed to return the $87,500 deposit to Zons P.R., but failed to do so.

The lawsuit claims that Zons P.R. began to negotiate with Rick Ross’s sister Tawanda Roberts, who acts as his manager, on behalf of Rick Ross. Zons P.R. deposited $87,500 into Rick Ross’s account, with the agreement that Rick Ross would execute certain obligations (like promotional drops) prior to the concert, which he never produced.

The company also claims that Rick Ross began to raise questions about his security in Nigeria and finally, on November 10, 2011 the rapper canceled the performance, citing “the violent events in Nigeria.” The lawsuit claims that Rick Ross was supposed to return the $87,500 deposit to Zons P.R., but failed to do so.

Zons P.R. says that when they realized they were not getting their deposit back, they attempted to renegotiate for a future performance, but the rapper refused to comply.
“In truth and in fact the defendant had no intention of returning said deposit,” the lawsuit reads. “To date no part of the deposit has been returned.”

http://typicalnaija.com/news-rapper-rick-ross-sued-over-cancelled-nigerian-show/
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by suyu: 7:41pm On Jul 18, 2012
suremic: American Rapper Rick Ross has been sued for almost $2 million in damages, by a United Kingdom promotional company over a canceled 2011 concert in Nigeria.

Rick Ross was supposed to headline the 2011 Star Mega Jam concert, which was to take place on December 17, 2011 began to raise questions about his security in Nigeria and finally, on November 10, 2011 the rapper canceled the performance, citing “the violent events in Nigeria.” The lawsuit claims that Rick Ross was supposed to return the $87,500 deposit to Zons P.R., but failed to do so.

The lawsuit claims that Zons P.R. began to negotiate with Rick Ross’s sister Tawanda Roberts, who acts as his manager, on behalf of Rick Ross. Zons P.R. deposited $87,500 into Rick Ross’s account, with the agreement that Rick Ross would execute certain obligations (like promotional drops) prior to the concert, which he never produced.

The company also claims that Rick Ross began to raise questions about his security in Nigeria and finally, on November 10, 2011 the rapper canceled the performance, citing “the violent events in Nigeria.” The lawsuit claims that Rick Ross was supposed to return the $87,500 deposit to Zons P.R., but failed to do so.

why is this a surprise naija sha abeg
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2012
The guy don carry the money buy aston martin...and dont be surprised if he doesnt show up in court

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by Honeycity(f): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2012
and how does that reduce the price of cassava bread in the market grin
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
everybody dey run from naija

nas did the same

they all learnt from whatshername(i keep breathing) who came for the october 1 bomb blast celebrations
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by nwanioma(f): 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by Freiburger(m): 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2012
I can't understand why these rappers are acting this way. Rapper Nas did the same to an Angolan promoter last December after recieving close to $300k, blaming his failure to show up also on security reasons.
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I can only laugh at this
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by maclatunji: 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
binger: The guy don carry the money buy aston martin...and dont be surprised if he doesnt show up in court

I wouldn't go looking to employ/contract a guy that says "I'm the boss!"

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by gambolala: 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
Hahahahahahahaha.so rick ross dey fear boko haram?guess boko haram is the real BOSS.shebi rick ross na illuminate?y he con dey fear to die?na wa ooo.smh
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by Freiburger(m): 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
maclatunji:

I wouldn't go looking to employ/contract a guy that says "I'm the boss!"
lol grin grin grin
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by dasparrow: 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
@Post

Good! I blame Nigerians who ignorantly rush to go and buy tickets to watch all these american rappers perform. Many of us who live in their country don't even patronize them. Our people fail to realize that they (american artists) charge Africans living in Africa more money for their concert tickets than they charge in their home country of america.

In addition, this is not the first time nor the second time nor the third time I am hearing of black american music artists paid to perform somewhere in Africa and them not showing up or refunding the money. Nas pulled the same crap in some southern African country (I think it was zimbabwe or somewhere like that) where show promoters paid him money upfront and he pocketed it and did not perform. They ended up holding a person from Nas' camp hostage (I think it was one of Nas' managers, I can't quite remember)until he returned the money.

We Africans just never learn. We continue to allow akata entertainers dupe us. Thank God I don't waste my money on such frivolties like going to see american artists perform even though I can afford it. I will rather give the money to charity instead.

3 Likes

Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by ossaisly(m): 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
I wonder what song he would have sang to the crowd and the crowd would cheer him. Anyway,I pray he pays coz Africans are not taken seriously.
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by gregg2: 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2012
Same thing he did to Calabar Carnival.
This Ricky Rossy sef.
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by duni04(m): 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
I hate rappers and all but I'll go wit ricki on dis one. That deposit was non-refundable and those shoddy nigerian promoters in the UK are just angry he didn't renegotiate. Nigerians are phoney and shoddy people whether in the UK or Nigeria itself.
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by ebamma(m): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
rick rozay my nigga no show naija make bokoharam no send u 6 feet under.

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2012
I hate dis guy! Everytime u see him doing the Baphomet horn sign with his fingers! Mtscheeew!see as e be like Oliver d'coque.
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by ebamma(m): 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2012
that's just to show u that gangsters are braggarts,terrorists na action boys
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by wirewire(m): 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2012
What the hell is he coming to do in niaja and who d Bleep hell is rick ross. Mttccchhheeewwwwww, is there no other better and clean rapper than this fat smelling fool.
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by LesbianBoy(m): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2012
*sings in rick ross voice*

They say i should COME perform in Nigeria..................(''HUH''!)

but i they fear boko haram...........(''WHOOOOOOO!'') lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by slimming: 6:04pm On Jul 19, 2012
This musician is very rich, he can pay.
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by ask4double(m): 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
wirewire: What the hell is he coming to do in niaja and who d Bleep hell is rick ross. Mttccchhheeewwwwww, is there no other better and clean rapper than this fat smelling fool.
how do u know if he smells? Yeye! Am sure the money he spends on colon alone will keep u going ur entire life. Ediota!!!
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by Respectwomen(m): 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ricky Ross i thought you were a Gangster what happen you afraid of little boko haram,gangsters are not afraid of anybody. These Americans Rappers are a joke,every rapper in America is a gangster but are afraid of beig dead.
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
wetin BH dey cause
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by airbender(m): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2012
He can tripple the money if they want... m..may..maybach music
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by Ekumazzy(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
So that Big fat black pig of a boy is even suffering from poverty chai hear him calling himself the boss. I Just Hope that he will use the money and shave that bush were bugs full.
Re: Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show by amosy007: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2012
Thanks to boko haram and religion of pis Smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Candid Photos: Nadia Buari And Mum Are Best Friends / Actress Chika Ike Exposed With A Man In Hotel Room / Classiest Nigerian Actresses!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.