Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,362 members, 7,920,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 04:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (311394 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 12:13am On Nov 29, 2012
Yvete: URGENT!! Has anyone been able to make SEVIS payment within the US?

They wont let me do it over the phone. There's no place I've not been to since last night. I've called the silly western union customer service guys 6 times today and they are clueless. PLEASE HELP!

Mail in a money order, def should work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 12:15am On Nov 29, 2012
Yvete: @Sealord & Chitown I called SEVIS people and they said that money order takes 2 weeks to process. The interview is next week.

Is anyone going to Cotonou this week? Can i get the Bank information and the WU Agent there? I don't mind sending the money over there. Sorry im asking a million questions cos I desperately to get this done today. This is ridiculous!

Has anyone paid their SEVIS fee from the UK?

Mine took 3 days after I paid so I dunno what those SEVIS ppl are talking about. . . As long as payment shows processing on the website, embassy would accept
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 12:55am On Nov 29, 2012
seedord247:

This is how you guys create room for scam..... why cant you go thru part 1&2 of this threead ..... Too me US student Visa is the cheapest and easiest of all Visa. grin sad

You are right my brother...I wonder why people cant just create 2 days to read from part 1 & 2....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 1:36am On Nov 29, 2012
dnpasion:

Mine was paid via cashier check and i printed out my online sevis receipt 2days after the payment was made, Try to make use of cashier check.

@yvete you can see the guy[b](dnpasion)[/b] above testified the same for cashier's check its only 2 days...so dont waste time anymore
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 7:41am On Nov 29, 2012
Adolite:

You are right my brother...I wonder why people cant just create 2 days to read from part 1 & 2....
it takes more than 2days bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:53am On Nov 29, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2012
Yvete: URGENT!! Has anyone been able to make SEVIS payment within the US?

They wont let me do it over the phone. There's no place I've not been to since last night. I've called the silly western union customer service guys 6 times today and they are clueless. PLEASE HELP!

Damn! I got this late because I didn't check on NL for hours. I did 4 hours ago for a friend who sent money to me today through western union from Tbilisi, Georgia Republic. I went to supersave where did the first one and it was so easy because all the info I entered for the first one in April popped up and we did edit and send the money.... within 5 minutes done.

If you are still encountering this problem today(Thursday) you can send me the money($209) and I get it done for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 9:52am On Nov 29, 2012
Hi, my sch. requested for translated copy of academic records/ transcript and WES is recommended.
I only have Secondary Education.WES do request for WAEC only for this category.
I have mailed WES since Monday but no response yet.pls advise on how to get my transcript translated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mikejnr1011: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2012
Hi everyone,this is my first time using this thread, thank baba God i got my visa approved last wk despite d fact dat I did not write any test(gmat or gre). The v.o asked me 4 d test buh I tried 2 explain 2 him as much as I could, besides dat I got two questions wrong; the V.O asked me my dad's occupation, what I told him was slightly different 4rm what it is on my dad's data base on their system buh trust me I twisted my answer. I guess it was luck. Spring Resumption on my mind. Thanks every1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 10:20am On Nov 29, 2012
beambor1: he asked 4 my gre report, sorry i forgot to include that

Double Congratulations Beambor.
1st because you got a full tuition waiver for Spring admission for that matter smiley

2nd, you got the visa.

Now, please, can you tell me what your GRE score is? & dyu mind sharing with the house the name of your school? If you wish to keep it confidential (though, frankly i see no reason too), then please send me a PM. Thanks.

All the best in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 29, 2012
imperiouxx:

Damn! I got this late because I didn't check on NL for hours. I did 4 hours ago for a friend who sent money to me today through western union from Tbilisi, Georgia Republic. I went to supersave where did the first one and it was so easy because all the info I entered for the first one in April popped up and we did edit and send the money.... within 5 minutes done.

If you are still encountering this problem today(Thursday) you can send me the money($209) and I get it done for you.

Pls keep that link open, I can see my brother and I going to Contonu.Thanks for being there!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2012
mikejnr1011: Hi everyone,this is my first time using this thread, thank baba God i got my visa approved last wk despite d fact dat I did not write any test(gmat or gre). The v.o asked me 4 d test buh I tried 2 explain 2 him as much as I could, besides dat I got two questions wrong; the V.O asked me my dad's occupation, what I told him was slightly different 4rm what it is on my dad's data base on their system buh trust me I twisted my answer. I guess it was luck. Spring Resumption on my mind. Thanks every1

Congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 10:58am On Nov 29, 2012
@talk2D, u'll go to waec office, apply for your transcript and give them WES address so they can send it to them. There are some documents waec expects u to bring before they can process ur transcript, so go to waec front desk and get a list of the documents before u apply for the transcript. When WES receive ur documents, dey'll translate/evaluate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 11:35am On Nov 29, 2012
Yvete: I sent a cashier's check via USPS Express mail tonight at the kiosk outside. Delivery before friday noon. Thanks Yall.

DISCLAIMER: Informational draft. I may be wrong so you don't have to agree with my suggestion. All the best.

SAMPLE........The MS degree will open doors for professional advancement in Economic Policy institutions in Nigeria(like CBN, FMF). Coursework in Intl Economics and Finance will equip me with me the right skills to analyze sustainable economic reforms to overcome Nigeria's economic challenges, reduce poverty, improve living conditions and promote development on an International scale..........

Extra Note:
I believe that Nigeria is weakly integrated in the global economy because of our dependence on natural resources and failure to create policies to become competitive trading partners in international economic activities. Basically, the impact of globalization shaped my mindset to think globally. (If you're not vast with sustainability & development, create something you're familiar with like trade policy)

Why XYZ?
...... Its graduate faculty is well reputed in its research on international economics, trade & finance, and have published journals for "(--Do your homework here; Go to your department homepage, select 1-2 professors and take note of any journal publications). Be ready to drop some names and talk about their research, if need be.

Thread carefully & avoid ambiguity! Please know what you're talking about cos' most Diplomats are usually Pol Sci., Intl. Relations, Economics or Psychology majors.
Yvete, I have a job position for you. . . . Your good cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 11:38am On Nov 29, 2012
mikejnr1011: Hi everyone,this is my first time using this thread, thank baba God i got my visa approved last wk despite d fact dat I did not write any test(gmat or gre). The v.o asked me 4 d test buh I tried 2 explain 2 him as much as I could, besides dat I got two questions wrong; the V.O asked me my dad's occupation, what I told him was slightly different 4rm what it is on my dad's data base on their system buh trust me I twisted my answer. I guess it was luck. Spring Resumption on my mind. Thanks every1

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 11:53am On Nov 29, 2012
Snazzygirl: @talk2D, u'll go to waec office, apply for your transcript and give them WES address so they can send it to them. There are some documents waec expects u to bring before they can process ur transcript, so go to waec front desk and get a list of the documents before u apply for the transcript. When WES receive ur documents, dey'll translate/evaluate.
Thank you so much.I will visit WAEC office now.Do you know what type of evaluation, i need to apply for? Document by Document or Course by course for this(secondary education) category.
Once again thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kaycome: 11:53am On Nov 29, 2012
pl kindly share ur experience wit us
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2012
Snazzygirl: @talk2D, u'll go to waec office, apply for your transcript and give them WES address so they can send it to them. There are some documents waec expects u to bring before they can process ur transcript, so go to waec front desk and get a list of the documents before u apply for the transcript. When WES receive ur documents, dey'll translate/evaluate.
I think u can send ur copy of ur certificate from waec , that's if u have it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drslip: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2012
Hey Nairalanders was at abuja embassy 2day for my F1 visa interview.
This is how it went
VO: Goodmorning
Me: Goodmornin ma
VO: pass me ya docs
Me: Here ma..
Then she started typing to check my sevis status
VO: Oh i can see ya sevis is reflecting so we can go on with ya interview
Me: OK ma
VO: So yu gonna study
Me: Yes at Miss state university
And then she started staring at me and smiling and am thinking"Common ask me Question'
When i saw she wasn't asking i started talking
Me: I choose to study @ Miss st uni cos its MPH prog will provide me with an international perspective of public health practice tru its short term faculty led study away program while taking the course 'Tropical pub Health for International health workers'
Also MSU presents some outstanding public health facilities such as its ozarks pub health institute and...(Cuts in)
VO: so how many schools did yu apply 2
Me: 3
VO: name dem
Me: MSU,wCU and eCU
VO: how many admits..
Me: 2 admits and 1 pending
VO: OH! 1 pending okay..
Me: yea
VO: What did you study @ UG
Me: Dentistry
Vo: Oh you did dentistry so how is Pub health gonna help yu
Me: My career goals are geared towards utilising a community based approach to solving health problems of a diverse population in contrast to a clinical or individualistic approach.
VO: hmmmm and nods..
VO: so whose gonna be paying 4 ya school
Me: my mom
VO: ‎​Шǻτ does she do?
Me: bla bla bla
VO: are yu the only child?
ME: am the only son
VO: Oh! I see ya mom is gonna wanna spend a lot on you
Me: yea..hehehehheeeeh( #laughing#)
VO: Will she be sponsoring your sistas?
Me: Well mayb i dunno her plans for now
Vo: promise me you gonna sponsor them
Me: okay ma
Then she started typing 4 say 2mins. Then she goes bac to her mic
Vo: promise me you gonna sponsor ya sisters too that's our deal hmm
Me: yea ma..heheheheheeheh(#laughin#)
VO: okay you gonna pick up ya visa on monday and hands ova som slip.
Me: thank you ma....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2012
@talk2D, I think document by document evaluation is ok for high school credentials. Am not sure tho, so confirm with the school u will be applying to.

@ollydon, I don't think that will work for WES evaluation as they are quite particular about instituitons/organisations sending transcripts directly to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2012
dr.slip:
This is how it went
And then she started staring at me and smiling and am thinking"Common ask me Question'
Me: I choose to study @ Miss st uni cos its MPH prog will provide me with an international perspective of public health practice tru its short term faculty led study away program while taking the course 'Tropical pub Health for International health workers'
Also MSU presents some outstanding public health facilities such as its ozarks pub health institute and...(Cuts in)
Me: My career goals are geared towards utilising a community based approach to solving health problems of a diverse population in contrast to a clinical or individualistic approach.

Congrats!No standardized tests? Or those did not come up?

I'm thrilled, in my own case it will be my elder brother and I made a deal, if I sponsor our younger bros and sisters thru Ug, he will do the same for me when he has risen. This is the case now only am going for Ms.I had to squeeze myself to start my undergra and will round off next March.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yankdreamer: 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2012
Congrats..
dr.slip:
This is how it went
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2012
dr.slip:
This is how it went
Dis is the Gods favor, I know u abi, oh mr lawal, lol padi me ThankGod o, oya make we dey go missouri togeda! Allamdulilah
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2012
dr.slip:
This is how it went

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:25pm On Nov 29, 2012
kpolli:
Yvete, I have a job position for you. . . . Your good cheesy

Haha! Mucho dinero ... If money is involved, Heck yea! grin

imperiouxx:

sad awwww .. would have saved me some good money. Wanted to inbox you on Facebook, but I assumed that it can't be done over here. Anyways, I need a movie (a good one this time).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2012
dr.slip:

You must be so handsome that she starred and smiled as you worked your magic. Lol cheesy cheesy #Charmer ... Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mckenziiii: 10:22pm On Nov 29, 2012
@ yvete tanx 4 ur response d comments r very okay 4 mi I appreciate tanxx one more time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drslip: 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2012
Yvete:

You must be so handsome that she starred and smiled as you worked your magic. Lol cheesy cheesy #Charmer ... Congrats!
@ Yvete handsome keh!! Na God put charm 4 my face...actually her 1st Q was 'How old are you'? And den she said 'U wanna study' and started starin and smillin...i no go lie yu i confuse small..
@ Ronald2g1 my real Gee yu knw were we headin to ryt..its in the Midwest...bounded by Iowa, Arkansas,Nebraska, okhlahoma, kansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois..Heheheheehe...Lets go der...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:38pm On Nov 29, 2012
dr.slip:
This is how it went
Hahaha! Boy, I'm s̶̲̥̅̊o loving this. You sure did have a nice time at the embassy today. I guess you have a lovable personality...congratulobia!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2012
dr.slip:
This is how it went

Congrats mehn ur answers were awesome!!! wishing u the very best in ur studies here...just bring agbo jedi come for me abi na alabukun or na opaa eyin grin grin grin[b] [/b]grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by CEEJAY1: 12:56am On Nov 30, 2012
Just wise i can seem to find my answer in the link. Do you have any idea? What are the things i need to do to get admission in any university in USA. Do you know how much their fees is or how much it will cost for one to go for masters program there. I have a brother there, is this an advantage?

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.