Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,431 members, 7,940,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 09:58 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (311830 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
why u dey fear no dey fear try study wella so that if the vo dey ask u question u no go Bleep up thats all if u go dey shake for vo face na him be say na Bleep up be that o.......................

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
a

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by zerocool(m): 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
shoggie: Glory be to God in the highest place. I was denied an F1 Visa today.
I was happy atleast that I fought a good fight of faith up till now after four sucessive rescheduling of my
Visa interview since the first time I booked my interview in November.

My second appreciation goes to everyone on this blog who has been contributing immensely for intended aspirants.
My special unmitigated enthusiasm goes to imperiouxx, nairaspace, walex, Yvete, mammacita etc for their PAINSTAKING effort on everybody from my day one on this blog.
I am dauntless & not in anyway pessimistic.
But to aspirants & the gurus, it is another time to learn from each other.
Here goes my Interview at 10:45, Abuja:
VO : Good morning ( he denied every living person I witnessed except one husband & wife that came for renewal)
Me : Good morning Sir ( I grinned as usualto cool tempo)
VO : Pass me your documents
VO : Sorry, please give some minutes I will be back in a moment.
Me : Calm, waited for like two minutes not even thinking about anything.
Vo : hello, how did you learn about the school?
Me : I dowloaded the best 200 universities based on US News report on university ranking & I used internet to search for those that suite my profile.
VO : Nodded
VO : So you are going for Masters in Bleep course.
Me : Yes
VO : So you what will Bleep course do for you.
Me : I love lecturing, I worked hard to graduate as the best students from my department because I wil like to work as a lecurer in any of our best universities & will also like to work as a research consultant to some of our research institutes since most of them are affiliated to our National universities.
VO : Pass me your statement of Accounts
Me : Passed
VO : He glanced through each page & Keep murmuriing sth about $77,000 on my I-20 which was the money I submitted to my school before my I-20 was issued.(possibly he mistaken it for $36, 400 for tution fee on my I-20 as well)
Me : I stayed calm, confidence & a bit indifference since I have 18million plus on the statement of account
VO : Is it only the family type who is sponsoring your study. He asked sth on this twice
Me : Yes, My brother. He failed to ask about what he does. I was waiting for him to ask me about what he does but he failed to do so.
VO : Have you travelled outside Nigeria before
Me : No

VO : Continuing typing & suddenly said your Visa is denied because your family type shows insufficient fund & that I may reapply at any time.
Me : Thank you Sir.
Am happy for one singular reason, I did not lose courage & not too bothered about whether he was going to approve or deny.
Observation : The other lady in window 6 issued almost everybody (9:1 if not 100%), even those going to community colleges, infact, she approved two guys who have graduated since 2006, No SAT or TOEFL but one kind diploma certificates.She was just too happy that we all of us knew that whosoever fortunate to meet her has already got his/her Visa approved.
I had so much time to count the number of applicants'passport on his desk who he has granted Visa,around ten but less than 15 since morning oh!Throughout my time there, he did not issued anybody visa except the couple who came for renewal.
Those going to Abuja, pray against window 7 guy, he is a saddist, too reluctant to issued Visa as if we were goig to US to steal his hard earning dollars.

The bolded might have changed his mind to approve your visa. Thing is, when they start typing, they are typing the reason why you can't be issued already, even before they officially verbally tell you that you have been denied. He just used that question to buttress his point on their database for the reason he denied you, and having no travel experience was part of it, so the next VO to interview you, will know what and what to look out for and ask. The assistant consular general of the US embassy in Nigeria, said the same thing in a media chat late last year that most Nigerians are denied solely based on the fact that they don't have any travel experience. Wait a while before re-applying ..possibly a year or two.. make your circumstances change, try to travel to a country during that period, SA, UAE or UK.. blah blah..and re-apply, you will definitely be issued, except you bleep it up yourself again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 12:36am On Jan 11, 2013
zerocool:

The bolded might have changed his mind to approve your visa. Thing is, when they start typing, they are typing the reason why you can't be issued already, even before they officially verbally tell you that you have been denied. He just used that question to buttress his point on their database for the reason he denied you, and having no travel experience was part of it, so the next VO to interview you, will know what and what to look out for and ask. The assistant consular general of the US embassy in Nigeria, said the same thing in a media chat late last year that most Nigerians are denied solely based on the fact that they don't have any travel experience. Wait a while before re-applying ..possibly a year or two.. make your circumstances change, try to travel to a country during that period, SA, UAE or UK.. blah blah..and re-apply, you will definitely be issued, except you bleep it up yourself again.

That may be true because on checking the letter he gave now apart from comment on statement of account he stated this also "You may reapply if you have additional evidence to demonstrate compelling reasons to depart the United states that you did not present today, you may wish to bring that with you." But it is peculiar to most of the students issued by the other lady because they also affirmed that they never travelled before & were granted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 1:16am On Jan 11, 2013
zerocool:

WRONG advise....Embassy doesnt denied a genuine F1 applicant's because of travel experience.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by zerocool(m): 1:20am On Jan 11, 2013
shoggie:

That may be true because on checking the letter he gave now apart from comment on statement of account he stated this also "You may reapply if you have additional evidence to demonstrate compelling reasons to depart the United states that you did not present today, you may wish to bring that with you." But it is peculiar to most of the students issued by the other lady because they also affirmed that they never travelled before & were granted.

That woman issuing so many visas was just a case of luck, mood and God on that day. That same woman can deny every student applicant on another particular day. The guy who interviewed you, is just how a typical US consular officer in Nigeria behaves. You sit down there before your interview and everybody before your turn get denied, except maybe a lucky few.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by zerocool(m): 1:35am On Jan 11, 2013
Adolite:

WRONG advise....Embassy doesnt denied a genuine F1 applicant's because of travel experience.

I don't know if they changed the rule, but the US visa denial letter I know about, usually states that you allow 6 months and make sure your circumstances have changed before re-applying. Even if they have stopped including that clause in their letter now (maybe to increase number of applicants and indirectly amount of money they garner from applicants), but it is always advisable to really make your circumstance change before re-applying. Desperation and re-applying ASAP for another interview will only spell doom and you will be seen as an INTENDING IMMIGRANT. Anything can happen though, and you might be lucky and be approved, but giving them that notion that you are an intending IMMIGRANT and not a NON-IMMIGRANT (F-1 Visa applicant) usually annoy them, and an example is re-applying as soon as you are denied.

Check this out. Nobody knows everything but with right information, you have the power to conquer a whole lot in life. I am a blogger and read a lot of things, (some juice and some crap) and I make use of the information I have to empower myself intellectually and tactically.

Ignorance is a disease, my friend

#2Reasons: Why Nigerians get their visa applications denied – US Consulate

The United States Consulate on Tuesday said the reason many visa applicants get their applications rejected is because they are yet to visit other countries.

The vice-consul, US Consulate, Christopher Richardson said this while speaking at a program tagged, ‘American Visa Regime: the role of lawyers’ organised by the Immigration Lawyers Forum (ILF) in Lagos.

“The majority of the visa applicants prefer the US as their first outing. This creates doubt, especially when the applicant has not visited any other countries before,” he said.

Richardson also said applicants were also rejected visas because of the kind of answers they give to test questions during interviews.

He reportedly said, “When a question, such as ‘do you have a relation in the US?’ Most often, they are quick to say ‘yes’, which of course, is in order.

“Such an answer creates doubt that since the person has a relation, there is every tendency that the person may not want to come back. So visas can be rejected on that ground.”

Titus Ajijola, the ILAF chairman said the seminar was designed to enhance the protection of migrant rights.

“Key strategies of the project are awareness raising, knowledge and skills improvement on the rules, as well as rights and obligations of migrants to encourage respect for the rights of migrants,” he said.

He said ILAF was designed to educate the general public on immigration matters.

http://www.ynaija.com/2reasons-why-nigerians-get-their-visa-applications-denied-us-consulate/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:01am On Jan 11, 2013
zerocool:

I don't know if they changed the rule, but the US visa denial letter I know about, usually states that you allow 6 months and make sure your circumstances have changed before re-applying. Even if they have stopped including that clause in their letter now (maybe to increase number of applicants and indirectly amount of money they garner from applicants), but it is always advisable to really make your circumstance change before re-applying. Desperation and re-applying ASAP for another interview will only spell doom and you will be seen as an INTENDING IMMIGRANT. Anything can happen though, and you might be lucky and be approved, but giving them that notion that you are an intending IMMIGRANT and not a NON-IMMIGRANT (F-1 Visa applicant) usually annoy them, and an example is re-applying as soon as you are denied.

Check this out. Nobody knows everything but with right information, you have the power to conquer a whole lot in life. I am a blogger and read a lot of things, (some juice and some crap) and I make use of the information I have to empower myself intellectually and tactically.

Zerocool, US visa is a different game now, you need to stick to recent activities in the US embassy to know how it works. What they advised or said isn't what they practice in the embassy or might be a bit way off. I've never traveled out of Nigeria when I got denied and 13 days after still never left Nigeria and I got it approved. My approval might even be too old, someone in Dec 2012 got his approved after first denial within 10 days. You said you and your friend applied when in first year and got denied, then you went after your first for a graduate study and got it, that's it, success rate of graduate study is higher than undergraduate and that's still applicable till now.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 2:03am On Jan 11, 2013
zerocool:

[b]I don't know if they changed the rule, but the US visa denial letter I know about, usually states that you allow 6 months and make sure your circumstances have changed before re-applying. Even if they have stopped including that clause in their letter now (maybe to increase number of applicants and indirectly amount of money they garner from applicants), but it is always advisable to really make your circumstance change before re-applying. Desperation and re-applying ASAP for another interview will only spell doom and you will be seen as an INTENDING IMMIGRANT. Anything can happen though, and you might be lucky and be approved, but giving them that notion that you are an intending IMMIGRANT and not a NON-IMMIGRANT (F-1 Visa applicant) usually annoy them, and an example is re-applying as soon as you are denied.

[/b]

#2Reasons: Why Nigerians get their visa applications denied – US Consulate

The United States Consulate on Tuesday said the reason many visa applicants get their applications rejected is because they are yet to visit other countries.

The vice-consul, US Consulate, Christopher Richardson said this while speaking at a program tagged, ‘American Visa Regime: the role of lawyers’ organised by the Immigration Lawyers Forum (ILF) in Lagos.

“The majority of the visa applicants prefer the US as their first outing. This creates doubt, especially when the applicant has not visited any other countries before,” he said.

Richardson also said applicants were also rejected visas because of the kind of answers they give to test questions during interviews.

He reportedly said, “When a question, such as ‘do you have a relation in the US?’ Most often, they are quick to say ‘yes’, which of course, is in order.

“Such an answer creates doubt that since the person has a relation, there is every tendency that the person may not want to come back. So visas can be rejected on that ground.”

Titus Ajijola, the ILAF chairman said the seminar was designed to enhance the protection of migrant rights.

“Key strategies of the project are awareness raising, knowledge and skills improvement on the rules, as well as rights and obligations of migrants to encourage respect for the rights of migrants,” he said.

He said ILAF was designed to educate the general public on immigration matters.

http://www.ynaija.com/2reasons-why-nigerians-get-their-visa-applications-denied-us-consulate/

All this na story story.....Imperiouxxx was granted visa a week after he was denied, many like that, even me , I was denied 3 times before i was given....all you need is to settle down your mind and work on your flop's

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by zerocool(m): 2:10am On Jan 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

Zerocool, US visa is a different game now, you need to stick to recent activities in the US embassy to know how it works. What they advised or said isn't what they practise in the embassy. I've never traveled out of Nigeria when I got denied and 13 days after still never left Nigeria and I got it approved. My approval might even be too old, someone in Dec got his approved after prior denial within 10 days.

Imperriouxx, I know your case and I know of a friend that wanted to follow your footstep and got denied 4 record times in 2012. Well, as far as i know anyone applying to the US embassy in a year, he had the highest count. He arrived Australia this month for studies and we all know how hard it is securing an Australian visa. It took him 4 months, but he did.

Anyway, my advice to any applicant is, to increase your chances, do not re-apply immediately you are denied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by zerocool(m): 2:13am On Jan 11, 2013
Adolite:

All this na story story.....Imperiouxxx was granted visa a week after he was denied, many like that, even me , I was denied 3 times before i was given....all you need is to settle down your mind and work on your flop's

Just one question, so everyone can be informed.... from the time you were first denied (plus the 3 consecutive denials), till the day you eventually got it.. How long did it take?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by zerocool(m): 2:21am On Jan 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

Zerocool, US visa is a different game now, you need to stick to recent activities in the US embassy to know how it works. What they advised or said isn't what they practice in the embassy or might be a bit way off. I've never traveled out of Nigeria when I got denied and 13 days after still never left Nigeria and I got it approved. My approval might even be too old, someone in Dec 2012 got his approved after first denial within 10 days. You said you and your friend applied when in first year and got denied, then you went after your first for a graduate study and got it, that's it, success rate of graduate study is higher than undergraduate and that's still applicable till now.

The visa interview and eventual issuance system is like a prognosis system, i.e good prognosis and bad prognosis. It is not ABSOLUTE and there are no fast rules..only that there are some factors that INCREASES YOUR CHANCES. Simple. We know somethings are good prognosis and others are bad prognosis for getting a visa. For instance, presenting a bank statement of another person who is not a relative is bad prognosis, and same also applies to the fact that you have not travelled to other countries like the vice consular officer mentioned.

You think the recent applicant that just got denied above was asked that question about if he had travelled to other countries before, for just asking sake and it didnt matter?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 2:22am On Jan 11, 2013
shoggie: Glory be to God in the highest place. I was denied an F1 Visa today.
I was happy atleast that I fought a good fight of faith up till now after four sucessive rescheduling of my
Visa interview since the first time I booked my interview in November.

My second appreciation goes to everyone on this blog who has been contributing immensely for intended aspirants.
My special unmitigated enthusiasm goes to imperiouxx, nairaspace, walex, Yvete, mammacita etc for their PAINSTAKING effort on everybody from my day one on this blog.
I am dauntless & not in anyway pessimistic.
But to aspirants & the gurus, it is another time to learn from each other.
Here goes my Interview at 10:45, Abuja:
VO : Good morning ( he denied every living person I witnessed except one husband & wife that came for renewal)
Me : Good morning Sir ( I grinned as usualto cool tempo)
VO : Pass me your documents
VO : Sorry, please give some minutes I will be back in a moment.
Me : Calm, waited for like two minutes not even thinking about anything.
Vo : hello, how did you learn about the school?
Me : I dowloaded the best 200 universities based on US News report on university ranking & I used internet to search for those that suite my profile.
VO : So you are going for Masters in Bleep course.
Me : Yes
VO : So you what will Bleep course do for you.
Me : I love lecturing, I worked hard to graduate as the best students from my department because I wil like to work as a lecurer in any of our best universities & will also like to work as a research consultant to some of our research institutes since most of them are affiliated to our National universities.
VO : Pass me your statement of Accounts
Me : Passed
VO : He glanced through each page & Keep murmuriing sth about $77,000 on my I-20 which was the money I submitted to my school before my I-20 was issued.(possibly he mistaken it for $36, 400 for tution fee on my I-20 as well)
Me : I stayed calm, confidence & a bit indifference since I have 18million plus on the statement of account
VO : Is it only the family type who is sponsoring your study. He asked sth on this twice
Me : Yes, My brother. He failed to ask about what he does. I was waiting for him to ask me about what he does but he failed to do so.
VO : Have you travelled outside Nigeria before
Me : No
VO : Continuing typing & suddenly said your Visa is denied because your family type shows insufficient fund & that I may reapply at any time.
Me : Thank you Sir.
Am happy for one singular reason, I did not lose courage & not too bothered about whether he was going to approve or deny.
Observation : The other lady in window 6 issued almost everybody (9:1 if not 100%), even those going to community colleges, infact, she approved two guys who have graduated since 2006, No SAT or TOEFL but one kind diploma certificates.She was just too happy that we all of us knew that whosoever fortunate to meet her has already got his/her Visa approved.
I had so much time to count the number of applicants'passport on his desk who he has granted Visa,around ten but less than 15 since morning oh!Throughout my time there, he did not issued anybody visa except the couple who came for renewal.
Those going to Abuja, pray against window 7 guy, he is a saddist, too reluctant to issued Visa as if we were goig to US to steal his hard earning dollars.
So sorry Bro but just as Imperiouxx and Yvete has advised, relax, Contact your school and work on the sponsor's statement of account...don't give up and don't worry there's a visa definitely waiting for you at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 2:27am On Jan 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

So those with VIU admission paid that sum too? grin Na wa o, VIU sef dey try sha, na dem dey collect the money for SAT/TOEFL. What a good market strategy. grin
VIU! VIU!! VIU!!!, yes ooo, my country people, another chance to better your life don come oooo....and this time the game show is VIUUUUUUU...uhmmmm...with just $150 pere, your life fit turn around forever ooo, I-20s dey brekete, na just one time application, one time payment of $150 and your admission is sure....abeg my young enthusiastic, talented and motivated Nigerian graduates....offer go close soon ooo...rush and get your VIU I-20 NOWWWWWWWWW! grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by zerocool(m): 2:29am On Jan 11, 2013
walex57:
VIU! VIU!! VIU!!!, yes ooo, my country people, another chance to better your life don come oooo....and this time the game show is VIUUUUUUU...uhmmmm...with just $150 pere, your life fit turn around forever ooo, I-20s dey brekete, na just one time application, one time payment of $150 and your admission is sure....abeg my young enthusiastic, talented and motivated Nigerian graduates....offer go close soon ooo...rush and getjavascript:void(0); your VIU I-20 NOWWWWWWWWW! grin grin grin grin

Looks like a blockbuster Nollywood movie ad.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 2:51am On Jan 11, 2013
zerocool:

Which kin advise be this my brother, He wasn't denied based on travel experience just as adolite and imperiouxx has said, I also was issued my visa the first time i ever applied at one attempt and i had no travel experience prior to that, Is a Visa not just an entry document to allow an individual gain entrance upon travel to a country?....infact the moment you arrive the USA, your Visa is the least important of your documents,...Visa issuance is based on genuity and for some others luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 3:58am On Jan 11, 2013
zerocool:

Just one question, so everyone can be informed.... from the time you were first denied (plus the 3 consecutive denials), till the day you eventually got it.. How long did it take?

So what would you say abt someone with absolutely no travel experience who went to the embassy four times within a span of three months and is presently in the US??

Now I have a lot of friends with similar testimonies.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by geodarmy: 4:51am On Jan 11, 2013
Square65:

So what would you say abt someone with absolutely no travel experience who went to the embassy four times within a span of three months and is presently in the US??

Now I have a lot of friends with similar testimonies.

I tell people always that F-1 Visa is different from all other categories of Visa. Who cares about your travel experience? Putting GOD first, getting into a very good university and preparing so hard for the interview is the key. I hope you all can remember part 1 of this thread when the likes of Djunit, Bomny and OjaP got their visa within first week of denial even without travel experience.

I could vividly remember that OjaP was denied on a wednesday and went for another interview on Monday (2business days after)and got the Visa.

Bomny and Djunit got it within a week too.

So what's the -ish?

God and preparatin is just the key.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 5:05am On Jan 11, 2013
zerocool:

1st and 2nd, i wasn't prepared but third time i was so prepared but i wasn't lucky that day because over too know...but the fourth time i was so lucky even my case was treated special for about 12 mins"imagine" but she got no choice than to give me,above all i was so lucky..lol...here i am today, i know it worth all the stress if truly you wanna study. 1st,2nd was the same year and 3rd,fourth was also the same year..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by spikesC(m): 5:40am On Jan 11, 2013
Am actually still looking for uni....already got admission in a UK Uni but just wanna keep searching for others.

Do you guys know any US univ. (Texas) that offers B.ENG in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I haven't even found one single one, all i found were
B.S electrical engineering.

Again, what of anyone for UK that is low cost. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 6:04am On Jan 11, 2013
spikes C: Am actually still looking for uni....already got admission in a UK Uni but just wanna keep searching for others.

Do you guys know any US univ. (Texas) that offers B.ENG in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I haven't even found one single one, all i found were

Do your search very well, try petersons.com ,collegeboard.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:02am On Jan 11, 2013
spikes C: Am actually still looking for uni....already got admission in a UK Uni but just wanna keep searching for others.

Most US colleges don't offer B.Eng, as it is done in Nigeria. It is usually BS and equivalent to a B.Eng. Second, Electrical/Electronics as you know it in Nigeria is normally, in the US, Electrical and Computer Engineering/Electrical and Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or any of its variants. It is all the same. In my undergraduate university, UNN, Electrical and Electronics Engineering are even two separate departments on their own.
Just simply look for prospective schools that offers the course in any of its variants - it is the same thing. In addition, there are more factors to consider when selecting prospective schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:30am On Jan 11, 2013
Adolite: 1st and 2nd, i wasn't prepared but third time i was so prepared but i wasn't lucky that day because over too know cheesy cheesy...but the fourth time i was so lucky even my case was treated special for about 12 mins"imagine" but she got no choice than to give me,above all i was so lucky..lol...here i am today, i know it worth all the stress if truly you wanna study. 1st,2nd was the same year and 3rd,fourth was also the same year..

Denied three times?? Its obvious that you're not a quitter!

Bored. Miss my Mamacita
sad sad sad sad sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:36am On Jan 11, 2013
imperiouxx: Zerocool, US visa is a different game now, you need to stick to recent activities in the US embassy to know how it works. What they advised or said isn't what they practice in the embassy or might be a bit way off. I've never traveled out of Nigeria when I got denied and 13 days after still never left Nigeria and I got it approved.

Didn't you go abroad (Cotonou) before your interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by spikesC(m): 10:21am On Jan 11, 2013
Adolite:

Do your search very well, try petersons.com ,collegeboard.com

Thanks man...peterson where showing good results but i couldn't find B.ENG
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by spikesC(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Most US colleges don't offer B.Eng, as it is done in Nigeria. It is usually BS and equivalent to a B.Eng. Second, Electrical/Electronics as you know it in Nigeria is normally, in the US, Electrical and Computer Engineering/Electrical and Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or any of its variants. It is all the same. In my undergraduate university, UNN, Electrical and Electronics Engineering are even two separate departments on their own.
Just simply look for prospective schools that offers the course in any of its variants - it is the same thing. In addition, there are more factors to consider when selecting prospective schools.

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Seriously, the BS and B.Eng wahala in Nigeria is making me look for B.ENG ONLY.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olatunjin(m): 1:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
Hello Ĥ♡Ѡ please help mε̲̣̣̣̥ out here,here are the schools I found.
1)University of Utah
2)University of District of Colombia
3)Connecticut university
4)The City university of New York
5)University of Florida
6)Southern university at New Orleans
7)Southern Arkansas University
The course I want to do is Biochemistry or pharmacy or Applied Biology.I want to start the process now please advise mε̲̣̣̣̥ because I'm new in this system and I got my inspiration from this trend,Which one is best for mε̲̣̣̣̥ as undergraduate and I'm responsible for my sponsorship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
spikes C:

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Seriously, the BS and B.Eng wahala in Nigeria is making me look for B.ENG ONLY.

Whether B.Eng, B.Tech or BSc in Engr, except nominally, there's absolutely no difference, even in Nigeria.

About looking for what to do here, you will be doing yourself a disfavor by looking for the degree names or name of programs only. The important thing to do is to look at the courses being offered and current active research areas in the department.

How well these match your career aspirations should now be an index, among others, on your scale of school/program preference.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 2:13pm On Jan 11, 2013
Just to add to zerocool's comments ...

Note that the excerpt from the consulate was on all visa categories and I think, if at all travel experience were to matter, it would be for visiting and other visa categories but not student.

They issue F1 visas as long as they are convinced in their own world that the applicant is a genuine student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 2:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
Yvete:

Denied three times?? Its obvious that you're not a quitter!

Bored. Miss my Mamacita
sad sad sad sad sad

Never a quitter !...lol grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 2:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
olatunji_n: Hello Ĥ♡Ѡ please help mε̲̣̣̣̥ out here,here are the schools I found.
1)University of Utah
2)University of District of Colombia
3)Connecticut university
4)The City university of New York
5)University of Florida
6)Southern university at New Orleans
7)Southern Arkansas University
The course I want to do is Biochemistry or pharmacy or Applied Biology.I want to start the process now please advise mε̲̣̣̣̥ because I'm new in this system and I got my inspiration from this trend,Which one is best for mε̲̣̣̣̥ as undergraduate and I'm responsible for my sponsorship.
You just made the first step towards your US study goal. Thumbs up.
Now, there are other factors you'll have to consider to successfully narrow down your list.
1) Good quality of the school's academic program.
2) Low/average tuition cost + fees of the school. Make sure it is within the range you can comfortably afford, just in case you don't receive any form of financial aid in the end.
3) High chances of obtaining financial awards/partial or full scholarship from the school.
4) Cost of living in the state the school is located in. This is important. South western US states + Texas are very affordable to live in.
5) And the last but not the least, the weather conditions of the state! Aha! You never imagined that would be important. It sure is.
The house can add to the list more factors that I may not have added.
Try applying to at least 3/4 schools that satisfy these factors.
Success in your academic endeavors.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 2:42pm On Jan 11, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.